PriorityOne

Recommendations for Corvo

Hi there!

I've been doing a lot of playing of the Corvo lately and I have some suggestions. First off, let me say I like the idea of the Corvo as it is unlike other weapons in the game and I appreciate the efforts made by the devs in giving the players more choices on the battlefield. 

I consider the Corvo to be the baby of a Fat Man cannon and Spectre machine gun and have been trying to make it work in PVP. I primarily play around 7,000 power score using either three Corvos or four. The version with four is a true glass cannon (?) at that PS. I can see why this weapon is generally better on hovers as the reload time leaves plenty of opportunity for opponents to remove your weapons. 

My experience with these weapons has left me underwhelmed by their performance. I find the damage to be just below that of two Fat Mans or three Spectres at the 7k PS range using four Corvos (which costs 16 energy and 3760 PS versus 12 energy and 2820 PS for two Fat Mans or three spectres.) As such, here are my suggestions to make the Corvo stand toe to tow (see what I did there??) with it's purple counterparts. Given that this weapon is/was only craftable during the recent Knetche event, I would have thought it would be more desirable to players.

My first suggestion would be to leave the weapon exactly as it is except to change the energy cost to three and to lower the power score to 705. This would allow more Corvos to be equipped and allow them to compete on a more even footing with its' fellow rares while still keeping it's "duck and weave" play style intact.

My second suggestion would be to leave everything the same except to lower the reload to 3 seconds OR allow the reload to be affected by fusion and engine reload mechanics. Giving the Corvo the fusion option of lowering reload would also be a boon to the value of this weapon on the market. Lowering the reload or allowing the players to fuse for it and also equip a reload lowering engine would allow the Corvo to compete more effectively when compared to other weapons of its energy cost/power score.  

I hope the devs take my suggestions to heart as this weapon has a lot of potential. As it stands, other weapons in the "rare" category are out performing the Corvo and are better choices. 

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

• Upvote 4

I really like both ideas.

IMO a reloading weapon should be affected by engines, no exceptions allowed. Corvo is a reloading weapon so i see no excuses whatsoever.

I think the devs didn't make the reload speed dependent on engine because the devs were too lazy with the reloading audio. The audio which plays back during reload is just a single audio file and it already got desynced once when the Corvo reload was buffed. The right way to implement the reload audio is to have a clip play for each of the action: "Chamber gets opened", "Bullet gets inserted", "Chamber gets closed". This way the reload speed can be anything and it'll work.

Buffing a four energy Corvo is a tricky thing to do. This weapon could very easily turn OP under wrong balancing situations.

I kinda like the idea of making it a three energy without changing any other stats. This way it becomes a reloading counterpart to Equalizer: you can run two in low PS, three in mid PS and four in high PS and have energy left for support modules like engines detectors etc. You could make single cannon, dual Corvo hybrid builds and an installed engine would benefit both. Or you could make a very specialized five corvo+engine build with devastating firepower but less overall flexibility.

If the Corvo would prove to be OP in a hover you could increase recoil to make it more difficult to use on hovers; after all it's not a single shot weapon.

• Upvote 3

I support both ideas.

On 10/23/2018 at 12:40 AM, PriorityOne said:

change the energy cost to three

I don't like it. 3 energy corvo will be very threatening in low ps. Lowering ps also causes same problem.

On 10/23/2018 at 12:40 AM, PriorityOne said:

allow the reload to be affected by fusion and engine reload mechanics.

This is what i want but because of reloading animation, it would be not that easy.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:08 AM, VisceraCleaner said:

I don't like it. 3 energy corvo will be very threatening in low ps. Lowering ps also causes same problem.

This is what i want but because of reloading animation, it would be not that easy.

The animation is cool, but I wouldn't shed any tears over them removing it so we could get that benefit :)

Having seen what Hovers can do with Corvos.. I am against any buff.

One more weapon that to be balanced on hovers has to be garbage on any other vehicle. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ARES_IV said:

Having seen what Hovers can do with Corvos.. I am against any buff.

One more weapon that to be balanced on hovers has to be garbage on any other vehicle. :rolleyes:

Another in the long list of reasons hovers where bad ideas.

• Like 4

Corvo's need a buff.

I like both ideas.

+1

On 11/19/2018 at 2:15 AM, Warbrand2 said:

Having seen what Hovers can do with Corvos..
I am against any buff. One more weapon that to be balanced on hovers has to be garbage on any other vehicle.   

Another in the long list of reasons hovers where bad ideas.

Exactly

Edited by Rustdog
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I sometimes use quad corvos for fun and i can say that their dps is balanced right now, but they could make their range 10% further or so, or at least buff their structure  a bit, cause they are getting stripped off extremelly easily

Corvo need redesign!!! coz it look's like steampunk weapon. Steapunk pathos with rusty parts looks awful....

or... in thought... need more pathos steampunk parts))))))

Edited by MaxDaredevil

The point of a Corvo is hit- and- run. This means that people choose it for the damage it can do within a second, without caring about the load time as mch.

Thus, if you want to buff the Corvo but keep it's role unique, you should not decrease loading time, because that would make it closer in role to other regularly loaded weapons.

Instead, you should reinforce this uniqueness, e.g. increase the damage it deals. Maybe even increase load time to balance it out.

So, the first idea is good, but the second one is, in my opinion, counter- productive, because it makes the Corvo lose it's charm.

Edited by TAPATOP_TPAKTOP

mabe give the corvos the old reaperperk for the last bullet ;) would be fine as they now don't do that much against spaced armor.

Started playing them recently and they feel underpowered. Aim good. turn speed good. Durability good. But energy to 3 would make me happy. Or The last bullet need some Extra Kick in. Like a Nice pierce or something..

THe cowboy feeling is to fast hit critical part.. for stripping off  low durability weapon its nice to have. But At stripping armor it is really bad. With the last shot Pierce armor It will give paired with neutrino a Nice AIM THE SPOT chance to do something to those Heavy build. For the moment When I See track, fatman, mammoth It is over.

And between 3 energy or a GOOD pierce (like enough to go through goliath and hit weak spot. ) I choose the pierce.

• Upvote 1

Story: I was thinking up a storm - as I do:my_precious:  - when I came across an idea for a new Crossout faction (won't go into that), but along with that, a new Crossout weapon - similar to a tommy gun - which lead me down the road of ways to extend the magazine size - which lead me to this new concept of adding ammo packs to increasing how many bullets are in each magazine. Then I realised that there was a weapon in the game already that could benefit from this concept - the revalver (Corvo).

Concept: when ammo packs are added to the vehicle, they extend the magazine/clip size of specific weapons - like the Revalver.

For example: the Corvo. When you add an ammo pack(s) (ammo would need to be +17% at least..AKA 2 small ammo packs), the revolver itself would gain a round in the magazine/cylinder.

In other words, when you add ammo to the vehicle, it synergizes with certain weapon types - like the Corvo - in the form of extended magazines.

I believe this is the ‘buff’ we are looking for.

• Confused 2

I agree with your suggestion xd but still not sure about reducing energy

also increase damage a bit by 25%(25-75(last shot)) or change fusion perk damage from 5% to 25%

revolver supposedly a deadly weapon so yeah xd

but it still has good, bad and ugly side

good= deal high damage

bad=reloading weapon that could end your life if you in bad situation

ugly=.........?

profit!

• Confused 1

It can reload faster with engines, but it still feels incredibly underpowered. 160 durability means they get stripped off in a single cannon hit, and everything else will just kill you during your long reload. Even with Colossus it feels painfully slow.

6 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:

It can reload faster with engines, but it still feels incredibly underpowered. 160 durability means they get stripped off in a single cannon hit, and everything else will just kill you during your long reload. Even with Colossus it feels painfully slow.

TBH they're pinpoint accurate and have much, much more burst than any MG. I can't tell you if Corvos are easily stripped because the ones I met degunned me in 3 seconds :'D

They look good from where I stand and I'd like to try them. Tougher than Spectres, more burst damage.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1

The only real "danger" I can think of Corvo is people using macro to unload the entire clip in half a second. If that ever turned out to be a problem, the devs could limit the fire rate like with Emily.

It's just food for thought for future, currently Corvo doesn't pose any threats to balance.

as some ppl hear have already said, i would be weary about a corvo buff, i see quite a lot of 3 corvo hovers at the ps i like to mess around at and in the right hands they can strip faster than any other hitscan weapon.

maybe a range buff to corvo ? idk