Sign in to follow this  
Psiholozeus

Do something with the raids

In the current state, raids in crossout are the most tedious thing i have ever seen. You torture your mind and hand just to get 3.5 electronics and a headache. In any case, raids need tweaking. Bot scaling should be tuned down a bit (a simple car with a machine gun got more health than most tank builds...come on) and they should have higher chance to drop ammo when killed.

This way, even if you have a dual fatman twit teammate in a raid, there is a chance you can win instead of wasting fuel, time and nerves. 

• Upvote 1

It usually takes 3 dysfunctional builds driven by poor players to make me lose raids. Two on some more challenging ones like hard steel craddle at 6k, or if I try hard chase with same PS.(rarely do) Or sometimes just one medicore build&player on invasion will do, when you are fighting agains really good leviathan(really rare to see them).

So many people could, with so little, improve their raid performance a lot. Don't subscribe to this idea about raids being really challenging, because then you are bending into not improving. Sure, it doesn't take a lot to be "better" than many random teammates, and you would still lose plenty because it takes several players to win. But when you are better enough you are quite less dependent on those teammates.

Edited by PurdooSix
  • Upvote 1

On 2/12/2019 at 11:05 AM, Psiholozeus said:

Most of the times, if you play raids alone, the other players are useless cannon guys and they do nothing. It will be useful if they implement an option to play alone, at reduced difficulty, 'cause it's not fair that some dumbasses to screw up your fuel. Right?

Main question:

what PS of your pve craft?

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, VooDoo_G5 said:

If the daily says "win 6 missions or raids using a canon", then I'm gonna bring a cannon. Get over it. 

patrol

do not ruin raid for other people by bringing cannons into pve.

please

Edited by rpek32
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/16/2019 at 1:13 PM, PurdooSix said:

It usually takes 3 dysfunctional builds driven by poor players to make me lose raids. Two on some more challenging ones like hard steel craddle at 6k, or if I try hard chase with same PS.(rarely do) Or sometimes just one medicore build&player on invasion will do, when you are fighting agains really good leviathan(really rare to see them).

So many people could, with so little, improve their raid performance a lot. Don't subscribe to this idea about raids being really challenging, because then you are bending into not improving. Sure, it doesn't take a lot to be "better" than many random teammates, and you would still lose plenty because it takes several players to win. But when you are better enough you are quite less dependent on those teammates.

With some blue parts, you can do great in raids. And yeah, you can manage some raid situations alone, but not all of them, especially when bots ar targeting only the tower or whatever

On 2/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, rpek32 said:

Main question:

what PS of your pve craft?

6k, 10k, it doesn't matter

10 hours ago, Psiholozeus said:

actually it does.

make 5-5.2k craft. never raise your ps in raids

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Psiholozeus said:

With some blue parts, you can do great in raids. And yeah, you can manage some raid situations alone, but not all of them, especially when bots ar targeting only the tower or whatever

You don't make a build with "some"=random blue parts and expect to win most raids. You make it with specific parts.

Bots don't randomly target things. They target whatever they see first and they are quite persistent to continue to shoot it as long as they can.

If you are losing raids because the tower gets destroyed, DONT HIDE BEHIND IT. Hide the TOWER BEHIND YOU. According to your badges, you hide way too much.

PS ultimately matters mainly at speed. You can complete typical raids faster with lower PS build.

5 minutes ago, PurdooSix said:

PS ultimately matters mainly at speed

at strength of bots.

you can finish HR's with 700 coins craft where 400 coins - RN Seal

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, rpek32 said:

at strength of bots.

you can finish HR's with 700 coins craft where 400 coins - RN Seal

Hmm yeah speed. The higher PS, the more durable bots, so it doesn't effect how much you win, it just takes little more time.

11 minutes ago, PurdooSix said:

Hmm yeah speed

of growl w/o engine is enough for HR

Edited by rpek32
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

They should fix the issue where People trolling around if you have to pick up cargo, on the Weekend WE had again a platoon of 2 guys dont deliver it and just drive around honking. Make a mechanic if someone dont deliver the cargo in 1 min He loose it  and cant pick it up again. 

Edited by Draco_Night

47 minutes ago, Draco_Night said:

They should fix the issue where People trolling around if you have to pick up cargo, on the Weekend WE had again a platoon of 2 guys dont deliver it and just drive around honking. Make a mechanic if someone dont deliver the cargo in 1 min He loose it  and cant pick it up again. 

Yeah sure. You absolutely certain you can deliver it from furthermost point in biggest maps, in 1 minute?

Oh, what if you are being rammed by said platoon of 2?

3 hours ago, rpek32 said:

actually it does.

make 5-5.2k craft. never raise your ps in raids

You miss the point. I'm here talking about the other three players being worthless, doesn't matter at which ps. I can manage raids, but it's annoying when i'm doing all the job alone and they win resources and complete missions for badges, or even when i lose because of them. Let me give you an example. When we must pick up a cargo from a zone defended by raiders, it's really funny that i'm going alone for one, then i clean up of raiders the second zone, while my team can't even pick up  the cargo after they've gone. Or.. war for fire, many situations when all of them are going to deliver the cargo (where are two or three raiders xD) and i need to defend the tower myself. If the faction is lunatics, on hard raids, it's not that simple, 'cause you don't just need to shoot one weapon for each raider

1 hour ago, PurdooSix said:

You don't make a build with "some"=random blue parts and expect to win most raids. You make it with specific parts.

Bots don't randomly target things. They target whatever they see first and they are quite persistent to continue to shoot it as long as they can.

If you are losing raids because the tower gets destroyed, DONT HIDE BEHIND IT. Hide the TOWER BEHIND YOU. According to your badges, you hide way too much.

PS ultimately matters mainly at speed. You can complete typical raids faster with lower PS build.

Same for you. And when i said "some blue parts", i was pointing that it's not expensive to have an effective raid build, you just need to use your head.. unlike those with cannons, where it takes ten seconds to destroy a tiny bot

15 minutes ago, Psiholozeus said:

You miss the point. I'm here talking about the other three players being worthless, doesn't matter at which ps. I can manage raids, but it's annoying when i'm doing all the job alone and they win resources and complete missions for badges, or even when i lose because of them

nope. im clearly understanding you.

on 5-5.5K ps players doing raids for complete them. like if you see 5000 ps craft in raid 99% that owner of this craft playing in raid not for ruin it but for complete it.

ruiners or n00bs doesnt care about their PS in raids

thats the point.

Edited by rpek32
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Psiholozeus said:

Same for you. And when i said "some blue parts", i was pointing that it's not expensive to have an effective raid build, you just need to use your head.. unlike those with cannons, where it takes ten seconds to destroy a tiny bot

Price is irrelevant. 

I'm here talking about the other three players being worthless, doesn't matter at which ps."

Yep. Improve, and those worthless players become irrelevant.

9 minutes ago, PurdooSix said:

Price is irrelevant. 

I'm here talking about the other three players being worthless, doesn't matter at which ps."

Yep. Improve, and those worthless players become irrelevant.

Well, then my idea is good, right? We should play raids alone if we want

Just played my first raid for this week, on normal diff. One of my teammates was a dual fatman. First of all, he went for a cargo alone, he did almost zero damage to bots, and he got destroyed by raiders armed with vectors, buahahahahahahah

Then when he should defend the tower, he went to the truck. Then when we went to the truck, he came back to the tower, phahahahaha xD

If it boils down to this:

should devs make raids playable by single player alone, or should they continue to work on "complex/advanced raids" or new relic MG which has been in the making for nearly a year or so. Im going to vote on the later options.

Your fustration primary comes from losing some raids, because it cost fuel and time to play them, and when you lose, you get very little of the rewards. And I occasionally lose some raids too. But rarely enough, that it bothers me none.

55 minutes ago, Psiholozeus said:

Well, then my idea is good, right? We should play raids alone if we want

Just played my first raid for this week, on normal diff. One of my teammates was a dual fatman. First of all, he went for a cargo alone, he did almost zero damage to bots, and he got destroyed by raiders armed with vectors, buahahahahahahah

Then when he should defend the tower, he went to the truck. Then when we went to the truck, he came back to the tower, phahahahaha xD

Don't forget there are newer players, newer builds by players. Some may not know about the raid, the map.  Lag can cause player seem to drive blindly, Shooing randomly too. Speed of a build matters too.  How about some younger players, disable players...etc. I even had a wrong build loaded before.

You making it sound that many players do not want to finish the raids on the team you are with. There are many good cannon players can do well. It is not like they taken a white MG into a raid is it?  There are players are simply not very good.  I have met a few players became friends from raids, simply for letting them know to add a radio or taken out their fuel tank. 

Yeah, raids can be pain in a&& with no clue newbies. Ones that have no idea what to do, ones that listened someone and think that low PS build makes raid easy (despite having no damage output on that low build), one's that just leave or get disconnected(cheers Targem).

Best bet is to make best build you can with raid solo in mind, can't count on the random team, gotta do it all yourself!

Against Nomads and Scavangers go for Machine guns, 4xEQ+4 Radiators and you can degun all the bots yourself, against Lunatic raids 2 Retchers + 4 Radiators + Favorite cabin and GG. 

Chase = Harvesters, Retchers, Crickets.

You can argue but so far my XP in 6700 raids have shown that i know what i say. 

1 hour ago, _Hundu_ said:

Against Nomads and Scavangers go for Machine guns, 4xEQ+4 Radiators and you can degun all the bots yourself, against Lunatic raids 2 Retchers + 4 Radiators + Favorite cabin and GG. 

pls do not bring into HR's anything than vectors.

do not ruin raid

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Psiholozeus said:

Yeah, yeah.. newbies, newbies at 10k. I think you should not talk without reason

Did I only say there are only new players on 10 K builds? What? Not happy some of us can do well on hard raids with blue weapons? 

1 hour ago, rpek32 said:

pls do not bring into HR's anything than vectors.

do not ruin raid

People can bring whatever they like as long as it's good enough. Players taking equilizers won't mostly play with players taking vectors, the PS difference will make sure of that.

Sign in to follow this