I highly doubt my ideas will be heard, but if you never try, you never know.

So here are two of my ideas regarding new games modes that I'd love to see in Crossout.

1. Assault / Defense mode
In this mode, one team defends and other team attacks. No base capping and perhaps 10 minute time limit or maybe even 15. Higher rewards based on time and your score.
Defending team, has ability to build / place 1 turret (like in raids) and 2 walls in close proximity of their base. Walls should be nearly indestructible (so that enemy team can't just camp and snipe the walls). Defenders will also have a repair zone, where their vehicle gets repaired (only the parts that haven't fallen off can be repaired, if part falls off, they cannot be replaced) and defending team has only 1 life, once you die, you can't respawn.

Attacking team is same as in any other match, but they have 3 lives each, so they can respawn. No repair zone for attackers.

Not sure about mandrakes tho, I think limiting usage of mandrake would be rather lame, so perhaps defending team should have a dome shield that protects the main area against long range bombarding.
So idea is that defending team has to camp and defend their base as well as possible and attacking team has to breach the base and either destroy all defenders or have at least 3 vehicles inside their base for 30 seconds or so to win the match. Defending team's only way to win is to simply destroy all attackers.

2. Classic Survival mode
This mode should have PvP and PvE options. in PvP, it will be 16 players (or as many as servers can handle on single map). First all players will be spawned with their own builds and it will be free 4 all, until one player dies. Then survival starts, the player who died first, will get a simple raider vehicle and his job is to attack all other players, he has unlimited respawns. When next player dies, he will be turned into a raider too. This continues until all survivors have been turned into raiders. Raider players earn points by dealing damage to survivor players and survivors will earn points by simply surviving the longest. There should be NO time limit (or maybe 60 minutes, in case someone glitches out of map).

PvE mode should be nearly the same, with only difference that it's considered as raid, you need fuel to enter (perhaps 100 fuel) and all players will be vs random bot raiders. You will simply face hordes of raiders.
Bots should be normal durability and not bullet sponges like they were in the x-mas heist. There should be no waves, just endless horde of raiders spawning in random spawn points across the map. Raiders should also be mixed and not one faction. This mode should give you raid rewards, such as copper, plastic and electronics (based on how long you survive, maybe first 10 mins gives copper, then copper + plastic and finally copper + plastic + electronics).

I really hope developers will consider these game modes. It would make game so much more fun.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Good suggestion opening up to gather more feedback.

I like the sound of the game modes. Not too keen to the game time.  As we know we get lags and get dropped too often.  If we can get back to the same battles if we do get dropped.  Then we have to think about how to keep players in losing side. Not all players willing to see to the end of a losing battle.

I like those ideas.

I like the PVE survival raid. A bit less the PVP one but  it could still be fun.

For assault/defense I think that placing turrets and structures may be a bit too complicated. Repairs seem also hard to add. In adventure more, repairing mean just respawning and repair works in battle royale because no part is ever destroyed.

Personally for an assault/defense game I would do the following: Defending team has 1 life and must protect the point for a given time and appear on the point to defend.

Attacking team has infinite respawn but with a 30 sec respawning time.

Attacking team wins by capturing the point (killing everyone is not enough)

Defending team win when the timer runs out (shorter than for normal matches, must be carefully chosen to be balanced).

On 3/14/2019 at 1:51 PM, Zergor256 said:

I like the PVE survival raid. A bit less the PVP one but  it could still be fun.

For assault/defense I think that placing turrets and structures may be a bit too complicated. Repairs seem also hard to add. In adventure more, repairing mean just respawning and repair works in battle royale because no part is ever destroyed.

Personally for an assault/defense game I would do the following: Defending team has 1 life and must protect the point for a given time and appear on the point to defend.

Attacking team has infinite respawn but with a 30 sec respawning time.

Attacking team wins by capturing the point (killing everyone is not enough)

Defending team win when the timer runs out (shorter than for normal matches, must be carefully chosen to be balanced).

I don't think there's such thing as "too hard" in developing. We already have base mechanics for placing turrets, they'd just have to change it a little bit so that you can place the turrets and walls anywhere inside the area.

I have almost 3000 hours playtime in Crossout and I don't think that adding new packs and weapons is way to go, i'm starting to get bored of this capping, I would find this game a lot more fun with new awesome game modes. My personal favorite has always been survival mode, I always like playing them in every game. I really liked the x-mas special even too, but unfortunetely it got ruined by glitchers / cheaters who went outside map and the bullet sponge enemies after wave 30 were not fun either, but all in all I liked that mode and would like to have a dedicated survival mode.

A PvE mode facing waves of actual enemies (bots from pvp, or even random vehicle feature, could be used for this) instead of a pile of tiny bullet sponges would be very engaging, I think. The raiders continually becoming more difficult could make the mode a sort of proving grounds.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:35 PM, DominusPericulum said:

A PvE mode facing waves of actual enemies (bots from pvp, or even random vehicle feature, could be used for this) instead of a pile of tiny bullet sponges would be very engaging, I think. The raiders continually becoming more difficult could make the mode a sort of proving grounds.

If i'm correct, the reason why raiders are so tiny, is because their servers or our computers can't handle more parts. I remember a GM or someone from Gaijin saying something about it, that 80 parts per player is best the game can handle without issues (such as FPS lag or network lag), so that's 16 x 80 parts total in one match, however I agree that raiders are way too small. They can easily add either more raiders or more parts to existing raiders as we only have 4 players in a raid, there used to be 6 players, so we know that parts are not on the limit in raids. 

But I absolutely agree, those bullet sponge raiders are very boring and annoying, i'd rather fight a real build that is tough to destroy, but has normal damage resistance. Those "bosses" in raids are also a joke, they're easier and less dangerous than small raiders lol. for example turret raider can do some serious damage if you don't pay attention to it or the procupine raider, it can 1 shot players. Also the lance raiders can mess you up good if they get you in right place, but the boss?? They're joke...

Same with steel cradle, that leviathan is a joke, it's just a bullet sponge, but it's so easy to get. It has to be BIGGER like an actual leviathan with more guns. Maybe include player made leviathans in steel cradle.
Here's an idea for developers - why not let player leviathans also fight in Steel Cradle and earn electronics for wins? So if your leviathan wins in steel cradle, then you get electronics as reward, if leviathan wins in invasion, you get copper as usual.

• Upvote 2

I really like the Survival mode idea. Crossout needs more things to do.

Moreover, I wish I could control the bots of my team after dying in PvP matches. Anyone should be able to do this after they've been killed. I guess nobody is satisfied how the bots act.
Every 10 matches that only they leave in 11 they do absolutely nothing. Or when they rush alone and got stipped by the other team. Bonus kill.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:32 PM, Sethioz said:

Here's an idea for developers - why not let player leviathans also fight in Steel Cradle and earn electronics for wins? So if your leviathan wins in steel cradle, then you get electronics as reward, if leviathan wins in invasion, you get copper as usual. 

Very good idea, I think there will be more fun and more coins!!

On 5/13/2019 at 4:36 PM, jackksparroww said:

I really like the Survival mode idea. Crossout needs more things to do.

Moreover, I wish I could control the bots of my team after dying in PvP matches. Anyone should be able to do this after they've been killed. I guess nobody is satisfied how the bots act.
Every 10 matches that only they leave in 11 they do absolutely nothing. Or when they rush alone and got stipped by the other team. Bonus kill.

Yeah i've recommended this too on my videos, that you should be able to control bots after you die. Also bots should listen to player commands, such as "attack!" or "defend here". If many players give commands, they do what majority of players say. if 2 players say stay and 1 says go, then bots stay. Also only the bots in your vicinity should listen, apart from when you say "need help" then all bots who are currently not getting attacked, should come to your aid.

..and bots path finding is also complete nonsense, they often just pile up on a wall and keep humping it like no tomorrow. but i think that's discussion for another topic.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:05 AM, Sethioz said:

1. Assault / Defense mode

I think you need to add more variables to that(power plants that need to be destroyed, towers etc.), otherwise players gonna be camping too much. Basically at this point defence need to stand and camp while avoiding mandrakes, too simple of a demand I guess.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:05 AM, Sethioz said:

2. Classic Survival mode

This mode has too little rules, I think to make it  a "fun mode" and not "troll mode" we should add penalty points to the survivors if one of them dies so they would actually stand for each other and not push someone or use someone as a piece of armor. 

PS: With all to you respect Sethioz, you suck and your ideas are crap, but I love your videos tho :yes_yes_yes:

On 5/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, ecele said:

I think you need to add more variables to that(power plants that need to be destroyed, towers etc.), otherwise players gonna be camping too much. Basically at this point defence need to stand and camp while avoiding mandrakes, too simple of a demand I guess.

This mode has too little rules, I think to make it  a "fun mode" and not "troll mode" we should add penalty points to the survivors if one of them dies so they would actually stand for each other and not push someone or use someone as a piece of armor. 

PS: With all to you respect Sethioz, you suck and your ideas are crap, but I love your videos tho :yes_yes_yes:

Game ideas rarely work out exactly as original idea, that's why testing would be required. look how many times they have changed raids. But that's why attackers get 3 respawns or maybe even more, depending on how much of a camping contest it'll be.

The penalty in survival mode wouldn't really work, because idea of survival is that EVERYONE DIES at end, whoever survives the longest, will be the winner and gets highest rewards. The longer you survive, the higher the reward. It's common sense to protect others tho, the more players you have alive, the higher chance you have to survive longer and the longer you survive, the higher the rewards .. so pushing someone out to die, would also result screwing your own chances. However it must have some sort of check that kicks you out if you're last one alive and haven't given or taken any damage for like 5 minutes, because obviously that would mean you have glitched into a place where others can't get you.

about your PS, stop being a jelly. my ideas are the best ;)