[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.20. New sky

Ka1deron

ya know what? you morons got your nerf but now I"m seeing a painful more annoying pattern coming back... Dronewars are starting to make a resurgence I was the token none drone user in matches today.

course playing below 5k where they can be a bigger problem... jesus rather fight someone that has to aim and move fast on hovers then folks spamming drones...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The CKs are like 4x overpriced. Is anyone even buying them?

What did you do to the Huntsman horn? It sounds terrible now!

• Thanks 3

I don't have a lot to say so far about this latest update.

The cabin changes are nice.

Not sure how I feel about hover changes yet, but I am disappointed they lost speed. I would rather have seen all mobility parts and all cabins gain the ability to make all the other mobility parts move faster than to see hovers lose speed. I don't like things becoming slower. Slower is boring.

So far I don't have any real opinion on the lighting changes. Aside from fire looking completely terrible at my current settings, I don't have any real opinions about it. I thought it looked just fine before. I would rather have seen added weather conditions like rain, snow and sandstorms than radically different lighting. If the new lighting allows for such things and such things actually get implemented, great. If not, why is it worthwhile to spend so much time and expend so much effort to completely change the lighting ?

The new faction tab is really terrible. I can see why it was done. You want to add even more compelling visual information for progress through the game. The goal presumably being to increase player's focus on progress and thus increase the amount of time they spend playing. Fair enough, just about everybody uses tactics to facilitate such goals. That being said, I really want the old faction menu back. I don't like this new menu at all. Too many of the changes in this game have made the act of playing the game and navigating the UI more cumbersome than they were before. Sure, they look a lot more visually impressive and appealing, but they sacrifice significant ease of use to achieve that. That's just bad design in my opinion. Good design should be capable of achieving both goals; making things look more visually appealing and making them easier to actually use.

Other than that, all I can really say is that I continue to be disappointed we still have not gotten any new pvp maps , new factions, new weapons and modules, new structure parts etc. At the very least some new maps would be very welcome.

The customization kits being added to the shop is a welcome change. They are entirely too expensive though. 5 weapon skins are not worth that kind of price tag. Not to mention that all the currently available skins are half-baked nonsensical asian themed skins from a promotion on some asian server that doesn't even exist anymore. That's what I think they are anyways. Along with that exclusive portrait that was made available only to the asian server.

You are willing to spend time working on UI changes that literally nobody wants, but you are not willing to take some time to make new CK skins ? That's as disappointing as the fact that you still haven't made any new pvp maps for us.

I don't mind spending money on your game as long as you give me a truly compelling reason to do so.

Edited by RaifSevrence
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RaifSevrence said:

Other than that, all I can really say is that I continue to be disappointed we still have not gotten any new pvp maps , new factions, new weapons and modules, new structure parts etc. At the very least some new maps would be very welcome.

That's as disappointing as the fact that you still haven't made any new pvp maps for us.

They made a very big map for us, the Open World map, this map size is equivalent a what? 8-16 maps? You should thank them for it. Well i'm not a Open World player but i can understand why they don't make any new PvP map recently. Complain about this at this point is stupidness, because of people like you i can understand why Developers don't take more seriously community opinions and i can't blame them.

We complaining  and showing how to do right, showing examples, or even showing other games. What the base of your comment? Can you sustain your complaint with facts? You are just complaining. If you can't sustain your thesis with evidences, just do by yourself, make a game better than crossout in this aspect that you are complaining, we can complain about the third place guy, the second place guy, but never the first place guy, only if we win him by ourselves.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

On 2/1/2019 at 8:23 AM, forc3dinduction said:

the new lighting is very nice. but i still havent found an answer to the simple question: WHAT TIME ARE YOU USING TO DETERMINE THE DAYLIGHT? LOCAL TIME? SERVER TIME? RANDOM?

still no answer to this little question.

i think i'll have it tested out with a few friends before there is an official reply...

8 hours ago, PSchnyder said:

ya know what? you morons got your nerf but now I"m seeing a painful more annoying pattern coming back... Dronewars are starting to make a resurgence I was the token none drone user in matches today.

course playing below 5k where they can be a bigger problem... jesus rather fight someone that has to aim and move fast on hovers then folks spamming drones...

@BjKalderon

Not really normal someone talks like that to other community members .. even if he wants to point out he's a hover hater ..

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2019 at 1:49 PM, szefopl said:

Surprisingly low players feedback on forums about so much important update.

When people are satisfied with things, they don't care much for express this. Also this happens in the political questions. It's seems some kind of physiological effect, then, the Hover crybabies angry go to the forum for complaining. I try to be different, i'm here to point the bad things, of course, and the good things too. So, the low players feedbacks is a good sign, it show us that is the right direction. I hope the developers will understand this.

Edited by aldermatias
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Since the update, it is impossible to do more than 3 runs in a row when we are lucky. The game spat systhemically, thus impossible to make clan wars. This is frankly tiring, this update only causes problems, think a little to those who have computers with limited capabilities. IT would be time to do something quickly, because no patch or proposal has solved the problem. Several members have to pay pack and they are no longer able to play, make beautiful map is useless if we can not take full advantage. The only way that this game lives long is that it remains accessible to all. So please do something and quickly. thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/31/2019 at 6:04 PM, Steel_Artist said:

The lightning changes look great...but that buff to Favorite...

What were you guys thinking? This game is already swarmed with sparkvesters and shottywedges and now from what I've seen today, the vast majority of them are using Favorite cab  for free heat resets to their sparks and shotties with no real cost.  For heat based weps, you've just made all other cabins obsolete.  Dracos, shotties, sparks, goblins, mgs, etc...nearly all of them having been running Favorite.

What have you  done?

That's the natural selection in action, the survival of the fittest, survival of the form that will leave the most copies of itself in successive generations, in this case the Cabin.

18 hours ago, Psiholozeus said:

I'm not saying the hover nerf is a dumb idea.. but how you are supposed to escape from a harvester build, or a shotgun now?

Hummm....they will have to get close first. How about shoot them before they get too close? Or, have a fast build that can out run others.

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw Depuis la mise à jour, il est impossible de faire plus de 3 courses consécutives lorsque nous avons de la chance. Le jeu crachait systématiquement, donc impossible de faire des guerres de clans. C’est franchement fatiguant, cette mise à jour ne cause que des problèmes, pensons un peu à ceux qui ont des ordinateurs aux capacités limitées. Il serait temps de faire quelque chose rapidement, car aucun correctif ni aucune proposition n'a résolu le problème. Plusieurs membres doivent payer le pack et ils ne sont plus en mesure de jouer, faire une belle carte est inutile si nous ne pouvons pas en profiter pleinement. La seule façon pour ce jeu de vivre longtemps est qu'il reste accessible à tous. Alors s'il vous plaît faites quelque chose et rapidement. Je vous remercie

What you expected to see pouvoir jouer au jeu
Conditions in which error reproduce tout le temps, en pleine partit ,au démarrage
Problem details le jeu crache systématiquement
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

bring back support for older v-cards and slower proc's. i get tired of haveing the game crashing if the video settings are on the lowest possible, yet it will run if grass density is fair, but then it lags so much might as well not even bother. b 4 u ask, every driver is up to date.

chat.log

combat.log

game.log

net.log

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, forc3dinduction said:

still no answer to this little question.

i think i'll have it tested out with a few friends before there is an official reply...

Currentlly it seems to be only connected to specific maps (the nameless tower and the train map). I think once it's implemented to change on every map it will simply be randomized. Due to all the different timezones people who play Crossout are living in, a actual real world time connection wouldn't work out too well -  but that's just a guess from my side.

1 hour ago, ChopChopChop said:

Hummm....they will have to get close first. How about shoot them before they get too close? Or, have a fast build that can out run others.

A 10 tons wheeled build is faster than a 6 tons hover... so, faster means i should waste my energy on boosters?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, RaifSevrence said:

That's as disappointing as the fact that you still haven't made any new pvp maps for us.

17 hours ago, aldermatias said:

They made a very big map for us, the Open World map, this map size is equivalent a what? 8-16 maps? You should thank them for it. Well i'm not a Open World player but i can understand why they don't make any new PvP map recently. Complain about this at this point is stupidness, because of people like you i can understand why Developers don't take more seriously community opinions and i can't blame them.

We complaining  and showing how to do right, showing examples, or even showing other games. What the base of your comment? Can you sustain your complaint with facts? You are just complaining. If you can't sustain your thesis with evidences, just do by yourself, make a game better than crossout in this aspect that you are complaining, we can complain about the third place guy, the second place guy, but never the first place guy, only if we win him by ourselves.

:008::016::015_2:

I continue to be disappointed we still have not gotten any new pvp maps

new pvp maps

pvp maps

pvp

P

V

P

----->pvp<-----

:017::017::017::017::017::017::dntknw:

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, RaifSevrence said:

:008::016::015_2:

new pvp maps

pvp maps

pvp

P

V

P

----->pvp<-----

:017::017::017::017::017::017::dntknw:

Since the last update and so many f* ups again 

and no reply on problems with ping .... [and and and .-.. you name it]

... i say to my self

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RaifSevrence said:

new pvp maps

pvp maps

pvp

P

V

P

----->pvp<-----

Hysterical.
And a hysterical argument.

What this means? ":008::016::015_2:"

As if that an argument for something.

4 hours ago, aldermatias said:

Hysterical.
And a hysterical argument.

What this means? ":008::016::015_2:"

As if that an argument for something.

People have been asking for pvp maps for a long time. I mentioned pvp maps and you criticized that and mentioned the new pve adventure mode map and said i/we should all be grateful for that.

I don't want that. I never did. Most of us don't want that or even care about that.

We are here to play pvp not pve.

The pve in this game is terrible.

I'd rather they put all the resources back into pvp so those of us that only come here for the pvp can just play pvp and never have to play pve to get resources.

I'm certainly not going to be grateful for the developers adding a bunch of stuff that I have no interest in .

Why would I ?

I want pvp content..new pvp modes, new pvp maps, new factions with new modules and new guns and new cabs and mobility parts and structure parts.

I don't care about raids or adventure mode or UI changes that are universally terrible nor do I care about unnecessary changes to the game engine like pseudo-realistic dynamic lighting.

The game looked fine before they changed the lighting.

The game was easier to interface with before they started making all the UI changes too.

Adding a global map that we are forced to use to access missions and all other content..nobody wanted that. Nobody cared about that.

It made things more complicated and more annoying. It removed information that was available at a glance and made it harder to queue up for any activity.

The factions menu is the same thing. Nobody asked for that ...nobody even likes it. It's dumb.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Psiholozeus said:

A 10 tons wheeled build is faster than a 6 tons hover... so, faster means i should waste my energy on boosters?

Well...time to look into the wheels build and check how easy is to aim with them, isn't it?  That was what the hover players always said.

Don't know about you , but I still see Hovers at 7+ K games. From what I have seen, they are not bad.

14 hours ago, Acrome said:

Due to all the different timezones people who play Crossout are living in, a actual real world time connection wouldn't work out too well -  but that's just a guess from my side.

thats what i'm hoping too. server determines the time of daylight randomly, and all clients get exactly the same lighting and visual conditions.

One little detail about the Cerberus that I think it's worth mentioning, it's buff is great, real fast vehicles are possible again :DDD

But for the damage resistance, it's main problem was not the resistance to melee, but the resistance to explosives, keeping in mind that with it you need to drill enemis sides or rear, otherwise they will shoot you down if you try to drill the front before you do significant damage, and a lot of vehicles have gens, ammo boxes and so stored there, and usually more than one explosive module at once, so the moment you touch one of those, you are done..

Here's the example, more than half the health gone for drilling a single epic ammo box: 

Crossout Screenshot 2019.02.01 - 16.15.24.22.png

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, RaifSevrence said:

People have been asking for pvp maps for a long time. I mentioned pvp maps and you criticized that and mentioned the new pve adventure mode map and said i/we should all be grateful for that.

I don't want that. I never did. Most of us don't want that or even care about that.

We are here to play pvp not pve.

The pve in this game is terrible.

I'd rather they put all the resources back into pvp so those of us that only come here for the pvp can just play pvp and never have to play pve to get resources.

I'm certainly not going to be grateful for the developers adding a bunch of stuff that I have no interest in .

Why would I ?

I want pvp content..new pvp modes, new pvp maps, new factions with new modules and new guns and new cabs and mobility parts and structure parts.

I don't care about raids or adventure mode or UI changes that are universally terrible nor do I care about unnecessary changes to the game engine like pseudo-realistic dynamic lighting.

The game looked fine before they changed the lighting.

The game was easier to interface with before they started making all the UI changes too.

Adding a global map that we are forced to use to access missions and all other content..nobody wanted that. Nobody cared about that.

It made things more complicated and more annoying. It removed information that was available at a glance and made it harder to queue up for any activity.

The factions menu is the same thing. Nobody asked for that ...nobody even likes it. It's dumb.

I agree with all of this, except the lighting part, i think this is a important part of the game and should be improved always as possible. I mean, you played the game at cbt? It seems a different game. I think variety of time of day, weather and geography (the map itself) are the most important factors for diversity.

I'm a PvP player too, i only play PvP since a realized that PvP battles are much more fun than Raids, even with a better rewards, i prefer do PvP.

Be patient :D, many people in this community has been asking for Open World for a long time.

Edited by aldermatias
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Well coming back on my comment earlier, but hovers are way to slow now. even with a high powered cabin and the golden eagle engine, the response is to slow and tracked vehicles are now pasing me by left and right.

Hovers needed some adjustment no problem there but now they are killed now, I know all hover haters are happy now.

Before all hovers haters start crying now and say oow look a only hover player is crying, I like to play all movement options and hovers were hit to hard now. 

My goliath tank is faster and more maneuverable now, that should not be possible, and although driving around in my harvester build or lances is fun sometime killing the hovers, I got more pleasure out of it when hovers where able to dodge u, now they have nothing to defend themselves. They had maneuverability, that is gone now.

Shame, I think I can agree that the hovers only needed a PS nerf, rest was ok.

But knowing the defs, this will take aged before they wil address the hoers again, sadly

5 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

One little detail about the Cerberus that I think it's worth mentioning, it's buff is great, real fast vehicles are possible again :DDD

But for the damage resistance, it's main problem was not the resistance to melee, but the resistance to explosives, keeping in mind that with it you need to drill enemis sides or rear, otherwise they will shoot you down if you try to drill the front before you do significant damage, and a lot of vehicles have gens, ammo boxes and so stored there, and usually more than one explosive module at once, so the moment you touch one of those, you are done..

Here's the example, more than half the health gone for drilling a single epic ammo box: 

Crossout Screenshot 2019.02.01 - 16.15.24.22.png

This, really a problem!!!!

8 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

You can't really put a explosive resistance to a cabin cuz, you know.. cannons :DD

Player-driven workaround currently is not to drill the explosives. If you can kill the craft without detonating any explosives no explosives will be detonated upon enemy death.

• Upvote 3