Ka1deron

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.40

Best answer

Survivors!

Please, pay attention that the "Chase" raid has been temporarily switched off for a maintenance. Stay tuned to our news in order not to miss its return to rotation!

Thank you for your patience!

Strandvej, the following changes don't have any effect on the Harvester's initial damage - it is still an efficient weapon which can be mounted in a number of ways. If the following changes don't improve the situation enough, the possibility of additional tweaks will be discussed.

@BjKalderon I am not worried about damage numbers - it is a balance stat, which, I hope, you will manage eventually to balance out - I am trying to point out, that tying one weapon to other limits build options, which is not good for the game. 

Ka1deron (Posted )

It's not really necessary to re-configure the type of builds that you used to control because of those changes. You can make a couple of modifications of course, but the tweaks shouldn't limit the amount of ways for these weapons to be mounted.
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, szefopl said:

Never said that, but it is a HUGE NERF and this is a fact, so stop pretending like its nothing, now it is not enough to chew thru many high ps cw builds, another fact, before u do this, u will be dead, that is if they don't strip your spark before, but they will knowing its the only thing that gives u any bonus. And on small harv/spark build u cant hide it well enough so your armor story is just funny.

I don't really care, i can afford any other good cw build, i don't play harv on low ps, i just don't like mindlessly destroying hardware, be it weapons, modules or anything else. But looks like u like it, providing it helps u hypocrite.

Sorry but u wont get spark nerfed so u could spam OP porcupines as u want, not gonna happen, deal with it, spark is one of the best balanced support weapons in game. But hey, if harv is dead on high PS, by your understanding, spark will also not be used, yeah, u can spam your OP porcupines now..

This is not a huge Nerf, this is a huge buff. The only People who may consider this as a Nerf are those who lose their Spark before reaching to the enemy due to design failure. Indeed, Spark can be destroyed, but when the Spark is destroyed, you have received fatal damage to your entire vehicle in most cases. Starting attacking at 220% damage is just insane.

and I don’t know why you keep mentioning Porcupine. This is not even a proper straw man, it does nothing besides showing how salty you are )

• Upvote 5

Devs can you check the balance of Corvo, i got 4 of them not a long time ago and they are kind of underhelming, don't feel like epic at all. I think they are ok if used right, but you have to be very precise, and if you don't fire the six bullets straight away the DPS tanks very heavily.

I'm a bit torn because it is possible to use them fairly effectively, but you have to be timing god to do it and must use hovers, otherwise the tuning rate isn't enough. It's clearly a support weapon, because it can't compete with shotguns close range but stripping weapons with it mid range is hard because to keep the DPS you have to shoot the 6 bullets straight away, but if you do that you lose a lot of accuracy.

Im a bit undecided about wether it need a buff because it doesn't have a place , it's worse than a shotgun close range, but worse than an mg mid range (manily because of loss of dps to keep accuracy high enough), but i can tell that others think the weapon need a buff, since it's has only been in one KR event and it already costs only 250 coins, while crossbows despite being already in at least 4 KR events still cost 600.

So devs, check how it performs (i know that it's performance on wheels is quite poor) and act acordingly, i just wanted to shed a light on this weapon, which enamoured me with it's mechanic, despite being esceptic when it first came out.

I won't sell mine because i love using unique weapons and playing underdog (i don't use meta by choice).

Edit: im almost forced to use four of them, since 3 of them isn't enough, since no engine, cabin or module affects them.

Edit 2: Also i heard the guys at russian forum suggested interchaning the perks of Pulsar and typhoon, I'm all for it.

Edited by Yurker
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, BjKalderon said:
  • Melee weapon “Harvester”. 

Changed the perk. The new version: “Deals 120% more damage to enemies under the influence of negative effects, as well as the heated parts of the car.”

Developer comment: The main problem associated with “Harvesters” is their use at low PS and high efficiency of the gun in such battles. Our task is to reduce its effectiveness at low PS and maintain current performance at medium and high PS. The use of additional weapons applying negative effects automatically increases the PS of the entire assembly and moves the craft to battles with machines that can provide decent resistance.

this is a buff not a nerf. it is immediate damage on a vehicle hit from weapons harvestor is coupled with for effect anyway high and low ps. fire not as affective as spark for this boost int his case after testing but still nearly instant death, instead of the few seconds you had before to attempt to get away or fight back. low PS you still see spark and draco coupeld with harvestor anyway aruara as well and then the debuff doesnt even need to come from harv car.

Again at much lower ps the stacking damage wasnt even brought into play before most targets were destroyed.

midlevel ps it only changes out what couples with what is on the harvestor and results in instant impact death as same kind of affect as a lancer except you have permanent lancer effect to keep goign after new targets. (after testing)

high PS this again only ensures what weapons couple and you get imediate high damage instead of the few seconds of just really nasty damage. this wasnt a change or a buff/nerf to harvestor istelf but to what you pair with it anyway.

another "around about" change to mechanics that complicates and doesnt solve an issue as usual.

• Upvote 1

Hello devs.

I'm writing here because we don't get an answer in the consolenforum. What about the rest of the update? When does the custommode come for consoles? When are you going to do something against a clan playing together in stormwarning? Are you interested in, what console players think about the game?

I probably will not get an answer again.

Edited by *ZSD74
  • Upvote 1

Oh, look, more melee buffs! I wonder if the dev team favorite weapons are melee?!

I normally don't really complain about weaponry in this game but the dev's boners for the harvester melee weapon is blatantly clear. This isn't DB, the harvester shouldn't be over 9000 lol But now I can expect to see spark & Harvester combo's a hell of a lot more due to this oh so lovely buff. If they were just seen in high PS I wouldn't mind cause most people run big butt builds anyways, it takes time for a melee build to eat 'em out. That's not my problem, my problem is I already see Spark & Harv at 4k and below now! So the glass cannon & seal clubbers are just gonna grow more with this buff Harv's for easy kills. Unlike high PS builds, builds 4k under don't have that much armor so even if you manage to start shooting the butt muncher harvester person you'll be dead before you can do decent damage let a lot put the munch down!

I've seen people use the new Typhoon cannon in sub 4k matches and that's a relic so why would the dev's think spark & harvester builds not be in the 4k below range?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

Now the spark harvesters are ruining this game, in the past if you react at once you still have a chance to fight back, but now it will immediately destroy half of your vehicle.

And Harvester is still OP at low PS just standing by its basic DPS, health and blast resistance.

Worst update I've ever seen.

Just as you loathe hovers & crickets the Dev's love themselves some melee weaponry, so don't expect them to nerf melee ... Not in the way it should be as it's probably they're favorite type of weaponry in the game. So I doubt they care if you complain about them or anyone else, Mr. Robotoman

devs what have u done with the damn invasions??? the lvl 3 levi wount fall apart 4 players shooting over 1 min constant with crickets incinerators wasps and he dont die and he had all hes weapon

• Haha 5

I just see the raid and you do a big change .....  best job :11:

thx for this devs ;3

When is the payouts for Chase and Perimeter breach going to be as equal as the other raids? As of now there has never been a good reason for me to do those raids as the payout is always lower than the rest. 15-16 plastics for Perimeter breach and chase, versus 20+ for all the other raids. The time it takes to complete Perimeter Breach makes it the worst fuel to time to complete in this game, with the new changes it seems to take even longer now. Just not worth the time and effort to play it.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Movement

• Tracks and augers.

Increased reverse speed. Now the reverse speed on tracks and augers corresponds to the forward speed on these movement parts.

Nice)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Raids

General

• Now raids can be fought by just one survivor or by groups of 2 or 3 survivors. The number of players in each case will depend on the waiting time in the queue. Raider difficulty will be automatically adjusted according to the selected difficulty level and the number of players in the raid.

Can we have an option to choose solo play or groups of 2 or 3 players too? Sometimes it's pure pain with these random groups. Yesterday I had this guy with double Mandrake in raid against Lunatics. And he didn't learn the first time... What a wonderful flower he is, I think, but best left in the nature. As I understand it from the text, it will be depending on queue time.

Keep up the good work. You are doing great :good:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *ZSD74 said:

What about the rest of the update?

Probably when Sony approve these changes for PS4.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DesTut said:

So, now melee builds with harvester and spark/draco will have the full damage bonus not after some time of grinding, but when ever they want. It is just a punch into the face of your playerbase. Harvester builds were overpowered at high PS, now they will be even stronger. I'm sorry, but this is absolutelly laughable how you try to ballance it and make it even worse. 

image.png.4ac043b120359ca96540921d51e45d

I agree with DesTut. On higher PS u make them even more powerfull .. it would not be such a problem if u would lower PS of Spark... cause in this current state of spark ... u need rly good shots to get it down fast enough... Now u press "W" even harder to kill even easier...

Please think!!!!

I predict ramming builds with harvesters are going to be ridiculous. Add in a draco or ally marking people with incinerators and boom, instantaneously massive damage. This was not the way to fix harvesters... But at least tracks can retreat like the French.

Speaking of which I can't wait to see backward built Goliath tanks. But please, fix tracks/augers ability to turn with more than 2 installed.

• Upvote 1

Funny how everyone jumps to the conclusion harvester having either a HUGE nerf or a HUGE buff.. Its a rework, in high PS, harvester gonna perform in a similar way I think, hard to tell for sure right now. I need to play against it and saw others play it a couple times before being sure of anything.

What I think, you won't be able to deal 240 % damage after 5 sec, only 120 % but without any delay, as long as the spark is alive and firing. Harvester gonna be a bit stronger against fast and light build build, but weaker against heavier builds using movement melee resistant parts. Its the classic rock, paper, scissor.

The main difference, is low PS. If you equip yourself with bumpers, harvester on a naked cab will have a really tough time to kill you. Which is what devs intended to do!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Yurker said:

Devs can you check the balance of Corvo, i got 4 of them not a long time ago and they are kind of underhelming, don't feel like epic at all. I think they are ok if used right, but you have to be very precise, and if you don't fire the six bullets straight away the DPS tanks very heavily.

I'm a bit torn because it is possible to use them fairly effectively, but you have to be timing god to do it and must use hovers, otherwise the tuning rate isn't enough. It's clearly a support weapon, because it can't compete with shotguns close range but stripping weapons with it mid range is hard because to keep the DPS you have to shoot the 6 bullets straight away, but if you do that you lose a lot of accuracy.

Im a bit undecided about wether it need a buff because it doesn't have a place , it's worse than a shotgun close range, but worse than an mg mid range (manily because of loss of dps to keep accuracy high enough), but i can tell that others think the weapon need a buff, since it's has only been in one KR event and it already costs only 250 coins, while crossbows despite being already in at least 4 KR events still cost 600.

So devs, check how it performs (i know that it's performance on wheels is quite poor) and act acordingly, i just wanted to shed a light on this weapon, which enamoured me with it's mechanic, despite being esceptic when it first came out.

I won't sell mine because i love using unique weapons and playing underdog (i don't use meta by choice).

I also love corvos! Its about the most unique and original firearm in this game, with every other concept already being done to death by many games in the past.

I feel that a turning speed without any delay, a small damage buff and less recoil would be great for that gun. It would not be OP, just better on every characteristic it already has, which is fair considering perks doesn't affect it.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Melee weapon “Harvester”. 

Changed the perk. The new version: “Deals 120% more damage to enemies under the influence of negative effects, as well as the heated parts of the car.”

Developer comment: The main problem associated with “Harvesters” is their use at low PS and high efficiency of the gun in such battles. Our task is to reduce its effectiveness at low PS and maintain current performance at medium and high PS. The use of additional weapons applying negative effects automatically increases the PS of the entire assembly and moves the craft to battles with machines that can provide decent resistance.
Please note that the perk of the “Harvester” will not work on towers and pumpjacks in raids and “Adventure”.

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

Builds like this says hI.

screenshot-190328-122624.thumb.jpg.4b3bc

As you can see from the screenshot above, which I've found within like 5 seconds from the exhibition (there are several), it is still easy to make a low ps harvester build with spark. (And that one even has cloak) You guys really need to understand that the root of the low ps battle problems is how flawed the Energy=PS system is. Unlike most weapons, harvester can work fine with just one as long as ps doesn't get too high and it doesn't require radiators, coolers, engine or anything like that. Because of it only costing 4 energy, it's ps isn't high either.

And that's ignoring the fact that they don't even need the extra damage at those ps ranges.

At higher ps, their damage bonus will be instant (as nearly every one of them uses spark anyway), but it's not as high and their extra damage can be cut off by destroying the spark. That will have its own problem since spark has TWO perks, but maybe it'll bring them down a little as this harvester meta has been going on for far too long.

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Well i will test the game to see how harvesters kill us now , if is imposible to play then i will do only raids and the new event . I expected an fix for harvester because they kill the battles ,even yesterday i did more than 1 hours to finish 5 daily wins pvp because game at 6k was full of harvesters and when i play at 4k with blue and white items was same full of harvesters . People understand that is op for grinding and winning and game is infested , i see in 1 battle from 3 to 6 players with harvesters always invisible and there are other items that i don't see in game from long time like rapier autocanon blue , druzba , borer , buzzsaw  , spitfire . 

As i alwayse said the problem is not 100% of the items from the game but is more the players that abuse them , doing harvester even double harvester in very low powerscore against blue and white items means u are an bad person and even an bad player .

Edited by RYANCQQPER
  • Thanks 2

I don't even know where to start. The new event: honestly it is not for me it is based on luck and most players just steal your kills I got the stickers what I needed and I am done with this event; I understand that some players find it fun but it is just not for me, but hey it is April's fool so I can take it. Harvester: I think this is one of the worse things you did since the kapkans were added to the game. The problem will not be solved at low PS. I just don't understand why you are allowing people to use legendarie weapons lower than 10000 PS(or something). For a player like me who always plays fair it is quite annoying that if I want to play somewhat fair I have to play only at 10k PS (but with kapkans it is not really fair). The rest of the update is good so I can appreciate it.
Love from Rock City!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

With all these changes aimed at low ps being completely wrong for hi PS , I wonder if anyone on the dev team actually plays this game at hi PS /

25 minutes ago, RYANCQQPER said:

Well i will test the game to see how harvesters kill us now , if is imposible to play then i will do only raids and the new event . I expected an fix for harvester because they kill the battles ,even yesterday i did more than 1 hours to finish 5 daily wins pvp because game at 6k was full of harvesters and when i play at 4k with blue and white items was same full of harvesters . People understand that is op for grinding and winning and game is infested , i see in 1 battle from 3 to 6 players with harvesters always invisible and there are other items that i don't see in game from long time like rapier autocanon blue , druzba , borer , buzzsaw  , spitfire . 

As i alwayse said the problem is not 100% of the items from the game but is more the players that abuse them , doing harvester even double harvester in very low powerscore against blue and white items means u are an bad person and even an bad player .

If you look at the player base you will realize that 95% of players only use cheap builds. At low PS they are seal clubbing at high PS the only thing you will see Shotgun wedge(30%) spider kapkan/shield(40%) and hover shield(30%). So the 5% of players who play fair are having a really hard time in this game. So yes you are right these are really bad players. But since 95% is bigger than 5% we will not gonna get a fair game.<3

Edited by Trashmaster66
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thank for the update.

Few things need to test:002j:.  I do like to mini event. I do hope we can get them more often from now on.:lol:

There seem to be some players said the same thing.  Every update and changes are the worst.  This game must be so bad for them by now. :00666:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

This is not a huge Nerf, this is a huge buff. The only People who may consider this as a Nerf are those who lose their Spark before reaching to the enemy due to design failure. Indeed, Spark can be destroyed, but when the Spark is destroyed, you have received fatal damage to your entire vehicle in most cases. Starting attacking at 220% damage is just insane.

and I don’t know why you keep mentioning Porcupine. This is not even a proper straw man, it does nothing besides showing how salty you are )

your maths game is weak.

lemme break it down for you

before - 200% extra damage after 5s, no spark required

now - 120% extra damage no delay BUT spark required

SO

before - stacked damage with perk was 40+80=120 after 5s

now damage is 40+48=88

how do you not see that this is a nerf?

• Confused 2