Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

• Thanks 4

Interesting... I like it!

• Upvote 2

I could see this going a number of ways.

If other movement parts mounted on the craft remain active, this could lead to some crazy hybrid vehicles.

But I also like the idea of being able to turn your whole vehicle off, anyway, regardless of hovers. You could turn your vehicle off and a side-effect would be that you wouldn't show on radar.

Either way could create some interesting scenarios.

Neat idea.

• Upvote 6

The ability to power down should be something all builds have. Powering down should have the following effects

1. engages breaks
2. lowers profile on legs and hovers (hovers land legs squat down as low as they can. only way to "break with legs")
3. do not appear on radars except the cloak detectors.
4. name doesn't appear over build.

Powering down should allow some weapons to be more effective like so.

1. cloaks double their length while the build is powered down.
2. radars double range while powered down
4. sidekicks, turrets, and fuses do not auto destruct. Note on powering up they will automaticly SD if over their normal life time.
5. Mandrakes have increases accuracy with their first shot always landing exactly where aimed other shots still have spread.

Powering down should be something that gives disadvantages as well.

1. while powered down all weapon rotation is 100% slower
2. While powered down, no energy weapon can be used
3. while powered down, melee weapons are offline (doesn't really mater just means harvester can't passive kill stupid people)
4. It takes 10 seconds to power up after powering down.
5. while powered down, missiles do not lock on instantly but instead take time (1.5 seconds)

Edited by Warbrand2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warbrand2 said:

Powering down should allow some weapons to be more effective like so...

@Warbrand2 I like the first part and I agree with the elaboration. However, I don't think anything that costs energy should be functional while "shutdown". IMHO

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:

@Warbrand2 I like the first part and I agree with the elaboration. However, I don't think anything that costs energy should be functional while "shutdown". IMHO

I think some things like wheel drones, turrets should be more effective as they have their own powersupply and seem to only cost energy for balance.

Other like the mandrake are there as one can manually aim just slower. you can go powered which has the inaccuracy or unpowered which is more accurate but much slower. Though yeah my idea for radar and cloak likely is dumb.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warbrand2 said:

3. do not appear on radars of any type
4. name doesn't appear over build.

1. cloaks double their length while the build is powered down.

I don't think you considered the negatives of this.  One, it would be a pain when there are vehicles left with no weapons, and they just hide. Two, it would really be a pain in modes like storm warning.  If you're the first person to a good hiding spot, it would be a huge advantage. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I like the concept. Basically the engine would be off and the vehicle would be working off battery power, so anything that draws too much power would be shut down. Maybe for the "do not appear on radar" item you could still see them on your radar if you got within visual range, but they would not return a radar/heat signature out side of that visual range.

Nice ideas.

11 hours ago, scammin said:

I don't think you considered the negatives of this.  One, it would be a pain when there are vehicles left with no weapons, and they just hide. Two, it would really be a pain in modes like storm warning.  If you're the first person to a good hiding spot, it would be a huge advantage. 

Actually did think it through... and I forgot the name of the cloak and mine detector radar that can be given the ability to detect them. Also most players are not dumb, if you see a red hunk of scrap with glowing paint even if it doesn't have a name you will shoot it.

• Haha 1

I like idea of shutting down hovers for stabilizing the craft on slopes and camping. You could lower your profile and park in hills.

I don't like the idea of making the craft disappear from radars etc. It sort of nullifies the point of radars (and radios even though no one uses them anyway) and like other have mentioned, it might give unfair advantages in Storm Warning etc plus it'd make a huge pain in the arse when the last degunned enemy is nowhere to be seen in PvP.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Spedemix said:

I like idea of shutting down hovers for stabilizing the craft on slopes and camping. You could lower your profile and park in hills.

Or you could slap a set of wheels and drive off after turning them down if two or more hovers are blown away.

• Upvote 2

What about having hovers land after battle in your garage?

You could have legs entering parking position, too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

would be interesting to see people run grinders under their hover just to land on top of people

• Haha 1

I've said this like million times on my videos, hovers should have a toggle ability that allows you to disable / enable hovers. this would also allow people to make hybrid builds, if you lose couple of hovers and can't fly anymore, you just disable them and drive on wheels instead.

Also to prevent possible feature abusement, enabling hovers should take 2-3 seconds and it should have cool sound effects, like a jet engine spinning up.

I said it in similar post, and I'll said again...

Like! 

Back to the future style!  :yes_yes_yes:

tenor.gif

On 7/30/2019 at 2:00 PM, AbandonHopexX said:

Please Please Pleeeeaaaassseeee!

tenor.gif

:good: I'm with you :yes_yes_yes:

PLEASE ! ! ! ! ! 

Edited by *Zhetesh

+1