Spedemix

Market sold my item at a lower price than the highest offer

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw I sold a Bastion cabin. I set my sell price at 600 coins while there was an offer up for 610 coins. Once the 30 minute cooldown was over I ended up selling the item at 600 coins. Once I immediately checked the market the highest offer was 640 coins. So the market didn't sell my item for the highest bidder but for the price I had set which was lower than the highest bidder.
What you expected to see I expect the Market always to sell the item for highest bidder at the bid they set, even if I set a lower price as a seller
Conditions in which error reproduce I'm not 100% sure but I think here are the steps to reproduce:

Find an item which has a delayed transaction (5min, 30min etc.)
Check the highest buy offer that item has
Put a sale offer that's lower than the highest offer
Observe how the item gets sold at that lower price once the cooldown is over
Problem details In the past I've bought multiple items in such way where I've set up highest buy offer, then suddely the item gets sold to me at a lower price. I think this does not happen with items which do not have delayed sale.
Frequency of reproduction sometimes
Time of bug 14:35

screenshot-190404-143545.jpg

screenshot-190404-143424.jpg

2019.04.04 10.08.49.zip

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it not possible in the time between those actions that someone else made the offer? 

Well there is a tiny chance someone put the 640 offer for Bastion during the 15 second window I saw the cabin sold at 600, said "wait a minute", and checked the Trade window and saw the 640 offer.

Too bad crossoutdb hasn't registered Bastion as an item so I cannot see the objective trade history.

Nevertheless I've had this happen as a buyer quite a lot. Set a highest offer for an item and then I end up buying it at a lower price. I don't know I guess I'll try to report that when it happens :dntknw:

EDIT: Here's a picture from last October when I was documenting some market shenanigans. I happened to have "My offers" open and my buy offer for Cerberus went through. Except the price i bought it for (700 coins) was different than my offer (702.77 coins)

Spoiler

ygPRc10.jpg

I used to think someone was hacking the market and back then I reported this stuff on "Rule violations" area. But it's possible someone had just decided to put the cabin on sale at 700 coins hoping it'll go through for the highest bidder. And it did (I was the highest bidder) but the price is wrong.

Edited by Spedemix
  • Upvote 1

I want to be clear that I'm not discrediting your bug report.   Something seems amiss.   I just wanted to explore that other option too. 

You ask 600 coins for your item. Your recieved 600 coins. Where a bug?

• Confused 1

OK, I finally got solid proof about this. This just happened:

Spoiler

I set a buy offer of 35.08 (highest buy offer on the market) yet I end up buying it at 34.45. I think the reason is the seller set a price of 34.45

My question is: is this intended behaviour?

Is the market suppose to sell the item for me at the bid I place or at the price the seller sets, even if the price seller sets is lower than my bid?

I attached the log, this transaction happened at 09:54 at the log time. Also attached my market history which shows I did indeed buy these items at 34.45 despite placing an offer for 35.08

Spoiler

screenshot-190405-095601.thumb.jpg.7eb87

2019.04.05 08.15.35.zip

Edited by Spedemix
inserted image into spoiler, typos
  • Upvote 2

My apologies but this new scenerio seems to be working as intended.   Maybe I misunderstood the first one. 

OK question:

You got item A in market and highest buy offer for this item is 100 coins (lowest sell offer doesn't matter here). If you put this item A for sale at 90 coins, this item then gets instantly sold to the highest bidder right (once the 6 or 30 minute market delay is over)?

What's the price you're suppose sell this item for? 100 coins (the highest offer) or 90 coins (the price you typed in)?

If the market automatically sells the item to the highest bidder at the price they asked for (even if you set the sell price lower than that) then we have a bug here.

• Upvote 2

Well you got me there.   It SHOULD have defaulted to the 100 so that you can't undercut to sell to someone directly. (i believe) 

Sorry for not being much help with this.   I didn't fully realize what was happening. 

• Upvote 1

No worries. :)

So now we need a confirmation from devs:

If you undercut the highest bid when selling SHOULD it default to the highest bid? If yes, then we have bug here.

• Upvote 1

Sadly, that's how the market works.

Buyers got a privilege over sellers: if you make an offer selling something, the price won't change no matter what other bids are (exception if there are active higher bids atm), but if you buy a thing and someone sells it for less, you will, indeed, get it for less :/

Edited by KrissGO

Hello to everyone!

Yes, this is how selling works:

On 4/6/2019 at 12:54 AM, KrissGO said:

if you make an offer selling something, the price won't change no matter what other bids are

So, you always sell an item at a price you've set previously. Please, always pay attention while setting a price to sell an item.

And that's how purchasing works:

On 4/6/2019 at 12:54 AM, KrissGO said:

if you buy a thing and someone sells it for less, you will, indeed, get it for less

And, of course, you'll receive the change, if you buy an item for less.

That's the current market mechanic. If if changes somehow, we'll keep you informed through the patchnotes.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for clearing that up Woodyrojo.

I however think that the removal of the markets safeguards against accidental low sell should be reintroduced.

Example:

Meant item sale price: 3000 coins

Lowest buy offer: 2700 coins

Accidental sale price: 30 coins

This should result in the buyer paying 2700 coins and the seller getting 2700 coins (ignoring tax for now). It should NOT result in the buyer paying 30 coins and the seller getting 30 coins. That should only happen if there in a buy offer for 30 coins, too.

It should require 2 mistakes from 2 people to cause this accident.

With the new system, it seems to me that illegal item gifting has just become much more easy while honest mistakes of honest people now pay the highest price.

Please reconsider and make the market a safe place again. At least add a warning when something is accidentally offered far below current market price. Maybe 100 coins for epics, 500 coins for legendary and 1000 coins for relics.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Yes, this is how selling works

And that's how purchasing works

Nice, got them both right :cool:

@ARES_IV got a point, people that accidentally type in low prices shouldn't get punished.

Hello to everyone!

Yes, this is how selling works:

So, you always sell an item at a price you've set previously. Please, always pay attention while setting a price to sell an item.

And that's how purchasing works:

And, of course, you'll receive the change, if you buy an item for less.

That's the current market mechanic. If if changes somehow, we'll keep you informed through the patchnotes.

Thx for clear this up.

1 hour ago, ARES_IV said:

I however think that the removal of the markets safeguards against accidental low sell should be reintroduced.

Example:

Meant item sale price: 3000 coins

Lowest buy offer: 2700 coins

Accidental sale price: 30 coins

This should result in the buyer paying 2700 coins and the seller getting 2700 coins (ignoring tax for now). It should NOT result in the buyer paying 30 coins and the seller getting 30 coins. That should only happen if there in a buy offer for 30 coins, too.

It should require 2 mistakes from 2 people to cause this accident.

With the unusual low selling price. There won't be bought by any real players, as it would class as shady deals. 

I can understand accident by miss type.  Maybe we can add a 5 min delay for sales, so we have time to check and change any mistakes. That should apply to items say over 500 coins. 

• Like 1

This is not how the market work.

If u put up sale for 600c, but the highest offer is 640c, it will sell for 640c, this is how it always worked and still work that way.

Then they added delay and this made things bad, it introduced a bug, the bug is, when u put up sale for 600c, but it got a delay, then after the delay ends it will be sold for 600c even if there is an offer for 640c.

It happens only if there was a delay.

I even helped someone months ago to explain it to the devs on forums and it was the exact same issue and if i remember correctly someone from the dev team answered there also.

So, if there is a delay ALWAYS put a price u want, never less cuz u are lazy as it looks devs are lazy too and never fixed it.

Edited by szefopl
  • Like 1