Spedemix

Terribull Bar does not get painted black

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw The bumper called Terribull Bar gets painted in a pale white color when you use a black paint
What you expected to see The bumper to be painted as the corresponding black.
Conditions in which error reproduce Have Terribull Bar and a black paint. Paint the bumper black and observe how it gets painted in a pale white color.
Problem details Introduced in today's update.

The accompanying picture has two sets of plow and bumper. One row has been painted yellow, the other black. Added the design of the picture.

I've tested two black paints: Material Carbon and Memento. Both are affected. I do not have a white paint to test if the bumper turns black with it.
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

screenshot-190424-115320.jpg

2019.04.24 11.52.02.zip E89DA0D7.design

43 minutes ago, Jnuttengr said:

Is this just with black paint or others as well? 

Broken Paint cans From what I have in my inventory: Army of viewers, Fleur-de-Lis, Alligator, Snake, Test Dummy, Metal Fatigue. Player Union, Death Mask, Armour Plates, Boar Scalp, Crater, Web, Cold Steel, Epitaph, Carbon, Memento, Lava, Will-o-Wisp, Permafrost.

Others I have are working fine, It's gonna be an issue with one of the texture layers, possibly normal map or something else. Paints that have solid colours are fine, those that have normal mapping, emmit light or are semi-transparent or have a similar feature are broken.

Here's a full list of paints which are affected:

Spoiler

Paints which show up as dark white:

• Army Of Viewers
  • Festive Taste
  • Fleur-de-lis
  • Material: Alligator
  • Material: Grid
  • Material: Snake
  • Material: Test Dummy
  • Metal Fatigue
  • Pattern: Tribal
  • Player Union
  • Death Mask
  • Armour Plates
  • Boar Scalp
  • Camouflage: Crater
  • Camouflage: Web
  • Cold Steel
  • Epitaph
  • Material: Carbon
  • Memento
  • Plague
  • Scorching Sand

Paints which have right color but don't interact with lighting engine:

• Material: Crash Tester
  • Pattern: Lava
  • Pattern: Will-o'-wisp

I went through the whole "Guide" section and previewed all of the paints. In almost all of the cases the bumper appears as dark white when you paint it. I've listed the expections which show the right color but do not interact with the lighting engine.

Notable thing to mention is that when you paint the bumper, the game's lighting engine stops interacting with the part. The bumper, once painted loses it reflectivity and no shadows are being cast unto it.

Thank you.   I'm passing this forward.  Please keep updating if/when you find more paint problems. 

8 hours ago, Jnuttengr said:

Thank you.   I'm passing this forward.  Please keep updating if/when you find more paint problems. 

Its kinda the same problem I'm having with the photon. Mine was using the Metal Fatigue and now it has this washed color.