Doc_MaillouX

Mandrake Better but not enough. Have a nice idea!

Hi, I play this game alot and put down some nice money here too. I have an Idea for the MANDRAKE that would just put the weapon In a NICE logic competitive place.

First of all the new FASTER aiming is a good start. We are close to something.

Here how I see what a Simple but effective change would make it really great.

Mandrake Is a support weapon that stop camper and punish them. People dislike the non consistent zone damage and the fact that anyone getting close gonna kill you. You cant really kill moving target since there about 3 sec delay + random zone drop where even a non moving car can avoid (too often) all the damage or get a little from it.

I say let it like it is right now No damage boost No accuracy upgrade no energy drop.. It is Perfect like it what I suggest is ...

When you are in AIMING mode Add the white circle to minimap. To show where it going to land.

- First of all It is Logic. It is an artillery weapon and artillery aim with radar. It is realistic

-Second the big issue  is you have to see them to aim. How often you spot enemy on minimap let say in the container wreckage map, they are behind the  3 container top right and when you miss your shot Because it either took you too much time to associate the minimap place with the real place and they all left or you simply associated the wrong place and bombard some air. This would allow you to pin point where you want.

- You gotta have minimap vision of enemy. So you either run one mandrake and a radar detector to allow a good shoot by yourself from cover. (one mandrake damage isn't that much) Or you play 2 mandrake and rely on your team to have detector and radio To show where the enemy are.

-Running dual will now be hella deadly I am assuming it BUT 75% maybe more people Run invisibility, fast build with either shotgun or harvester. So Game start One nice salve then half the team rush you down and you will not do anything good. So now mandrake going to be a must protect! it is right now but people don't do it since its not rewarded enough to do so.

I think this gonna lead in some early frustration then people with start playing around and know at the start by your in game name that you have mandrake  then they gonna rush you right away eliminating the threat. If not they are going to learn it.

Excuse Grammar I am a french

Plz people comment here and approve this for a welcome change to a unique gameplay. By what I see Crossout dev. listen to people. make them hear us !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

This would really help out the weapon and Id like to see it added in game.

Personally Id also like to see Mandrakes reduced to 6 energy like all the other large weapons in game so that other weapons and supportive modules can be equipped. It would allow single mandrake vehicles to have 10 energy to play with, and dual mandrake vehicles to have 4 leftover. It would greatly improve the effectiveness of mandrake players if they could have engine/cloak/shield/kapkan/radar/drone/etc with them.

Edited by Crunk_Prime
  • Like 2

same white target line and target area highlighted on mini map for Incinerator

Removing the ability to aim while reloading sucks unless you are not moving (or don't get bumped) & perhaps even makes these weapons harder to use or get used to than before the change, the improvement was ment to make it easier for newer players & allow for increased use not make it more frustrating & less reliable

EDIT:   the most annoying thing so far having been playing both incinerator & Mandrake today compared to previously is losing the target if the aiming is blocked some how (structure, friend/foe, terrain etc), previously the white targeting circle & arch would disappear & continue to track, now it resets, 

both appear to target quicker & in my opinion is more sensitive (twitchy - requiring altering mouse sensitivity for these & back for other weapons is currently needed), 

BK.jpg.8c1cb8cc2d1fa280861f1409d6ef59af.

the final 80 kills (of 1320) needed for FLAME Hero background with incinerator was the hardest

(even including kapkan assists counting after aiming change) - time & practice will tell

Edited by SpeedLocked
update after several hundred fiery kills/assists
  • Upvote 1

That's a good idea, especially since the mandrake(particularly dual mandrakes) becomes useless once your opponent is within the 100m range.

For now everyone I am talking about this little mod highly approve it. I tryed many time mandrake and this would make it really competitive with other legendary.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, SpeedLocked said:

same white target line and target area highlighted on mini map for Incinerator

Removing the ability to aim while reloading sucks unless you are not moving (or don't get bumped) & perhaps even makes these weapons harder to use or get used to than before the change, the improvement was ment to make it easier for newer players & allow for increased use not make it more frustrating & less reliable

About incinerator I am really not sure. Since its a catapult and it would not be logic to do so. Anyways the incinerator is not the same gameplay, I would simply add on direct HIT a sticky duration (since its gasoline and you land it on some1 it should cover it of gasoline.) Reduce direct Hit dmg and allow the hitted car to be damaged by fire for a long duration.

Here Again logical and really not easy do to since well you know.. man a catapult with low projectile speed.

Whenever u click to aim with mandrake it sends u on "default" position, not where u have aimed. 

It is a big problem, cause no actual aiming is possible! 

U need 3+ secs more to aim now, cause when u see target, u press aim and it sends u somewhere, then u need to find target again. 

Please make it possible to use both new and old system of mandrake aim. 

U did not change it for 2 years and now out of nowhere u wanna make it usable but u broke it..

• Like 3

On 4/25/2019 at 10:57 PM, Doc_MaillouX said:

When you are in AIMING mode Add the white circle to minimap. To show where it going to land.

This could maybe synergize with a radar. Your white circle will show up as far as your radar range goes. If you move the aim further you still shoot there but the circle in map disappears and you have to aim blindly. The circle could be the same the devs are using for cloaked enemies when using Oculus.

I do think it's kinda silly people have to build tentpoles on their artillery builds just to see where the hell they're shooting.

Personally I like the more stable aim of the new aiming system but I can understand why experienced users dislike how the aim resets after shooting. Then again if the aim "stays" where it is you have no idea where the aim will be if you've relocated between shots. What we have currently at least provides a consistent behaviour (you know it where it begins) which implies it's just a matter of time before people get used to handling it.

Currently the best way to use dual drakes is to ready up both weapons at the same time but fire them separately. That way the game holds your aim when you keep the second drake readied.

• Upvote 1

I disagree, I have played with you and against you Doc as as far as I am concerned Mandrakes need to be capped off at 1/2 map instead of its now 3/4ths map range it currently has. A good trade off would be speed up targeting but also limit the range as to make you get into the battle instead of shooting across the map untouchable. Or have a red target circle painted on the ground when you fire making people aware in the next second you will be hit. "Why do rockets get warnings but mandrakes do not"?

The problem is this: lets say the best way to take out a guy with mandrakes fast is close combat, max stealth is 10secs = 100mph if your lucky + slow acceleration because of weight. It will take me 10 seconds on most maps just to get half way across. In point you will see me coming not to mention I will have to get past your entire team as well. As it sits I think mandrakes are fine if not OP. a good team with 2 players with mandrakes can annihilate an entire team as it stands.

Edited by Vedli
  • Confused 2

Dual Mandrake (w/Torero cab & Hot Red engine) is what I use the most in PvP and while it's not the greatest legendary weapon, it does alright at what it's meant to do. That is, being a support artillery weapon. 

I would say that if it were to be revisited for a buff then just drop the energy requirement by at least 1 so that it would be a 7 energy weapon. 

This would allow for those that run dual Mandrakes to have more build variety such as:

- 12 energy cab w/combination of Cloak, Colossus, Radar Detector, or Oculus

- 12 energy cab w/Kapkan

- 11 energy cab w/Cloak or Colossus or Radar Detector or Oculus

These combinations could allow for Dual Mandrake users to be more viable in the higher PS matches and possibly allow for better survivability and increase their effectiveness in the role of a support build.

Edited by Xzercist
Clarity, simplify sentences

On 4/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, Todesklinge said:

Decrease Energycost for Mandrske from 8 to 6!

Give Heavy Cabins the same chance to use the weapon!

yes.. mandrake is the most ill treated legendary weapon :004_2:  while a over powered porcupine cost only 3 energy points and got only 1800 ps. but  it will be good for 7 power points  i think

On 4/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, GrapeApe0278 said:

That's a good idea, especially since the mandrake(particularly dual mandrakes) becomes useless once your opponent is within the 100m range.

have you tried this way ? thats how i use to shoot both close and far targets  :DD

screenshot-190910-215919.jpg.a15a8eaf28f

Hi Folks,

While not a Mandrake user myself - (the aiming has always put me off) - I strongly believe that adding the aiming to the minimap would be a great addition.

I'd like for the ability to use the 'Tab' Map overview to act as a large scale active minimap, with the following attributes:

Show - 

1. Current radar coverage. Cyan dotted line show circumference of currently installed radar.
  2. Team radar coverage. Green dashed line shows other team member radar coverage.
  3. Invisible targets from Occulus. Grey dot for suspected location.
  4. Weapons range. Red dashed line for furthest distance able to be shot from equipped weapons.
  5. Current aiming location. Red target hairs.
  6. Active enemies.
  7. Additional objectives. Base / cap points, etc.

All of the above would benefit everybody, regardless of weapon.  But, it would make the Mandrake a much more tempting weapon to use, IMO.

regards,

Stoopid_noob. :016:

3 hours ago, Stoopid_noob said:

All of the above would benefit everybody, regardless of weapon.  But, it would make the Mandrake a much more tempting weapon to use, IMO.

regards,

All of that would also make it so much easier to camp than ever before (And most projectile weapons don't have a set range either.). Plus the mandrake would be OPed if that was possible, being able to sit in base and still fire at least semi-accurately at enemies.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:57 PM, Doc_MaillouX said:

The mandrake needs to be buffed but I dont think it should have this feature, it's not all that hard to figure out there to aim with lots of practice. Try moving the aiming circle around object as if you were driving through that part of the map with a car. 

1. Reduce to 7 on energy so we can run a colossus engine with Torrero cab + 10% accuracy buff so we can run it on a bigger 15 energy cabin if needed. 

We are forced to use the Torrero cabin because the accuracy on any other cabin is terrible, and mandrake builds are forced to be on little tiny cars COME ON DEVS! The devs change and add to the game without rebalancing or taking into consideration all the affected parts of the game and sometimes they arent fixed for over a year if not more (ie. Sparks exploding and damaging friendly porcs and being completely OP against porcs) the porc was in the game from the beginning and it took them forever to fix this. 

This game needs a competitive artillery weapon, we shouldnt be forced to make Frankenstein builds that tilt forward and hobble around awkwardly just so the artillery will be somewhat competitive and with that @Woodyrojo @BjKalderon let's get with the team and add in a relic artillery, its special ability is that it can shoot forward. Make it slow and hard to shoot close up but possible. 152mm_SpGH_DANA_1000x1000_0001.thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1