Sign in to follow this  
Psiholozeus

Do something with the raids

Recommended Posts

In the current state, raids in crossout are the most tedious thing i have ever seen. You torture your mind and hand just to get 3.5 electronics and a headache. In any case, raids need tweaking. Bot scaling should be tuned down a bit (a simple car with a machine gun got more health than most tank builds...come on) and they should have higher chance to drop ammo when killed.

This way, even if you have a dual fatman twit teammate in a raid, there is a chance you can win instead of wasting fuel, time and nerves. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It usually takes 3 dysfunctional builds driven by poor players to make me lose raids. Two on some more challenging ones like hard steel craddle at 6k, or if I try hard chase with same PS.(rarely do) Or sometimes just one medicore build&player on invasion will do, when you are fighting agains really good leviathan(really rare to see them).

 

So many people could, with so little, improve their raid performance a lot. Don't subscribe to this idea about raids being really challenging, because then you are bending into not improving. Sure, it doesn't take a lot to be "better" than many random teammates, and you would still lose plenty because it takes several players to win. But when you are better enough you are quite less dependent on those teammates.

Edited by PurdooSix
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 1:13 PM, PurdooSix said:

It usually takes 3 dysfunctional builds driven by poor players to make me lose raids. Two on some more challenging ones like hard steel craddle at 6k, or if I try hard chase with same PS.(rarely do) Or sometimes just one medicore build&player on invasion will do, when you are fighting agains really good leviathan(really rare to see them).

 

So many people could, with so little, improve their raid performance a lot. Don't subscribe to this idea about raids being really challenging, because then you are bending into not improving. Sure, it doesn't take a lot to be "better" than many random teammates, and you would still lose plenty because it takes several players to win. But when you are better enough you are quite less dependent on those teammates.

With some blue parts, you can do great in raids. And yeah, you can manage some raid situations alone, but not all of them, especially when bots ar targeting only the tower or whatever

On 2/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, rpek32 said:

Main question:

what PS of your pve craft?

6k, 10k, it doesn't matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Psiholozeus said:

With some blue parts, you can do great in raids. And yeah, you can manage some raid situations alone, but not all of them, especially when bots ar targeting only the tower or whatever

6k, 10k, it doesn't matter

You don't make a build with "some"=random blue parts and expect to win most raids. You make it with specific parts.

 

Bots don't randomly target things. They target whatever they see first and they are quite persistent to continue to shoot it as long as they can.

If you are losing raids because the tower gets destroyed, DONT HIDE BEHIND IT. Hide the TOWER BEHIND YOU. According to your badges, you hide way too much.

 

PS ultimately matters mainly at speed. You can complete typical raids faster with lower PS build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rpek32 said:

at strength of bots.

you can finish HR's with 700 coins craft where 400 coins - RN Seal

Hmm yeah speed. The higher PS, the more durable bots, so it doesn't effect how much you win, it just takes little more time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should fix the issue where People trolling around if you have to pick up cargo, on the Weekend WE had again a platoon of 2 guys dont deliver it and just drive around honking. Make a mechanic if someone dont deliver the cargo in 1 min He loose it  and cant pick it up again. 

Edited by Draco_Night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Draco_Night said:

They should fix the issue where People trolling around if you have to pick up cargo, on the Weekend WE had again a platoon of 2 guys dont deliver it and just drive around honking. Make a mechanic if someone dont deliver the cargo in 1 min He loose it  and cant pick it up again. 

Yeah sure. You absolutely certain you can deliver it from furthermost point in biggest maps, in 1 minute?

Oh, what if you are being rammed by said platoon of 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rpek32 said:

actually it does.

make 5-5.2k craft. never raise your ps in raids

You miss the point. I'm here talking about the other three players being worthless, doesn't matter at which ps. I can manage raids, but it's annoying when i'm doing all the job alone and they win resources and complete missions for badges, or even when i lose because of them. Let me give you an example. When we must pick up a cargo from a zone defended by raiders, it's really funny that i'm going alone for one, then i clean up of raiders the second zone, while my team can't even pick up  the cargo after they've gone. Or.. war for fire, many situations when all of them are going to deliver the cargo (where are two or three raiders xD) and i need to defend the tower myself. If the faction is lunatics, on hard raids, it's not that simple, 'cause you don't just need to shoot one weapon for each raider

 

1 hour ago, PurdooSix said:

You don't make a build with "some"=random blue parts and expect to win most raids. You make it with specific parts.

 

Bots don't randomly target things. They target whatever they see first and they are quite persistent to continue to shoot it as long as they can.

If you are losing raids because the tower gets destroyed, DONT HIDE BEHIND IT. Hide the TOWER BEHIND YOU. According to your badges, you hide way too much.

 

PS ultimately matters mainly at speed. You can complete typical raids faster with lower PS build.

Same for you. And when i said "some blue parts", i was pointing that it's not expensive to have an effective raid build, you just need to use your head.. unlike those with cannons, where it takes ten seconds to destroy a tiny bot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Psiholozeus said:

Same for you. And when i said "some blue parts", i was pointing that it's not expensive to have an effective raid build, you just need to use your head.. unlike those with cannons, where it takes ten seconds to destroy a tiny bot

Price is irrelevant. 

I'm here talking about the other three players being worthless, doesn't matter at which ps."

Yep. Improve, and those worthless players become irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PurdooSix said:

Price is irrelevant. 

I'm here talking about the other three players being worthless, doesn't matter at which ps."

Yep. Improve, and those worthless players become irrelevant.

Well, then my idea is good, right? We should play raids alone if we want

Just played my first raid for this week, on normal diff. One of my teammates was a dual fatman. First of all, he went for a cargo alone, he did almost zero damage to bots, and he got destroyed by raiders armed with vectors, buahahahahahahah

Then when he should defend the tower, he went to the truck. Then when we went to the truck, he came back to the tower, phahahahaha xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it boils down to this:

should devs make raids playable by single player alone, or should they continue to work on "complex/advanced raids" or new relic MG which has been in the making for nearly a year or so. Im going to vote on the later options.

 

Your fustration primary comes from losing some raids, because it cost fuel and time to play them, and when you lose, you get very little of the rewards. And I occasionally lose some raids too. But rarely enough, that it bothers me none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Psiholozeus said:

Well, then my idea is good, right? We should play raids alone if we want

Just played my first raid for this week, on normal diff. One of my teammates was a dual fatman. First of all, he went for a cargo alone, he did almost zero damage to bots, and he got destroyed by raiders armed with vectors, buahahahahahahah

Then when he should defend the tower, he went to the truck. Then when we went to the truck, he came back to the tower, phahahahaha xD

Don't forget there are newer players, newer builds by players. Some may not know about the raid, the map.  Lag can cause player seem to drive blindly, Shooing randomly too. Speed of a build matters too.  How about some younger players, disable players...etc. I even had a wrong build loaded before.

You making it sound that many players do not want to finish the raids on the team you are with. There are many good cannon players can do well. It is not like they taken a white MG into a raid is it?  There are players are simply not very good.  I have met a few players became friends from raids, simply for letting them know to add a radio or taken out their fuel tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, raids can be pain in a&& with no clue newbies. Ones that have no idea what to do, ones that listened someone and think that low PS build makes raid easy (despite having no damage output on that low build), one's that just leave or get disconnected(cheers Targem).

Best bet is to make best build you can with raid solo in mind, can't count on the random team, gotta do it all yourself!

Against Nomads and Scavangers go for Machine guns, 4xEQ+4 Radiators and you can degun all the bots yourself, against Lunatic raids 2 Retchers + 4 Radiators + Favorite cabin and GG. 

Chase = Harvesters, Retchers, Crickets.

You can argue but so far my XP in 6700 raids have shown that i know what i say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psiholozeus said:

Yeah, yeah.. newbies, newbies at 10k. I think you should not talk without reason

Did I only say there are only new players on 10 K builds? What? Not happy some of us can do well on hard raids with blue weapons? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rpek32 said:

pls do not bring into HR's anything than vectors.

do not ruin raid

 

 

People can bring whatever they like as long as it's good enough. Players taking equilizers won't mostly play with players taking vectors, the PS difference will make sure of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My raid build has 13 energy. 4 equilizers and one passive epic cooler at 7050 PS.  

Do you think 4 vectors and one active epic cooler with 6450 PS would preform better?

Or take no Generator, so i have 10 energy and take only 3 vectors and a epic cooler with 5435 PC?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blasphemon said:

My raid build has 13 energy. 4 equilizers and one passive epic cooler at 7050 PS.  

Do you think 4 vectors and one active epic cooler with 6450 PS would preform better?

Or take no Generator, so i have 10 energy and take only 3 vectors and a epic cooler with 5435 PC?

Yep, slightly faster no doubt. No better or worse in any other way. I have about 6k with 4 vectors. I've not tried to have only 3 vectors, because you have to be at least 5k, better have 4 vecors, 4 vectors work fine without a radiator or cooler. I've usually had a radiator or two.

Edited by PurdooSix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, i tried your suggestions and made a 4 vector vehicle at 5600 PS.

It works fine.

My 7000 PS vehicle with 4 equalizers works also fine.

But i see a big difference in the matchmaker.

At 5600 PS i am matched with teammates 5-6K.

At 7000 PS there is usually at least one teammate with 10K.

So i will stay at the lower PS level.

Thanks for advice.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you guys are looking for easy time....:lol: 

I use my M37s to do the work...higher risk but more fun. Change a M38 for a little higher PS....I can strip weapon on bot as well as most, but I have to be a lot closer to them bots.

 

To tell the truth. A team with one good support weapon build do well and end a raid fast.

The only thing is the rest of team need to be more of combat players and be the targets. It is a gamble to take a support build in random team. If they are inexperienced or there is another support weapon build, the raid would be harder.    

Maybe we have team up so I can show what a "incinerators" build can do in a raid to bots.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rpek32 said:

 

why need support when dealing damage from distance much better? 16 vectors at 20k ps are able to easily obliterate whole raid map.

 

1 fun....

2 mass damage to bots.

3 if done correctly, it can end raid faster.

4 make usage on other weapon types.   Why restrict to just a weapon to do all raids. PvE can be a way to help get used to weapons for PvE too.

 

Yes, at times we all use the best tools for the job, but it also can become a routine and lose the fun of doing it.:002:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rpek32 said:

pls do not bring into HR's anything than vectors.

do not ruin raid

 

And who's gonna carry those Vector lowbies in Lunatic raids, Steel Cradles? Vectors are fine if you don't have coins to get something better. Obviously MG type of guns are best for Scavanger/Nomad raids for stripping bots, but no way Vectors are best.

4x EQ + 4 Epic radiators(fused for thermostable) will be better any day over Vectors. Also very simple to play, just aim and hold mouse key, no spam tapping, no fuzz + good even vs Lunatics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rpek32 said:

there is no fun in grind. grind = job. less grind - better. more grind - worse

you dont need mass damage you need to disarm from distance

nope. supportive build already cant assault points alone unlike me. so while im taking cargo alone, those 3 guys taking other 2 cargo. and im enough fast to arrive to second cargo and kill bot.(im talking about video i provided above). im always acting solo because its faster.

because you need fast win without using repair kits (if you're using kits then you will gain nothing in terms of coins). noone like to loose, so should use most effective weapon for win. currently its vectors

nah. im not grind for resources so 4 victory per day without spending kits is fine. do the 4 raids, and forget till tomorrow

:008: ok whatever....I do play for fun, or not play....:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.