MasakoMercenary

Storage/bank pin code for increased security

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

• Upvote 1

If memory serves, didn't Runescape also have a limit on failed PIN inputs for the bank as well? Because I'd certainly add that to the use of a PIN in the game, otherwise it would just be a matter of time until anyone who breaks into your account can sell everything.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lily_of_Thrace said:

If memory serves, didn't Runescape also have a limit on failed PIN inputs for the bank as well? Because I'd certainly add that to the use of a PIN in the game, otherwise it would just be a matter of time until anyone who breaks into your account can sell everything.

Hacked accounts can be recovered, just do it within 7 days before the hacker removes the pin.
And all the items and money will be safe.

Of course having the game lock the storage after failed attempts would be a great addition.

Edited by MasakoMercenary

+1 for this.  More security is always good.   I would also like an option to change an item so it has the "not for sale" mod on it so they are locked to an account then.

• Upvote 2

Not bad.

Although this won't replace the protection a 2-step auth will provide.

• Upvote 1

Good idea.

• Upvote 1

Hell yes!

But pls add a BIG WARNING to not use a RL pin.

I bet ppl gonna use their bank account pin or so :D

• Haha 1

Dew it.

I know two players in game that have been hacked, if I know two then how many people have these guys ripped off?

Thank God I have my account through steam but nothing hurts to have an extra layer of protection.