BeepBeepImaSheep

I solved one of the great Mysteries of Crossout

Bots who never leave the Starting Area Solved!

I had a couple of matches where the Bots did not leave the start area. So I got frustrated and build a snowplow build. The next match with a useless bot I took the Snowplow and pushed the Bot towards combat. Every time the Bot would drive back to the starting area no matter how far away I pushed it. Then by luck an enemy player drove by and the bot flipped into attack mode.  The bot drove out of the start and started attacking! As soon as the enemy player got more than 50 distance away the bot went back into coward mode and drove back to the start again. The problem with these bots is they think they don't have weapons . They are running the same code that runs when a Cannon bot is out of ammo. They also have no radar so they don't detect enemies to attack/ . They get stuck in weaponless mode even though they have weapons. . the game does not realize that drone are weapons unless they are active and deployed. If an enemy gets really close the bot knows to activate its drones. When the drones are active then the bots code realizes it had weapons  and starts attacking running the fight code. But once the drones shut off the bot thinks it is weaponless again. Pretty weird and hopefully easy for someone to fix. 

• Confused 1

I am not 100% sure about when there no ammo.  I notice when bots do not have ammo or weapon. They will head to cap. No matter if they are attacking bot or defending bot.

• Upvote 2

That I am not sure about. Either the bot is doing a reset or it thinks it is capping the wrong circle. 

On the Bridge Swamp Map all bots in attack mode make useless solo suicide runs either over or under the bridge,. Drone bots never make this run unless the Drones are deployed. What is even dumber is turret bots will drop their turrets. Then they make the suicide run leaving their turrets behind and charge across with no effective weapons.  What is the point of dropping turrets someplace they will never attack anyone?

42 minutes ago, BeepBeepImaSheep said:

That I am not sure about. Either the bot is doing a reset or it thinks it is capping the wrong circle. 

On the Bridge Swamp Map all bots in attack mode make useless solo suicide runs either over or under the bridge,. Drone bots never make this run unless the Drones are deployed. What is even dumber is turret bots will drop their turrets. Then they make the suicide run leaving their turrets behind and charge across with no effective weapons.  What is the point of dropping turrets someplace they will never attack anyone?

I don't play much PvP now days. The bots in raids seems get stronger and stronger week by week.:crying:

• Thanks 2

Except they don't defend the base. They are limited to 50 range. So you can just park 51 distance away and kill them without any return fire. 

If you play hard missions you can see that Targem can build good bots when they want to.  I would rather see a good effective 2500 PS bot than a wonky 5000 PS mess. 

"They are limited to 50 range."

That's their AI in action. Possibly affected by the fact that most of them don't have radars.

You can also farm moving bots from range. Or leviathans without radars. You see the same thing in raids, when the raiders are defending some objective. If you get too close, they try to get closer to you and engage, but if you withdraw, they will also pull back. With machine guns outside of their optimal range, you can shoot them and they won't even care, because you are too far to even them try to get closer.

That is what they are doing, they are defending. Which is why even when they try to engage something, they will return if they get too far off from the point they are defending. Sure they do it badly but that's because the AI is bad.

Edited by PurdooSix

If you test Lev builds in the garage the Radar makes a huge difference on how it performs. With a good radar the AI will fire the full range the weapon can reach.  Most of the PvE builds now are long range spray builds that sit outside the Bot detection range and hoses down the bot with fire/ 

This "camp in base" behaviour happens even in bots which do not have drones or other weaponry which requires ammo. I reported this as a bug last summer, could've had a baby between the report and today.

To be honest bots need a large rework. Many of the Bot designs are based on how the Devs thought the game would be played years ago. They should be changed to how rides are actually being built. Rare Weapons on Common Cabins and Wheels. Epic Weapons on Common/Common or Rare/Rare. Most importantly never slower than 50 speed and never less than 50 pct acceleration. Slow builds are a death sentence. They also need to have a Sniper Bot AI when Bots have long ranged weapons. I frequently see bots with only long range weapons coming adjacent to enemy builds.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:23 PM, Spedemix said:

This "camp in base" behaviour happens even in bots which do not have drones or other weaponry which requires ammo. I reported this as a bug last summer, could've had a baby between the report and today.

Duh, they are defending the cap, plain and simple.

Duh, no its not. If the bots attack and kill someone sometimes they will drive away from the start. I was watching on the bridge map. Player rolled up and got blasted by the bot. Then the bot left and drove over the bridge. The rest  of the enemy drove into the circle and capped for the win.

1 hour ago, BeepBeepImaSheep said:

Duh, no its not. If the bots attack and kill someone sometimes they will drive away from the start. I was watching on the bridge map. Player rolled up and got blasted by the bot. Then the bot left and drove over the bridge. The rest  of the enemy drove into the circle and capped for the win.

As far as I know. Bots be attackers or defenders at the start of battle. There usually no more than 3 act as defenders.  Some attackers will try to move to enemy's cap while fighting.   All bots will move to enemy's cap if they have no ammo or weapon.   Defenders will move toward a target if there is LOS. If target is destroy, it seem to pick a new role. Sometime it will move to attack, sometimes it remain as defender.

I don't see it as a bug.  How else should bots behave?  

Edited by ChopChopChop

I tried reporting the bots that seem to have no comms as a bug, there is no reason not to have a radio, to use it or detectors etc especially with Higher PS Bots

Some obviously do have radars/detectors or radio, some do not appear to, or fail to use it,

& even with enemies within MY detection range & the friendly bot in Comms range they do appear to default to a "disarmed" camping mode. 

On 3/13/2019 at 5:49 PM, ChopChopChop said:

Bots be attackers or defenders at the start of battle

maybe except they do this stuff when on spawn points which are not Capture points (half of Maps/Modes)

I see combats where the MVP was a BOT!!! and others where all bots gone to die as lemmings.

In average you have 3/4 bots in your team, the 50% of the team!!

It is interesting to know how Gaijin programed these things in order to assure the combat is "FAIR".

From what I can see it's simply that bots pick a cap at random at the start of the game and go for it as long as they're not willing. In the Encouter (?) mode (where spawns are cap points) they seem to have a very low probability to pick their own cap to defend, but still do nonetheless. As someone said, yes, they're just defending the point.

That's not exactly right - bots without weapons always go to the enemy's base and try to capture.

Puts tin-foil hat on....

I was always figured this was part of how they enforce the win/loss rate. If they want a team to lose then they include these base-camping dullard bots to the team. If a team needs to win then they give them the blood-thirsty-hunt-you-until-the-end-of-the-world variety of bots.

If there aren't any bots, then they put all of the lowest rep players with the highest rep player, and put all of the mid-tier players together on the other side.

I wouldn't spout this garbage except that I have been watching this for a couple thousand hours over the last couple years, and it seems oddly correlative at times.