Geminikid13

[SUGGESTION] "NOT FOR SALE" ITEMS AND A FIX FOR THEM!

"Not for Sale" Items have been around for a while, and I think everyone at one point or another has wondered why we can't salvage them for scrap or use them in crafting. I think that this should be changed, which is where these three core ideas come in.

One: "Not for Sale" items should be salvageable, for the same amount of scrap as a normal item would. Whether or not the resources gained stay "Not for Sale" is up to the devs, depending on how they think it would impact the economy.

Two: All "Not for Sale" items should be usable in crafting. For example, "Not for Sale" Shiv wheels should be able to be used to craft items such as Meat Grinders, just as normal Shiv wheels can. "Not for Sale" resources (if added) such as scrap, copper, wires, etc should also be usable to craft items.

Three: Any item that is crafted using a "Not for Sale" part will also have the trait "Not for Sale", to keep the economy balanced and prevent people from crafting away the trait.

My account was hacked last December, and I was able to successfully have my items recovered by the Support team (A million thanks to you guys, by the way!) However all my items are now "Not for Sale", rendering me unable to craft using any of the parts I currently own, and unable to sell them. I was fine with them being unsellable, I just wished I could still use my hard-earned parts for crafting. So I decided I'd go to the forums and make a suggestion, and here we are now.

Anyways, feel free to add your own suggestions, discuss, and build off my ideas!

• Upvote 3

Hi Geminikid, I have another idea for the items "Not for Sale": make them tradable with price,

for example, I gain an untradable rare blue item from miner's container, but I don't like it, so, if I pay 25% of price of that item in the market I can make the untradable item tradable and I can use it for production of an epic item, salvageable, etc...

I say 25%, but it could be 20%, or 30%, or 35%.

I made this suggestion on the subforum market, but it is still in approval since one month.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, blablabla78987 said:

Hi Geminikid, I have another idea for the items "Not for Sale": make them tradable with price,

for example, I gain an untradable rare blue item from miner's container, but I don't like it, so, if I pay 25% of price of that item in the market I can make the untradable item tradable and I can use it for production of an epic item, salvageable, etc...

I say 25%, but it could be 20%, or 30%, or 35%.

I made this suggestion on the subforum market, but it is still in approval since one month.

As it is, the game's got too many coin sinks (The cost of crafting benches, for example). Your suggestion would require people to drop even more money on an already p2w game.

What annoys me most about 'not for sale' items is that you can't even right-click (or triangle on PS4) and select Trade or Build to find more of the item in the market or craft another one.

I get not being able to trade them, but I never understood the logic behind not being able to use them for fusing.  I think it's because the game treats the 'not for sale' items as completely different items.

• Upvote 1

They take up storage space too! Which I'd be fine with if you could actually use them for stuff, but all you can use them for is building your vehicle. Can't scrap them for resources, can't use them for crafting, can't fuse them... They're a major issue.  

Or it can also be done this way, untradable items can be salvageable, usable in crafting, as you say, and who wants to make it tradable, pay 25% of the price in market. 

• Upvote 1

I'm with you with this

On 4/30/2019 at 8:34 AM, Geminikid13 said:

"Not for Sale" Items have been around for a while, and I think everyone at one point or another has wondered why we can't salvage them for scrap or use them in crafting. I think that this should be changed, which is where these three core ideas come in.

One: "Not for Sale" items should be salvageable, for the same amount of scrap as a normal item would. Whether or not the resources gained stay "Not for Sale" is up to the devs, depending on how they think it would impact the economy.

Two: All "Not for Sale" items should be usable in crafting. For example, "Not for Sale" Shiv wheels should be able to be used to craft items such as Meat Grinders, just as normal Shiv wheels can. "Not for Sale" resources (if added) such as scrap, copper, wires, etc should also be usable to craft items.

Three: Any item that is crafted using a "Not for Sale" part will also have the trait "Not for Sale", to keep the economy balanced and prevent people from crafting away the trait.

My account was hacked last December, and I was able to successfully have my items recovered by the Support team (A million thanks to you guys, by the way!) However all my items are now "Not for Sale", rendering me unable to craft using any of the parts I currently own, and unable to sell them. I was fine with them being unsellable, I just wished I could still use my hard-earned parts for crafting. So I decided I'd go to the forums and make a suggestion, and here we are now.

Anyways, feel free to add your own suggestions, discuss, and build off my ideas!

The devs want to keep "not for trade" -items afecting the market at any way. That's why allowing NFS parts to be salvaged is unfortunately a no-go because you could then sell the resourced you gained from salvation. Adding "Not for sale" -resources sounds too complicated and I wouldn't want to devote development time into something like that.

I strongly support the idea of allowing NFS items to be used in crafting higher tier NFS items. The devs alread allow NFS parts to be used in fusioning parts and allow mixing tradeable and untradeable parts in the process. Using NFS parts to craft other NFS parts would be essentially the same from a market standpoint.

• Upvote 2

A fun thing is that you technically can salvage NFS items... as long as you have 3.

If you use 3 to make an upgraded item you will be able to scrap the upgraded item normally. So I think there is no real reason you shouldn't be able to scrap them (even if it's for very little metal) and I agree that they should be usable in crafting to make NFS items.