Ka1deron

[Developer blog] The Return of the Knight Riders

16 minutes ago, Hamza_7113 said:

fortunes work with Harpy perk?

Edited by Big_Fundamental

Ka1deron (Posted )

Yes, it works with them as well - it affects everything that can deal explosive damage;)

I’m not so sure about the new energy cabin

does it’s perk mean heating effect is now:

100%-200% → 100%-235%

100%-200% → 100%-335%

100%-200% → 235%-335%

100%-200% → 100%-470%

100%-200% → 235%-470%

which one is correct?

According to what I get here, I feel each of them is possible, maybe go RU forum for further check later.

Ka1deron (Posted )

The damage increase depends on the heating level -for example, if it's maximum level, then the increase will be 135%, if the part is heated halfway - then it will be less and so on.
  • Thanks 1

nice !!!

just a question about this " Unique feature: “Increases the amount of additional ammunition by 50%, and the radius of projectile explosions by 20%.”

this perk includ SPIKE-1 ?

thx for your job devs :01:

Ka1deron (Posted )

Thank you! As for your question - no, it doesn't include this weapon because it doesn't inflict this kind of damage.

Ah, thanks, I think I understand half of it,

but im still unsure about if the extra damage will be affected by the basic heating effect?

I mean, will the extra 135% be applied by replacing the heating effect (100%-235%), adding to the heating effect (100%-335%), or multiplying to the heating effect (100%-470%)?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, HABEEB_LINUX said:

what about the tackler ? why nat add it to a faction workbench

Devs said long time ago Tackler won't be added as craftable weapon. Instead there will another craftable frontal MG. Now it's coming to the game.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HABEEB_LINUX said:

what about the tackler ? why nat add it to a faction workbench

Tacklers are sold so low in the market that if you really want them you'll probably make money building the new, selling them and buying same amount of tacklers.

6 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

New module — “Rift 2M”

It seems that even the hardened knechte appreciate good jokes. Otherwise, how do you explain the creation of this unit? When activated, the squibs located in the module detonate, and all parts attached to the device are disengaged from the car. Does not deal damage.

Hello Devs, nice toys thx

I have a question the de-attach parts will remain in the field?   If only will disappear? 

For example I drop a gas tank, near to a cripple vehicle for shooting it for the explosion damage, can that be done?  Or gas tank will just disappear after disengage? 

Thx.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh boi the Arbiter looks.... :wub::wub::wub:

Also those new cabins seem pretty powerful... 135% bonus o.O.... Time to take the dust out of my Helios I guess 

Btw could you plan to add the option to use "not for sale" items fort crafting? I have 2 blue radars that I don't need for anything, but I can't do anything with them either... Also have one spare Dun Horse that would be pretty handy to craft that new cabin..

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, _d0bermann_ said:

Tacklers are sold so low in the market that if you really want them you'll probably make money building the new, selling them and buying same amount of tacklers.

i think u don't understand what i mean  m8 :)

screenshot-190321-165659.jpg

• Haha 7

Looks great.

Harpy will probably be mostly used with Crickets and Retchers since those are most suitable with cabin of such a low net mass.

I like how you're pushing this fire and heat thing and trying to make the game bit more team-oriented with Photon's perk (although some will simply use Helios+Aurora combo)

I've seen some leak pics of Bastion and that thing looks like a beast. Perk seems fitting and it's nice to see a second "Sentinel" class cabin along with Humpback. Also props for implementing the perk in such way it doesn't become a problem in sideways designs (like hovers or spiders)

Now that you guys have figured out how to give individual parts of cabin some kind of resistance, maybe in the future you could rework Tusk and Cerberus and make them the same. You could give the Melee resistance only to the tusks of Tusk and make it slightly higher. You could do the same with the drill of Cerberus and maybe give the drill some blast resistance too.

Also now that a "proper" successor to Equalizer, a heating-based minigun is being introduced, perhaps there is now an opportunity to make Reaper a true heavy weapon with proper durability. You'd have Arbiter with its (assumably) low recoil, low weight and high damage offset by low durability. It'll suite light vehicles nicely. Against that you could have Reaper, a fairly large gun with insane recoil and high durability with comparably lower damage and high weight. Which'd of course make it best suited with heavy vehicles. So think about the triangle of increasing the weight, lowering the damage and increasing the durability of Reaper. :)

Rift seems to be another useful module for fusion builds. No more sacrificing energy for a Wasp or Pyre to blow some parts off. Great!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

Btw could you plan to add the option to use "not for sale" items fort crafting? I have 2 blue radars that I don't need for anything, but I can't do anything with them either... Also have one spare Dun Horse that would be pretty handy to craft that new cabin..

It's a bit oftopic but i made a suggestion you could use untradeable items in crafting. If you'd do so the item that was crafted would be untradeable.

So if you'd use your untradeable blue radars to craft an RD-2 Keen, that RD-2 would then be untradeable.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Now that you guys have figured out how to give individual parts of cabin some kind of resistance, maybe in the future you could rework Tusk and Cerberus and make them the same. You could give the Melee resistance only to the tusks of Tusk and make it slightly higher. You could do the same with the drill of Cerberus and maybe give the drill some blast resistance too.

Yes plz! 

Cerberus is useless in the way intended... blew it self in a direct hit mele vs a spider leg in example... but harvester can "Eat" several legs.  How is that....:dntknw:

I miss the old days when these event resources where tradeable, cause I was one of those players who stocked up on them to sell them and made a lot of money. At least 5k per event but now I don't bother with the event missions as there is nothing for me. I'm not gonna craft these parts, cheaper to wait and buy them later and can't sell the talers so another event I'm gonna ignore. Least back then players like me could be of use for the rich players who could buy the talers I would do the grind for the talers and they'd craft all these parts, and there were more crafted parts sooner due to players like me selling talers/special resources. I guess the devs think by making the event resources non-tradeable it'll mean more people would grind for them to craft. Flawed logic if that's the case as there are plenty like me who just will ignore this and as stated above buy the parts later down the line after the event when it's cheaper!

Other than that I got no gripes about this announcement or parts in this event though I see others complaints on some of the cabins and such :P 

Edited by OHBoyNope
Expanded my text
  • Upvote 5

Looks fun.

I think I'll try the Harpy with grenades.

Arbiter perk seems a little uncreative.

I was hoping for some kind of sustained beam cannon. Something that would work like a flamethrower but with an area of effect that is much longer and not nearly as wide(a beam instead of a cone).

3 hours ago, HABEEB_LINUX said:

i think u don't understand what i mean  m8 :)

screenshot-190321-165659.jpg

why?

Harpy seems stupidly strong with providing more ammo AND more splash damage, however it will not be able to handle much weight so this should hopefully balance it. My concern would be lighter weight explosive weps like wasps, crickets and GLS.

Is Photon's perk a straight 135% damage or an additional 135% on top of the already existing 100% buff? Pls tell me it's not the later. An additional 35% would be strong enough for a perk.

Bastion's built in plow is interesting, but not enough info. If the damage resistance is only something like 5-10%, it wont be of much use as it'd be better using other cabs and plow structures instead.

I was hoping that the legendary quasar would have a charge based perk, but gradually increasing explosion radius is interesting. I hope the weapon has a reasonable projectile speed though. If it's as slow as quasar, the perk will be useless.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice , new stuff always welcome , good job 113.gif , i hope i will have enough time to play for knight raiders event , my work take me too much time of my life .

Edited by RYANCQQPER

Just ate so I haven't read the entire thread yet. Sorry if some stuff was addressed/answered.

Wow a lot of new stuff.

Harpy. The PROJECTILE explosion is a bit scary. Mandrakes and Mammoths. The Harpy can't carry much but I could just squeak by with 2 Mammoths on a Quantum. Though the Harpy has less net tonnage.

Bastion is interesting in that you seem to have made the cabin 2 parts. I'm not sure why the whole cabin wasn't, other than it would effectively give that bonus damage resistance to all parts if you shoot at the cabin. This will be a good cabin to use in Raids if bots keep aiming center mass. It can tank forever.

Is Protector the Tackler? I assume the perk is changing. It's funny, I was thinking about this JUST last night. I was making a Tackler build and I thought it was kind of silly you have to not shoot to get the perk. I think this makes a lot more sense. You'll increase dmg resistance while spamming, but you lose a lot of accuracy spamming. In the old way, you gain protection not shooting, but...you don't do anything not shooting. You're basically hoping your enemy dies while you're guns are silent.

Very low durability on that new legendary machine gun! Wow. And we make fun of the Reaper for being fragile. But I guess it's only 3 energy. That will be one expensive set of guns.

The Pulsar has enormous durability. I think it's interesting. But it really depends on how fast the projectile travels.

--I would like to see more people fighting and using leviathans. The only reason I have 6 Mammoths and 4 Cyclones is because I have a Leviathan. And while it ends up winning some, if I sold those extra legendaries, I'd have waaaay more resources than a good leviathan for people to fight.

--Nerf harvester when? Seriously. It's been over a year. As soon as it came out we knew this was going to be a problem. And it is.

--Corvo needs some love.

--Draco needs some love (no ammo or no heat).

--Mandrake 7 energy. I also suggest shorting min range and max range to make it more combat-ready. I can, and do, kill enemy players at 15 seconds into the match.

--Hurricane missiles live too long (should have Pyre life to prevent firing up/backwards and avoiding terrain or requiring cloak).

--TOW still needs love--only weapon that requires 100% of your attention on a 5 energy device. Even if you got 10 energy left over, unless you're launching drones you can't do much. Even with an Icebox and a great setup, I can only get middle of the pack in terms of performance. You have to be incredibly low PS to use TOW. Make it higher energy/PS and damage. IT won't matter, since it takes up your whole vehicle anyway. Add a Legendary Cruise Missile that can be fired along with TOW.

--Some Relics are still very broken. We just don't see a lot of them. Scorpions are still ridiculous. People just haven't recognized they are fantastic cannons and can't get over using hovers. Porcupines are insane. For how "easy" they are to use, they shouldn't do that much dmg--for 3 Porcupines you have about 1 Mandrake, but you'd do a lot more dmg a lot faster and easier. Firebug needs love, as does Draco. Relics should be just another tier. Epic doesn't instantly beat Rares at the same PS. Legendaries don't beat Epics at the same PS. But Porcupines absolutely laugh at Fortunes. When I see Scorpion shots or Porcupines, I know I have to totally change my attack schemes because the weapons are much more powerful. It's fine to change strategies because the weapons behave differently. But doing absurd dmg isn't a behavior.

--I've probably been online gaming since the start of the internet. I'm not a clan player. The (many) times I join clans it becomes tiresome and feels like work. And if games feel like work, I stop gaming. I know more than a few people are like me. Make clan rewards available for non clanners. PVE available for non PVE. Adventure. Raids. Missions. Etc. If you want to have this many game modes, don't favor one or the other. You shouldn't have to do Raids, for instance, to unlock all aspects of the game.

Thanks for all the efforts. I finally put up a nice review on Steam.

Edited by dukerustfield
  • Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, dukerustfield said:

--Mandrake 7 energy. I also suggest shorting min range and max range to make it more combat-ready. I can, and do, kill enemy players at 15 seconds into the match.

--Hurricane missiles live too long (should have Pyre life to prevent firing up/backwards and avoiding terrain or requiring cloak).

100% agree

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Will there be another look at Corvo with this return of the Knights?  They receive no benefit from co-drivers or modules, and it just feels like a bit if a waste at times; maybe make it so Jack's MG skills also can boost them to give him some more usefulness in turn?

The lack of any real synergy with any other game elements in their design is disappointing as their concept is otherwise really epic.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.