Ka1deron

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.25

2 hours ago, Canthal said:

Banners arent bad idea. But they are painfully poorly executed.
They can instantly tell something about the player. About his style of play, about his achievements...
Why they are awarded for item rarity classes? We have PS scores to ballance us out. Let them be for all rarities and diverse them only by weapon types.
Why higher rarities are locked, until you complete the lower class banner? Scale them more naturally - one for 10 kills with specific weapon type. Another for 100 etc...
Why start all over, when all the damned statistical data already exist in the player's card? Award us banners and stuff for what we have already done in the game. For prestige levels, for amount of matches played (long time veteran background), 
Award  banners for specific achievements in the game. But for all the sake, do not make them locking each other.
Let players show their colors, do not make them grind for them again and again...

Or not scale them at all and have them all available, so that players can pick what ones to attempt to unlock, versus being forced to play battles with common weapons, so they can actually unlock the banner that falls within their class of weapons they actually use.

Very few can be achieved without white weapons, drones, turrets, autocannons, and a few like that. The raids is also painful as the only time you will see me doing raids is for 100 badges and even then is when I really need badges..

Please let us unlock all Trials at the same time. Experienced people don´t want to grind with white weapons for weeks. If I only play blue or yellow weapons and I only want to earn this Trail and skip the other ones pleaese let me do this...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I've got an idea regarding banners: let them be visible on starting and ending of a match and when we look at the profile, but hide them during battles. There are some modes and playstyles that makes you use the map a lot, but now you can't see what's happening around you

• Upvote 1

The new banner system is a joke, I run a dual harvester build so I went and looked at the melee banners and the very first one is Melee Weapons: Melee not even Melee Weapons: Rookie just Melee and the two task to complete are, get 3 volunteer patches which for each one you have to help 15 people who have overturned back up so that mean's I have to help up 45 people in PvP matches to do that one and what does that even have to do with Melee............nothing so stupid.

The second task is to get 3 Melee Weapon Mastery 1 badges which for each one you have to kill 15 people in matches with common rarity melee weapons so again that's 45 kills for the 3 badges but there are no common rarity melee weapons now there are bumper spikes and blades but in my opinion there not actual weapons and are more structure parts and not to mention I don't want to build a booster melee just to do it.

Now what you should have done is made the lower task able to be completed by veterans with the actual weapons they have mounted not all at once but through each step because this is just stupid.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DonGiesu said:

I've got an idea regarding banners: let them be visible on starting and ending of a match and when we look at the profile, but hide them during battles. There are some modes and playstyles that makes you use the map a lot, but now you can't see what's happening around you

Or just let players to have a option to resize the "tap" map in game. That would be a better interface.:002j:

4 hours ago, Canthal said:

Why they are awarded for item rarity classes?

I was shocked when i saw that the duck  is only obtainable for scorpion users.

@BjKalderon When can we expect the refund of the fragments? Is it gonna happen today or tomorrow?

Edited by LittleBird2

Ka1deron (Posted )

The refund has already started - it may take some time (a couple of days) for the system to redeem all the fragments for all players.

any special reason for why the new rules regarding draws in cw were not part of this patch?

or will this happen at the same time you remove the fragments?

@BjKalderon

On last update and on this one as well (twice on last and once on this one) .. i noticed there have been several patches / downloads the launcher does.

You used to share information on what has been fixed / patched / modified ... is this information no longer public ? Is this information being made public somewhere else ?

Thank you in advance for your time / answer.

Best regards!

Ka1deron (Posted )

After the update there was a small hotfix implemented as well - its description is available on the patchnotes page, just below the "Bug Fixes" section;)

Some of these trials are ---extremely--- time consuming. The first, purple grenade launcher trial requires you to get 40 drone user kills while drone is active. I have 1600 hours playtime in crossout and I only managed to get 125 of these meaning this purple tier trial can take up to 500 hours if done naturally. I really don't know how i would get this fast, it really encourages boosting it with friends.

You also need to interrupt 220 killstreaks which is just utterly rediculous.. i really don't know how any of this passes QA

Edited by Veliaf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

On 2/12/2019 at 5:57 AM, _f0r3v3r_ said:
Error report
Describe problem and what you saw Using common machine gun doesn't count towards machine gun banner requirements
What you expected to see My effort being rewarded
Conditions in which error reproduce I dunno I think I might just quit over this garbage
Problem details Is chord not a "common" machine gun? AM I not allowed to use anything else with the common machine gun?
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

Yeah this is seriously heinous.

@DEVS this is a bad change. Justify it with your copy/paste excuse all you want. This is something you hyped to the playerbase as something cool, and it is a garbage set of requirements to get the banners. And I have played several missions without anything counting so far so it seems broken right now too.

Shame on this update. BAD BAD BAD!

EXACTLY....I am using SIX chords and getting NO CREDIT for the kills at all. I have clicked the "GO" button to being the challenge but I get no credit for the 10 or so kills I have thus far gained.

Devs, seriously when You implement something can You do it right?

Ok I accepted canon challenge, started playing with Avengers at 10k Powerscore, just for fun of it.

Guess what Your damned kills are not counting.... I get that You finally learned the difference between kill and assist, but when I legit get 2 players kills it counts only 1, I got 4 kills counted 2, I got 1 kill counted 0. I discluded bot kills myself, all kills I mentioned was players and I did not include Assists....

From what I could see, twice at least my killing shot was aimed at generator, but it should not matter if I killed a player by exploding his generator I should still get a kill counted towards patch, since that kill shot was done with that specific weapon.

Like how difficult it is to summ them up correctly? 

I am not even going to start talking how stupid and impossible most tasks are... Once again someone who has no knowledge of the game has made these missions....

Edited by KaSH_
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I think the requirements to get these banners and stickers for customization should be easier and less grinding, I doubt even new players would wanna grind hours/days just to get one banner or sticker let alone the players who've been doing the grind game for years! If you aren't gonna credit players for past accomplishments via already earned patches and force them into using white weapons then make it easier for both new players and faster to progress for the more experienced player base to move up the trial ladder! Instead, 60 kills with white mgs and destroy 70 white parts why not have the requirement be "destroy 20 enemies & destroy 30 white structural parts" As most new players or lower ps players don't use much armor either cause they're new and are limited or want to keep their ps low. Also, how about for the market trials it states to buy or sell a certain amount of rarity weapons/items, cause a lot of people including myself sell a lot more than buy, after all, you need to make the coin to buy stuff and unless you changed it new players start out with 0 coins. At least I did!!! Making new players worry about grinding cause they want a certain banner/sticker will take the fun out of the game and most likely deter them from being loyal to this game, when I started to play it was fun and most people have little to no thought about grinding for stuff till like lvl 10 engineers and you were set free from the Ace protection of the game. But now it's so grindy and if you think newcomers will spend those $$$$$ on a game that'll grind them to boredom/death think again, they'll just leave and find a game less grindy and take their wallets with them. If the game was this focus on grindy or making you feel like you have to buy packs/coins to progress when I signed up I wouldn't have spent time on it let alone $$$$. Maybe make the trials about 65% less grindy for everyone and fewer people will complain about it!!! Just a thought!!! Don't forget the older player base are worry about getting resources/badges to craft items for crafting higher tier items/to sell said items or use them, I personally think you should of let us keep the old patches and redeem them for the stickers and banners, aka use 10 of these and 5 of these types of patches to redeem for this banner or sticker, kinda turn them into currency for the banners and stickers etc, just a thought!

Edited by OHBoyNope

49 minutes ago, WolfPack56 said:

EXACTLY....I am using SIX chords and getting NO CREDIT for the kills at all. I have clicked the "GO" button to being the challenge but I get no credit for the 10 or so kills I have thus far gained.

When you hover over the requirement, then it will say 6/20 progress as example. Once you have 20/20, then it will say 1 Patch, 0/20 progress to next patch. Place your cursor over the desired patch for pop up to display progress. I earned one basic Machine  Gun Patch and have 6/20 for second.

Again, I would remind those afraid of being Seal Clubbers using Chords with level 15 Perseus and Epic Cooler around 3000 power score, that these Missions can be completed playing Target Practice against bots. This means I do not Seal Club anybody being OP with Chords while trying to get my kills with Common Machine Guns. 

The other required Patches can be completed using any weapon combo and will naturally be obtained just playing Missions. As example I already have flipped enough allies back onto their wheels to earn one Patch and have more then enough Assistant Patches and almost enough De Constructor 1 Patches just playing.

I like make believe goals, anything to focus on, anything to relieve boredom, something to unlock.

Peace

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veliaf said:

Some of these trials are ---extremely--- time consuming. The first, purple grenade launcher trial requires you to get 40 drone user kills while drone is active. I have 1600 hours playtime in crossout and I only managed to get 125 of these meaning this purple tier trial can take up to 500 hours if done naturally. I really don't know how i would get this fast, it really encourages boosting it with friends.

You also need to interrupt 220 killstreaks which is just utterly rediculous.. i really don't know how any of this passes QA

Yeah, I was noticing some of these have more grind than a legendary weapon. It's really silly that I can farm enough in game to craft many legendary weapons before I can farm enough stuff to change my silly banner.

Have to agree with some of the comments made: The banner requirements are a bit crazy. One requires 'by a thread', a quite rare sticker of which I have 152, a challenge that will take a very long time to complete and requires a large amount of luck. Another requires 'from the grave', I already have 92 and its another one that often only happens in rare circumstances. But the ones I have are all archived. I did acquire those ligitimately, did I not? Why dont they count?

Several of them require me to go back to common weapons in order to get the higher reward. Cant you just unlock the higher ones for people who have moved up in PS? Why do I have to go back to 3k PS and play with chords and lupara's? Sorry, but I dont want to play at that low PS.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, KaSH_ said:

Devs, seriously when You implement something can You do it right?

Ok I accepted canon challenge, started playing with Avengers at 10k Powerscore, just for fun of it.

Guess what Your god damned kills are not counting.... I get that You finally learned the difference between kill and assist, but when I legit get 2 players kills it counts only 1, I got 4 kills counted 2, I got 1 kill counted 0. I discluded bot kills myself, all kills I mentioned was players and I did not include Assists....

Like how difficult it is to summ them up correctly? 

I am not even going to start talking how stupid and impossible most tasks are... Once again someone who has no knowledge of the game has made these missions....

I am trying to get kills with Chords. One player I killed self destructed before I could kill them with my Chord, one I accidentally rammed to death and it counted as Melee kill and not Machine Gun kill. Use the Target Practice mode, lower your power score, try to have fun.

Remember, you can choose to use Blank Banner and are not required to use any Banner. Relax my friend.

Peace

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

Again, I would remind those afraid of being Seal Clubbers using Chords with level 15 Perseus and Epic Cooler around 3000 power score, that these Missions can be completed playing Target Practice against bots. This means I do not Seal Club anybody being OP with Chords while trying to get my kills with Common Machine Guns.

While this does work, it feels even more harder to pull off. Some reason players in patrol tend to work as a team and wolfpack more to get their kills, so you really have to work harder to get the kills to make it count, because some logic or a bug is not allowing assists to count for "destroy players" It is only counting kills, which is stupid.

Also, the payout in scrap in patrol is a joke on it's own, so while it does work, you have to play 5 battles to get the same scrap as one PVP against live players and you cannot farm fuel either. So you are missing more opportunities to grind while trying to unlock the next tier of badges, so you can play at a more comfortable PS.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

It's all good and good but ........ !!!!!!!!! You should improve your scams, auto-free shield, car targeting, storm warning in the count and so on !!!  But you don't take these into consideration !!

screenshot-190213-190935.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Yesterday, I was a bit peeved about the banners. Let me get back to that in a second.

Thank you for the replies in thread, I know this update was a lot of work and was supposed to be a nice "valentine" gift to the community. Let me tell you that is appreciated if nothing else for the thought.

Thank you for the bug fixes and additional content! In that sense, I have softened on the banners somewhat; in that I get where you guys were going with trying to give us players something cool we can customize and make a representation of ourselves; kind of like our builds...

I think it is simply the volume of the requirements and the specific nature of the requirements that make the banners so painful. In truth I think most people are more upset because they want the one they want and see an insurmountable effort ahead in order to obtain them. So, soften the blow for us, no?

Some suggestions - let assists count for kills on these patches - I say this primarily to prevent people tripping over each other for kills, and to soften the quantity requirements for some of the banners.

If that is not palatable, then may be count kills with the required weapon included, even if the final point of damage was from another installed weapon.

Thank you for the work that you do. Remember that most of us here only cry because we care.

Happy V.D., Dev team!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Deadsoulinside said:

While this does work, it feels even more harder to pull off. Some reason players in patrol tend to work as a team and wolfpack more to get their kills, so you really have to work harder to get the kills to make it count, because some logic or a bug is not allowing assists to count for "destroy players" It is only counting kills, which is stupid.

Also, the payout in scrap in patrol is a joke on it's own, so while it does work, you have to play 5 battles to get the same scrap as one PVP against live players and you cannot farm fuel either. So you are missing more opportunities to grind while trying to unlock the next tier of badges, so you can play at a more comfortable PS.

Those are very valid points. But, I have 11,000 Fuel and 70,000 Scrap and have all Factions level 15 or better, so those concerns do not bother me. Also, I am not required to earn this Patch, only desire to. Also, Patrol was very enjoyable, almost hilarious, driving around like a fool blasting and ramming bots. Also, I was not a Seal Clubber. Also, the battles are over in under 2 minutes and never go 5 minutes. In ten minutes, I have 5 victories when in regular PVP at higher power score, I might have 2-3 completed and possibly zero victories. All I can say is that is was tons of fun and I thank Chop Chop for reminding me about Patrol.

Peace

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

with the new banner grinding there are more sealclubbers in low PS score, seeing harvesters, mamoth, tsunami, nodhogs that strip players in one shot in low 2K battles.
I cant care less, about the banner system, dont see a point in the banner, I changed it back to no banner, but sealcubbing getting worse since this BS started.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, LordTutor said:

Those are very valid points. But, I have 11,000 Fuel and 70,000 Scrap and have all Factions level 15 or better, so those concerns do not bother me. Also, I am not required to earn this Patch, only desire to. Also, Patrol was very enjoyable, almost hilarious, driving around like a fool blasting and ramming bots. Also, I was not a Seal Clubber. Also, the battles are over in under 2 minutes and never go 5 minutes. In ten minutes, I have 5 victories when in regular PVP at higher power score, I might have 2-3 completed and possibly zero victories. All I can say is that is was tons of fun and I thank Chop Chop for reminding me about Patrol.

Peace

Too many players restrict themselves and get too work up.  This is only a game and we meant to enjoy it.  There are 84 of them banners, many are open, with no time restrictions. Sure not everyone can do them fast, but they are not a must have.  I have already done the first 2 for tradings, I am never going to get the brawl ones. I am quite happy to see players use the blank as well as some have unlock ones.

Ok, they could have done with a little more explaining, but this patch is on a rush to reset the video card for some of players can't play since the last patch.

If there is any big issue, it just change the "tap" map got smaller. Not hard to make it an option. 

The basic game play for common weapons.  Load you starter car, change a few parts and/or weapons. Go to Patrol, it is like duck shooting...how hard is that? Or experienced players are TOO good for basic game play? This can be done in the spare time between the weekly and daily missions.

Just play and enjoy. let the dev to do the worry. 

• Like 1

I`m just really glad a bunch of new good games are coming out because this update has ruined the enjoyment of the game for myself and many other veteran players. We should be rewarded for being with you since the beginning. Not slapped in the face then spit on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, LordTutor said:

I am trying to get kills with Chords. One player I killed self destructed before I could kill them with my Chord, one I accidentally rammed to death and it counted as Melee kill and not Machine Gun kill. Use the Target Practice mode, lower your power score, try to have fun.

Remember, you can choose to use Blank Banner and are not required to use any Banner. Relax my friend.

Peace

Do You honestly think I'm that stupid? All my finishing shots were made with a canon shot I don't care if the shell made enemies generator to blow up, if I killed a player with a canon shot I expect and anyone would that kill would be counted towards the achievement ( pach ), I am currently rendering video with 3 MVP games with those avengers, there I get some kills, but from all those 3 matches by devs logic I only killed 2 players....

Edited by KaSH_
  • Confused 1

I did some further digging into this and wanted to share my findings and thoughts. So here goes:

So we got different patches for all of the different rarity weapons and they begin accumulating immediately even if no Trial is accessible. I haven't unlocked a single piece of MG banners, yet here you can see I've almost earned one MG Mastery Patch 4. I have 0/20 for all of the other MG Mastery Patches. So these patches themselves aren't really gated.

Spoiler

Vr6LjMr.jpg

Also your progress for patches goes beyond what any Trial needs. Notice how I have 8/3 Assistant Patches. Some of the later Trials will probably need more of those Assistant Patches and by the time I get there I'll likely have unlocked this already, which is neat.

Spoiler

mv5SF9U.jpg

So we have diferent patches for different rarity weapons anyway and our progress will go forwards beyond any Trial anyway.

And because of that, gating the higher Trials behind the lower ones is pointless. You might as well say "Complete every other Trial to unlock Pulse Weapons: Legend", it'd make no difference, it'd still be an arbitrary gate in front of this one particular Trial.

Solution: Remove the "complete previous Trial to unlock" -limits.

Reason: If I play the game and unlock the "Machine Guns Hero" by playing with Aspects I will not automatically unlock the previous banners because I'd need to use another weapon to unlock that particular banner. I might "accidentally" unlock some of the trials but I won't unlock the banner because one of the trials specifically asks me to use a weapon in a specific rarity range.

Having the Legendary MG, Shotgun and Cannon banners sitting behind a gate while having an instant access to a Relic weapon Trial proves this gating makes no sense whatsoever. Why can I immediately begin to unlock "Pulse Weapon Legend" while I need to complete a bunch of other Trials before beginning my Trial on "Machine Guns: Hero"? It nonsensical.

Then again, it's just banners so who cares? All I can is I myself am in that stage of game where I will have to go out of my way to even begin unlocking some of the mission based banners. I'm not going to go out of my way to kill 60 enemies with Avengers, Chords AND Luparas so I will simply not unlock ony of these banners or the ones gated behind these banners. It is simply not worth my time. :dntknw:

• Upvote 4