Would you like a map like this?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a map like this?

• Yes
    • No

Opening up, gathering feedback from players.

• Thanks 2

Yes! I'm all for any type of new maps and a frozen one sounds sweet!

• Thanks 1

+1000000

WE NEED NEW PVP MAPS

• Thanks 1

Not even reading the post

More maps is a yes for me

More maps with snow is a YEEEEEEEESSSSS for me

So... Yes please!

Also.. That vehicle in the last image... Make it happen too.

• Haha 1

This game direly needs new maps. We basically get 2 PvP maps per year.

• In 2016 we got Control-17 Station and Fortress (I can't data if other maps were added during 2016 or if they were there already)
  • In 2017 we got Desert Valley, Broken Arrow and the redesign of Founders Canyon (Sector Ex doesn't count since it was pulled because it was broken)
  • In 2018 we got (redesigned) Sector Ex and Nameless Tower

Snow-themed maps would be cool. I don't think all this fits into a single map: large plain with few trees here and there (I see siberia), ice caves and a city. Could be a bunch of maps made into the snow theme. You could leverage existing tehniques into these maps easily: Snow could behave like sand and you could have Storm Warning bralws in these but with - you guessed it - snowstorms!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Buff Sherp

anything new is good if done well, If we have enough map in circulation the rotation of active maps could be done weekly/monthly to keep players invested 

• Upvote 1

Great idea.

also, I really like the acid in the lost city map, maybe some slippery terrain to make it harder to aim with cannons and such would be nice.

depending on how slippery it is you could speed up your vehicle by just firing a cannon or a heavy gun in the right direction. 

• Like 1

Icy map with snowstorms would be superb!

Would like some slippery areas and a snowstorm that roams across the map (reduces visibility if you're right inside it).

• Upvote 1

I like this new kind of map, some of my ideas with this map:
-map with a frozen river between the two bases, with a frozen bridge above the river and it's the only connection. This bridge can be break if it's exceeded a certain weight limit, for example 100.000.
-if players fall from bridge, they can break the frozen river falling in water and they can fight inside water.
-the water of river is very cold, therefore deal damage slowly.
-The ice on river can be break both with weight of car and weapons.
-players can slip on ice.
-danger of snow avalanche in various parts of the map if someone use a gun that makes a lot of noise like Mandrake, Tsunami, Mammoth,Typhoon and it deal damage like in storm warning or in battle royale.    
-random snowstorms.

Edited by blablabla78987

I also suggest a secret cave which leads directly to the enemy base. The entrance of this cave is blocked by ice and it can be dissolved only with a firebug or a draco.

I gave this idea already year ago. Makes sense if we have Snow themed faction along with snow themed maps. Dont forget the north of wasteland isnt discovered yet :) 

• Thanks 1

More maps! Yes.

I also like the idea of playing with the atmospheric effects

• Storms of rain/snow/dust that reduce visibility to 20 meters. Only lasts for 30 secs.
  • Winds that can push hovers/light vehicles around.
  • Water hazards, like rivers with currents, that can drag a car down stream. 
  • Night maps with very little light to see by. (Would require Car mounted lights to work properly) 

Even vehicle hazards - like an active train that rolls through the battle field.

Still active Automated defences that target anyone and take a lot of damage to shut down.

Regardless of what you add to them, please just roll out more areas to play on....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stoopid_noob said:

Storms of rain/snow/dust that reduce visibility to 20 meters. Only lasts for 30 secs.

Hmm, this got me thinking.

Smash Bros games have these maps which evolve over time and go around in a loop. The fact the maps aren't completely random but evolve in a loop is the key here.

The idea of a storm could work if for example it'd always occur at 2:30, halfway through the match. I this storm was random, well, it'd be pretty random. If it appears consistenly, now it's an element players can use properly to relocate/push etc.

Also another idea that popped in my head: Maybe we could have an event (maybe during a monsoon season) where all the desert maps get random sandstorms in PvP modes. They wouldn't hurt the players but limit the visibility like they always do.

I remember the Mad Max game had a system where you would find valuable resurces wherever storm was raging. How about an event where you play PvP normally but every now and then a storm comes and makes visibility heavily limited but there'd be Veteran Crates lying within the storm (or 5000exp loot boxes or whatever) which you could grab for extra rewards.

How's that for an event? A storm to spice up the PvP gameplay and some extra rewards hiding within?

Edited by Spedemix
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stoopid_noob said:

More maps! Yes.

I also like the idea of playing with the atmospheric effects

• Storms of rain/snow/dust that reduce visibility to 20 meters. Only lasts for 30 secs.
  • Winds that can push hovers/light vehicles around.
  • Water hazards, like rivers with currents, that can drag a car down stream. 
  • Night maps with very little light to see by. (Would require Car mounted lights to work properly) 

Even vehicle hazards - like an active train that rolls through the battle field.

Still active Automated defences that target anyone and take a lot of damage to shut down.

Regardless of what you add to them, please just roll out more areas to play on....

YAY, thread brought back from the ether!

Nice pick dude, really liked this one back then.

6 hours ago, Spedemix said:

The idea of a storm could work if for example it'd always occur at 2:30, halfway through the match. I this storm was random, well, it'd be pretty random. If it appears consistenly, now it's an element players can use properly to relocate/push etc.

I suggested sometime ago a map which the round would take place during a forest fire, limiting playable area and creating hazards for the players. Never aproved.

I like your ideas.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 1

If there will be a faction planned in 2019, It should be Snow-Themed faction along with Snowy maps.

This should also introduce dynamic blizzard can be occur during pvp or cw. Its clearly seen that A LOT OF people suggested snow-themed faction + maps. Lets ask DEVS and what they think ?

@Woodyrojo @BjKalderon

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

If there will be a faction planned in 2019, It should be Snow-Themed faction along with Snowy maps.

This should also introduce dynamic blizzard can be occur during pvp or cw. Its clearly seen that A LOT OF people suggested snow-themed faction + maps. Lets ask DEVS and what they think ?

@Woodyrojo @BjKalderon

This looks like a good oportunity to reintroduce the Icebox cabin and Frost sect back into the game.

Also: Nissan-370Zki-front-three-quarter.jpg

Edited by lucashc90

Tracks will have a harder time to grip the ground.

Hovers can do anything but its power of the freezing temperatures reduce by 25%

Legs will have 5kph speed reduction

Wheels will just spin out or even skid

Augers: No effect but if strafing it will possible flip or skid

Felt encouraged to add in an idea suggested months ago but was never reviewed. (Probably too ambitious) 

Spoiler

'Frost Valley' Map - Proposed Size: More or less the size of 'Rock City'

A map designed with the idea of having a weather effect(snowstorm) occur at random intervals. The snowstorm wouldn't damage players but would hinder performance in some areas, while improving others. It was also made to (due to the lack of cover, other than using the caves) give players a quick advantage from opponents camping at the edges of the highest layer. Campers would also be forced to move around, unless they wish to be flanked while under low visibility. The cave system features a large central area, where teams can stage large fights.

Spoiler

Surface Map (Darker Colors = lower elevation)

412918118_Frozenmap2.thumb.png.1eb44beb8

Cave System for map (Darker Colors = lower elevation)

5aa28244b30a8_Frozenmap2cavesystem.png.9

Map features:

• A small cave system which players could enter through entrances scattered around the map to either shield themselves from the snowstorm, or hide from enemy players. 5aa28274efc91_icecaveentrance.jpg.7c7b76
  • Elevated terrain - players not utilizing the cave system can acquire minor protection from the weather by traversing down the lower layers. The middle layer removes the inflicted debuffs and 'buffs' by half; the lowest layer removes it by 3/4

5aa281991b42a_elevationforfrozenmap.png.

• A snowstorm weather effect - occurs at random intervals within matches; lasts for around 15 seconds. During this time, players (on the highest layer) would find their vision and mobility reduced by 20%. However, the snowstorms increase weapon and module cooling rate by 10%, while reducing fire damage, and the rate of heating from that damage, to the player by 10%. The snowstorm will also periodically scramble the minimap, giving it a static appearance

giphy.gifsnowstorm.gif.6d2cc3898922ddab8d8e4ca8a7

• Frozen lake at the center - Players aiming to reach the other side through the middle, would either to circle around the center, or traversing through the lake, suffering from the inability to maneuver properly. 

lake.jpg.e9e2fb69a147983fbf8f529eeeb0963

Second 'Frost Valley' Map

1334743499_Frozenmap3.thumb.png.c75b7f72

Darker color represents lower elevation

Features:

• The same cave system as the first - The caves allows traversal between the different sides of the map, instead of having to circle around the whole map
  • Cave system of the map - 1 and 2 are at a different level and do not connect to caves 3 and 4     

Side of the cave system

• Same weather effect - Snowstorm
  • Grey blocks representing rocks that provide cover

Edited by VortexSymphony

10 hours ago, VortexSymphony said:

AWESOME IDEAS!

Jesus dude! That looks more like an ingame event/brawl than a map on its own! :008:

If every map had this kind of dynamic play I would quit one of my jobs and dump my girlfriend just so I could play all day long! :lol:

Edited by lucashc90