Beta_Angel

[Suggestion] Rejoin disconnected matchs

Rejoin a disconnected match?  

42 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like rejoin a disconnected match?

    • Id like to rejoin the match I was disconnected from.
      38
    • Id rather not rejoin the match I was disconnected from.
      4


Recommended Posts

I like to suggest the ability to rejoin a disconnected match. This would help greatly when it comes to Clan Wars and everyday PvP.
Raids especially as you lose 20-60 fuel every time you get disconnected from the match.

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird. I guess everybody wanted this feature but did not ask because we thought we wont get it anyway.

Yes ofc :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That feature is really a must! especially on the current clan wars format, best of 3 allow a player to rejoin even if its only for the next game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sam93931 said:

even if its only for the next game.

Thats a point we must realize:

- spawn

- damaged

- disconnects (LAN OFF|ON)

- rejoins "repaired"

PLS do not add "repair-rejoin" into the same match at clanwars!

Add next-clan-wars-match-rejoin.

 

And btw: if we find a solution to prevent "repair-rejoin" we could actually add RESPAWN!!!!!!

Because this brings the exact same problems (ammo-refill-rejoin, repair-rejoin, ...).

Edited by _cottton_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, _cottton_ said:

Thats a point we must realize:

- spawn

- damaged

- disconnects (LAN OFF|ON)

- rejoins "repaired"

PLS do not add "repair-rejoin" into the same match at clanwars!

 

And btw: if we find a solution to prevent "repair-rejoin" we could actually add RESPAWN!!!!!!

Because this brings the exact same problems.

No It would be best if it loaded you in where you got d/c damage and all. unless its clan wars then rejoin next match or at the spawn point if rejoin fast enough

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES to this for: Raids, BBS, Race, FFA, BR & Adventure & next round of CW. And if grouped for PvP ( it's quicker to re queue for PvP than get dropped back into a match that may be half over or near it's end if playing solo, same for SW 

& NO to player initiated disconnects, & can't be exploited, if it's possible, some already get the Anti-Cheat kicking them for Network nonsense, (lag/packet loss can give false positives), & over 500ms ping will disconnect (if lasting long enough) anyway & is still unplayable even with Re-connect so some coding magic is needed

 

wouldn't some sort of static placeholder be needed to tank damage to prevent players "disconnection" to avoid damage then re-spawning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparing to disconnect, those who intentionally quit at the start of the game must be punished.

I suggest a 5 mins - 10 mins - 1 hour - 1 day ban trail for those who quit at the start of PVP game.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

Comparing to disconnect, those who intentionally quit at the start of the game must be punished.

I suggest a 5 mins - 10 mins - 1 hour - 1 day ban trail for those who quit at the start of PVP game.

No, because why stay when you see your team have trash builds. They should just let more players join the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

Comparing to disconnect, those who intentionally quit at the start of the game must be punished.

I suggest a 5 mins - 10 mins - 1 hour - 1 day ban trail for those who quit at the start of PVP game.

this would be best discussed in another suggestion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raids yeah sure, clan wars...nahhh. Opposing clan shouldn't have to spend extra time in a match because joe potaytoe didnt properly connect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, *Bigjoe1627joseph said:

No, because why stay when you see your team have trash builds. They should just let more players join the game.

Both teams have trash builds, if you want to avoid teammate with trash builds, I think you may consider play WOT, perhaps.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very good suggestion. To prevent players from disappearing and randomly reappearing in battles, though, treat the disconnect like a death.

 

Raids:

  • Yes (re-enter battle with repair kit)

Adventure story missions with party:

  • Yes (re-enter after 30 seconds)

Clan Wars:

  • Yes (reconnect as dead, for the next fight)

Brawls:

  • Maybe?

Missions:

  • Not very useful, but allow the player to remain in their party.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for cw and raids - yes (and why wasnt this implemented back in cbt).

for the everyday "we're getting steamrolled again" pvp...not necessary, better put that effort somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forc3dinduction said:

for cw and raids - yes (and why wasnt this implemented back in cbt).

for the everyday "we're getting steamrolled again" pvp...not necessary, better put that effort somewhere else

PvP...yes it should. That can iron out players quit at the start of the battle.  No excuses for players to pick team in random battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I would like something like this to happen, I can see it being exploited by people who is about to die: low HP, pull internet cable,  reconnect, rejoin instantly, repeat.

If its going to be implemented, it should be done in a way that takes into consideration every single situation, specially foul play. I feel really bad for Raid teams that suffer because of me when its storming outside my house (+ loss of my daily fuel), but that would be preferable than implementing poorly thought-out mechanisms that can be exploited.

58 minutes ago, ChopChopChop said:

PvP...yes it should. That can iron out players quit at the start of the battle.  No excuses for players to pick team in random battles.

Many times I manually quit PvP rounds because, even if I chose to play only on USA servers via the options menu, I often end up on EU servers getting >400ping and/or >20%Loss.

I should not be obligated to rubberband on matches just so I'm not punished even if I'm not being useful in the slightest for my team because I can't even aim, fire or move.

Edited by lucashc90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

As much as I would like something like this to happen, I can see it being exploited by people who is about to die: low HP, pull internet cable,  reconnect, rejoin instantly, repeat.

 

:lol: Good luck to exploit the battle with self disconnecting.  When a player is on low HP, in combat with enemy disconnected, is still in combat. Rejoin instantly and watch the rest of the battle? :lol::lol: A PvP battle is max at 5 mins. What would be the advantage to self disconnecting??

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

 

If its going to be implemented, it should be done in a way that takes into consideration every single situation, specially foul play. I feel really bad for Raid teams that suffer because of me when its storming outside my house (+ loss of my daily fuel), but that would be preferable than implementing poorly thought-out mechanisms that can be exploited.

That is why we asked for what the topic said.....:lol::lol:

 

 

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

Many times I manually quit PvP rounds because, even if I chose to play only on USA servers via the options menu, I often end up on EU servers getting >400ping and/or >20%Loss.

I should not be obligated to rubberband on matches just so I'm not punished even if I'm not being useful in the slightest for my team because I can't even aim, fire or move.

Another one admit to rule breaking.  There will be no more excuses for rule breakers in they are able to rejoin battles or raids.  I for one, will report them!!  Good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, A_Random_Newbie said:

Raids yeah sure, clan wars...nahhh. Opposing clan shouldn't have to spend extra time in a match because joe potaytoe didnt properly connect.

Nobody gonna wait on anyone. If this works like most free to play, your build gonna join the battle even if you get a disconnection. You gonna be physically there and the enemy gonna be able to attack and destroy you. Whenever the disconnected player manage to reconnect, he rejoin the battle in the current state. If he got messup/destroyed, then he rejoin with his build messup/destroyed.

Btw, its not about having a potato pc, or connection issue. Most of the times I've been and see others being disconnected during the loading and they just get back to garage, it doesn't even shutdown the game. That is a bug from their game/server and has nothing to do with the player, there is no reason why a player shouldn't be able to join back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

:lol: Good luck to exploit the battle with self disconnecting.  When a player is on low HP, in combat with enemy disconnected, is still in combat. Rejoin instantly and watch the rest of the battle? :lol::lol: A PvP battle is max at 5 mins. What would be the advantage to self disconnecting??

That is why we asked for what the topic said.....:lol::lol:

 

 

Another one admit to rule breaking.  There will be no more excuses for rule breakers in they are able to rejoin battles or raids.  I for one, will report them!!  Good luck!!

As I said: I opt for US servers only, its not my fault I can't play on EU ones and the game keeps sending me to those.

If I can't move or shoot I'm just a big motionless wide target practice. Dude, chill.

Edited by lucashc90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an idea: why not consider disconnecting as *sleeping* as other online games do (for example Rust).

When you disconnect, your build stops and stays there until you're able to re-join that battle.

You can take damage, get pushed, or even used as a shield by your teammates.

If someone quits, that means less points for the opposite team. If they decide to leave, we're keeping their builds.

Everyone wins in this case :D

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

As I said: I opt for US servers only, its not my fault I can't play on EU ones and the game keeps sending me to those.

If I can't move or shoot I'm just a big motionless wide target practice. Dude, chill.

Not so mush different then a player disconnected....have you found your exploit yet?  Oh,  yeah...quit before the battle start....we get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this: 

If a player leaves the raid, the raid becomes easier, making it so 3 people don't have to work harder because a person either disconnected or troll quit. Idk about fuel for disconnects, but it would be nice if raid teams didn't have to work harder cause a dude's internet sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 10:35 AM, Bobbill12345 said:

How about this: 

If a player leaves the raid, the raid becomes easier, making it so 3 people don't have to work harder because a person either disconnected or troll quit. Idk about fuel for disconnects, but it would be nice if raid teams didn't have to work harder cause a dude's internet sucks.

From the most recent patchnotes...

Quote

Raids

General

  • Now raids can be fought by just one survivor or by groups of 2 or 3 survivors. The number of players in each case will depend on the waiting time in the queue. Raider difficulty will be automatically adjusted according to the selected difficulty level and the number of players in the raid.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be super useful especially in CW where one player in a team disconnecting often means a loss.

 

Even if there was the ability to rejoin for the second (or third) round in the best-of-3, that already would help a lot.

 

It's not as essential for raids anymore since they were just made to accommodate fewer than four players (which is fine too).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.