BjKalderon

[Developer blog] The Return of the Knight Riders

Nice new parts!

...but no update this week? :(

BjKalderon (Posted )

Not this week, but it's expected to arrive soon;)

>Everyone hype for MG14 Arbiter

>170 durability  - nope     its god for raids at best

only if you make it 4 energy and increased durability to like 230 then it would stand any chance in pvp

imp have similar problem but its a weapon that does not require exposing yourself for extended period of time and have a little bit more hp

harpy cabin - probably worst cabin , only high power might save it from being bad

phroton cabin - does this perk aplay to a parts that are heated up just a  bit or they need to be heated completely ?

Bastion , probably useless perk, would be god if " the front of vehicle takes less damage"

Pulsar- wow devs understood that noone using quasar because its so much of a target and make a smaler legendary version

rift 2m - another joke item - just like oculus

P-29 Protector  looks like the best item so far next to pulsar

Edited by alpha1q

BjKalderon (Posted )

Regarding your question about the Photon cabin - the increased damage depends on the part's heating level.
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

A cabin-centric Knechte, That's interesting. Looking forward to getting all of those cabins.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Thank you, you will be able to get those soon enough;)

3 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Unique feature: “All energy weapons deal 135% more damage to the heated parts.”

135% more damage means that heated parts will receive more than double the damage; 2.35X damage. This seems too powerful. I would understand if this said like 35% more or 50% more, but 135% seems a bit too much.

I like the Rift idea, can jetison Generator after losing some weapons, and opens some new building opportunities.

Edited by LazyInsight

BjKalderon (Posted )

The following bonus depends on the part's heating level and it requires some time and effort to use this perk for a maximum advantage. That said, we will keep closely monitoring the situation after those weapons and cabins are implemented.

This new stuff seems all great :D

But why only some of the stuff has pictures of them ?

Will u post more pictures later ?

BjKalderon (Posted )

The following pictures show the parts that are already finished. You'll be able to see the new cabins and weapons yourself very soon)
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LazyInsight said:

135% more damage means that heated parts will receive more than double the damage; 2.35X damage. This seems too powerful. I would understand if this said like 35% more or 50% more, but more than double seems a bit too much.

It will have low base damage just like Equalizer does. And Equalizer has 100% damage bonus, why 135% for legendary is bad then?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, KaSH_ said:

It will have low base damage just like Equalizer does. And Equalizer has 100% damage bonus, why 135% for legendary is bad then?

Because it is a cabin perk, so it applies to any energy weapon.

6 minutes ago, KaSH_ said:

He's talking about the cabin.

3 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Light cabin “Harpy”

Specifications:

• Rarity: epic.
  • PS: 1800.
  • Max. speed: 100 km / h.
  • Tonnage: 4500 kg.
  • Weight limit: 8500 kg.
  • Produced energy: 12 units.
  • Durability: 295 pts.
  • Mass: 1000 kg.
  • Unique feature: “Increases the amount of additional ammunition by 50%, and the radius of projectile explosions by 20%.”

*sigh* I guess thats another buff to hover cricckets now ..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 6

good news! since this event is in april, can we expect something to celebrate the 1st of april like last year?

BjKalderon (Posted )

I can't say much but yes, you can - stay tuned;)
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, LazyInsight said:

Because it is a cabin perk, so it applies to any energy weapon.

Sry, my mistake I was looking at the gun not the cabin.

I guess wait and see...

Edited by KaSH_
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, alpha1q said:

harpy cabin - probably worst cabin , only high power might save it from being bad

Joking right? Of the three it's the best by a long way, and probably the only one that will be viable for high PS and CW. Going to need a max mass fuse tho I guess!

Those legendary miniguns tho...put 3 of them plus laser on a hover with a favorite cabin, add add 2-3 fuzed radiators (maybe a cloak), and you should be pretty much able to keep firing all xxxx day with something like up to 270% maximum damage boost...sounds workable in pvp, and absolutely broken in raids... :-)
I guess i need to sell some stuff to get all those coins together for three of those plus all those cabins...

Edited by FRMZT

Hmmm, would have loved to see new concepts, but these are mostly straight upgrades (nice job tho). 

And say hello to the new cricket meta everyone, ROCKETS EVERYWHERE. Guess this is Osmozi his wet dream coming true

Edited by MomIsAgamerGirl

BjKalderon (Posted )

Well, apart from the new stats, the following weapons and cabins have interesting perks, which can be used in a variety of ways in battles. Also, "Rift 2M" offers a brand new gameplay mechanic.
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I sincerely hope you guys consider twice about Harpy’s perk, hover cricket is completely killing this game, devastating damage at any range and not bad survivability thanks to hover’s supreme mobility and cricket’s small hit box. And the explosive perk will only make it worse.

BjKalderon (Posted )

It's worth saying that the blast radius is not the same parameter as blast damage and it doesn't have a direct influence on the damage as well.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 4

Lightweight minigun “MG14 Arbiter"

Real? Arbiter? This guy s**ks!

Nice work. Sounds good. 

Edited by *ZSD74
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll give a more detailed opinion now:

Cabins

Spoiler

4 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Light cabin “Harpy”

Specifications:

• PS: 1800.
  • Max. speed: 100 km / h.
  • Tonnage: 4500 kg.
  • Weight limit: 8500 kg.
  • Durability: 295 pts.
  • Mass: 1000 kg.
  • Unique feature: “Increases the amount of additional ammunition by 50%, and the radius of projectile explosions by 20%.”

Resources and parts required for production (preliminary):

• 650 units of scrap metal
  • 600 units of wires
  • 600 units of copper
  • 300 talers
  • 250 units of plastic
  • 2 cabins “Bat”
  • 2 engines “Dun horse”
  • 2 “Twin wheels”

Launch your “Harpy” from the hangar even on a stormy day to make the enemies fear you and the allies respect you. Fit for regular raids. A fast and light cabin boosts your ammunition reserves and explosion damage.

Weight limit seems too low, i get it's a light cabin and all, but why would I choose it over Torero?
The good thing is that whatever you use you probably will need less ammo packs (probably wont need them at all with phoenixes). I would make a interesting combo with pulsar. But probably will be best used with Phoenixes but I'm not so sure because phoenixes are heavy, while the cab has low mass.

Spoiler

Medium cabin “Photon”

Specifications:

• PS: 1500.
  • Max. speed: 80 km / h.
  • Tonnage: 5000 kg.
  • Weight limit: 13000 kg.
  • Durability: 335 pts.
  • Mass: 2000 kg.
  • Unique feature: “All energy weapons deal 135% more damage to the heated parts.”

• 600 units of wires
  • 600 units of copper
  • 300 talers
  • 250 units of plastic
  • 2 cabins “Pilgrim”
  • 2 generators “Big G”
  • 2 coolers “CS Taymyr”

This cabin was removed from a cargo planetary rover, which successfully worked on the surface of another celestial body. When it returned, it became a model for teaching the younger generation of engineers, and after the disaster, it also attracted Dawn's Children attention. It has a relatively high weight limit and durability for the cabins of this type.

If the leaks i've seen are right it should look like the epic version of DC's blue cabin. Everything seems fine. Get a teammate with incinerators and you're golden.

Spoiler

Heavy cabin “Bastion”

Specifications:

• PS: 1500
  • Max. speed: 60 km / h.
  • Tonnage: 9000 kg.
  • Weight limit: 20000 kg.
  • Gives energy: 11 units.
  • Durability: 495 pts.
  • Mass: 4500 kg.
  • Unique feature: “The blade in the front of the cabin has increased resistance to all types of damage, except for energy damage”.

• 600 units of wires
  • 600 units of copper
  • 300 talers
  • 250 units of plastic
  • 2 cabins “Trucker”
  • 2 wheels “Lunar IV”
  • 2 shotguns “Sledgehammer”

A modified cabin of a tracked bulldozer which is a perfect fit for the heavy machinery meant to clear blockades and form pathways through the city ruins for the Brotherhood's primary forces. Incredible power and tonnage are offset by low speed.

I like it, but don't understand the lack of energy resistance. Will definitely be a superb cabin to snipe and push through. The weight limit is also generous, getting on par with humpback.

Summary on cabins:

I can't shake off the feeling that craftable cabins generally have worse perks/stats than pack cabins. (check torero, favorite, echo).
Weapons

Spoiler

Frontal machine gun “P-29 Protector”

Specifications: 

• PS: 705.
  • Durability: 185 pts.
  • Energy consumption: 3 pts.
  • Mass: 170 kg.
  • Unique feature: “Each hit on the enemy increases damage resistance of the Protector by 2%. The effect lasts for 1 sec. and stacks up to 10 times”.

• 600 units of wires
  • 600 units of copper
  • 300 talers
  • 250 units of plastic
  • 2 machine guns “ST-M23 Defender”
  • 2 microfactories “Genesis”
  • 2 “Chained wheel (ST)”

An excellent density of fire. Increased damage resistance. Limited firing angles.

You told us you'd give us a craftable epic machinegun and you did, perk is nice, nothing to complain about.

Spoiler

Lightweight minigun “MG14 Arbiter”

Arbiter.jpg

• Rarity: legendary.
  • PS: 975.
  • Durability: 170 pts.
  • Energy consumption: 3 pts.
  • Mass: 260 kg.
  • Unique feature: “The longer the gun shoots, the higher the damage. In 10 sec. of continuous shooting, damage increases by 150%.”

• 1350 units of scrap metal
  • 800 units of electronics
  • 1350 units of copper
  • 500 talers
  • 800 units of batteries
  • 2 miniguns “MG13 Equalizer”
  • 2 weapon boosters “Tormentor”
  • 1 plasma emitter “Prometheus V”

Three-barrelled minigun. Designed for dense firing with medium accuracy. It takes time to spool up the barrels.

Good looking weapon with a yikes tier health pool. A very direct upgrade of equalizer, even the perk.

Spoiler

Plasma gun “Pulsar”

Pulsar.jpg

Specifications:

• Rarity: legendary.
  • PS: 1950.
  • Ammunition: 16 pcs.
  • Durability: 850 pts.
  • Energy consumption: 6 pts.
  • Mass: 950 kg.
  • Unique feature: “For every 100 m, passed by the projectile, the radius of its explosion increases by 0.25 m.”

• 1350 units of scrap metal
  • 800 units of electronics
  • 1350 units of copper
  • 500 talers
  • 800 units of batteries
  • 2 plasma guns “Quasar”
  • 2 wheel drones “Fuse”
  • 1 drone “MD-3 Owl”

Tireless inventors from Dawn's Children continue to develop their series of plasma guns. “Pulsar” is a logical continuation of “Quasar”, working at the maximum range with maximum accuracy.

I'll be definitely getting those, i love perks that increase with distance, i just hope the projectile speed is higher that the quasar so the perk can be put to good use.

Also, question: 0.25 m = 1 building square?

Summary on weapons:

Looking good, but do increase the HP on arbiter.

Modules

Spoiler

New module — “Rift 2M”

Specifications: 

• Rarity: rare.
  • PS: 185.
  • Durability: 15 pts.
  • Mass: 35 kg.

• 600 units of scrap metal
  • 300 units of copper
  • 150 talers
  • 3 boosters “B-1 Aviator”
  • 2 cabins “WWT1”
  • 2 Shotguns “Lupara”

It seems that even the hardened knechte appreciate good jokes. Otherwise, how do you explain the creation of this unit? When activated, the squibs located in the module detonate, and all parts attached to the device are disengaged from the car. Does not deal damage.

If i understand it right this is good for fusion builds that let's you disengage part of your build from the support structure you you can place your vehicle fusion part higher and then disengage from the support structure. Nice addition, I'm glad it doesn't take energy. This will be great news for gromek.

Appendix

Make a legendary autocannon that fires like whirlwinds, cyclones are cool but unaccurate in long distances when used how they are supposed to be used.

When will we get the next part of adventure mode storyline? And maybe new weapons, maybe something like a purple carabin...?

Edited by Yurker

BjKalderon (Posted )

Thank you for sharing the detailed feedback, Yurker! Regarding you question about the next part for the Adventure mode - it's not planned in the nearest future, however we are working on a number of improvements and new features for it. They are expected to be included in one of the nearest updates.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alpha1q said:

harpy cabin - probably worst cabin ,

i missed the 20% + to blast radius... 1 cricket rocket will hit you form 600 meters and say bay bay to all your 3x mg14 arbiter,

rift 2m will probably be use to detach ammobox

arbiters will be god for pve (just compered stats to equalizers)

in pvp only on hovers by to being hard to hit due to hover mehanics

Edited by alpha1q

BjKalderon (Posted )

Not just the ammobox - there is a lot of ways to use this module (for example, to create a more efficient vehicle using "Contact" module)

Harpy cabin
Unique feature: “Increases the amount of additional ammunition by 50%, and the radius of projectile explosions by 20%.”

Can we have a precise list of which weapons count towards to "projectile explosions"?

Phoenix?
cannons?
missiles?
Fuze drones?

Edited by Pompidom

BjKalderon (Posted )

It includes all the weapons that can deal this kind of damage, for example grenade launchers, cannons, artillery (like Mandrake) and so on.
  • Confused 1

Oh really?

It's worth saying that the blast radius is not the same parameter as blast damage and it doesn't have a direct influence on the damage as well.

This is completely wrong, for multiple shot blast weapons like cricket and grenade launchers, giving them extra blast radius is the most direct and strong buff you can ever think of. Not to mention st long distance even one cricket rocket is enough to destroy most weapons in this game.

Just remember what you guys did to OP impulse and Retcher after blast mechanism rework, isn't it Nerfing their blast radius instead of damage. And it seemed work.

just do something to end the hover cricket plague 

BjKalderon (Posted )

The following change will not have such strong effect in battles. For example, before the Torrero cabin has been implemented into the game there were concerns about its unique ability but the way it didn't make it more efficient than all other cabins. This perk will effect the blast radius, but it will have an effect on large, heavy - armoured builds rather than becoming an ultimate choice.
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Frankly speaking, I didn’t worry about Torero, or favorite, or any other cabin’s perk in the past, I even think Ghost can have another buff, but this time, the situation is terrible, 20% more blast radius means increasing cricket’s blast radius to 2.4 m, it is scary enough to even think about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.