BjKalderon

Discussion - [Developer blog] Changes in hover mechanics

Hover%20devblog.jpg

Spoiler

Survivors! Today we would like to share updated information on changes in hover mechanics. But first, we would like to thank once again everyone who took an active part in the first test and shared constructive opinions in a special thread on the forum. We analyzed the combat data, tried to take into account a number of your comments and now we offer you to take part in the second test of the updated hovers. Please note that upon logging into the test server each player will be given 4 hovers “Icarus VII”. After the test's conclusion, these hovers will not be transferred to your account on the live server.

We are still planning to remove the limit, thanks to which, in case of installing more than 4 hovers, the power of each of them is significantly reduced. Without this limitation, you can install more hovers on your armoured car. Now each installed hover, like all other movement parts, will reduce the cabin's power by a certain value. The more hovers you install, the less chance that your craft will be immobilized, but at the same time, the reduction in power and, accordingly, acceleration is felt more strongly. You can compensate for this by installing a cabin with more power or an engine that significantly increases it. Please note that the effectiveness of armoured vehicles with hovers will directly depend on the power of the used cabin. In case you missed the first mass testing of updated havers, you can always read more detailed information about our plans in this news.

What has been changed? 

After analyzing the data, we came to the conclusion that the previous values of power reduction for each hover were slightly higher than required. In the updated version, the hover “Icarus IV” reduces cabin power by 7%, and the hover “Icarus VII” — by 3%. Power of the hovers themselves was also adjusted in relation to the updated cabin power reduction values.

The tonnage boost of both hovers is planned to remain the same as well as durability parameters applied during the first testing.

So let's summarize what has changed since the first mass test:

• Each installed hover “IcarusVII” reduces cabin power by 3% (instead of 8%).
  • Each installed hover “Icarus IV” reduces cabin power by 7% (instead of 14%).
  • The hovers' own power is adjusted relative to the updated values of the cabin power reduction.

Mass testing of the updated changes is scheduled to begin today. Test your craft with updated hovers, build different crafts on hovers with different cabins/engines and different PS values. We also recommend testing hovers on crafts with low-power and low-PS cabins and on crafts with high-PS cabins and powerful engines, and then compare the results. You can see the schedule and instructions for logging into the test server HERE.

Please note that all the features described in this blog are preliminary and may still be changed before the final release on the game servers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

And here I was hoping that this weekend we could already test the new large map:(

Oh, well let's take another look on hovers.

Just to confirm, Durability stays like currently on live servers?

Edited by KaSH_

BjKalderon (Posted )

KaSH_, not exactly - their durability during this open testing is on the same level as it was on the previous one.

Do players once again receive four hovers once they log in to the test server?

EDIT: I must learn to read. Never mind.

Edited by Spedemix
yes, spede, they do receive.

BjKalderon (Posted )

No problem, Spedemix - please don't forget to share your feedback in special thread (will be opened soon)
  • Haha 1

I tested the new hovers... well the GOOD: -it's good that your builds rotates way more easily, you can aim easier and can redirect your hover if you are bumped into a wall or your teammate pushes you.

-there seem to be more balance in air, if you are on a bumpy road or jump down from somewhere high, you stabilize way way faster.

-more hovers seem to work fine if you use a good power cabin/engine. 6 hovers worked ok on a cabin like pilgrim. (6/10 tick on power) even 8 hovers with colossus it was relatively fast.

BAD: yeah the power is noticable, and it's a little annoying to control after getting used to the old one. the rotating speed is quite confusing now but it's gonna be better this way. it's more clean.

well, I don't think anybody will like this patch, because the nerfs are not "strong" enough for wheel players yet annoying enough for hover players so they will complain too :D 
but i think it would be an alright patch. but i fear the 6-8 hover vehicles will take over the game. especially helioses with aegis or barrier... maybe dual barrier or something like that.

BjKalderon (Posted )

atomisten, thanks for sharing your feedback! I should say that these changes are not quite buffs or nerfs, but rather a rework. What we are trying to achieve is for the hovers to still remain effective (for an epic rarity movement module) but on the higher PS levels.
  • Like 2

At 5K they seem to be more as any other builds. I had used my usual build and feel that there is a fighting chance between the two. Much better than the last test.  

I do hope all will go well guys. Thank you for taken time with this.

:02:

• Upvote 1

This has been my experience so far when testing in 10K PS:

914060035_shieldsmeme.jpg.fb4ebda4861a9c

Jokes aside, looks much better than the last one. I'm wrecking hovers but I'm also getting wrecked myself.

• Like 2

Guest __T_A_U_R_U_S__

Nice. Everything to sell more hover. :p
First learn mechanics and correct wheel effect
(Power / load capacity) before you experiment with Hover :017:

All they have done is undo the Nerf that they put on the hover before.  Ridiculous!!!.

Stop messing around with items that don't need it and sort the items that do. 

• Upvote 1