Ka1deron

[Developer blog] The Return of the Knight Riders

8 hours ago, Blasted_Off said:
11 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Light cabin “Harpy”

• Unique feature: “Increases the amount of additional ammunition by 50%, and the radius of projectile explosions by 20%.”

*sigh* I guess thats another buff to hover cricckets now .. 

This is a great cabin for the Clarinet, and the Clarinet's primary use is downing hovers, so there will be balance in the universe of Crossout. :smile:

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Light cabin “Harpy”

Specifications:

• Rarity: epic.
  • PS: 1800.
  • Max. speed: 100 km / h.
  • Tonnage: 4500 kg.
  • Weight limit: 8500 kg.
  • Produced energy: 12 units.
  • Durability: 295 pts.
  • Mass: 1000 kg.
  • Unique feature: “Increases the amount of additional ammunition by 50%, and the radius of projectile explosions by 20%.”

This is too strong. The extra ammo is fine, it needs a good perk after all. However you're not buffing blast damage or projectile range in addition to that but blast radius. This is the premier cabin for cannons and explosive weapons as a result because you'll do more damage by default. Add onto that and it's got 12 energy as well so it's not lacking in energy as a downside.

Edited by SIGMA920

12 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

New cabins

Light cabin “Harpy”

Specifications:

• Rarity: epic.
  • PS: 1800.
  • Max. speed: 100 km / h.
  • Tonnage: 4500 kg.
  • Weight limit: 8500 kg.
  • Produced energy: 12 units.
  • Durability: 295 pts.
  • Mass: 1000 kg.

Unique feature: “Increases the amount of additional ammunition by 50%, and the radius of projectile explosions by 20%.”

Can't you pick 1?

2 of them are too much. The +20% radius of projectile explosions is powerful enough, no need to add more of them :/

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

This is too strong. The extra ammo is fine, it needs a good after all. However you're not buffing blast damage in addition but blast radius. This is the premier cabin for cannons and explosive weapons now because you'll do more damage by default. Add onto that and it's got 12 energy as well so it's not lacking in energy as a downside.

It is going to have a very difficult time carrying cannons. Certainly in high PS. Yes, you'll do more dmg. IF their vehicle is big enough and has enough parts. Having just extra shots isn't worth taking a light epic and giving up any of the other possible perks or 300 PS for this cabin.

In terms of AE increase, that only matters if they got something to shoot. If you shoot a cabin with this or without this, you'll do the exact same damage. The real benefit is probably rockets, missiles, and grenades--all of these have less explosion radius than cannons and much less durability than cannons. But Harpy Hurricanes will be the new thing. Lower end cannons will benefit, but at lower PS, it's hard to say if you're better with ML Legs Spider, Icebox for fixed, Echo for reload, Humpback for stacking tanking. But that's the way it should be. Be able to use different gear for different effects. I have a Pyre tank now with Icebox so it has +15% dmg. Is that better than 20% radius? I think so. Especially since it would have to be much lighter with the new cabin.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, dukerustfield said:

It is going to have a very difficult time carrying cannons. Certainly in high PS. Yes, you'll do more dmg. IF their vehicle is big enough and has enough parts. Having just extra shots isn't worth taking a light epic and giving up any of the other possible perks or 300 PS for this cabin.

Mount a colossus or oppressor and that's a near free extra boost to what they can carry and they've not got a nice engine perk as well.

Like I said the extra ammo would be fine, the AoE range buff is just too much.

12 minutes ago, dukerustfield said:

In terms of AE increase, that only matters if they got something to shoot. If you shoot a cabin with this or without this, you'll do the exact same damage. The real benefit is probably rockets, missiles, and grenades--all of these have less explosion radius than cannons and much less durability than cannons. But Harpy Hurricanes will be the new thing. Lower end cannons will benefit, but at lower PS, it's hard to say if you're better with ML Legs Spider, Icebox for fixed, Echo for reload, Humpback for stacking tanking. But that's the way it should be. Be able to use different gear for different effects. I have a Pyre tank now with Icebox so it has +15% dmg. Is that better than 20% radius? I think so. Especially since it would have to be much lighter with the new cabin.

For cannons, range is no issue. You could set up a Harpy+colossus dual tsunami and shoot from across the map with impunity because you don't need to carry as many ammo crates and you're got better AoE damage. The main buff will be to rockets, missiles, and grenades but long range cannons will be massive buffs as well.

Guys, don't forget Harpy has 7500kg of net mass. That's less net mass than a friggin Wyvern.

The net mass is around the same area as other light epic cabins like Cerberus, Tusk, Werewolf etc. Do you see people even attempting Tusk Mammoths? I think I've seen a Werewolf double Drake once. It had literally zero structure pieces.

This is not a Quantum on acid or anything like that.

Edited by Spedemix
typos
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Guys, don't forget Harpy has 7500kg of net mass. That's less net mass than a friggin Wyvern.

The net mass is around the same area as other light epic cabins like Cerberus, Tusk, Werewolf etc. Do you see people even attempting Tusk Mammoths? I think I've seen a Werewolf double Drake once. It had literally zero structure pieces.

This is not a Quantum on acid or anothing like that.

Which is why I added a colossus to the mix that'll boost the max you can mount when considering it. With some quick math and the added mass limit of 2500 I came to the mass of a a harpy+colossus dual tsunami being roughtly 5700 only. Maybe add 500 more from ammo crates because of the perk and 1000 thousand more for armor + parts. That's only 7200 out of 11000 mass maximum.

41 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Which is why I added a colossus to the mix that'll boost the max you can mount when considering it. With some quick math and the added mass limit of 2500 I came to the mass of a a harpy+colossus dual tsunami being roughtly 5700 only. Maybe add 500 more from ammo crates because of the perk and 1000 thousand more for armor + parts. That's only 7200 out of 11000 mass maximum.

You can also put a Colossus on a Tusk build.

...and you still don't see people attempting Tusk Tsunamies let alone Tusk Mammoths

There used to be a Quantum Tsunami build used in CW which used Cheetah and loads of Studded wheels. Naturally it had a mass limit of 11-12K (depending on whether cabin was fusioned).

Spoiler

IronSky Tsu.JPG

Except you can't build a Harpy based version like this because you're using Colossus so you need more/heavier wheels to provide more tonnage (which weight more than these tiny studded wheels). With all the harvesters roaming the battlefield this thing is barely useful anymore. Building it on Harpy+Colossus is gonna make it even less optimized. I just don't see it becoming even remotely meta. I remember trying a Tsunami on Werewolf with four Bigfoots and it's just too flimsy to be usable.

You could probably build a bare-cabin Hover Tsunami on Harpy. But it's not going to be endgame rig used in CW.

There is just too little weight allowance for the weapons, Generator and aux gear to make it a viable cannon build. Maybe barely for the triple Exec thing. That's why people will use it for rocket-, and grenade launchers.

Sounds very promising. Any word about that lightning gun? :002:

Also would have wished for a few more pictures of the new stuff.

Light cabin “Harpy”

With that weight limit and perk I can only see cannon and missile hovers having much use for this.

Medium cabin “Photon”

Oh yes... I have been wanting a new Dawn Children cabin for ages.

Heavy cabin “Bastion”

That seems like a very nice heavy cabin. Cant wait to try it out.

Frontal machine gun “P-29 Protector”

Nice. Although I think that Tacklers are going to be better.

Lightweight minigun “MG14 Arbiter”

Nice.

Plasma gun “Pulsar”

This one looks great and the perk useful. I will be curious about is projectile speed.

New module — “Rift 2M”

Great. That should open up a lot of interesting construction options.

Parts production

The production of Knight Rider parts, as usual, will take place on a special workbench using parts, resources and the unique temporary knechte currency — talers. Talers can be earned in a special mission, and they will be a non-tradable resource. Part recipes are currently under discussion.

Thank you for sparing us stupid RNG containers. I highly approve of this system!

Radar “Oculus VI” — faction “Nomads”.

Interesting. Should it not be Dawn Children?

9 hours ago, alpha1q said:

Bastion , probably useless perk, would be god if " the front of vehicle takes less damage" 

Actually depending on the actual resistance percentages this might be quite useful. While direct cabin damage is undesirable it might be more desirable than normal structural damage when the resistance values are high enough. Not to mention that this might finally offer some reasonable protection against a - nerfed - harvester. Not to mention looking cool.

10 hours ago, alpha1q said:

Pulsar- wow devs understood that noone using quasar because its so much of a target and make a smaler legendary version 

I am not quite sure where you see it being smaller. It might possible be even bigger actually.

9 hours ago, Yurker said:
Spoiler

“Bastion”

I like it, but don't understand the lack of energy resistance.

The thing is that both by lore and by more interesting game mechanics that energy weapons are unique.

They deal energy damage. Which is unlike any other damage type. If energy weapons are meant to be more than classic guns with different projectile then having this unique damage type is really great.

It also fits the lore: The average survivor will try to protect its car against bullets and explosives and maybe a bit of fire. Few of them would expect white hot glowing plasma and even fewer would know how to defend against something like this.

So yes... energy weapons bypassing normal protection does make perfect sense.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

You can also put a Colossus on a Tusk build.

...and you still don't see people attempting Tusk Tsunamies let alone Tusk Mammoths

There used to be a Quantum Tsunami build used in CW which used Cheetah and loads of Studded wheels. Naturally it had a mass limit of 11-12K (depending on whether cabin was fusioned).

Because tusks are best used on melee builds.

Harpy has 12 energy (So the same energy.) and a perk that's perfect for long range builds.

23 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Except you can't build a Harpy based version like this because you're using Colossus so you need more/heavier wheels to provide more tonnage (which weight more than these tiny studded wheels). With all the harvesters roaming the battlefield this thing is barely useful anymore. Building it on Harpy+Colossus is gonna make it even less optimized. I just don't see it becoming even remotely meta. I remember trying a Tsunami on Werewolf with four Bigfoots and it's just too flimsy to be usable.

You could probably build a bare-cabin Hover Tsunami on Harpy. But it's not going to be endgame rig used in CW.

There is just too little weight allowance for the weapons, Generator and aux gear to make it a viable cannon build. Maybe barely for the triple Exec thing. That's why people will use it for rocket-, and grenade launchers.

Or bare bones builds that sit at long range and don't get close. At 10K you either run into mostly tsunami spiders or mostly dual harvesters.

Hello, it's good to see 3 craftable cabins coming in one event !

Is there anything planned to change the way points are calculated a little bit? Playing weapon that heat up part is really useful for the team, but it give almost nothing in term of score for you. Maybe add points for heating up parts.
Also, can we expect legendary Incinerator ? this weapon is kind of unique and we need more from this idea, and CW-ready this time !

About this dev-blog:

-Pulsar could be great, if it's not a slow projectile.

-Bastion seems a little bit under-power. Because the only problem for big HP-tanks are helios, and he doesn't have anything against them. 

-Rift M2 is just perfect, thank you !

After giving new cabins some thoughts:

Bastion - seems weak unless perk gives massive resistance

Photon - I retract my first opinion on 135% perk being to strong; I think it is fine, mostly because it scales with how much heat target has and it will be really hard to keep that heating at 100%

Harpy -  may or may not challenge Torrero for triple Cricket hover; heavily depends on how much engine power this cabin has. We will see if 3x Cricket + cloak + RedHot build has enough mass for armour and good enough acceleration when run on Harpy.

The frontal protection of the Heavy Cabin "BASTION"!

Needs more tanky cabins and builds.

Looking forward to Arbiter, Photon and trying out Bastion-cabin.

Thank you BJKalderon!

Edited by KAZASHI

Can we fix the game, clan wars, server lag, only EU servers in pvp and clan wars with bad latency before we add more stuff.... Fix what you got first!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, WRB_Beard said:

Can we fix the game, clan wars, server lag, only EU servers in pvp and clan wars with bad latency before we add more stuff.... Fix what you got first!

What have this to do with some new items?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

How about legendary radar detector  

Ability its same like regular radar detector but this time they showing enemies not only in the map but in the radar radius behind the walls on the screen

Of course it should be showing only the enemies names not the builds they using it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dukerustfield said:

Is Protector the Tackler? I assume the perk is changing.

No, new weapon, Tackler will remain pack only.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dukerustfield said:

Is Protector the Tackler? I assume the perk is changing. It's funny, I was thinking about this JUST last night. I was making a Tackler build and I thought it was kind of silly you have to not shoot to get the perk. I think this makes a lot more sense. You'll increase dmg resistance while spamming, but you lose a lot of accuracy spamming. In the old way, you gain protection not shooting, but...you don't do anything not shooting. You're basically hoping your enemy dies while you're guns are silent.

Even with the Protectors perk it's a tad less tanky than the Tackler.

At 6:40

Edited by KAZASHI
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am wondering about crafting items needed for spike, corvo, contact
old items, but still nice to know

I think for sure the tooltips in the game should be more informative. I know the devs like writing "lore". But why not spend some effort on making the tool tips better. Like APC wheels offer explosive resistance. Nobody knows this. 

A wiki is a good idea too. But people are not going to know to seek the wiki because they don't know what they don't know about building mechanics. 

• Like 2

Hello Devs,

I have a question regarding the Rift 2M modul. Will it be able to connect frame parts?

For example you have a cabin with frames and 4 wheels and around that a second frame with 4 mech legs mounted. Can the two frames be connected by Rift 2M so that you can detonate it and the legs disappear?

Edited by Dantec2

It is beautiful all that but, let go of the new parts and added us new maps instead. I have some words to say also about hovers, maps are not at all adapt. Have seen hovering places impossible to go where there should be a collision to prevent him from climbing and camping for the victory !!!!

8 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

I do think you are taken things too personally.

Maybe they know you, maybe be not.

Maybe they don't agree with you or the way you think. You may know more about the game, but it is up to players how the want to learn...and play.

I have seen many players with fuel tanks in raids.  I do asked why if I have time. It is up to them after the question, how they to respond. :002j: Some want to know more, some may looking into it, some would just carry on. It is their game

Uh. I'm not taking it personally at all. And some people you contact might not speak your language or even know how to chat back. If you're saying that Crossout SHOULDN'T have a wiki, okay, maybe explain why. But that's all I'm saying. There should be an official, real, data-driven wiki that people can look up, or not look up, as they choose.

Us asking questions here and having the brain trust of players all contradict each other isn't the most efficient means and it doesn't reach even 1% of the players. Wiki isn't a new concept. Players are sophisticated. Even tactical shooters or Star Wars games detail stats because players want to know if a Blaster 1 is better than a Beamer 2 and in what ways.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, pehenry said:

ike APC wheels offer explosive resistance. Nobody knows this. 

It says it in game. But people don't know it. Which, again, is a problem.

Right click on an item and look in parameters:

CbHbFxt.jpg

But this is a perfect example. This info is out there in the game. No one knows it. You didn't know it. The exact details aren't listed, however. But you'll find stats like this hidden here and there. Some aren't listed. Like Aegis and Barrier X take double damage from explosions. How do you know what's an explosion?

AKhO96E.png

Autocannons are explosions. You can see Blast damage...that's explosion. But some stuff is combination damage. How much damage in each?

ovWBFi8.png

Would you believe an Incinerator is blast/explosion damage? Well, it does about as much explosion damage as 2 bullets from a common Chord machine gun. And then it does a LOT of fire damage. So 99.999% of the damage is fire. But it lists explosion here because the fire damage is only a Perk?

If it's confusing to people who have been playing a long time, it's beyond that to brand new players. It's not like I'm asking this for me. If anything, it makes my game harder because more people will know all the secrets. But it's good for the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.