_cottton_

Please add a "sorry" button

Great suggestion opening up to gather more feedback.

• Confused 1

Is needed.

We do need a sorry button, need I reminds you Canadians are playing this game!

More seriously, I would also add yes / no or affirmative / negative.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, bozzarr said:

Also "follow me" would be a good thing

"Regroup here" more or less acts as this.

I don't know, personally I'd like to see "Fall back" as ping, but I guess Regroup could be used as that too. I haven't played Apex Legends (yet) but I've heard that game has an excellent ping system. Maybe take some cues from that.

Can we use the ALT key with the existing call-outs to create alternative version?

eg: g = Great! / ALT g = Sorry

z = Defend here / ALT z = Run Away!

You get the picture...

?

St_noob

Edited by Stoopid_noob
more eg.

Beta_Angel (Posted )

could not do the Alt + Z as this hides the UI so we would need to do something else
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, Stoopid_noob said:

Can we use the ALT key with the existing call-outs to create alternative version?

eg: g = Great! / ALT g = Sorry

z = Defend here / ALT z = Run Away!

You get the picture...

?

St_noob

Liking it!

To use alt to give the countermessage.

G = Great / Alt G = Sorry

Z = Defend here / Alt Z = Retreat!

Y = Base is under Attack! / Alt Y = Let's Capture Enemy Base!

U = I am going for an Objective / Alt U = Enemy Spotted!

I = Agree with your Point! / Alt I = Invest in Bitcoin

Etc and so forth.

We also need a sorry button for enemies...

"Dear Hover. I am deeply sorry that you flow straight into my executioner volley. I am sure loosing 3 hovers and being turned into a burning wreck was a painful experience. Although perhaps less painful than my second volley that put you out of your misery." :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Beta_Angel (Posted Tuesday at 01:43 PM)

could not do the Alt + Z as this hides the UI so we would need to do something else

If the ALT key is already being used, then swap that for CTRL, or SHIFT.  Maybe use both so that we can have 3 alternative call-outs....?

Just use the options to set the key bindings.

If there is too much shout outs then the new implemented ones are default not set.

If you want "sorry" at ALT+X then set it so.

You do not change already existing. And if you add new and there is no easy way to set a default then set default to "undefined". Easy, gg =)

ez.png.625da5405488f3b8c345054c69607854.

EDIT:

So there is everything already implemented to add new shout outs.

If we get 10 new then those 10 new are not assigned to any buttons by default.

BUT you can choose them ingame using the matrix anyway (HOLD V to get the shout out selection).

No need to change the menu ect at all.

EDIT 2: and i know about the console ... but i dont really care about console :x (and im not sorry for that :D )

Edited by _cottton_
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

We should add the most commonly used phrases in team chat: "Ace team..." or "Are you stupid?!?", and the never forgettable "Learn to play, sh!tlord!" ...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, VooDoo_G5 said:

We should add the most commonly used phrases in team chat: "Ace team..." or "Are you stupid?!?", and the never forgettable "Learn to play, sh!tlord!" ...

I did some time ago suggested the right kind of fun "insult" to enemies.  Of course it is as an option.   After we destroy an enemy, we should be able to " HaHa" them once, or "You'er bad!!", or "Gotcha":002j: or "We come in peace" or "How is that for an aim bot?"...lol I wonder how many reports a player will get if the last one is used....:lol:

PS... we need one for "Got out of your hiding hole!!" and "You are safe to come out now." and " No ammo"

Edited by ChopChopChop
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, ChopChopChop said:

After we destroy an enemy, we should be able to " HaHa" them once, or "You'er bad!!", or "Gotcha"

Spoiler

:good:

"useless" & "hahaha" is gold:01:

Edited by rpek32
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The Thank you, Sorry and follow me key functions make's perfect sense to me!

Good idea. :smile: As I understand, the callout "Great" is used in this sense, and does the job, but a specially dedicated one would be useful.

By the way, I would like to propose an additional feature - the ability to bind keys for sending callouts or private messages to specific players on both teams. For example, I have my callouts bound under F1-F6, so it would be very convenient for me to bind my teammates under 1-8 and opponents under Q-I. The way I see it, pressing one of these keys would activate the target player as the recipient of the first callout or private message that follows, and the sending of a PM would, of course, require the activation of the chat window by pressing Enter, but the recipient would have already been pre-selected by this method.
This functionality would save me time it takes to manually select a player from the map screen and enter a message using the keyboard, in situations when I one-shot an enemy soon after the match start and just want to send a quick message "sorry ;-)". I't not gloating, just good manners after e.g. instakilling a cloaked hover with a TOW missile, especially when I didn't even know it was there.

For weeks now I have been considering the idea that the player with the most missions completed should be marked in some way for better tactical orientation of other team members, especially less experienced ones. It happens to me all the time that e.g. I go center or farther out for an attack or ambush, while the team goes left to cap, or maybe driven by nostalgia to chill and reminisce the good old times when there used a cap on the left flank a match ago. Or when it's possible to run away from battle and cap instead of attacking, I stay put to fight, and I don't even notice I've been used as a decoy by the cowards (DaddyDave69's signature manouver). If the enemies are smarter, we can lose. If everybody knew where the person with the most experience in a given battle is, maybe they would use their location as a reference point for their own manoeuvers. Such a 'team leader' could be marked in a variety of colors, to be selected in the settings, maybe gold by default, and it should be possible to disable the feature by a toggle button (for those 'lone ranger' types), as well as to separately enable/disable displaying the marker on the HUD, the minimap and the large map.
This feature might be expanded by displaying an arrow to indicate the direction of attack suggested by the 'leader' with the "Attack" callout on the hud and the maps; to be separately enabled/disabled in the settings.

• Upvote 1

Good idea, I want to be able to spam sorry while I ruin my allied 4k hover scorp's day by making passes under him (^:

• Haha 1

Not a bad idea; of course, trolls would abuse it, as the reply above me sarcastically points out.

I wish there was a "Calm down, it's just a video game" button for those tightly-wound individuals who feel it necessary to constantly fill team chat with time-honored classics like "f*** u  i*****", "trash team", etc.