BjKalderon

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.30 Horsemen of Apocalypse

Making meagrinders faster is a good  change, but I feel they still need a little bit more speed.

The speedometer is a good addition, really helps to finally see how fast one goes and when some perks kick in.

But lances need to lose more explosive power at low speed. I can still just drive outside the hanger with a lancer car and destroy two or three vehicles at less than 10kph. Still way too much power.

Another nerf to hovers really wasnt necessary, they are easy prey at low PS.

I also see that you intend to change harvesters again, pretty crap intention. I have owned one for a very long time and now that they are finally good you want to ruin those again. No doubt because hovers were made worse at lower PS. But that means that yet another legendary gets ruined(again) because of its use in low PS(sealclubbing at 4k aswell most likely). Stop ruining weapons because people take them into 4k and the like, start restricting them to above 5k instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, D3N1Z said:

image.png.429d441f165f3f5156b721d9aed792

limit will increase to 150 for scanner users , tbh this is too much p2w 

Woody has a point it just increases the resources you get doesn't increase a players skill or kill count so p2w theory of yours is ridiculous! P2w means just that, you pay to win pay for more resources doesn't equate to winning, least not in this game! 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, cyklotron said:

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS?

How on earth i accelerate my lancer build with 4 hermes boosters to above 130km/h and then i slow down to 85km/h despite my max speed is around 110km/h on flat ground? 

i hope i got this wrong and speed of vehicle is not determined based on time count? LOL

ARE THERE UNIQUE LAWS OF PHYSICS IN THIS GAME? REGARDING KINETIC ENERGY/ GRAVITATIONAL PULL and other basics? iN THE GAME ABOUT BUILDING AND DRIVING VEHICLES?>

WHY HUGE NERF FOR LANCES? do you realise that lancer build has very little hp or it is slow otherwise? HOW I WILL MAINTAIN SPEED ON 95% OF MAPS  surface COVERED WITH bumps holes obstacles trees sand water teammates and enemys? 

THIS IS huge nerf for lances now . 

you saying that you want lances to be skill based YET YOU LOWER MAX BONUS And put a cap on 100km/h  what ABOUT THOSE WHO BASE EFFECTIVENESS OF LANCES ON REAL SPEED ? 

u sell LIES and new overpriced packs

months and months of playing against HOVERS FLYING SO HIGH YOU COULDNT EVEN TOUCH THEM IF U EVEN MANAGED TO GET CLOSE TO THEM. and now this

i dont know i want to waste any more time in this game.

also I DESROY TWO ENEMY PLAYERS EARLY... now we again have to deal with 8 enemys becaues they gto replaced.....WHY? I USED MY WEAPONS ON THEM. WHY DID YOU REVERSE THAT CHANGE which was one of the best changes int he game. If they get destroyed (not just left battle) THEY SHOULDNT BE REPLACED BY BOTS? its 7vs 8 scenarion becaues i have no lances left. so we have to kill total 10 to win by elimination NOT VERY FAIR?

I have no sympathy for lance builds, least with hovers you need skill to use them but lances not so much, you do need situational awareness with lances though. But if it was up to me I would require Lancelot to take up 3 energy and blue spears 2 energy so this update to lances I welcome as lances were almost always a guarantee 1 to 2 kills per match unless the player was useless with them which happens! Time to move on to a weapon with skill base now?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

BjKalderon (Posted 8 hours ago)

Thank you for sharing your feedback! As you know, right now the Clan Battles are temporarily unavailable and you will be able to check the effect of the scanner once access to the mode is opened (next week). As for the new garage - at the moment there are no plans to make it available by other means (as it is a unique bonus).

A lot of people are buying the scanner in anticipation of getting an extra uranium per win, and I feel like they will be disappointed if bronze - gold with 1 per win are not getting an extra uranium. Would be nice if someone could clarify if 1 uranium per win will be 2 per win with the scanner, so people don't waste their money on it if it will not matter if you're not in one of the top 3 clans. 

I know I won't be buying a scanner if it isn't giving extra for bronze - gold tier league, nor will I buy it to just find out when clan wars reopens. 

Edited by Grizzles1
  • Thanks 1

The clan wars reward system is really nice, since its based on the rating of players and not only a specific numbers. Means if more players play, more will get rewarded which allow every average clans to get a shot at uranium!!

Not a big fan of relics tho, I fear it just gonna break the balance and kill diversity.

• Upvote 3

There is so much good stuff in this update, and still plenty to complain about. I'll leave that for everyone else for now.

I just want to say thank you for finally giving us a regular system of measurement in the test garage. It is so nice to fully understand what a meter actually is in this game, now.

With that, I have said we needed a speedometer from the first ride I took in this game. Thank you, even if it is a work-in-progress, for the speedometer.

There are many other good things I may carry on about later. And there are several points I don't like.

But, right now - thank you, devs.

• Upvote 2

i hope this "deluxe with map" thing stops right here, we buy packs to pay your team to update the game, now if someone wants this "skin" we have to pay for it (i know some of the features like training area is in the default map) but i really hope this doesnt be the beginning of paid maps, and you guys will be unable to use your day one excuse "But you can buy from the market"

• Upvote 6

This update broke the Control 17 map for incinerators by apparently making the skybox ridiculously low. I'm not yet sure if other maps have similar issues.

screenshot-190228-140243.thumb.jpg.38452

I'm sure this also effects drake and GLs.

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Steel_Artist said:

It's about time you guys made lances' damage speed based. Previously, it didn't really matter if one payed attention to the map, stayed with the team, or any of the other "counters" as even if one avoided the initial strike from the lancer...all they had to do was turn around a bit and still get full/almost full damage by casually bumping into their target. Hopefully now they will take more effort to use and if they use boosters to get the speed  , then that is  just is all the better for three reasons:

• Hitting with lances with the use of boosters actually does require some effort due to the limitations it makes on turning. They could use drifting thrusters to boost while turning, but same thing applies.
• Can't be cloaked while boosting. The sound also gives them away
• use of boosters means they can't have as many lances

U talking bs. Do you realize the maximum bonus on speed is 70% while it was 90% before?

do you realize there is 100km/h cap on dmg and anything above that makes no difference at all?

i played  a couple thousand battles with lancer booster build and i know how HARD it is . they say it is skill base? SO WHY IS THERE CAP ON BONUS? isnt it more difficult to hit anything except wall obstacles trees sand water bumps holes at 200km/h than 100? do you realize that due to BUGGED EXPLOSION MECHANICS light lancer build will fly over huge spider build after hitting it with 1 or two lances?

you think it is that easy to hold boost point at enemy and blast him? I PLAYED THOUSANDS BATTLES with lancer build with boosters and it is very HARD.

i was supporting bonus dmg of lances to be based on speed....but BASED ON SPEED NOT capped to 100km/h in game with broken mechanics and NEW LAWS OF PHYSICS

HAVE A LOOK ON PRICE OF LANCES atm. does it say anything to you??

Edited by cyklotron
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OHBoyNope said:

I have no sympathy for lance builds, least with hovers you need skill to use them but lances not so much, you do need situational awareness with lances though. But if it was up to me I would require Lancelot to take up 3 energy and blue spears 2 energy so this update to lances I welcome as lances were almost always a guarantee 1 to 2 kills per match unless the player was useless with them which happens! Time to move on to a weapon with skill base now?

You clearly dont know what you talking about. I played thousands of battles with lancer build with boosters and it was rare that i had 2 kills. Maybe you thinking about builds with 14 lancelots? Guess what . HOVERS dont need energy but BOOSTERS DO. to catch a hover before i needed even 6 hermes boosters on light build with 380hp. So at best i had 7-8 lances if not only 6 because of cloak and engine. How many kills you can get with 6 lances? Do you realise you cant be cloaked while boosting and hovers can instastrafe out of the way?

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, cyklotron said:

U talking bs. Do you realize the maximum bonus on speed is 70% while it was 90% before?

do you realize there is 100km/h cap on dmg and anything above that makes no difference at all?

i played  a couple thousand battles with lancer booster build and i know how HARD it is . they say it is skill base? SO WHY IS THERE CAP ON BONUS? isnt it more difficult to hit anything except wall obstacles trees sand water bumps holes at 200km/h than 100? do you realize that due to BUGGED EXPLOSION MECHANICS light lancer build will fly over huge spider build after hitting it with 1 or two lances?

you think it is that easy to hold boost point at enemy and blast him? I PLAYED THOUSANDS BATTLES with lancer build with boosters and it is very HARD.

i was supporting bonus dmg of lances to be based on speed....but BASED ON SPEED NOT capped to 100km/h in game with broken mechanics and NEW LAWS OF PHYSICS

HAVE A LOOK ON PRICE OF LANCES atm. does it say anything to you??

To me this seems like a good thing.  I'm ashamed to say I've used booster lance builds, and they were some of the easiest matches I've ever played.  Sorry to hear that your crutch broke.

And cool it with the caps lock brother.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, OHBoyNope said:

Woody has a point it just increases the resources you get doesn't increase a players skill or kill count so p2w theory of yours is ridiculous! P2w means just that, you pay to win pay for more resources doesn't equate to winning, least not in this game! 

AHAHAHAHAH.

do you know that what you say only apply to balanced games? CROSSOUT ISNT balanced. U can spend real cash and get instantly acces to all overperforming items in the game. Including relics and play at 5k ps. 

5 minutes ago, BrandonBranders said:

To me this seems like a good thing.  I'm ashamed to say I've used booster lance builds, and they were some of the easiest matches I've ever played.  Sorry to hear that your crutch broke.

And cool it with the caps lock brother.

you played asicaly 10% of the matches i played. I think you dont know what you talking about. perhaps you thinking about up to 5k ps. 

9 minutes ago, cyklotron said:

you played asicaly 10% of the matches i played. I think you dont know what you talking about. perhaps you thinking about up to 5k ps. 

Does the amount of matches played really matter when I say it's an extremely easy way to play, and you, the more experienced in the matter, say it's really hard?  Shouldn't that be the other way around?  Maybe you're just not very good at it?  I'm pretty bad at this game admittedly, and when a person who is bad at the game can pick up and play this kind of build with no trouble whatsoever, that means that it doesn't require much skill.  Usually 7k by the way.  That being said I don't use these builds anymore because I started to feel bad about it because I know how frustrating it is to face them.

When you take a look at this thread, notice that you're the only one who has a problem with this.  I mean really, it's only 20% of the bonus damage that was removed.  It's still going to be extremely easy to get kills with this type of build.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cyklotron said:

do you know that what you say only apply to balanced games? CROSSOUT ISNT balanced. U can spend real cash and get instantly acces to all overperforming items in the game. Including relics and play at 5k ps. 

And you should be able to do that if you feel like dropping thousands on a video game. Hell, as far as I'm concerned the whales that do that just pay for the F2P players.

Face it lancers did not require skill beyond reading the map and driving.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Anyone knows where is the last camera? Me and some friends have been 6 hours and we have 75/76 (we managed to destroy the bugged one in market). If anyone can help it would be appreciated. 

12 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Clans and clan battles

Good changes.:)

New relic weapons!

Cool. I am hoping that their price tag will settle at more reasonable values once the uranium changes had time to show effect.

I really love the animation of the recoil on the CC-18 Typhoon. Please try to keep recoil more realistic like that. I especially like how the barrel moves into itself. Great job.

Now “Custom battle” is available to everyone!

Great! :)

Banners and patches

• The mechanics of sequential unlocking of challenges from the subsections “Missions” and “Raids” have been removed. Now players can complete challenges from these subsections in any order.
  • Now, assistance in destruction is also taken into account in the progress of tasks to destroy enemies in missions and raids. Requirements for the number of enemies destroyed will be proportionally increased

Great! :)

Crossout — pack “Horsemen of Apocalypse: War” (Deluxe bundle)

I really like the idea of garage customization. Sadly neither the pack nor the theme of the garage fits my personal taste but be assured I am interested if you happen to have something more to my liking. :)

Although i have to say Deluxe feels quite overpriced. 10 Euros sound more like a reasonable price increase.

Adventure

Excellent.

Garage and test drive

I really like the idea of garage customization. More garages please!

Also more testing opportunities please. Add a  flat high speed area where we can accelerate to full speed even if it takes a bit of time.

Added the ability to reset the progress of the “Awakening” story missions. The corresponding button is located on the screen with a description of the mode. Attention! The option to reset the progress is unlocked only after the completion of the “Awakening” storyline! Repeating the storyline gives you a smaller reward.

Thank you. Replay ability was badly missing.:)

Weapons

‘Lancelot’ explosives

Great change! :)

Hardware

Radar “Oculus VI”

The radius of the detection of invisible enemies increased from 125 to 150 m.

Developer comment: The current range of the “Oculus” is not enough to fight invisible enemies. Often, due to their high speed, players with a radar do not have enough time to respond. Increasing the detection range of invisible enemies will fix this. In the future, we plan to discuss additional changes for this radar.

Good. I still think you should rework it in a way that allows it to be hidden inside your vehicle. It is shockingly fragile for something that has to be exposed like that.

It imho also needs more radar range, possible equal to the radar detector.

Blue radar = Maximum radar range

Blue radar detector: Reduced radar range but gains detection behind obstacles

Oculus: Same radar range as radar detector but only cloak detection and no detection behind obstacles.

Engine “Golden Eagle”

Changed the unique feature of the engine. Now the engine increases the maximum speed of the tracks and augers by 10 km/h.

Developer comment: At the moment, the unique feature of the "Golden Eagle" is in little demand. We decided to change it so that this engine would better meet the needs of heavy armoured vehicles.

Contrary to a few people complaining here... I think that the new perk is much better overall.

I however agree that it should have been on a new engine instead.

Movement

Auger “Meat Grinder”

• Auger damage increased by 25%.
  • Maximum travel speed increased from 50 to 60 km/h. 

Developer Comment: The current efficiency of the augers is fairly low. This is largely due to the low damage and the complexity of its application due to the low speed of movement. Changes are intended to correct these shortcomings.

That was quite a significant buff... even more so if you consider the usage of Golden Eagle. This should hopefully make Augers a more common sight.

Developer comment: At the moment, the efficiency of hovers is still overvalued at low PS rates. A small decrease in durability will allow equating hovers with other movement parts at low PS, while on high PS, a decrease in durability is compensated for by the possibility of installing a larger number of hovers

I think you should make a hard decision. Kill sideway hovers.... then we can properly balance normal - better looking - ones. Both of those cannot exist without one beeing op or the other being obsolete.

Also make hovers suffer much more severaly from recoil. Firing Twin CC-18 Typhoons should be a BIG NO on ANY hover.

Part Names and Descriptions

Changed the names of the following parts

I like. :)

Changed the descriptions of all the above parts. Also, the descriptions have been changed for the following parts:

I like. :)

Interface

• Added a speedometer that displays the current speed of your armoured vehicle in km / h. 

endlich.jpg

FINALLY! THANK YOU! :):):):):):):)

You might want to move it a bit farther away from the map though. Right now some map sizes block the view to the numbers.

13 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Attention! The speedometer operates in test mode. In the future, improvements are possible both in their functionality and in appearance.

• Added display of maximum speed in the descriptions of cabins, chassis, as well as in the window with information about the current car.
  • The technology tree interface has been improved:
    • When you click parts with the LMB or RMB, a context menu appears with all the available actions (quick buy/sell, view characteristics and go to the trading menu).
    • Now the sorting of weapons in the technology tree corresponds to the sorting of parts in storage.
  • Improved visual display of weapon durability
    • For parts whose initial durability is less than 400 units, a loss of 50% durability results in the weapon starting to spark.
    • For parts whose initial durability is higher than 400 units, a loss of 44% of durability results in the appearance of weak sparks. The loss of 67% durability enhances the effect of sparks. The Fat Man, Judge, Tsunami, Mammoth, Executioner, Mandrake and Hurricane guns also emit smoke when they lost 67% of their durability.

AWESOME! :):)

Reworked the way the information about explosive damage in the characteristics window of explosive modules is displayed.

I am sorry, but this seems like a downgrade? What happened to blast range? Blast damage?

Also finally buff the Scavenger "Heavy Generator". It is still uncompetive as is Trucker.

Miscellaneous

• The maximum possible number of spaces in the storage increased from 600 to 700.

Thx.

• Added new music tracks for loading screens. 

Adding horns or new music is always nice. Having a preview in the update notes would be even better.

• Improved movement sound effects on various surfaces.
  • Optimized effects from the shooting of a Mandrake howitzer and tower cannons.
  • The effect of the unique feature of Lancelot explosives has been improved.
  • The location of the objects on the “Founders Canyon” and “Broken Arrow” maps has been improved.
  • Optimized effects when using low graphics settings.
  • Improved a number of texts and descriptions.

Very good.

OVERALL.... this has to be the best update since the beginning of open beta. GREAT JOB! :)

Now... if you could finally offer some sleek science fiction like cabin customisation like for the Growl for epic cabins... I could throw you some money.

11 hours ago, Drawl said:

Trucker cabin is still horrible,

This cant be said often enough.

11 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

Grinder still sucks

Actually I think they might be underestimated right now. They are now capable of up to 70 km/h of speed in

forward

left

and right

direction.

That is pretty agile... and the increase in melee damage also is not that insignificant for a weapon of last resort.

Time will tell... but imho their potential has just vastly increased. Hovers being toned down also certainly helps.

10 hours ago, yashasupercow99 said:

All we want's some craftable weapon,or cabin not some relic which took forever to grind

Agreed. I really hope that the upcoming Knight Rider event will see a few more unique weapons and not just other rarities of existing ones.

10 hours ago, Trashmaster66 said:

For those who complain about the Trucker cabin: it is actually a good one with high mass limit stop looking at the energy all the time a cabin is a lot more than just energy.

1. Due to various gameplay mechanics energy tends to be the single most important stat for any cabin. It takes very significant advantages to overcome this drawback.
  2. To bad that Trucker doesnt have any significant advantages over competing cabins:

image.thumb.png.7305e40ca28ca2829f7a7bf7

image.thumb.png.f4b45986e375d9e63500eca1

image.thumb.png.8e49265063b557139e05e8ff

image.thumb.png.940f3766db167257e584cbfc

image.thumb.png.4ca9667d7798230e3f4059a9

image.thumb.png.6980931c0535f971fd32740f

image.thumb.png.b0f71a9eedccff972e247b45

3. At the end of the day trucker has 400 kg over Carapace... and is 10 km/h faster. It requires at  a generator to have the same energy as competing similar cabins, reducing this 400kg advantage and also making it by far the most power score inefficient rare cabin. Jawbreaker has just 50 kg less tonnage net and while 2450 kg more mass limit net seem nice you have to consider that you are going to spend a lot of it on movement thanks to poor tonnage.

4. The Trucker is in the hard place between the Carapace - which does most things better and few things slightly worse - and the Jawbreaker which has a better profile, more energy and a better tonnage to mass limit ratio. In english... it is very hard to find valuable things that a trucker can carry that a Jawbreaker cannot, let alone Carapace. Especially if you consider Trucker giant cabin size that makes protecting it more expensive and difficult.

5. Then we have the Pilgrim, which while the poorest in carry capacity, isnt much worse than Jawbraker while being notable faster and having - a sadly still hidden stat - quite significant engine power for its maximum mass, making it - in theory - more nimble.

6. If you think in terms of classes... both Trucker and Carapace are super heavy.... Jawbreaker is heavy leaning heavy and Pilgrim is medium leaning heavy.

7. Trucker could easily have 10 energy... it would still struggle to be viable but far less so than right now. Or how about giving it more top speed? Trucks are technically faster than tanks and APCs. I think a slow accelerating but relative high speed trucker could give the cabin a better role.

Trucker would take a while to reach top speed of maybe 80... but it would maintain current speed pretty good.

8. Buff it devs. It is well past time.

11 hours ago, szefopl said:

Yep, a great perk replaced with useless +10km max speed that wont change anything for tracks/augers but destroyed golden eagle, even the previous perk was a lot better for such builds as they are more stationary and that +20% module reload and mass at the same time was great with chameleon and aegis reloading thus better protecting those builds than a pathetic 10 km max speed more....

10 km/h is not insignificant. Especially not for slower movement parts:

- Small tracks = 90 --> 100 km/h
- Hardened Tracks = 70 ->- 80 km/h
- Armored Tracks = 50 --> 60 km/h
- Goliath Tracks = 45 ---> 55 km/h
- Augers = 60 --> 70 km/h

The old engine and perk simple where very unpopular. As indicated by a terrible market price.

9 hours ago, RomulusS_ said:

They should have just uped the PS nothing more, the complaint was low PS OPness. that could have been fixed with uping the PS.

That is simple not correct. A PS raise alone was always insufficient to adress hovers underlying issues and I am happy that devs understand that. 

9 hours ago, szefopl said:

Full post with issue described, we need FULL HARDWARE PARAMETERS IN GAME

Yes please!

9 hours ago, Spedemix said:

I went and did a bunch of PvP matches with my Tsunami Spider build. I wanted to see how well would I do against the new Typhoon cannon. The result is: I haven't won a single match against a team if they had single Typhoon player in their team. If the enemy team had multiple Typhoon players, they'd simply roll over us. I think i've won one match where both teams had a single Typhoon player. 

Maybe the players are still adjusting to this new weapon but my first impression I've had so far is it is very difficult to combat them. Or maybe it's me who tends to die the moment he cannot control his craft anymore, be it Typhoon stun or wedge.

I just dont get whats so powerful about them? Exhibition is already full of "too weak relic cannon" stuff.

Even if we assume that the perk stacks... is that really such a big issue? Singular hits wont put you out of order for any significant period of time and it has the same long reload as Tsunami. Of course assuming it stacks and assuming you eat fire from 2/3 of the enemy team... it could be painful but then realistically if you it take fire from so many sources... your life expectancy is measured in seconds anyway.

What I mean to say is... if you have 6 tsunami users broadside you, it does not require any perk at all to nuke your butt into oblivion.

4 hours ago, Nailes said:

Making meagrinders faster is a good  change, but I feel they still need a little bit more speed.

I am not sure about that. Any faster and they might become a bit too good, not to mention that they then would lean towards fast movement parts instead of medium/heavy. Further buffs should maybe focus on durability instead.

4 hours ago, Nailes said:

I also see that you intend to change harvesters again, pretty crap intention.

There are several problems right now:

1. Compared to lower rarity melee weapons, harvester lacks a notable drawback: Lower rarity melee is about slowly grinding your enemy to death taking a lot of return fire in the process for which those melee weapons are very durable. Meanwhile harvester is not only much more durable but has literally magnitudes more damage and is almost impossible to get away from. Against lower rarity melee you not only have much more survival time but proper movement can greatly reduce the amount of melee weapons in contact with your vehicle, greatly reducing damage output. Harverster not only sticks like glue to your vehicle, it also has suffcient damage output to grind through anything in sub 10 seconds.

Harvester in many ways is a oneshot weapon.... if it makes contact with you you are basically dead. That is not only unlike other active melee but also just a bit extreme with little in terms of viable counterplay.

2. Harvester current state makes ANY AND ALL lower rarity melee completly obsolete. A harvester will win against any other melee... all the time in any situation. You can spend all your cash on even chainsaws... yet a single harvester will literally crush you no matter what.

The devs stated goal for the melee rework was to make melee a viable weapon.... they failed to achieve that for blue and purple melee... mostly because harvester is just plain better in any situation and at any PS range. Harvester which always was at least somewhat viable however benefited by far the most from those "buffs".

17 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Face it lancers did not require skill beyond reading the map and driving.

Quoted For Truth

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

I just dont get whats so powerful about them? Exhibition is already full of "too weak relic cannon" stuff.

Assume that of 6 people shooting at you when you're using wheels and on the move that only one can hit you. Now, for 1 second you lose control allowing all of them to hit you. That's rather significant.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah on closer look it seems the Typhoon is really a spider killer above everything else. This thing eats Tsunami Spiders for breakfast but it isn't quite as unbeatable against other builds.

Like others have said, this is indeed a really good update! Nice work devs!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Welcome to the World of Cross tanks!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1