BjKalderon

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.20. New sky

I think there is some Great stuff. A few things that stuck out to me....

Lots of nice bug squashing going on over there.

"Raids: Now, when joining a raid after the countdown has ended or after returning to battle, the player’s armoured vehicle is invulnerable for 3 seconds." -- Brilliant and should have been like this from the start! Thank you!

Lighting changes I am not fully settled on, but seem good. And more granular settings in the video options are always welcome.

Clan Wars changes may be awesome, but not sure yet. There is some potential tedium there, as some have noted. But more rewards are always good!

Thank you for fixing Misty and Perseus. (On a side note, someone said Bulldog does not affect the Junk shotguns. Is this true? I assumed the perks worked with them as they are still considered to be a type of shotgun.)

And I know this crap is petty, but for me... This is some Awful stuff....

Hans. I already said how I feel about it in preview notes. But now that you have done it I wish I would never have leveled him at all. Not that the perks are so bad, but you took away the 2 perks I even bothered leveling him for. I get more gusto for my uses from almost any of the other co-drivers now. I will never be happy with it; it is a kick in the family jewels. IMHO, you would have earned so much more love from the community by leaving Hans alone and fixing Stone Deaf's Trucker perk to something more fitting of a cannon god.

This is not something you can wipe away with smarmy rebuttal. I will personally take this beef to my grave. If you are gonna take/convert perks that people earned, then you should reimburse those users for it in some capacity and not assume you have given them value.

Alternately, you made these resource sinks up in the first place? What was the vision? Was this really just another money sink or something to help the player? Think about that. And don't ever take/replace perks without giving the player some recourse. Like, what the hell happens if you start changing level 15 perks? You give me some garbage perk I would never have paid 2000 electronics for and I just take it? Please discuss

Fix the factions screen. This is awful. Tabs were proven in tests years ago to be a much better interface option for this kind of stuff. Why do you feel this is any kind of innovation? You went from one page with all of the factions easily accessible from one another to a single page for each faction, which you have to navigate back out of to get to a different faction. Why???

And why put so much effort in to irritating paradigm shifts in user interface? It makes zero sense to me!!! What ever crap this is supposed to segway in to for future development I can confidently say you need to rethink and go back to the drawing board. And how many more times do I have to deal with these kind of interface changes? What is the roadmap? Is there a date to completion?

Speaking of a date... What is the roadmap for becoming a complete game? How many years? When will the beta clause be gone so we can expect not to be toyed with anymore?

I love this game, I really do. So I just want to understand if this game will just keep changing for the people that hate it? Because sometimes you guys do little things in the name of "improvement" and don't realize those little things can be the easiest way to turn off your loyal base.

Sorry, but these little things have me incensed. I just feel like the vision is not there when I see this stuff. Like TV shows where they make up the next part of the plot as they go, instead of just making a complete story arc and using that. It is amateurish and frustrating. Show us your brilliance - not your mediocrity!

In the end...

Thank you for all you do and for making great efforts to improve the game, whether it is for your own personal fetish of trolling the loyal players, or for the players themselves; I am still thankful to come home after a hard day and wreck builds with you all.

• Upvote 2

The lightning changes look great...but that buff to Favorite...

What were you guys thinking? This game is already swarmed with sparkvesters and shottywedges and now from what I've seen today, the vast majority of them are using Favorite cab  for free heat resets to their sparks and shotties with no real cost.  For heat based weps, you've just made all other cabins obsolete.  Dracos, shotties, sparks, goblins, mgs, etc...nearly all of them having been running Favorite.

What have you  done?

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Regarding the clan wars change, I think it's a bad idea, here is why :

I'm more in a casual clan, we are good players but we don't always play the meta and we don't always show up every time clan wars are up.. so we end the ranking's week in between 300 and 100 total which is decent. The vast majority of players doing clan wars are just like people in my clan, they won't ever taste that sweet uranium, you do it for fun and because it pays a lot!!! Which is fine, cause even a loss (unless you did nothing) give more reward than a win in regular pvp. And there is also the badge thing.

With this change, it helps the best clans a lot, cause if you were one of those always in the rank 50 - 60 but never able to quite crack the top 30, now you get a HUGE increase of reward with that uranium. But for all other clans (majority), it's just not worth anymore in the way that, regular PvP gonna give you more. If you have done all the pvp badges, then sure doing the weekly clan wars task is worth but beyond that, I think its better to do regular PvP or brawls.

I think they should give reward at the end of every match, even if its a best of 3, give something or just double the reward at the end of the series to make up for it. Otherwise, the incitement and will to do clan wars gonna drop.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, ARES_IV said:

I applaud the increase of uranium supply. I still would like at least a minor way for solo players to get uranium thougn.

This :good:!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sam93931 said:

Regarding the clan wars change, I think it's a bad idea, here is why :

I'm more in a casual clan, we are good players but we don't always play the meta and we don't always show up every time clan wars are up.. so we end the ranking's week in between 300 and 100 total which is decent. The vast majority of players doing clan wars are just like people in my clan, they won't ever taste that sweet uranium, you do it for fun and because it pays a lot!!! Which is fine, cause even a loss (unless you did nothing) give more reward than a win in regular pvp. And there is also the badge thing. 

With this change, it helps the best clans a lot, cause if you were one of those always in the rank 50 - 60 but never able to quite crack the top 30, now you get a HUGE increase of reward with that uranium. But for all other clans (majority), it's just not worth anymore in the way that, regular PvP gonna give you more. If you have done all the pvp badges, then sure doing the weekly clan wars task is worth but beyond that, I think its better to do regular PvP or brawls. 

I think they should give reward at the end of every match, even if its a best of 3, give something or just double the reward at the end of the series to make up for it. Otherwise, the incitement and will to do clan wars gonna drop.

Honestly, for clans like yours, you may have some better hope though, as it's not really complicated to jump from 100th to 60th on the last hours of clan battles either. Most people around 100-60th just stop trying in the final hours of clan wars before it's locked out as they know they could not push to top 30 before. Currently looking at the leaderboard... is about a 100pts difference from 100th to 60th, which will also change next week since it will be based entirely off the best 2/3 battles system, unlike this week where it was only introduced today. Maybe even smaller leads between those ranks.

• Upvote 1

this new cw is stupid AF, allmsot whent 6 rounds, draw, draw, draw, draw. no fkn end to this.

and for what, 30 scrap?

needs to be the old type of CW, 1 game, 1 win.

and the introduction is even worse, have the fun was not knowing what you brought to CW, but now people know

waste of time, game taking a dive if the devs keeps listening to braindead players giving stupid sugestions like this.

but I fear the devs made theyr choice about this nonesence of Clanwar update.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

6 hours ago, BumSimulator said:

Moderators removed so many posts. With every page refresh there were fewer and fewer.

So from 17 to 4 pages? Wow, is this for real?

After further investigation of new CW battles i think it is a terrible experience now, to add to my previous post:

• that "best of" mode makes so that everyone is afraid of doing anything
  • most teams just camp as long as the game timer has time left, only attacking at the end, u just sit there wasting time, 4 battles literally took our team almost an HOUR!!!
  • battles can now take AGES, 10, 15 minutes, but we still get scrap rewards as it was ONE BATTLE before changes, this is unacceptable
  • gg with that weekly win 10 CW battles

Summing up, cuz of all of those above the new CW gameplay is terrible, it just makes you not even try to play it or like it, there is just no more fun to it or even rewards, most of time u sit there camping, doing nothing, afraid of everything, boring as hell...maybe on paper it was good to make squad training into CW but in reality it has a lot issues

Edited by szefopl
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Steel_Artist said:

What were you guys thinking? This game is already swarmed with sparkvesters and shottywedges and now from what I've seen today, the vast majority of them are using Favorite cab  for free heat resets to their sparks and shotties with no real cost.  For heat based weps, you've just made all other cabins obsolete.  Dracos, shotties, sparks, goblins, mgs, etc...nearly all of them having been running Favorite.

What have you  done?

download.jpg.ac68136d1904ff83e8a604026c5

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, szefopl said:

So from 17 to 4 pages? Wow, is this for real?

After further investigation of new CW battles i think it is a terrible experience now, to add to my previous post:

• that "best of" mode makes so that everyone is afraid of doing anything
  • most teams just camp as long as the game timer has time left, only attacking at the end, u just sit there wasting time
  • battles can now take AGES, 10, 15 minutes, but we still get scrap rewards as it was ONE BATTLE before changes, this is unacceptable
  • gg with that weekly win 10 CW battles

Summing up, cuz of all of those above the new CW gameplay is terrible, it just makes you not even try to play it or like it, there is just no more fun to it or even rewards, most of time u sit there camping, doing nothing, afraid of everything, boring as hell...maybe on paper it was good to make squad training into CW but in reality it has a lot issues

download.jpg.ac68136d1904ff83e8a604026c5

• Confused 1

BjKalderon 

Just wanted to give some feedback on the hover update since I'm a ~100% hover user:

I kinda thought the 0.10.20 hover tweak was going to be a disastrous Robocraft-esque nerf to satisfy hover haters, but I'm happy to say the tweaks made to them are A-OK and help balance their stats out with non-hovers. Pre-0.10.20 hovers were too agile, giving them a negligible advantage based on player skill (especially when equipped with Epic/Legendary weapons)

The lower acceleration/top speed being compensated with extra tonnage, I think will make it fairer for everyone.

TLDR: Hovers after update = less "cancerous" 

Edit: Could've sworn there was an HP boost, but anyhow, I suppose the trade off is the ability to carry more armor while doing similar accel/top speed. 

Edited by Gunspred
Update to stats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Steel_Artist said:

What have you  done?

Favorite was clearly slightly overbuffed (it should have stayed at 1800 PS), but i dont fully agree here. Shotguns are still an even choice between Favorite and Torero, for example. The accuracy from Torero is just as useful in another way as the heat reset in a lot of situations. With Imps and Fidgets, the Torero cabin ist still plain better than the Favorite, even after the buff. Definitely too strong, but not true for all heat based weapons. With Aspects, the Torero is also still way better. Its more like that buff brought the Favorite up to Torero and Steppe Spider levels in terms of usefulness. Which means, slightly but not totally OP.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All of you complaining about the lighting: lower your settings. I'm now getting 45fps where as I used to get under 30, and gameplay is much crisper now. I run an AMD APU with built-in graphics (7660 HD), so I'm on a lower end pc, and I'm not having problems. Just lower all your graphics to low, set texture detail to Medium, and enjoy. 

10 minutes ago, VooDoo_G5 said:

All of you complaining about the lighting: lower your settings. I'm now getting 45fps where as I used to get under 30, and gameplay is much crisper now. I run an AMD APU with built-in graphics (7660 HD), so I'm on a lower end pc, and I'm not having problems. Just lower all your graphics to low, set texture detail to Medium, and enjoy. 

i have all on low mid 50 fps ...i play 2.3.4 battles in row then crash ...something strange is going on with new sky patch...it was all ok till this new patch..i think i am not only 1

• Sad 1

Guest WeppA

*Steel Championship,

do i need to buy the harpoon or do i get one to this event ?

BjKalderon (Posted )

No, it's availalbe for all the players! You can access it from the global map.

Guest isaaacparker

I don't like the changes for Hans because they make buffs for sidekicks non-existent basically.  I get that the new Hans makes sense for them thematically, but it leaves wheeled drones without any decent copilot. I would be fine with Hans staying the new way but would prefer if the "drone" buffs under the nomads guy extended to "wheeled drones" as well.  

Mostly annoyed cause I literally just made a sidekick build to screw around with....

16 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Hovers

• Hover power directly depends on the power of the cabin and engine.
  • “Icarus VII”: each installed hover reduces the power of the armoured vehicle by 5%.
  • “Icarus IV”: each installed hover reduces the power of the armoured vehicle by 8%.
  • The tonnage of both hovers has been increased from 500 to 850 kg.
  • The maximum possible speed of both hovers is reduced by 12%.
  • The PS of both hovers is increased from 225 to 360.
  • Now the power drain of an armoured vehicle with 3 (or fewer) hovers will, by default, correspond to the power drain of the same armoured vehicle with 4 hovers.

Agree with most of these changes BJKalderon, but i do think the speed reduction should only be 6 % instead of 12.

Hovers should still be fast, but all the other changes are perfect (tonnage increase, powerscore increase etc).

Keep up the good work! :)

Now we just need a new Co-pilot for those who focus on sidekicks/drones!

Edited by KAZASHI
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WeppA said:

*Steel Championship,

do i need to buy the harpoon or do i get one to this event ?

It will be a same build from the event for all players. Or it should be....:002j:

New clan war format is terrible. Takes 2 or 3 times as long to do games now. Fragments will do 2 to 3 times as rare as before. Uranium increase was a nice thought, but now fragment prices will be insanely expensive, which will in turn keep relic prices close to where they were at before.  It's already to the point where the only thing I do is clan wars, and you just doubled/tripled the grind there. Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

One would have assumed they had tested it out themselves but apparently those russian developers are as dumb as F. I used to like playing this game including the occasional clan wars  with their illusive Uranium trophy but nowadays, it is my main cause of annoyance to see this game go down deeper and faster every week with their constant revamping.

Once again, reminder to myself, stay away from anything russian.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Well done, hovers are finally 'balanced' (absent from the game). Now the only place to use those is racing. But even in here they aren't able to turn or strafe without powerfull and thus heavy cabin. In simple words, if you leave the ground your vehicle spins and swivels like piece of ***. Instead of doing all this you could've just removed hovers. But those were a good seller, so you drastically wait until people sell them voluntarily or leave the game for good. Anyway you'll get more new fools that buy new packs, not knowing they are gonna be screwed few months later. 

New lights - good, finally you managed to fix the lightning and now you can make even a smaller version of Sector Sux night map. The smaller the better. And pls make it bumpy as hell, like all other maps. So wheels jump and lose control and tracks flip. Let us all be spiders. 

Instead of fixing wedges and tracks flipping over everything - you nerf hovers again. And again. And again. And again. And again. What the xxxx is wrong with you, developers? Why you keep on being the total disgrace for russians among all crossout players? Instead of slow development and playerbase growth you always pick 'sell new pack, fix the meta' approach. And then you wonder why nobody wanna play this ***. Because not everyone is as stupid as you expect. 

Hovers were the only remaining detail of fast and furious crossout. Now all we have left is stupid 3 base capture and legs, tracks and wheels with wedges, garpoons and kapkans. Everyone is sitting somewhere, nobody is fighting. In a post-apocalyptic arcade game. You should change 'craft, ride, destroy' into 'grind, sit, win'...

Edited by flamiohotman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 1