lucashc90

Let's get MUDDY!

Mud pattern (you have to play with bump maps to make something as unique as the death mask or the crater paints):

Resultado de imagem para muddy car

Splatter stickers:

Resultado de imagem para mud splatter

light-brown-clay-artistically-sprayed-up

EMBRACE THE MUD LIFE!

our-captive-brit-goes-to-the-michigan-mu

• Upvote 6

Apart from the fancy paints like Death Mask this game seems to lack texture tesselation. Adding it would likely make lot of the stuff in this game look less 2010-ish, with or without mud.

It would be nice to have some partial paints. I played a Warhammer game some time ago. It was a very lame game, but they let you paint the hell out of your avatars. Because Warhammer itself is based on miniature painting. So you could take like a primer, base coat, add a wash, highlights. There was a really huge difference in appearance doing all that. I'm not a big appearance guy and I had fun coming up with cool color schemes.

So the difference is like if you take a dark primer, then add red on top, your corners and crevices are super dark. You start with a light primer and add red, then everything is light in the corners. And yeah, you can have washes that look rusty or dirty or whatever. And glue on grass or sand or whatever. But it's hard to see a whole MUD pattern. Because then the entire object becomes a glob of mud. Take a look at like Plague paint. It's white with red rust. And looks pretty cool. That's the equivalent of multistep painting. If you have a MUD one, the problem is, it's going to be + MUD. Just like Plague is white + rust. If you want to take YOUR car and make it muddy, it will look like everyone else's car. Because mud will be an entire color/pattern and not just a texture you can add to other colors.

Maybe if large pieces of equipment like wheels/guns/cabins could accept more than one color you could do it.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/16/2019 at 10:29 PM, Spedemix said:

Apart from the fancy paints like Death Mask this game seems to lack texture tesselation. Adding it would likely make lot of the stuff in this game look less 2010-ish, with or without mud.

Like ACTUAL wood pattern, not some paint that looks your typical wood decal from the dollar store...

On 1/18/2019 at 12:13 AM, dukerustfield said:

It would be nice to have some partial paints. I played a Warhammer game some time ago. It was a very lame game, but they let you paint the hell out of your avatars. Because Warhammer itself is based on miniature painting. So you could take like a primer, base coat, add a wash, highlights. There was a really huge difference in appearance doing all that. I'm not a big appearance guy and I had fun coming up with cool color schemes.

So the difference is like if you take a dark primer, then add red on top, your corners and crevices are super dark. You start with a light primer and add red, then everything is light in the corners. And yeah, you can have washes that look rusty or dirty or whatever. And glue on grass or sand or whatever. But it's hard to see a whole MUD pattern. Because then the entire object becomes a glob of mud. Take a look at like Plague paint. It's white with red rust. And looks pretty cool. That's the equivalent of multistep painting. If you have a MUD one, the problem is, it's going to be + MUD. Just like Plague is white + rust. If you want to take YOUR car and make it muddy, it will look like everyone else's car. Because mud will be an entire color/pattern and not just a texture you can add to other colors.

Maybe if large pieces of equipment like wheels/guns/cabins could accept more than one color you could do it.

That's why I suggested texturized mud stickers to go along with the mud paint, so you have a higher degree of control over which is mud and which isn't... because as awesome your idea is, unfortunately it would take a complete rework of the painting in the game and I think the devs wouldn't go that route.

Why to get ''muddy'' when u can be clean and sexy...We actually need more paint's who can change color like (Fire Salamander,Lollipop,Cold Fire) and same time to have an metalized or pearlescent effect since most paint's from game are washed and don't cover the part's that good like other do.The next paint's who can be made is a blue and a green version like in the presented pictures.

image.thumb.png.c5630f6c9480e90be0d38b23image.png.bc8753fb4baac6ec9437ae0cca7018image.thumb.png.55cdf04a2721b7e638264803image.thumb.png.26973c12c736f458695d07dd

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was always a fan of the "chamaleon" paint myself

Automotive-Coating-Chameleon-Pearl-Powde

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I was always a fan of the "chamaleon" paint myself

Automotive-Coating-Chameleon-Pearl-Powde

Don't we already have one with fire salamander?

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Warbrand2 said:

Don't we already have one with fire salamander?

Turquoise -> Deep Blue -> Purple -> Red -> Orange

To be more precise, it can be described as a mixture of Salamander, Cold Flame and Eggplant over a Magnetic Field base.

Resultado de imagem para oxidized titanium

(like oxidized titanium)

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gasp... I want to have those shiny paints.... NOW!

Bumping this. They combine patterns with a number of paints. Armor Plates and Plague look great. Plague is especially close to muddy. But it would have to be color + muddy. Maybe they could use the base color of the item itself?

cssEKf8.jpg

ARPoVZf.jpg

3W8vgyN.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Id rather have them create muddy textures as stickers/decals than as a paint can. That way we can put muddy stickers up around wheel wells and other places over top of our normal paint. Or just do both so people can choose between either.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2019 at 7:10 PM, dukerustfield said:

They combine patterns with a number of paints. Armor Plates and Plague look great. Plague is especially close to muddy. But it would have to be color + muddy. Maybe they could use the base color of the item itself?

On 3/7/2019 at 4:45 AM, Crunk_Prime said:

Id rather have them create muddy textures as stickers/decals than as a paint can. That way we can put muddy stickers up around wheel wells and other places over top of our normal paint. Or just do both so people can choose between either.

I like how they did with the new Echo+ pack: there is white paint and there is white stickers to blurry it with the plating paint.

As I said originally, we could have a "mud plaster only paint" together with "mud splashes" stickers, this way, you can for example paint the lower half of the car with mud pattern and add those splashes to blurry the lower half with the painted upper part (specially useful since cabs are only one color).

• Like 1

download.jpg.9a2b0906f6378beba6508120905

Edited by lucashc90