BjKalderon

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.20. New sky

1 hour ago, BjKalderon said:

Hovers

• Hover power directly depends on the power of the cabin and engine.
  • “Icarus VII”: each installed hover reduces the power of the armoured vehicle by 5%.
  • “Icarus IV”: each installed hover reduces the power of the armoured vehicle by 8%.
  • The tonnage of both hovers has been increased from 500 to 850 kg.
  • The maximum possible speed of both hovers is reduced by 12%.
  • The PS of both hovers is increased from 225 to 360.
  • Now the power drain of an armoured vehicle with 3 (or fewer) hovers will, by default, correspond to the power drain of the same armoured vehicle with 4 hovers.

following a massive wave of negative feedback on the previous test, you kept this "balance change" almost identical...

max speed of hovers was already low, now even the slowest builds with tracks are faster

BjKalderon (Posted )

The following changes are not final in regards to hovers. We will keep monitoring their perfomance within various PS levels and, if necessary, additional changes will be applied ASAP.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Well this is definitely a step on the right direction although I don't think the graphic changes are needed; I think they affect the players with older PC. One question: Will the maps Two Turets and Refinery be available again?
Keep up the work devs!
Love from Nameless Tower!  

BjKalderon (Posted )

Thank you! Regarding your question - these maps are a part of the rotation for a various game modes. Which modes do you want to know about?

And here I thought 17 euros for harvester skin is expensive on PTS, turns out it's even more expensive now... Good luck selling them....

other than that, can't wait to see hover boats back in random just like end of 2017, will be awesome.....

BjKalderon (Posted )

The price of CK depends on their rarity and there are not necessary for purchase, of course. As for your concern regarding the hovers - we believe that the following changes should improve the gameplay. But again, there are tweaks planned for them, and we will share additional information in the future patchnotes.
  • Upvote 1

Thx a lot for expanding uranium top in cw!

New lighting seems much more emotional.

12 energy favorite seems too good for hammerfalls ambushers.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Regarding the "Favourite" cabin - before the update, according to the statistics, the performance of this cabin did not meet our expectations in its effectivity. We believe that the following changes should fix that.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

OK, let's be serious

1. If I install less than 4 hovers, it will be counted as 4 what kind of hover? IV or VII? There is a not ignorable difference here.

2. Can we obtain new spare tires by fusion white decors?

3. Hover OP please Nerf.

BjKalderon (Posted )

1. In this case, the power consumption will be a sum of all the hovers installed (e.g. from 2 Icarus IV and 1 Icarus VII); 2. Not at the moment, but this suggestion is currently being discussed.

Ok, let's welcome the even improved melee meta as slower hovers are unable to run away from them at all.

Edit: Oh yea and in the best of 3 CW style Bridge map will be pain... Since draw is never a loss for anyone, there is no benefit from doing anything risky and Bridge can easily be 5 draws in a row.. Will be fun playing 5 minutes times 10 battles just to get over single CW round.

Edited by Phantasm0

BjKalderon (Posted )

The Best of Three format has been applied as an experimental feature. We will see if it prooves popular among the players and we'll keep applying the necessary adjustments in the future updates.
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

BjKalderon
I just want to see it in more raids; because I don't see them too often. Which game modes are using them right now?

BjKalderon (Posted )

These maps are mostly a part of the Raid rotation. Do you mean that you haven't played on this locations for a long time? Because it is possible that it has something to do with the rotation parameters and your info might be helpful in case there is a problem!

BjKalderon (Posted just now)

The price of CK depends on their rarity and there are not necessary for purchase, of course. As for your concern regarding the hovers - we believe that the following changes should improve the gameplay. But again, there are tweaks planned for them, and we will share additional information in the future patchnotes.

Ok, and what about actually buffing the things that are weak? Are there any plans on that?

For example in pre-patch notes I made a comment that We have in epic rarity: 2 different hovers, 1 type of legs, 1 type of tires and 4 types of tracks. Yet nobody uses any tracks in clan wars, at least nobody who wants to get uranium doesn't ( maybe few Golliath tracks in front of sideways legs for tryhard front armor ). Is it players who chose to use something else, or tracks really are useless yet the most types at endgame? 

When are You planning to finally buff weaker items instead of touching items that people are complaining about? You honestly believe hover complains will now go away? No, because players with skill will continue to own the battlefield...

Edited by KaSH_

BjKalderon (Posted )

Each detail's stats are directly connected with the in-game balance (especially, the movement modules). For example, in this update the overall dynamic of the heavy builds has been increased and it concerns the builds on the tracks as well.
  • Confused 1

Thank you for further nerfing hovers, big step in the right direction! Time will tell if the nerf was enough, somehow I doubt it.

BjKalderon (Posted )

vryce, in case it doesn't proove to be enough, the following adustments will be implemented ASAP.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

my feedback on this patch.

lightning = good
this brought some nice looking skies and shaddow

favorite 12 energy = bad
this is acancer to the game, but all wedge shotgunners will be happy about this.
2x hammerfall, bigfoot wheels, favorite cab, 3x radiators, 1x chamelion, 1x cheta, and 1 etra radiator or a cooler, or even a radar.
this results to the shotgunners to shoot 24/7 none stop.

increse or uranium reward = good/bad
well this is a two edged sword.
it allows players to actulay get the scorions, firebug, porks easier, but at a cost.
I feel the game gonna be flooded with relics in a short time.
I am starting to see atleast 2-3 players with rellics in every battle I do now, half a year ago, I could maby see 1, maby 2.

cerberus needed the buff

icebox could have used some extra damamge boost, as is, its not much of a favorite tsunami build, that meta is the spider cabs and leggs

the new crafing menu could have stayed the same with the tabs in top

BjKalderon (Posted )

Thank you for shaing your impressions. We believe that the changes to the uranium shouldn't lead to the situation you described. The following changes will effect the ore's availability, of course, but they won't have a direct influence on the in-game economy.
  • Confused 1

Today i couldn't enter battle with the build i used last week... I was told my steelmohawks kept clipping with other parts... Did you guys change the decor parts we had before adding new ones that can only be bought in the market for crazy nonsense prizes?? it said nothing in the patch notes or bugfixes... 

BjKalderon (Posted )

Mad_Lancer, the only changes to steelmohawks was adding additional welding points. I can recommend you to change their placement on your vehicle - it should solve the problem.

35 minutes ago, Sasherz said:

I feel the game gonna be flooded with relics in a short time.
I am starting to see atleast 2-3 players with rellics in every battle I do now, half a year ago, I could maby see 1, maby 2.

Well that was fast and even this week CW isn't over :DD

Improved interface for viewing factions. The change has been added for future improvements to the parts production interface. 

This is atrocious, the new screen only slows down things, def not an improvement.

Also there was no point to remove tabs. Very bad decision.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

BjKalderon
Yes this is what I mean. I don't even remember when I saw them last time maybe I am playing in the wrong time but this should not affect the maps I think. Also I d like to mention that there are days when we get the same raid for like 3 times in a row (the maps might change). Ex: Getting frontier defence 3 times in a row maybe with different map but the raid and the difficulty it is the same.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Thank you for sharing this - it will be investigated.
  • Upvote 1

BjKalderon (Posted 42 minutes ago)

Each detail's stats are directly connected with the in-game balance (especially, the movement modules). For example, in this update the overall dynamic of the heavy builds has been increased and it concerns the builds on the tracks as well.

I honestly hope You're right, but just moving forward faster will not make the tracks better, You should know that. You like to always say You're collecting data, if that's true, then I really would like to see how good performs a high powerscore tracked build compared to any other movement part in the game.

In any case, I think after just around 2000 hours in this game, that instead of so called adjustments of strong items, someone should finally start working on items that are performing bad. For example Retcher hitbox has been a problem since early OBT days, maybe even before that, nobody can miss a retcher from across the map if the weapon can shoot that far that is. There are far too many parts in this game that are simply too bad to use and are used either by people that are bad players, either people who don't know the game well enough yet.

In the past there have been many nerfs which at first seemed bad, but turned out to be reasonable: As an example Mammoth and Tsunami, both can still deliver hell these days, but then again new items are becoming popular and after Aspect became craftable caused some balance issues, but then instead of touching Aspect, need to look why those problems are caused and maybe some weapons now need more durability or faster reload time or damage increase. 

Harvesters and meelee crafts in general are a problem, but maybe it's not the weapon itself, I believe it's more about cloak than a weapon. Imagine if You could see with your eyes enemy meelee just the way we see our own cloaked vehicle, that would allow to counter meelee much easier than now and there would be less chance of instadying from such builds... Idk, I don't balance the game, but as a player I can tell what is OP and what is underperforming. When it comes to weapons, it's not always the weapon itself that's so strong, often enough it's so strong, because certain models and combinations make it strong...

I can't really comment is the new hover change good or bad yet, need to test it myself first, but I am almost sure sealclubbing is not fixed and if it's not, any free time i will have I will use hover around 6k PS just to drive the point home that increase of just 135PS was not and will not be enough, ofc make a video on it as well....

Edited by KaSH_

BjKalderon (Posted )

You are right - in order to make definite conclusions after the update, such changes (that have a direct influence on gameplay in different PS tiers) require some time. Your's and other players' constructiove feedback will be highly appreciated, of course.

Unfortunately, I feel like the new smoke effects on exhaust pipes, and the new fire effect on the ground look worse than it did before.

Edited by Crunk_Prime
  • Upvote 1

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw No access to game trying to login to steam i am constantly being prompted by popup saying "Error Invalid Token"
What you expected to see my garage a game that i have logged 697 hours into.
Conditions in which error reproduce trying to sign in with steam ID
Problem details this has never happened until this update
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug first 3:19 still happening at 4:46am now

2019-01-31.png

BjKalderon (Posted )

Xialter, thank you for reporting this - the issue should be already fixed with a small update. Try restarting the game launcher.

After patch, error happens too frequently.

And i really don't like hover patch and Favourite cabin patch. The former is too big nerf, and latter is too big buff.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

BjKalderon (Posted )

Could you please elaborate on the problem that you've encountered?
  • Confused 1

the update is nice overall :good:

since there's single spare now , any chance "single wheels" return to the game ? well I know it may be won't effective as twin-wheels but at least there's more variety xd

Qc3W62y.png.22f18ac75371d670cd0de077012b

BjKalderon (Posted )

Thank you! As for your suggestion - not planned in the nearest future, but this idea has been suggested a number of times before and it's possible, that it will be discussed within the team;)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Maybe lights decors could actually give light in dark maps

BjKalderon (Posted )

bleedisTheKing, actually, that's one of the features we plan to implement in the later updates, along with various improvements to the lighting system.
  • Upvote 4