Woodyrojo

[Update] [PS4] Crossout 1.61

Maps_en_780_200.png

New map “Sandy gulf”

The map is an open area, with its main advantage being good visibility from any point, which will allow you to quickly get the required tactical information. There is a number of sniper positions for ranged combat, and the perimeter is made so that fast vehicles can efficiently break into the enemy’s flank.

• The map is included in the rotation of the “Mission” mode
  • Battles on the map are based on the “Assault” scenario

Adventure_en_780_200.png

Additional story campaign “Contagion”

• With update 1.61, we are presenting three additional story tasks for the “Adventure” mode. In the future, we plan to increase their number.
  • An additional story campaign is unlocked after the completion of the task “Wretched hole” in the main “Awakening” chain. Please note that the last task becomes available only after completing the “Experiment” task.
  • The “Contagion” campaign's tasks can be replayed, while in the group. For this, it is necessary that the leader of the group accepting the tasks has not completed them yet. You can also reset the progress of your own story campaign after completing the main tasks.
  • The additional campaign is automatically available to those players who did not reset the progress of their own story campaign.

Game-modes_en_780_250.png

“Clan battles”

Now, if a player or an entire team intentionally quit at the beginning of the battle (unsportsmanlike behaviour), their access to “Clan battles” is blocked for a short period. The blocking also extends to cases where all team members self-destruct at the beginning of a battle.

Raids

Now, melee weapons can deal damage to enemy turrets in raids, even if they only reach the base of the turret.

Parts_en_780_200.png

Structural parts

• Now, with each new level of prestige in the “Firestarters” faction, the player will get random structural parts from the following list (until all the parts are received):
    • “Left Death fender” and “Right Death fender” — 1 pc. (both parts are issued for one level of prestige)
    • “Finale” — 1 pc.
    • “The Omen” — 1 pc.
  • Thus, all structural parts can be obtained for 3 levels of prestige with the Firestarters faction.
  • Attention! The parts are issued for each new level of prestige obtained after the update. Prestige levels received before the update are not counted, and the parts are not given for them.
  • If you purchased the “Horsemen of Apocalypse: Death” pack, then if you increase the level of prestige with the Firestarters faction, additional structural parts will not be issued.

Weapons

Melee weapon “Harvester”

• Base damage reduced by 25%.
  • Now the “Harvester” deals 160% more damage to enemies under the influence of negative effects, as well as heated vehicle parts.
  • Reduced ram damage dealt by the Harvester.

Developer comment: The latest balance changes of the “Harvester” partially solved the problem with its excessive efficiency at low PS values, however, this is not enough to achieve the goal. We also take into account the need to preserve the effectiveness of weapons at high PS, so we compensate for the reduction in base damage by increasing the damage from the perk.

Shotgun “Junkbow”

Shotgun spread increased by 25%.

Developer comment: After evaluating the current statistics and your feedback, we came to the conclusion that, despite its high spread, “Junkbow” can still be used for precise shots aimed at weapons and it can disarm the enemy too quickly. This does not correspond to our vision of single-shot improvised shotguns, and therefore we decided to increase its spread.

Autocannon “AC43 Rapier”

Autocannon projectile explosion radius increased by 20%.

Developer comment: The current effectiveness of the “Rapier” is a little low compared to other rare weapons, especially at medium PS. Therefore, we increased the autocannon projectile explosion radius.

Harpoon “Skinner” and minelayer “Kapkan”

Now, if the enemy trapped in the “Kapkan” or hit by “Skinner”, has been destroyed, the owner of the harpoon or the minelayer gets the assistance credit.

“Mandrake” howitzer and “Incinerator” catapult

Improved aiming mechanics for howitzers and catapults. The changes touch upon the scope's sensitivity and the camera's behaviour when the aiming mode is toggled.

Drones “Sidekick” and “Fuze” and “Barrier IX” turret

Reduced the size of the containers

Interface_en_780_200.png

• Added the option to change sight colour. To do this, in the “Settings” menu, go to the “Interface” tab and in the “Gameplay” section, change the sight colour to one of the predefined options.
  • The “Characteristics” window for paint cans now shows your current armoured vehicle, painted in this colour.
  • Added the option to switch to a specific player in spectator mode. To do this, open the map window and select the desired player.
  • Now you can track a total of up to four different challenges. Their progress will be displayed on the debriefing screen.
  • The information window can now be brought up in the “Clan battles” leaderboard.
  • Added a timer before the start of the next season in the description of the “Clan battle”.
  • Added visual display of the active perk for the machine gun “ST-M26 Tackler”.
  • The interface of the Settings section has been improved and optimized.
  • Now, when you get several identical patches, an alert about this is displayed once.

Sound_en_780_200.png

• Improved dynamic range settings.
  • Added a sound for completed challenges.
  • Added sounds for invisibility mode.
  • Improved the sounds for explosions of mines and barrels at long distances.
  • Improved the sounds of incoming Mandrake shells.
  • Improved the sounds for different types of weapons.

Miscellaneous_en_780_200(1).png

• Recently purchased items on the market can be sold at a price that will be no more than 10% lower than the purchase price. The restriction is still valid for 20 hours after purchasing the part.
  • Optimized controls of wheeled vehicles with a gamepad.
  • Improved the mechanic issuing patches “MVP”. Now, with an equal number of points received, the “best” player is the player who deals more damage to opponents. If this value is identical too, the patch is issued to the one who killed more players.
  • Machine gun “MM5-4 Vector” is now called “Vector”.
  • The cannon “Mammoth” is called “ZS-46 Mammoth”.
  • Improved the appearance of the parts “Small strut” and “Medium strut”.
  • Improved appearance of the cabin “Photon”.
  • The appearance of the “Fuel tank” part has been improved.
  • The appearance of the boosters “B-1 Aviator”, “Blastoff” and “Hermes” has been improved.
  • Improved weld spots for the cabin “Harpy”.
  • Improved burning effects.
  • Optimized visual effects of the “Furnace” decor.
  • Improved a number of texts and descriptions.

Bug-fixes_en_780_200.png

• Fixed a bug where challenge tracking was dropped when leaving the game.
  • Now it is impossible to install structural parts under the suspension of the armoured car.
  • Fixed a bug in which Lancelot's explosives with CK Viper applied to it did not detonate upon contact with an enemy.
  • Improved interface of the debriefing screen. Challenge progress no longer overlaps with the progress of daily tasks and special events.
  • The collision of environment objects on the maps “Broken Arrow” and “Blood Rocks” has been fixed.
  • Fixed a bug where the damage of the pulse booster “Scorpion” could fail to decrease when hitting parts.
  • Fixed a bug that increases the icons of the module when it is activated.
  • Fixed the location of some objects on the maps “Cursed mines”, “Ship Graveyard” and “Nameless Tower”.
  • Fixed incorrect location of checkpoints on the Founders Canyon map in the “Race” brawl.
  • Changed spread of the shotgun “Breaker”. Now it is fully consistent with the spread of the shotgun “Hammerfall”.
  • Fixed a bug due to which the Aegis-Prime shield effect appeared briefly when the module was replaced in the brawl Battle Royale.
  • Fixed a bug related to the lack of repair sounds in the brawl Battle Royale.
  • Fixed a bug that could lead to the appearance of two leaders in the raid “Perimeter Breach” on the “Lost Coast” map.
  • Fixed a bug with endless clan list loading.

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Josh

Woohoo new map! Thank you devs keep'em coming. Everything else looks good too. Except, I'm a little concerned about the harvester rework. I've seen guys run harvesters on reaper builds as a defence or on a hammerfall build to add a little bit of punch. What I'm try to get at is, I'm worried that "by itself" the harvester now might be not worthy of legendary status. I don't think the negative effects buff perk will help its effectiveness in battles. But, I'm willing to see how it goes. Also, if you have time, could you answer a question for us? The customized battles, how are they coming along? 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Josh :) Yes, we're working on Custom battles for both consoles and doing our best to solve all the existing issues asap. Can't promise atm that we'll release it in one of the nearest updates, but still.

Hello devs, thx 4 the update :good:

About the Skinner, I'm happy to see that has being some adds ... not at lease we will get a "assist patch", BUT I'll like to know if Skinner will have additional adjusts in the near future?, because is not very congruent that that weapon that cost 2 energy points deals zero damage... or dragging an enemy for the entire map also deal zero damage... (I'm not saying that should be a lot of damage just a really tiny amount of damage will do the work:yes_yes_yes::DD)

Thx! 

8 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Added visual display of the active perk for the machine gun “ST-M26 Tackler

Thank you!

I've been playing with tacklers for a while and never knew how fast the perk activated after you stopped firing. This is very helpful to my playstyle.

Edited by Small_An_Simple
Add text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, *Zhetesh said:

Hello devs, thx 4 the update :good:

About the Skinner, I'm happy to see that has being some adds ... not at lease we will get a "assist patch", BUT I'll like to know if Skinner will have additional adjusts in the near future?, because is not very congruent that that weapon that cost 2 energy points deals zero damage... or dragging an enemy for the entire map also deal zero damage... (I'm not saying that should be a lot of damage just a really tiny amount of damage will do the work:yes_yes_yes::DD)

Thx! 

Should make it so players can break free. Making this trip the hooked pieces off the craft giving the user points for destruction. Maybe some sort of tap out for hooked players to escape? Or an option to detach that causes the attached part and parts on it that aren't attracted to other parts to fall of and be destroyed. Maybe highlighting the section affected by the skinner in red to show the victim what he will be losing.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Tripp1986 said:

Should make it so players can break free. Making this trip the hooked pieces off the craft giving the user points for destruction. Maybe some sort of tap out for hooked players to escape? Or an option to detach that causes the attached part and parts on it that aren't attracted to other parts to fall of and be destroyed. Maybe highlighting the section affected by the skinner in red to show the victim what he will be losing.

I think it's fine as it is.

New map seems nice but it's not showing up in the rotation much. Now make 5 or 6 more new pvp maps please and it would be a nice selection. I love the sight color option, now if we could change shapes that would be great too, a dot sight would be nice etc. The story missions were enjoyable. Spark/Harvesters are still a little too strong. Kapkans got 2 mini "buffs" with the new icon and assist score, they still last too long both on the ground and when they grab someone, and only 1 should be deployable at a time. Harpy/Pulsar hovers are too strong, the weapons need to weigh more, its not fair the damage per weight with those things when you look at the mass of the other main cannons. Crickets still deal too much damage for their rarity, they've needed balancing for a long time. Grenadiers rate of fire should maybe be lowered a little. Besides that, nice too see a steady amount of good content, thanks.

These User Interface changes are always welcome as they've vastly improved the game over the years, Always evolving for the better (in my opinion) and the 'new' options menu for consoles is a brilliant addition that was much needed! If I was to suggest something that needed a priority UI update for the future it would need to be the Technology Tree.

Another great addition hidden in these patch notes is the changes to allow melee weapons to deal damage to enemy turrets in raids, Thank you.

Edited by *CYNRAH

Guest SylentXtinction

I don't know what's going on with Cobra turrets, but they seem nearly useless now. It seems like it takes nothings to take them out. Also, It used to be that Cobras had the advantage over Falcons... since about 2 or 3 updates ago, Falcons wipe them like they're not even there.

Have you guys changed anything on them? If not, they desperately need a bump. 

Please convert the copilot system to a talent/skill point system where you get a set amount of talent/skill points and you can spend them on a mix of bonuses.  It would make crafting much more interesting and it would also open up the game to much more diversity in building.  It would be nice to have categories like: weapon skills, hardware skills, movement skills, mass/tonnage skills, durability skills, support skills (e.g. Kapkan time applied to teammates reduced by 50%), etc. and we can use up all of our points freely in one category or in a balanced mix of categories similar to many rpg games.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.