BjKalderon

Discussion - [Developer blog] Changes in hover mechanics

I APPROVE 100% I knew that, that was coming now let's hope for it to be the future update. As for the PS raise I ain't got a problem with as I'm playing on 9k PS vs 10-11kk players. But buff is a buff even if won't help that mutch vs Hammerfalls or melee. But melee with spark is a huge xxxx and  the slightest touch to the frame and you are naked csbin. So you either nerf the melee or you raise hover suspension. But hovers are nowhere near of a need from a Nerf.

Edited by BGTheChosenOne

BjKalderon (Posted )

Thank you - you are welcome to join the testing and leave your feedback;)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

omg it took devs like 6 months to make these suggestions made by literally everyone.

now i just need to stop playing for 6months until they finally get rid of cheaters who are obvious to everyone.

BjKalderon (Posted )

atomisten, a final decision regarding the upcoming hover rework will depend a lot on this testing (just like it did on the previous ones) - as always, we appreciate the detailed feedback in the special topic;)
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeees yes  yes, this is the way I wanted to see things going, PS up and buffs instead of nerfs! 

Hovers is a great start for this to draw the line towards the next epic and legendaries reworks,

Now tanky hovers will be even tankier than in the last tests, that's for sure worth trying definetly testing this ones when I can in my region ^^

:good:

Btw if we have access to the Adventure mode in our account would we have it on the test server as well?  It's an interesting scenario for further testing

Edited by xCrossFaith

BjKalderon (Posted )

xCrossFaith, thank you for the feedback - as for your question, in order for you to concentrate on testing the specific changes, there are only a few modes available (not including adventure).
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I asked this question a month ago:

On 10/28/2018 at 9:30 PM, Spedemix said:

Wow.

Are the hover players really holding this game as a hostage?

I guess we found out the answer today.

https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/295020-plea-from-a-hover-hater/&do=findComment&comment=5192229

Edited by Spedemix
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

The PS raise is great for new players, but everyone that dislikes hovers (seems like half the community) will just see this as an unnecessary durability buff. Hovers accelerate faster in every direction faster than most end game ground builds drive forward. And losing 1 or 2 doesn't even hurt good sideways builds. Driving straight at someone and they're maneuvering faster than you in reverse while returning fire isn't fair for builds using other movement pieces. If they're getting a buff to survive longer, then they should at least lose some acceleration. 

You're right that hovers are the fastest accelrating movement part, but that really dosen't matter at all when harvesterbuilds and shotgunbuilds have a higher maksimum speed. Loosing 1 hover does affect the acceleration quite a bit and makes the hover pretty hard to drive. while 2 will make the hover useless no matter how good the build is.

• Confused 7
  • Upvote 3

Well, an other change would have been to put the ps of one hover at ~480, and change the limit of hover to 6 and reduce the power if they have less than 6. More durable at high ps, and it makes sense to have more of them (with less health). Only issue, the pack would not work anymore.

480ps x 6 = 2880ps and 700ps x 4 = 2800. Not too far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok, if you are increasing the durability of hovers, please revert the recent TOW nerf. Come on.. a damage fused TOW with maxed Hans and Icebox does not reliably one-shot Hover parts. Nor dual wheels or big wheels for that matter.

• Upvote 6

This is a huge step in the right direction. 

New players will be able to enjoy the game safe from the Hover try-hards and will hopefully stick around.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Thank you, EhWhatOldBean! While these changes are currently implemented only for the test server, the feedback will definitely be considered while we will work on the hover rework.
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, old_buddy_ol_pal said:

You’re ridiculous, speed doesn’t matter at all when terrain and changing directions effect wheels so bad. Hover consistently outrun faster builds just because of the ability to ignore terrain

nope. hovers have max speed limit, and most all melee/shotgun builds on wheels can catch a hover.

• Confused 12
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ThePaladinTech said:

:facepalm:

This guy tho...

If you've never seen a good 5-hover build still fighting and flying with 3 hovers left, then you must be playing where people still use Chords.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

As has alrdy been told, this change is going to make new players enjoy the game more so its definetly a good step forward.

But there is one thing im afraid of and that is increased amount of (now stronger) hovers on 10 000+ PS and also in CWs, usually if you are playing the helios hover with 11 000 you dont care if you get 1 000 PS more because you gonna face same enemies.

And PS also absolutely does not matter in CWs.

So id suggest reconsidering one of the following things

Smaller hitboxes for decorations, becuase hovers are usually covered by them and it gives them advantage against cannons for example.

Or even better, nerf the aegis HP/active-time/cooldown a bit. Because aegis is percentually the most used tool in high PS/CW matches on all hovers.

Edited by SteelCZE
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Consider increasing the number of hover installs as well, losing one is incredibly detrimental, losing 2 is a death sentence

BjKalderon (Posted )

VileCrib_3, that's correct, but it should also be mentioned that the maneuverability should be taken into account as well, epsecially if we are talking about high PS, where they usually covered by an additional layer of armor.
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

In my opinion as mostly hover player for year I think the thing about higher PS is right. 700 ps per hover is ok, maybe it should be little bit higher but the idea about higher HP is not good. Nowadays is sometimes problem to kill them because they're running whole time across the map and if they have higher durability, then there'll be only 1 thing that will be playable on PvP and that'll be only hovers again, they are fast, with good mobility and so high hp.. I think getting up the ps is the right way but durability should stay as it is now and that's 150 durability for Icarus VII and 200 durability for Icarus VI.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Ivimeria, thank you for sharing this! Have you already played on the test server? It's possible that these changes will proove to feel different (from a gameplay point of view) in the game from the devblog;)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

If you've never seen a good 5-hover build still fighting and flying with 3 hovers left, then you must be playing where people still use Chords.

As the matter of fact i used 5-hover build long long time ago (almost a year ago).

as for Chords - well, i play over 300 battles of CW each week and enough battles to cap the wires limit + batteries, and i rarely go lower than 9k, and i havent seen 5-hover build in months

And, you said "And losing 1 or 2 doesn't even hurt good sideways builds" well, i have over 2000 hrs into this game and i have never seen sideways 5-hover build.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, atomisten said:

omg it took devs like 6 months to make these suggestions made by literally everyone.

now i just need to stop playing for 6months until they finally get rid of cheaters who are obvious to everyone.

Why do you call everyone who is good a cheater.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly this seems to be the most logical update for this. While the previous public tests could allow more hovers, it was still allowing seal club builds. Let's face it, as long as someone can build something, there is always going to be someone trying to figure out how to run the lowest PS for any build no matter what movement part and weapon. This also does not kill your $70 pack and make it look like a joke to anyone wanting to buy or recently bought the pack during your last 50% off sale on it.

Raising the PS and structure allows them to be more viable in the upper PS range, while not forcing everyone to rebuild their higher PS hover builds to compensate for the changes. Granted I know some players won't agree about this, but in reality some of those players want your development team to simply delete them from the game and from players inventories and won't be happy until that happens.

Thank you guys for listening to the players and just upping the PS versus making them unplayable in the upper PS region of the game.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4