SoulDeliverer

Mandrake aiming circle shown on minimap

I suggest that while using a Mandrake, pressing tab bring up the map as usual but with an added circle to see where you're aiming at.

This would allow artillery to effectively suppress area he can't see. Arty shouldn't have to have direct line of sight to where he's aiming at to effectively aim there(Even then, atm, that's bugged you can't always aim where you can). Sure right now you can shoot all across the map but you won't know where your aiming at, can only guess with the lob line and size of mouse movement toward the area.

It would also be more artillery-like. Army provide positions,(team) they got their grid map(Tab map), they shoot using info and the map, so should we able to. And because the neighbor does it, so why not us. (every game i know with artillery WoT, Warthunder, Armored Warfare).

I tried the pole thing, lame, high enough for me to get stuck everywhere but still, a small hill hide my view.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Would actually make them viable. Surprised this isn't a feature.

6 minutes ago, Kilahhjoe said:

It can also be added to the incinerators,  unless you deem it a legendary perk for the mandrake. 

Incinerators are more accurate so need it less as strange as it sounds, as long as you know angles and have map knowledge it isn't needed as much. But do to mandrake having a longer range it is needed.

• Like 1

World of Tanks does artillery alot better then Crossout thats for sure. Either your dumping firebarrels all over or your blindfiring mandrakes. It's always been a pretty underwhelming weapon (especially on console) though direct hits are very satisfying and deadly. I'm more in favor of this then not, though this might just make them flat out broken OP.  Just have the Radar that shows enemies behind cover and BLAM easy win. I think the mandrake itself would have to be nerfed though

3 hours ago, SleepySRH said:

Either your dumping firebarrels all over or your blindfiring mandrakes. It's always been a pretty underwhelming weapon (especially on console) though direct hits are very satisfying and deadly. I'm more in favor of this then not, though this might just make them flat out broken OP.  Just have the Radar that shows enemies behind cover and BLAM easy win. I think the mandrake itself would have to be nerfed though

Could you please talk for yourself and not for others?! Its not blindfiring or dumping, if so youre doing it wrong! Its an awesome weapon (even on console) if you use it correctly, radar detector is a must, i can get mvps in 15k+ lobbys while being at 10k myself.

I gladly take a mandrake "buff" but its not necessary at all.

Edited by Beni_Stingray1

12 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Could you please talk for yourself and not for others?!

Pretty sure i was bub, being as it's my opinion and it's based off a first hand experience as someone who been here over 3 years. I was a big user of the mandrake before the hovers came out and I know it's not an easy weapon to use even when everyone was on wheels and spider legs were at a crawl, but with practice it can be a top tier weapon. Even though it can be lethal in trained hands, nowadays with the stealth being buffed and all the fire barrel weapons its all i see these days; clutter. Either your cant drive 2 feet cause there is a dozen barrels all over the map or you got the mandrake user trying to hit one of the 5 people using chameleons before it creeps on em. It's not that viable of a weapon I'd definitely like to see improvements to artillery in this game as far as aiming and effectiveness being the case, but in exchange I'd like them to be a little less of a mess on the battlefield. Everything in this game has slowed to a crawl in combat as far as head on fights are concerned. So much random ordnance on the field or the shotgunner/flamethrower hiding behind the rock just lurking making people afraid to go to the middle of the map. I mean your counter point is pretty much the equivalent of "Scorpions suck" "Well I'm good with scorpions so that cant be right"

lol so much wrong with this post!

2 hours ago, SleepySRH said:

Pretty sure i was bub, being as it's my opinion and it's based off a first hand experience as someone who been here over 3 years.

No you didnt, you generalized. And im also playing since the game came out, so what? Doesnt mean anything!

Even though it can be lethal in trained hands, nowadays with the stealth being buffed and all the fire barrel weapons its all i see these days; clutter. Either your cant drive 2 feet cause there is a dozen barrels all over the map or you got the mandrake user trying to hit one of the 5 people using chameleons before it creeps on em. It's not that viable of a weapon I'd definitely like to see improvements to artillery in this game as far as aiming and effectiveness being the case, but in exchange I'd like them to be a little less of a mess on the battlefield.

Yeah youre doing it wrong!

Everything in this game has slowed to a crawl in combat as far as head on fights are concerned. So much random ordnance on the field or the shotgunner/flamethrower hiding behind the rock just lurking making people afraid to go to the middle of the map.

Yeah thats part of the game, always was, always will be! Get a chameleon/detector/occulus or whatever and use map awareness, its not that hard. And even if you get ***** up from close range builds, that has nothing to do with the weapon itself, it was your fault in the first place for not staying with the team/not being attentive enough or just bad luck but not the weapons fault. You play a support role so surely you lose against a shotgun/cannnon or whatever build.

You should know that and play accordingly.

I mean your counter point is pretty much the equivalent of "Scorpions suck" "Well I'm good with scorpions so that cant be right"

Exactly, just because youre unable to use a weapon succesfully and/or effective doesnt mean the weapon is bad, it means youre bad, plain and simple!

I really like this simple idea. One of things that mandrake needs.
But i wanna attach just one simple idea.

Make aim circle shown on the minimap, within players detection range.
It will make detector really useful for Mandrake builds.

One Mandrake build with detector and some modules will get unique advantage over the double Mandrake without any module.
As a howitzer, high angle fire over the terrain and cover must be easier and be the trademark of Mandrake.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

I'm conflicted. I'd like this...but at the same time I wouldn't as it would likely make drake too easy to use.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

I'm conflicted. I'd like this...but at the same time I wouldn't as it would likely make drake too easy to use.

That's why I'm against it, it'd make mandrakes almost point and click.

• Upvote 1

Mandrakes are fine and need no adjustment, except higher aim view, stay in aim view throughout the shooting sequence and better depth aim adjustment. They are currently out of rotation when it comes to fotm weapons, due to a lot of players playing fast and mobile dps builds, but this is unproblematic. Normally I would say stay away from the Mandrake, leave it alone. However, there is a concern that makes me support aiming circle dot on the minimap. Map layouts. In the old maps there are a lot of cover to do what the Mandrake is made for. With the new maps and the reconstruction of old maps there is no good cover to work from, or the minimap is so littered with small covers that it makes it problematic to orientate in. Take "Control 17" for instance, or what it's called. The one with the big antennas. In the old version you could easily read the minimap and aim accordingly, even blindshots. In the new version it is hard to even find the antennas on the minimap, and counting small containers is not an option. Mandrakes are calculated luck, and will still be so with aim information on minimap. It will just bring it up to par with other weapons.

• Confused 1