_cottton_

(Mid PS) Hover is dead --RIP

Played a lot of wheels, then a lot of hover, now (after hover patch) a lot of wheels and meat grinder.

Tried hover today again.

Result: first shot (any wpn) === lost hover engine.

And at mid PS around 8-9 k you cannot use 6 or 8.

And i guess this is the same in high PS. Those "epic" movement parts of glass are just wrecked to death.

Bye hover :(

Hello meat grinder! :D

---

If you used hover - did you switched and to what?

• Confused 6
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

I'm actually impressed at that.

You killed 8 enemies that were standing still, not going for you, or were already heavily damage by your team (That you let die because because you used them as decoys.).

You were also using 2 pulsars on a hover build at close range and your team still all died except for you.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

I'm actually impressed at that.

You killed 8 enemies that were standing still, not going for you, or were already heavily damage by your team (That you let die because because you used them as decoys.).

You were also using 2 pulsars on a hover build at close range and your team still all died except for you.

You can somehow count how many shots I've landed before I did the killing shot, if they are "heavily damaged" by my teammate, at least my teammate should have some points on part destruction, check the end of the vid and you will find that they basically did nothing.

And you will also find another guy with dual Pulsar who died easily in the same situation because he uses wheels instead of hovers )))

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

And you will also find another guy with dual Pulsar who died easily in the same situation because he uses wheels instead of hovers )))

You mean he died easily because you were shooting at him, and he wasn't shooting at you........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

You can somehow count how many shots I've landed before I did the killing shot, if they are "heavily damaged" by my teammate, at least my teammate should have some points on part destruction, check the end of the vid and you will find that they basically did nothing.

Of the five players only one got less than 100 points with the player just under you getting 600. That's mostly amount of points from parts destruction since there was a grand total of 3 kill assists (And kill assists are based on the damage that you do, most of your points in PvP come from parts damage.). They took the damage and attention while you got the kills because you let them die.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, scammin said:

You mean he died easily because you were shooting at him, and he wasn't shooting at you........

You cannot see the guy named Vitalii_xxxxxx who died at like 1:05? If he was using hover he will not die so easily.

9 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Of the five players only one got less than 100 points with the player just under you getting 600. That's mostly amount of points from parts destruction since there was a grand total of 3 kill assists (And kill assists are based on the damage that you do, most of your points in PvP come from parts damage.). They took the damage and attention while you got the kills because you let them die.

The player got 600 is the dual Pulsar guy who died at the start of the match, yeah he indeed did some damage.

also, I consider players who get less than 300 points as who died without any contribution, if you think getting 100 points is enough then I feel sorry for you.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

You cannot see the guy named Vitalii_xxxxxx who died at like 1:05? If he was using hover he will not die so easily.

You seem to be assuming he's a good player.  If he wasn't avoiding your shots, it doesn't matter what he was using.

9 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

The player got 600 is the dual Pulsar guy who died at the start of the match, yeah he indeed did some damage.

also, I consider players who get less than 300 points as who died without any contribution, if you think getting 100 points is enough then I feel sorry for you.

300 is capping a cap point in domination. 40 is as much as you need to get rewards. Points aren't a measure of how much you contributed.

Someone gets 40 points exactly but they held up 2-3 enemies long enough that you capped to win helped out more than someone got 100 points killing only a single enemy player. Someone who removes the weapons of a player or two but doesn't even get 100 points for it did more than someone who killed a player who went AFK or couldn't move at all even if they got more points for it.

I swear, next you're going to say that KPB means anything.

Edited by SIGMA920
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

this topic is so damn hilarious lol. ppl (are clearly MOLESTING their hoovers if they think they are truly bad ) , and guy links proof about hoovers doing some work and ppl accuse him for personally not intercepting shots aimed at his team . 

• Thanks 4

I used hovers for a while when they were in a "good spot" (a.k.a only being a trouble for bad players or for those who used slow motion movement and weapon combo) after they were broken when first introduced and before their last nerf

Then mech legs got buffed and I sold my hovers to get 6 legs and I've been using almost only those and wheels ever since XD 

I'm currently trying to get 6 bigfoots (still going with rare wheels at 9-10k just doesn't feel right, pls give us more epic wheels) but when I'm done with them I'll get 6 hovers again, and start doing more experiments with them.. 

I don't think they are "R.I.P"  just that they need another playstyle since for some reason most players and it seems devs too have something against fast builds but eh.. I'm sure I'll find a way around that 

Fun fact: Back in the day there were a lot of posts with "hovers don't have recoil"   yet I didn't know equalizers had recoil until I put them on a hover XD

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, _cottton_ said:

Played a lot of wheels, then a lot of hover, now (after hover patch) a lot of wheels and meat grinder.

Tried hover today again.

Result: first shot (any wpn) === lost hover engine.

And at mid PS around 8-9 k you cannot use 6 or 8.

And i guess this is the same in high PS. Those "epic" movement parts of glass are just wrecked to death.

Bye hover :(

Hello meat grinder! :D

---

If you used hover - did you switched and to what?

I'm heading towards Hovers.

meat grinder? Kind of slow

4 minutes ago, starbucks_queen said:

this topic is so damn hilarious lol. ppl (are clearly MOLESTING their hoovers if they think they are truly bad ) , and guy links proof about hoovers doing some work and ppl accuse him for personally not intercepting shots aimed at his team . 

If you are playing on a team, you're expected to help your team. Anyone could let their team do all of the work and then get the last hits on the enemy to get 8 kills.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, scammin said:

You seem to be assuming he's a good player.  If he wasn't avoiding your shots, it doesn't matter what he was using.

isn't that guy my teammate? he was using wheels, so he cannot retreat when he wanted to, and he cannot accelerate in a short time, so he died.

4 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

300 is capping a cap point in domination. 40 is as much as you need to get rewards. Points aren't a measure of how much you contributed.

Someone gets 40 points exactly but they held up 2-3 enemies long enough that you capped to win helped out more than someone got 100 points killing only a single enemy player. Someone who removes the weapons of a player or two but doesn't even get 100 points for it did more than someone who killed a player who went AFK or couldn't move at all even if they got more points for it.

This is pure BS, I actually appreciate how you exaggerate some dudes who died before doing anything solid.

If you want to blame my play style, feel free, but that is how you SHOULD play a glass cannon build. players with a functional brain won't tank damage with a tri-hover. that's all.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

If you are playing on a team, you're expected to help your team. Anyone could let their team do all of the work and then get the last hits on the enemy to get 8 kills.

he is helping his team? he is using his hoovers and weapon in a smart way to demolish the enemy team , while some clowns in his team manage to hold the enemy team's attention for a couple of seconds . 

I see no problem with Robo's playstyle.

That's how hovers should be played now. You can't just do pee-ka-boo like before and expect to take minor damage. You should use your mobility to maintain distance and suppress enemies with your superior aiming.

What I see in his video is he killed 3 players with his teammates tanking and 2 already heavily crippled players. Totally normal gameplay of nowadays hovers.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, starbucks_queen said:

he is helping his team? he is using his hoovers and weapon in a smart way to demolish the enemy team , while some clowns in his team manage to hold the enemy team's attention for a couple of seconds . 

Helping your team would be attacking when they need help, not letting them die needlessly.

7 minutes ago, IsabelIa said:

I see no problem with Robo's playstyle.

That's how hovers should be played now. You can't just do pee-ka-boo like before and expect to take minor damage. You should use your mobility to maintain distance and suppress enemies with your superior aiming.

What I see in his video is he killed 3 players with his teammates tanking and 2 already heavily crippled players. Totally normal gameplay of nowadays hovers.

So in other words, hovers are bad now. Because if that is totally normal and how you use hovers now (Hide and let your team do the hard work for you. Then come in to save the day at the end.) then I don't know why anyone thinks they need to be have nerfed further.

23 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

This is pure BS, I actually appreciate how you exaggerate some dudes who died before doing anything solid.

"Alright I'll ignore the players who are armed and kill the disarmed bots first from now on, surely that's the best way to contribute to my team's victory" says the player on the losing team as the armed players and bots are killing the team one by one as they dogpile the only disarmed bot.

That's how you lose because the randoms are chasing a kill. That's how you die because you ignore the armed players and bots that are killing the team.

26 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

If you want to blame my play style, feel free, but that is how you SHOULD play a glass cannon build. players with a functional brain won't tank damage with a tri-hover. that's all.

Glass cannons are fragile and rely on speed to survive. You didn't need to throw yourself into the role of a tank but hiding and killing the enemy after your team is dead is not how you play a glass cannon, even a support build would be less cowardly than what you did.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

Helping your team would be attacking when they need help, not letting them die needlessly.

clearly he can't , and should not baby sit the worst players in his team, that would actually be a poor play. sometimes i make the mistake of trying to support a total derp, and that leads into me dying or getting severely crippled too. now that's bad play if anything . 

29 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

sn't that guy my teammate? he was using wheels, so he cannot retreat when he wanted to, and he cannot accelerate in a short time, so he died.

Ah yes, I misunderstood what you were saying.  What I saw is, you keep a lot more range between yourself and the enemy than he did.  He stayed too close and got hit by an incinerator early, and made some very dumb moves after.  What I also saw was that he had a wheeled build and often lost control.  If he had hovers, he'd be completely out of control.

So no, he didn't die sooner because he was on wheels - he died sooner because he wasn't a very good player.

They died needlessly because they put themselves in harm's way.  Robo had a ranged weapon and he used, well, RANGE!  If you have a long-range weapon and are rushing up to the enemy, you're part of the problem.

• Upvote 3

Glass cannons are fragile and rely on speed to survive. You didn't need to throw yourself into the role of a tank but hiding and killing the enemy after your team is dead is not how you play a glass cannon, even a support build would be less cowardly than what you did.

Ok, make a video and show me how to play a glasscannon build.

5 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

In the whole video, I was keeping shooting and dealt great damage because there are enemies in sight, if you think I intentionally flee and let anyone died needlessly, please name them.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, scammin said:

They died needlessly because they put themselves in harm's way.  Robo had a ranged weapon and he used, well, RANGE!  If you have a long-range weapon and are rushing up to the enemy, you're part of the problem.

moise68 died at 1:06 because they got isolated and were fighting more than 1 enemy.

jijenik777 was killed at 2:09 off in the distance facing a player.

Tw1ng_001 died because robo was killing an enemy that wasn't moving or shooting.

That's without considering the bots.

Yes, someone with range shouldn't be rushing but that doesn't mean you abandon them. Robo could have stayed around vitalii to draw fire some of the attention since he had the range advantage and vitalii still had weapons. Robo had the mobility to aid jijenik777 since he was fightign 2 bots but chose to kill 2 bots instead. Robo could have left Farmecraft to time out or be the last killed and saved Tw1ng_001.

59 minutes ago, starbucks_queen said:

clearly he can't , and should not baby sit the worst players in his team, that would actually be a poor play. sometimes i make the mistake of trying to support a total derp, and that leads into me dying or getting severely crippled too. now that's bad play if anything . 

Agreed. It's impossible to save everyone and some idiots deserve what they get. However there were a few that could have been saved but weren't.

57 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

Ok, make a video and show me how to play a glasscannon build.

I would but unfortunately I still have stuff to do. If I have time I will.

58 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

In the whole video, I was keeping shooting and dealt great damage because there are enemies in sight, if you think I intentionally flee and let anyone died needlessly, please name them.

For one vitalii, he was your team''s front line up until he died and was focused on by the enemy team. You stayed behind the rock wall, peeking only once, until the enemy team came around it. Even when he was retreating much like you did earlier, you stayed well behind him and let him draw all of the enemy fire.

Tw1ng_001 then turned into the frontline and got wrecked by 3+ players/bots. He then briefly turned into their main target as you hid behind a rock wall, he fortunately survived that.

jijenik777 was killed while you played around with some bots.

Tw1ng_001 could have been saved at the end as well if you hadn't been so focused on killing Farmecraft.

The bots are bots so screw them, they more or less deserve what they got.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

For one vitalii, he was your team''s front line up until he died and was focused on by the enemy team. You stayed behind the rock wall, peeking only once, until the enemy team came around it. Even when he was retreating much like you did earlier, you stayed well behind him and let him draw all of the enemy fire.

Tw1ng_001 then turned into the frontline and got wrecked by 3+ players/bots. He then briefly turned into their main target as you hid behind a rock wall, he fortunately survived that.

jijenik777 was killed while you played around with some bots.

Tw1ng_001 could have been saved at the end as well if you hadn't been so focused on killing Farmecraft.

The bots are bots so screw them, they more or less deserve what they got.

Vitalii is a Glasscannon too, he stayed in the wrong position and used the wrong setup, clearly, I don't have the responsibility to die with him for his tactical failure. also, I was supporting him by sniping as much as I could.

Tw1ng_001 jumped down from that bridge at his own will, I didn't push him down, and I was also sniping the enemy to cover his retreat.

Playing around bots? try a tri-hover yourself and see how quickly a reaper bot can kill you.

and at last, one of the things that counter hover glasscannon most is the sidekicks, if I go there earlier I may have been killed.

----------

Your BS successfully deliver your hate and determination to prove me wrong, but sadly it only exposed your extremely problematic understanding of the most basic knowledge of this game.

• Upvote 2