Todesklinge

Hover Executioner = OP

They are to OP!

Hovers can ignore limited angle of Weapons. Lets equip the nerf Hammer and strike back!

Its realy boring to play against Canon Hovers :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

Everyone is complaining about etc weapons on hover. Really? The problem is your skill! But let's talk about double executioner with goliath tracks, at 6k ps. How about double harvester and spark (yeah, 3 legendaries) at 6.5k? And double fatman with armored tracks at 5k? Shotguns like junkbow and fafnir, at <5000 ps? One shot and your weapons are gone. Or.. balance between a 12k scorpion build and a 10k equalizer build? The last one is really special. One porcupine takes 3 energy points and got 1200 ps. And an incinerator take 6 energy and have 1410 ps. Lol. How's that you complain about one shootable hover builds? This game is really unbalanced, you can't complain about a single weapon/ movement part, and especially, YOU CAN'T NERF a single type of build, like they did!

Edited by Psiholozeus
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Um.. How does a hover ignore limited firing angle when they have to belly mount weapons to deal with meta melee, shotgun builds? 

Yeah you can build a hover to be extremely unbalanced so they can lean forward or back buuuuut you then have to deal with your unbalanced hover smacking the ground depending on which end is heavier aaand the direction you are going. 

And to the inevitable argument about heavy weapons on hovers...look you mad them only a hair faster than armored tracks and dependent on cabin power to keep their acceleration crisp so they don't have sluggish handling... Think.. What cabins have the highest power since speed Stat doesn't mean jack now... Yeah that's right heavy cabins! What do heavy cabins like to use? Big fing guns. 

Good grief I'm using a carapace for my hover platform and it can swing its own weight up to 6k with just weapon changes and it normally is set to 4.5k with cords and a hornet with 1700+hp

A601F70B16C70AA497036368E9186413EB1D72D9

"Hovers ignore the limited angle of weapons"

Hmm.. I'm going to tell you a secret: 

You can use WASD to move and ignore the limited angles as well ^^ 

2 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

So you have a channel. Interesting... Why i don't see any other video about crossout in your channel??? Interesting... very interesting...

Like others have said: if you are getting pooped on by anyone/anything in general, it’s probably because ur bad (unless it’s harvesters). You have 

a. Exposed guns

b. Exposed gen/fuel/explosives

c. You have weak fame pieces or your build doesn’t have strong connections in general

Learn to build and get good before you complain.

• Upvote 1

High recoil cannons of any kind should have no place on a hover... let alone be the best platform for them.

• Confused 5
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

High recoil cannons of any kind should have no place on a hover

Then why are heavy cabins allowed to use augers? Why are wheeled builds allowed to carry the heavier weapons that exist in-game? Because restrictions like that have no place in a creative  building game.

36 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

let alone be the best platform for them.

Best? Legs are far far superior as a platform for cannons. Hover's especially can't duke it out in fights like good cannon builds can.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, aldermatias said:

So you have a channel. Interesting... Why i don't see any other video about crossout in your channel??? Interesting... very interesting...

Because I don't really use my channel and the other very few videos I have are on private XD

The only reason that particular video exists is to show how dumb the "that ignores fixed weapons angle limitations" statement is :lol:

9 hours ago, PSchnyder said:

Um.. How does a hover ignore limited firing angle when they have to belly mount weapons to deal with meta melee, shotgun builds? 

Yeah you can build a hover to be extremely unbalanced so they can lean forward or back buuuuut you then have to deal with your unbalanced hover smacking the ground depending on which end is heavier aaand the direction you are going. 

And to the inevitable argument about heavy weapons on hovers...look you mad them only a hair faster than armored tracks and dependent on cabin power to keep their acceleration crisp so they don't have sluggish handling... Think.. What cabins have the highest power since speed Stat doesn't mean jack now... Yeah that's right heavy cabins! What do heavy cabins like to use? Big fing guns. 

Good grief I'm using a carapace for my hover platform and it can swing its own weight up to 6k with just weapon changes and it normally is set to 4.5k with cords and a hornet with 1700+hp

A601F70B16C70AA497036368E9186413EB1D72D9

It is not ignore the "limited of firing angle".  

To aim a weapon, all build need to turn the weapon itself or the whole build. Because the hovers are off the ground and self levelling, the normal X and Y aim became just  X aim. With hardly any recoil given to hover/cannon combos. That is why hovers can re-aim much faster to their counter builds. Don't forget, other builds can't change the angle of the ground. Therefor the self levelling of the weapons do have a limit when you on the ground.

Given the changed they have made from last patch, we will have to see what the out come would be.

22 minutes ago, rpek32 said:

cannons still can be balanced with weight

And that matters how? Because the second you get hit by anything you're sent flying and the second you move you lose the aim you had.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

It is not ignore the "limited of firing angle".  

To aim a weapon, all build need to turn the weapon itself or the whole build. Because the hovers are off the ground and self levelling, the normal X and Y aim became just  X aim. With hardly any recoil given to hover/cannon combos. That is why hovers can re-aim much faster to their counter builds. Don't forget, other builds can't change the angle of the ground. Therefor the self levelling of the weapons do have a limit when you on the ground.

Given the changed they have made from last patch, we will have to see what the out come would be.

If that would be the case, hovers would be out of this world compared to ground builds. Yet hover users die the same way as anyone in matches. I kill hovers, i get killed in my hovers, same for ground builds. No big deal.

• Confused 3

I actually havent seen any hover exes in a while. And i played low ps for the stupid background. The only ones i found were the doible exes on wheels at each side of the cab. Also i dont see the problem whit the hover exes since they are glass canons carrying a fuel and ammo. Usually under or behing the cab so just shoot at that and see some cool fireworks.

Cannons are now really bad on hovers unless you are willing to bloat PS up or directly go with endgame builds.

All hover dual 88s now move like snail without engines. However, with engine their PS is still much higher than before.

I don't understand why you're still having problem with them.

• Confused 1

OP has problem almost everything.  Last time I've looked, he/she couldn't gain basic resources, as he/she quit almost every battle. And blame the game and asked for refund.:002j:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, S1zzlingH0t said:

If that would be the case, hovers would be out of this world compared to ground builds. Yet hover users die the same way as anyone in matches. I kill hovers, i get killed in my hovers, same for ground builds. No big deal.

it was...until the latest change. Now on lower PS, they have lost that almost instant recover from recoil.  Why do you think the 2 most deadly combos where hover/mg and hover/cannon? 

It was a know fact on some PS range, them combos were too OP. 

The game have had many metas. I have not calling any of them until end of last year. Where hovers had been out for a year. That was the first time I went to the side of calling for a change. It was try and play in many games, not just play a few games and call something OP.

Now hovers have to use the engine power to turn, so they do not have that way too fast turn and stop. That is what the balance about.

• Upvote 2

I've never felt hovers really auto level out they try to stay parallel to the ground buuut so do wheel builds if they are similar in length. Slopes and dips do affect the vertical somewhat. 

I think eventually we will see more carapace hovers though at lower ps since it doesn't matter anymore about top speed but that cabin will bring the acceleration up.. Just a bigger target and we'll that is not a cheap rare cabin. 

12 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Then why are heavy cabins allowed to use augers?

Augers have a topspeed of 50 km/h... that is slow heavy territory.

Why are wheeled builds allowed to carry the heavier weapons that exist in-game?

Because we have various sizes of wheels and wheeled vehicles can actually fire cannons in real life? They are still on the ground you know....

creative  building game. 

That is staying way below its potential because one movement option - in this case hovers - is/was simple much better than any competing options... Go ahead build a creative wheeled design... oh sorry... twin executioner hovers just kicked your **** very badly because it just happens to be better than a wheeled vehicle could ever hope to be.

Creative and competive building games need balancing. This includes having meaningful drawbacks... and hovers just happened not to have enough of those.

Best? Legs are far far superior as a platform for cannons. Hover's especially can't duke it out in fights like good cannon builds can

Ahh yes... thats why 3 legged cannon builds where dominating games... oh wait... it was hovers.

Hovers dont need to duke it out... if you can evade 90 % of all incoming fire overall durability is vastly higher than anything a legged build can ever hope to achieve.

A cannon hover was(is vastly more powerful than a cannon walker.... at least in the PS range where most people play.

But then like most of your posts you only defend the op stuff you so love to use.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

Augers have a topspeed of 50 km/h... that is slow heavy territory.

Yet they were released as a part of the Lunatics secondary faction and augers have a higher max speed than goliaths, the same as armored tracks but less power draw (Without a steppe spider.).

31 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

Because we have various sizes of wheels and wheeled vehicles can actually fire cannons in real life? They are still on the ground you know....

And in real life not many IFVs have the same cannons as tanks do. So why should wheeled builds handle recoil just as well as tracked builds?

37 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

That is staying way below its potential because one movement option - in this case hovers - is/was simple much better than any competing options... Go ahead build a creative wheeled design... oh sorry... twin executioner hovers just kicked your **** very badly because it just happens to be better than a wheeled vehicle could ever hope to be.

Creative and competive building games need balancing. This includes having meaningful drawbacks... and hovers just happened not to have enough of those.

No, now they have too many when before they were balanced. Melee already hard counters hovers with the height nerf, now they can outaccelerate and outrun them as well. Hovers can carry more armor when their entire point is that they don't get hit in the first place.

Hover's have slowly been overnerfed to the point they're not worth running as a main build unless you do use a meta or you use worthless guided missiles.

39 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

Ahh yes... thats why 3 legged cannon builds where dominating games... oh wait... it was hovers.

Hovers dont need to duke it out... if you can evade 90 % of all incoming fire overall durability is vastly higher than anything a legged build can ever hope to achieve.

A cannon hover was(is vastly more powerful than a cannon walker.... at least in the PS range where most people play.

But then like most of your posts you only defend the op stuff you so love to use.

Ah yes, the low PS hovers. You know, the reason that I was always saying that the PS for hover jets needed to be raised? Now, hovers have been nerfed overall and high PS hovers (What the devs want to exist unlike low PS hovers.) are weaker.

Hover don't need to duke it out, yet one of the main complaints that always comes up is that hovers can use spaced armor. Hell legs provide enough protection on their own that most incoming fire is more of an annoyance than a threat.

Use hitscan weapons or any rapid firing explosive weapon and cannon hovers are weak as all hell. Delicate ammo crates protected by a brittle shell are easy to crack with the right weapons.

Because I don't want the game to be ruined with overnerfs. I'm fine with nerfing harvester for instance but not to the extent that it becomes useless, hovers were similar in I would happily accept a massive PS rise so they're placed where they're weaker so that low PS hovers would cease to exist. Instead hovers were made similar to all other builds, builds that eat damage instead of dodge it. So because player can't aim, hovers have been repeatedly nerfed to point that they're not worthy of being a main build.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ARES_IV said:

I just don't believe you ever played hovers.

I prefer ground builds and always preferred them over hovers, just because you don't become useless once someone rushes you or even facehugs you and stuff keeps falling off your build or just the casual wobbling all over the place rendering your weapons not being able to shoot what's in front of you. 

But yeah, everytime i get shred i say: "HOVER OP"

That's how OP my death was.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I dont know what kinds of matches you guys are ending up in, but I still see hovers kicking lots of peoples asses with executioners/tsunami/scorpions. They may have slowed down a bit, but they can still easily outrun people over bumpy terrain, rotate in place to fire in any direction, and use recoil as a way to outrun people while driving backwards.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

easily outrun people over bumpy terrain

I'm honestly starting to believe that the ammount of people that doesn't think "hey, what if I shoot this thing while I'm chasing it?" is way bigger than I thought o.O

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

I dont know what kinds of matches you guys are ending up in, but I still see hovers kicking lots of peoples asses with executioners/tsunami/scorpions. They may have slowed down a bit, but they can still easily outrun people over bumpy terrain, rotate in place to fire in any direction, and use recoil as a way to outrun people while driving backwards.

I do see them more on 7-8K games, but they seem to fine. Not as they at 3 to 6K before the change. Even at 7-8 K now they lost that insanely fast reload+re-aim as before.

2 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:

I don't play clan wars but that's it.