D0GH0USE

AMMO BOX IDEAS

I read alot of posts about most cannons being unbalanced, but what if they became more balanced through the use of different ammo boxes?

Incindiary ammo - ignites on explosion, deals less 20% initial dmg, but increases damage by say 10% per second that the target burns, burn effect last 15 seconds..

EMP ammo - deals 25% less damage to structural parts, but 25% more damage to cabin and all modules.. dmg'd modules take 25% longer to recharge

Accelerated ammo - shells travel 25% faster, increase damage and reload by 10%

these are just some ideas that would be exclusive to cannons, and only 1 type of ammo box can be equipped, but they do stack with the same ammo boxes...

thoughts?

Edited by D0GH0USE
ADDED TAGS
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Fusion of parts already can offer similar results (explosive, dangerous, etc) but of course, the cost to fuse can be enormous, and you're not guaranteed which result you would get.

On the surface this idea may have merit.  But some questions to ponder:

Would the specialized ammo boxes have different power scores?

Would they all be shaped like standard ammo boxes?

Can they themselves be fused?  And with what results?

Would each differing type of box have different crafting recipes?

I'm sure there are more questions but this seems like a good place to start.

Welcome to the forums @D0GH0USE, good first post and suggestion!

Edited by GibSlater
  • Upvote 1

I play on PS4 as Buff_Daddio, have been playing since AUG..

-I think the PS should remain the same as the ones we have now..

-The size should stay the same for an epic, if they became legendary, PS would go up, size should go to 4x4x3, provide 50% more ammo than the epic, and increase weight by 50%.

-Fusing options.. only way to get the legendary besides buying on the market (make them sell-able)..., other options could be 25% less weight, 25% more ammo, compact size: 4x2x2, 10%bonus stats to current based on ammo type.

-crafting would differ.. EMP requiring radios, radar and other electronic parts... incidiary requiring wasps or other missile weapons, and accelerated requiring boosters and other movement parts associated with speed.

- could add Concussive ammo, decreasing dmg by 20% but add a ram effect that actually moves the target vehicle like a booster would along the projectiles target path, based on target weight, the lighter it is, the easier and further it is moved.. this would be beneficial to light frame builds and wedge / harvester builds that are light and fast, but also sneak up and attack from invisible..

got my thinking cap on now! :)

4 hours ago, GibSlater said:

I'm sure there are more questions but this seems like a good place to start.

Can multiple ammo boxes be used on the same build? 

Can each cannon be set to a certain ammo type?

4 hours ago, GibSlater said:

Welcome to the forums @D0GH0USE, good first post and suggestion!

Welcome!

if you choose to use the incendiary ammo for instance, all cannons use the incendiary ammo.. but you can't add say an EMP ammo box, but can stack incendiary boxes for more ammo... and auto cannons, rockets or missiles requiring ammo, only gain the ammo increase, not the effect..

8 minutes ago, D0GH0USE said:

if you choose to use the incendiary ammo for instance, all cannons use the incendiary ammo.. but you can't add say an EMP ammo box, but can stack incendiary boxes for more ammo... and auto cannons, rockets or missiles requiring ammo, only gain the ammo increase, not the effect..

just in further thinking.. if the ammo boxes were able to be alotted to the same trigger key as a cannon, you could use 2 different ammo types... I do think though, this option should be left to the Legendary Boxes, giving promise to crafting and fusing to get legendary boxes, then you can have say a FatBoy using incendiary shells to do damage and heat up the enemy, and increasing dmg with each shot... and then having a Mammoth with Accelerated shells, also increasing in damage, firing faster and faster shell flight.. I think this idea would give merit to having a Mammoth, which looses alot of damage to light armor already, is heavy and slow, and fires slowly... Imagine a Mammoth with the capability with EMP ammo, taking out engines, radars, radios, slowing movement and doing cabin damage regardless of the type of armor being used.. even a Hurricane / Pyre would lose its own guidance systems for a short period of time

On 1/31/2019 at 2:10 AM, D0GH0USE said:

I play on PS4 as Buff_Daddio, have been playing since AUG..

-I think the PS should remain the same as the ones we have now..

-The size should stay the same for an epic, if they became legendary, PS would go up, size should go to 4x4x3, provide 50% more ammo than the epic, and increase weight by 50%.

-Fusing options.. only way to get the legendary besides buying on the market (make them sell-able)..., other options could be 25% less weight, 25% more ammo, compact size: 4x2x2, 10%bonus stats to current based on ammo type.

https://cleanmaster.me/ https://www.oovoo.com/adam4adam/ https://mathway.vip/

-crafting would differ.. EMP requiring radios, radar and other electronic parts... incidiary requiring wasps or other missile weapons, and accelerated requiring boosters and other movement parts associated with speed.

- could add Concussive ammo, decreasing dmg by 20% but add a ram effect that actually moves the target vehicle like a booster would along the projectiles target path, based on target weight, the lighter it is, the easier and further it is moved.. this would be beneficial to light frame builds and wedge / harvester builds that are light and fast, but also sneak up and attack from invisible..

got my thinking cap on now! :)

I'm sure there are more questions but this seems like a good place to start.

Edited by seraniz

On 2/3/2019 at 5:30 PM, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

It would be a cash grab and everyone would just use whichever one does more damage after testing.

they will only put time into adding anything that increases or maintains income.. keeps interest... being an avid cannon user, I could see perks in any of the suggested ammo.. especially if I wanted to go to Mammoths...

Ive said it before, an easy to do, huge balance shake to this game could happen by adding an ammo pack that changes the projectile on every weapon. Perhaps, even toggleable while playing if someone brings say 2 current ammo packs and 2 alternate ammo packs.

Ie, they could have 25 regular cannon shells and 12 incendiary with typhoons

Same set up pack on mammoths could result in 25 mammoth shells, 12 concussion shells, that have 15% less damage but make a terrible noise when striking and reduces vehicle speed /power by 33% for 3 seconds.

Reapers could be 900 regular , 450 tracer rounds that heat parts like aurora at less base damage.

Point is, every weapon in the game that uses ammo could have an alternate firing mode through a single ammo pack,  it could be a huge, interesting  update, and from the pkayer point of view it all happens through 1 part.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1