MasakoMercenary

Storage/bank pin code for increased security

Basically, the player would have the option to set up pin code for their storage,
How this would work, once the player wants to sell or buy something from the market the game would ask for a pin code,
of course it would ask for the code only once per login and only for trading, player is still free to build vehicles without the need to enter code.

The player could set up the code in-game 
If the player forgets the code and wants to remove it then has to wait about 7 days till the code goes away and it can be set up again.

This could be a great security addition against the account hackers.
Seeing as that old game Runescape 3 already has bank pins, i don't see why crossout couldn't have something similar.
Nobody is forced to have the storage pin of course.

Edited by MasakoMercenary
  • Upvote 8

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

• Upvote 1

If memory serves, didn't Runescape also have a limit on failed PIN inputs for the bank as well? Because I'd certainly add that to the use of a PIN in the game, otherwise it would just be a matter of time until anyone who breaks into your account can sell everything.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lily_of_Thrace said:

If memory serves, didn't Runescape also have a limit on failed PIN inputs for the bank as well? Because I'd certainly add that to the use of a PIN in the game, otherwise it would just be a matter of time until anyone who breaks into your account can sell everything.

Hacked accounts can be recovered, just do it within 7 days before the hacker removes the pin.
And all the items and money will be safe.

Of course having the game lock the storage after failed attempts would be a great addition.

Edited by MasakoMercenary

+1 for this.  More security is always good.   I would also like an option to change an item so it has the "not for sale" mod on it so they are locked to an account then.

• Upvote 2

Not bad.

Although this won't replace the protection a 2-step auth will provide.

• Upvote 1

Good idea.

• Upvote 1

Hell yes!

But pls add a BIG WARNING to not use a RL pin.

I bet ppl gonna use their bank account pin or so :D

• Haha 1

Dew it.

I know two players in game that have been hacked, if I know two then how many people have these guys ripped off?

Thank God I have my account through steam but nothing hurts to have an extra layer of protection.