3D Printed Crossout Build !

Impressive. Very nice.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I have a collection of 78 1:18 scale cars. I would kill for 1:18 representations of MY Crossout cars.

Good job sir, you lived my dream. :014:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

I just have a question. Or 2 actually
1) Does it break a rule/law about EULA or copyright? I am just lazy, thats probably it, but i would love if you shared something

2) How/where did you model this? I am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to 3d model, and getting reference images for the vehicle

12 hours ago, Dracomon said:

I just have a question. Or 2 actually
1) Does it break a rule/law about EULA or copyright? I am just lazy, thats probably it, but i would love if you shared something

2) How/where did you model this? I am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to 3d model, and getting reference images for the vehicle

Hey !

1) I do not think I break any rule, I am not selling the models/manufactured parts under the name "Crossout" (not selling them at all in fact). So if I keep it for myself, it's fine.

2) For the modeling, I used SolidWorks, a software designed primarily for industry use, that I am using for some years already. You can probably find a free Student Edition (available for one year, then you need to get a new key) to try it. Theres a lot of tutorials available. Otherwise there are some free alternatives, like FreeCad, which is quiet like SolidWorks, but a bit less intuitive; Blender, more oriented for video games models creation, and animating them, etc.

For the creation of parts, I simply got the game running in the background while modeling, then switched to it, to turn around and look at the individual parts, as I was making them. Then I assembled all the parts together, like you would do in Crossout, with the assembly feature of the software. I have some timelapses on my youtube channel (not for these parts unfortunately), maybe you can slow down the video, and see how I make them, it's simple functions most of the time.

I hope you got all the answers you needed, don't hesitate to tell me if I missed something :lol:

Edited by C_Geremy
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish I had a 3D printer, I had the same idea! I want to do them so I can have a little model of my favorite build on my desk! I would probably do a little larger tho, my idea was to use "LEGO" block style connectors for the pieces, so probably 2cm cubed would be a good cube size for that. GREAT WORK! That looks awesome man, I especially love how you added the stickers from in game, and the build in general looks cool :) but the criossont XD haha C'est formidable!

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Friendly speaking, I don't think it is worth it to buy a 3D printer just for fun. You'll use it once or maybe twice and forget about it forever. I would buy it for some business. Well, if you work with some modeling software, I guess it is possible to print your own works with it. Also, I suppose that 3d cartridges cost much more than usual ones  https://www.mrdepot.ca/products/canon-128-toner

4 hours ago, Bengios said:

I suppose that 3d cartridges cost much more than usual ones

Hello,

3D printers doesn't use "cartidges", but (depending on the technology) filament spools, liquid resin or powder. For the ones using filament, depending on the material and brand, a 1 kg spool can cost around 20-25€. The resin costs around 20€ for 500 grams. The ones using powder are extremely expensive and complex, mainly reserved for an industrial use, the "basic" powder cost 200€ per kg, even more if you want exotic materials, like for titanium SLS printing.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

VERY COOL!

• Thanks 2
  • 2 months later...

Wow, you turned out great models. I'm wondering what application you used to view your models. I'm thinking of just doing something the same. But I don't know exactly how, I've heard about Android app development and I'm thinking of contacting them in order to try to create an application. I've always been interested in such things.

On 7/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, PokirPhace said:

I'm wondering what application you used to view your models.

There is some model viewer applications for Android. I remember using one called "Fast STL Viewer" to show models to friends on the go. You convert your model to STL, upload it on your phone/tablet and you can view it anywhere. The official app to view SolidWorks models is also available, it's called EDrawings, but it's not free on the play store (it's possible to find APKs tho). With it you can open .slprt/.sldasm files without conveting them, on your Android device.