PewPewPewPeeeww

Listed 2 items around 8:30 am GMT +1 sold for 10x lower price

As stated, i listed 2 pulsars this morning around specified time if it helps for 2840c EACH.

Market had buy orders well in excess over 2500c for them.

Both my pulsars were sold for 237.99c..

Screenshoot attached for proof.

2019-04-07_0958

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

maybe you typo'd? happened to me before, facepalming ensued.

sadly, this screenshot proves hardly anything. maybe if they had market logs for each player...

I do agree with above post.

If you have made an error on typing the price. Missed a number...etc.  That will seem to be a shady low offer, the "arbiter" kicks in, and pay the unusual low prices.

I didn't miss a number, my estimate was 5200+ coins when i hit the button to list it.. 
Im not sure why i would try to sell an item worth 2800c for 250c, would you guys do it?

• Confused 1

Haven't tested this a lot, but if he had made a typo, the weapon should have been sold to the highest buyout price at the market at the time as far as I know. So if you want to sell an item for say 333 coins and the highest offer on the market is 300 and you make a typo and try to list it for only 33 coins, the item would be sold instantly for 300 and not for 33 coins.

At least that's how I understand it, but the market acts weird from time to time. Either way, even if he had tried to sell the item for such a low price, there is no way the arbiter would try to step in, unless there was already a buyout offer at the exact same price and OP was trying to sell the item to his friend for a low price (which is a stupid thing to try since you can be absolutely sure someone else will get the item).

19 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

Haven't tested this a lot, but if he had made a typo, the weapon should have been sold to the highest buyout price at the market at the time as far as I know. So if you want to sell an item for say 333 coins and the highest offer on the market is 300 and you make a typo and try to list it for only 33 coins, the item would be sold instantly for 300 and not for 33 coins.

At least that's how I understand it, but the market acts weird from time to time. Either way, even if he had tried to sell the item for such a low price, there is no way the arbiter would try to step in, unless there was already a buyout offer at the exact same price and OP was trying to sell the item to his friend for a low price (which is a stupid thing to try since you can be absolutely sure someone else will get the item).

I would agree with you. But, some of us had chats about the arbiter not too long ago(not in open posts).  Maybe dev have updated it and make it more efficient.  

If the "arbiter" do react in offers, are way below normal sales.  It basically taken the items off the market and pay the player make that low, low offer. It make even more sense to have taken out those low, low offers, as they are most likely be players try to transfer items or coins between accounts. 

• Upvote 1

Something seems definitely wrong with the market currently.   Have another bug report open in regards to this too. 

Can you add the game logs from this please? I'll pass it forward.   Arbiter shouldn't have snagged 2 pulsars and paid 1/10th market price. 

Shouldn't have been possible to sell it that low as it undercuts offers and the market is SUPPOSED to prevent this so that players can't directly sell to a specific player if they don't have the highest offer. 

7 hours ago, *Bigjoe1627joseph said:

Wow a lot of shady business on PC, glade I'm on console.

i dont expect consoles to do any better in that regard. most likely worse since theres less participants.

7 hours ago, Jnuttengr said:

Shouldn't have been possible to sell it that low as it undercuts offers and the market is SUPPOSED to prevent this so that players can't directly sell to a specific player if they don't have the highest offer. 

yeah market is a bit weird at times. if i sell an item for a lower price than the highest buy offer, why does it not sell for this highest buy offer? arbiter has no business interfering here unless the price history and trade volumes of the item are suspicious. this used to work perfectly fine (list a ton of white items for .1c and they sell for the highest buy offers) but at some point it got messed up

• Upvote 3

@PewPewPewPeeeww apparently this issue has to be taken up with support.   I'm sorry that there isn't more that can be done on our end.   This was the answer in regards to this issue when raised to development. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jnuttengr said:

@PewPewPewPeeeww apparently this issue has to be taken up with support.   I'm sorry that there isn't more that can be done on our end.   This was the answer in regards to this issue when raised to development. 

It is good to know they have not changed the "arbiter" but it is a bug. :012j:

According to our conversations with the dev team it wasn't a bug.   The old way the market worked of if you put an offer lower than the highest buy offer you would automatically get the high buy offer is no longer how it works. 

They are adamant that @PewPewPewPeeeww mistyped the sell price and that there is no bug.  

IF this is how the market works now that is not good in my non-professional opinion as it seems that you could use it much more easily to sell directly to the another player because of undercutting the highest bid offer.  

• Upvote 1

Yes, @Jnuttengr you are indeed correct and i have been informed that i have somehow listed a wrong price, im not sure how i managed to do that but it seems i did. 
Its amazing and its making me question how this entire game is working nowaday, as someone who owns relics il be sure to pass them on to someone once i leave the game over things like these for a WAY CHEAPER price since thats how it seems to be working nowadays...

I apologize for venting my frustration but as you can imagine 5k coin is no small amount. 
I never did such a mistake before and i have been here since open beta started which as you imagine is quite some time now. As i said to the dev, to lose items of such value in this way feels like a stab in the back from a product/game/company you support with time and money..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is really nasty and also somewhat treacherous as in the past the market did prevent selling below the lowest buy offer. That way one could be certain that entering a wrong number only had the risk of selling low but little risk of selling vastly below the market price.

It is a very bad change that should be reverted asap. Making errors should not cost you years of work.... even EVE Online which is one of the most merciless games ever nowadays displays a warning if you are about to sell significantly below market price.

I made a suggestion to reintroduce market safeguards:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jnuttengr said:

According to our conversations with the dev team it wasn't a bug.   The old way the market worked of if you put an offer lower than the highest buy offer you would automatically get the high buy offer is no longer how it works. 

They are adamant that @PewPewPewPeeeww mistyped the sell price and that there is no bug.  

IF this is how the market works now that is not good in my non-professional opinion as it seems that you could use it much more easily to sell directly to the another player because of undercutting the highest bid offer.  

what the hell. i thought they're all against direct trading....and then this change? this actually enables direct trading with a big price gap by simply going past the other offers that would naturally prevent the direct trading....this is new levels of ridiculous.

or was this change introduced to easily detect the coin traders to include them in the next ban wave? then it would make at least some sense....but the all the oversights, bugs and other misshaps in this game kinda dont confirm such a cunning well-executed plan.

Edited by forc3dinduction

On 4/8/2019 at 12:41 AM, forc3dinduction said:

i dont expect consoles to do any better in that regard. most likely worse since theres less participants.

yeah market is a bit weird at times. if i sell an item for a lower price than the highest buy offer, why does it not sell for this highest buy offer? arbiter has no business interfering here unless the price history and trade volumes of the item are suspicious. this used to work perfectly fine (list a ton of white items for .1c and they sell for the highest buy offers) but at some point it got messed up

It is easier for console players to fool the "Arbiter" as there are far less players interact on the market at the same time. They are more likely to find items do not have bid or offer from real players.  This make it quite easy for players to pass item and coins around, if they know how the "Arbiter" works. Don't forget the game is expanding all the time and new items are adding into the market. 

I do agree the "Arbiter" should be updating all the time, as well as keeping players to guess the "number range it works on".

To said all that, I do like the idea of if items or coins at values over 500 coins should set a time delay so players still can check and recheck if there are mistakes. 

1 hour ago, forc3dinduction said:

what the hell. i thought they're all against direct trading....and then this change? this actually enables direct trading with a big price gap by simply going past the other offers that would naturally prevent the direct trading....this is new levels of ridiculous.

or was this change introduced to easily detect the coin traders to include them in the next ban wave? then it would make at least some sense....but the all the oversights, bugs and other misshaps in this game kinda dont confirm such a cunning well-executed plan.

Players are less likely to able to make direct trading as if anyone try to offer a very low priced item. The Arbiter react and would take the item and pay the player that low amount of coins.  The said item would not be on the market or on player's account again. Ideally if all players don't try to mess with the market pricing, transfer coins or items between accounts.  We won't even know the Arbiter is there. 

Then, there are players complained the dev not care.:5739e92736a0e_):

Anything to make life harder for the rule breakers.:012j:

After attempting to recreate the issue it seems like the safeguard is back in place.   

Did so in a similar fashion to @_Lemmy44_ and put a buy order in for the rare cooler.   (made sure mine was the top). Then sold a rare cooler for an asking price well below the first item and ended up buying my radiator for the highest offer when that wasn't what I was trying to sell at. 

^^Did you try that with an item that has a delay?

You can create your own delay by attempting putting five items on sale (use a stupid high price so they won't get accidentally sold), the sixth item should have a 6min delay. I can't remember if you needed to use the same item (I think not).

Edited by Spedemix
typos

@Jnuttengr @PewPewPewPeeeww  Crackpot conspiracy theory incoming:

You made a typo and listed the item at either 240 or 280 coins

There was another player that also made a typo while posting a buy offer, he wanted to buy it for 2337.99 but typed in only 237,99.

When you posted the offer, the 237.99 offer was the closest to your offer and would have been sold to that player. But the Arbiter resolved it as an attempt to trade items between two players and stepped in to prevent that from happening.

Testing this out would be much harder than testing it in the gab between supply and demand prices on the market. But I think it might actually work like this - the item goes to the closest offer on the market if it's in reasonable price range. Maybe, but this is pure speculation, if the difference is too high, the transaction is resolved in a similar fashion to the Vickrey auction - you have the highest bid, get the item, but pay the second highest price. This would explain why you sometimes pay a different, lower price while making a buy offer for an item.

I think a developer input would be much welcome in this situation. What say ye, @BjKalderon @Woodyrojo?

On 4/7/2019 at 1:06 PM, PewPewPewPeeeww said:

Both my pulsars were sold for 237.99c..

You ask 237.99 coins. Most probably missclick

I done a miss-click yesterday, (10 April 2019)

& that item was sold for the closest bid, way more than the miss-clicked value (when you are looking a one item for "x" & change to a different item quickly & the value of previous item does not refresh & get sold/listed  for the other items value,) 

so in a very similar situation to OP i did get the listed offer & not lose money from My Miss-click, & was surprised to read OP & post to see it's not this way, but was & is sometimes

12 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

You ask 237.99 coins. Most probably missclick

Does not explain

A: Why the item was not sold to the highest bidder

B: Why it was bought by the Arbiter

C: How does someone typo 2840 to 237.99

5 hours ago, SpeedLocked said:

I done a miss-click yesterday, (10 April 2019)

& that item was sold for the closest bid, way more than the miss-clicked value (when you are looking a one item for "x" & change to a different item quickly & the value of previous item does not refresh & get sold/listed  for the other items value,) 

so in a very similar situation to OP i did get the listed offer & not lose money from My Miss-click, & was surprised to read OP & post to see it's not this way, but was & is sometimes

I believe the % of the current price to the miss-clicked price matters.  If we missed click by a digit...eg, 2810 instead of 2840, it is a matter of just over 1% different.

If the miss-type is missing a digit...eg, 284 instead of 2840, it is a matter of offering an item at 1% of the current market price.

9 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

Why the item was not sold to the highest bidder

Because mustn't

Why it was bought by the Arbiter

Because protection of fairly market

How does someone typo 2840 to 237.99

I don't know. Nvidia GeForce Expiriens should help, if enebled

Spoiler

0f59b7ea07e7a312e82ac46d6122.png

• Confused 4