BjKalderon

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.35

gotta throw some sticks at the coin traders. nice.

but i dont think its gonna stop them, maybe slow them down a bit

Edited by forc3dinduction

BjKalderon (Posted )

We will keep monitoring the market and see if the following changes will proove to be efficient enough. The additional correction will be implemented later (if necessary).

screenshot-190314-033605.thumb.jpg.6a6e7

I'm serious, there are already plenty of typhoon and punisher blueprints among the exhibition, probably I'm the only player who gave it a try.

At least give it Hammerfall's ellipse spread and reconsider the perk.

BjKalderon (Posted )

As you can see, the main focus of this update is to imrpove the client stability implemented the necessary corrections to the trade mechanic on the market. The work on the next update is already in progress;)
  • Confused 1

Yeah it's not gonna completely stop hacked acounts from being destroyed. But at least it stops stuff like this:

Spoiler

screenshot-181004-182102.jpg

Check the Cerberus vendor and buyer. This cycle went on for like four times in a period of 20 min.

3 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Yeah it's not gonna completely stop hacked acounts from being destroyed. But at least it stops stuff like this:

Reveal hidden contents

Check the Cerberus vendor and buyer. This cycle went on for like four times in a period of 20 min.

But this change may be harsh for those who continuously buy and sell stickers in order to complete the trail requests. XD

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Are you guys still using random time delay on trading items?

I do hope them players can go away and target other games. :014j:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

screenshot-190314-034928.thumb.jpg.1dc12

I don't quite understand, I bought 100 copper at 1.8 and tried to sell it at 1.79 and succeed?

Does it only work for parts, not resources?

Edited by Robocraftman

BjKalderon (Posted )

At the moment the changes are applied only to the parts, not resources.
  • Like 1

Do something useful instead:

* Change co-drovers to talent system - Offense / Defence / Utility and remove resource cost from them!!!!!!!!
* Spread all premium packs in factions as craftables
* Add tons of cosmetics / paints / whatever in cash shop, which will be unique and non-tradable - earn more money. I know that your designers can make great decors and things for this game so tons of people will buy them i'm pretty sure
* Remove hovers and legs from game! miss that time when we had only wheels and tracks, and augers are nice too
* Remove bots from PvP (we already have tons of PvE content) they ruin PvP: teammates are focusing bots for easy frags when you need help, bots are stupid AI... I know they are for matchmaking, but you can instead crop some maps and just play 5 vs 5 without bots... whats problem with that?

With these changes more players will join this game, including all my friends who uninstalled long time ago; more better reviews - more players - more cash you earn. 

Or can you just tell me where am I wrong? and why this P2W things are better than my option? I'm waiting

BjKalderon (Posted )

This update is not a major one and, as you can see, it doesn't include a lot of features. However, all of them are very important for the game, especially of we are talking about trading process on the market. The work on the next update is in progress and we also plan to release additional information quite soon.
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Jafarson said:

Do something useful instead:

* Change co-drovers to talent system - Offense / Defence / Utility and remove resource cost from them!!!!!!!!
* Spread all premium packs in factions as craftables
* Add tons of cosmetics / paints / whatever in cash shop, which will be unique and non-tradable - earn more money. I know that your designers can make great decors and things for this game so tons of people will buy them i'm pretty sure
* Remove hovers and legs from game! miss that time when we had only wheels and tracks, and augers are nice too
* Remove bots from PvP (we already have tons of PvE content) they ruin PvP: teammates are focusing bots for easy frags when you need help, bots are stupid AI... I know they are for matchmaking, but you can instead crop some maps and just play 5 vs 5 without bots... whats problem with that?

With these changes more players will join this game, including all my friends who uninstalled long time ago; more better reviews - more players - more cash you earn. 

Or can you just tell me where am I wrong? and why this P2W things are better than my option? I'm waiting

and maybe treat untradable items like they were of base rarity...have them not use storage space

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Honestly I don't understand the idea behind this update. There was already a price limit on stuff.
Love from Powerplant! 

BjKalderon (Posted )

The idea is to make the trade process on the market more fair. Now the player cannot put them up for sale at a price lower than the price for which the purchase was made for 20 hours, which means that now the market and, specifically, the trading process should be generally improved.

I logged in after the update and all my items and resources had been sold, it seems my account has been hacked, in these cases you roll back the account or just let the victim of the theft uninstall and then spend no more money on gaijin @BjKalderon ?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Please contact the technical support unit and describe the problem in detail, here's the link: https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/categories/200612042-CROSSOUT

Will the early April fools joke of the new lance perk end next patch? I am still completely unhappy with the current state of the Lancelot after the last major change.

BjKalderon (Posted )

At the moment there are no plans to change this perk. However, there's a number of balance changes (for other parts in the game) being developed for the next update.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

Hide contents

but you are the one who is profiting from this?

lol you want this to stop? then stop :)

Thanks, this was needed since some people think that XO market is a training ground for IRL markets.

The main appeal of this game is not make yourself rich at the cost of someone who doesn't have as much time to waste.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

BTW, cricket hover already ruined half the game, and it sounds like one of the cabins in Knight raider V event have something to do with the blast radius, please consider twice about that.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

If this behavior is an issue, why not deal with it directly rather than limiting everyone's options? If this is related to hacked accounts and coin transfers then it seems extremely easy to track. Perhaps you might temporarily or even permanently lock accounts that engage in suspicious activity.

I'm relatively new to Crossout, but I'm all ready skeptical about the market. I've noticed odd things such as how if I sell something too low it takes a while to update. I've wondered if there are bots that play the market, though I suspect that's just paranoia and other players trying to make some coin. Anyway the market does not have to be player driven. It could be completely controlled and regulated. I would suggest that you make a decision and go with one or the other.

Please deal directly with issues and not limit options if at all possible.

BjKalderon (Posted )

The following changes to the market add restrictions only for those players who are willingly involved in the suspicious operations on the market and therefore breaking the rules. Other players have nothing to worry about;)

1 hour ago, Komun1sT said:

but you are the one who is profiting from this?

lol you want this to stop? then stop :)

Players have the right to play the market like you'd play a real stock market: buy low, sell high. Accounts getting hacked has no direct causality in either direction.

If I didn't do this, this money would simply go for someone else (probably for the dude who actually hacked this guy's account). Now that money happens to go for me. In either case the guy with a hacked account is the one who loses here.

Me buying low or selling high will have no effect on whether accounts will get hacked. Me stopping to buy low and sell high will have no effect on it either. People's accounts get hacked anyway. Now the process of transferring coins of of a hacked account is made harder. And that is what I celebrate here.

• Upvote 3

Anything that makes hacker live more miserably is appreciated, good job devs.

19 minutes ago, membrain13 said:

If this behavior is an issue, why not deal with it directly rather than limiting everyone's options? If this is related to hacked accounts and coin transfers then it seems extremely easy to track. Perhaps you might temporarily or even permanently lock accounts that engage in suspicious activity.

I'm relatively new to Crossout, but I'm all ready skeptical about the market. I've noticed odd things such as how if I sell something too low it takes a while to update. I've wondered if there are bots that play the market, though I suspect that's just paranoia and other players trying to make some coin. Anyway the market does not have to be player driven. It could be completely controlled and regulated. I would suggest that you make a decision and go with one or the other.

Please deal directly with issues and not limit options if at all possible.

The harder part, is normal players.  Players trading 24 hours at their own time. There will be many normal players trading at the same time with the hackers.  Many would have made trades with the hackers.  Those players have done nothing wrong.  I am sure there are market bots on PC market run by some shady accounts. Many them shady accounts can most likely run for a very short time. It is how to pick out which accounts have done trades with them some from normal players and which are with the hacking team.    The real people benefit from hacking would act as normal unless they want to be ban. The only way is hide with other normal players.

24 minutes ago, Hogga__doesn_t_s said:

Why would people buy a thing then sell it for less? It's more that's a problem?

I'm happy if people buy stuff then sell it cheaper

That is why they are shady deals. Accounts try to transfer coins and items, which is strictly rules breaking. 

all that is granted Spedemix

But you are saying you are glad that this practice will be handicapped while showing that you are doing it yourself lol, not judging :)

In any case, this new limitation is almost pointless. Transfer of coins usually occurs by buying out all offers on a certain unpopular item and then dispersing them at the max value.

Selling lower is just silly and makes the coin transfer riskier and longer

It might be complicated to understand, here is what usually happens:

Victims account is sold completelly on the market, all items that can be sold. Only gold coins left.

Hacker then finds an item with not many offers, ie some paint and buys all lots.

Then places these lots on the market with inflated prices

Goes back to the victims account and buys these paints with the gold coins.

At this stage, other players who also have this paint can step in and interfere by placing their offers to sell, just under the hackers offers.

And to conclude, nowhere in this chain of events do I see the limitation of "cant sell lower than bought" be useful.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Just to clarify - the following changes do not concern the accounts that have been hacked in order to participate in breaking the rules of the market. They are aimed to create restrictions for those players who willingly participate in the suspicious operations and therefore interfere with the fair trade.

7 minutes ago, Komun1sT said:

But you are saying you are glad that this practice will be handicapped while showing that you are doing it yourself lol, not judging :)

And to conclude, nowhere in this chain of events do I see the limitation of "cant sell lower than bought" be useful.

1 - he's not doing it himself, he's playing the counterpart and profiting a little from the other trader.

2 - often these low quantity items are sold back and forth a few times with a pretty nice price gap. the bigger the gap, the faster the transfer is done and the less coins are lost to tax. to do this, the account to be emptied has to buy items at high price and then sell them back again to the main acc for a low price.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Komun1sT said:

In any case, this new limitation is almost pointless. Transfer of coins usually occurs by buying out all offers on a certain unpopular item and then dispersing them at the max value.

Selling lower is just silly and makes the coin transfer riskier and longer

It might be complicated to understand, here is what usually happens:

Victims account is sold completelly on the market, all items that can be sold. Only gold coins left.

Hacker then finds an item with not many offers, ie some paint and buys all lots.

Then places these lots on the market with inflated prices

Goes back to the victims account and buys these paints with the gold coins.

At this stage, other players who also have this paint can step in and interfere by placing their offers to sell, just under the hackers offers.

By limiting the ability to sell a bought item right away create a one way system. Now the item holder cannot sell that same item at a very low price.  That account have no choice but to hold the item for 20 hours.  This cuts the flow of a dummy account to run the transfer for the hacker's real account. With the dummy account still holding the hacked item:002j:. Where can they go? 

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

If I didn't do this, this money would simply go for someone else (probably for the dude who actually hacked this guy's account). Now that money happens to go for me. In either case the guy with a hacked account is the one who loses here.

U forgot or didn't know, some of those accounts are bots helping to secure and watch over market situation, some of those bots accounts looks almost like players, they buy and sell things to maintain market health, most of the time in a situation like on your screenshot its not a hacked player account, but a helpful bot.

Nevertheless i see this update as non issue for normal players, i don't see any reason a real player would buy something and sell it quickly for a lower price, that is, with a loss, its not normal, who does that, who want to lose coins...

Edited by szefopl

BjKalderon (Posted )

You are right - the following changes will not concern the players who participate in market trade in a fair way.
  • Like 1

love the feature

Edited by Sasherz