VisceraCleaner

Ideas for adventure mode. (and etc..)

<Adventure>

Transportation by Rail: There should be a method to move far fast in open world. (Like Fast Travel, or Carriage.) In adventure mode, there are rails.
What if players can use theses rails? After completing mission (maybe 'fixing rail', or 'operating rail'), player can hook the vehicle to rail and move fast to the other side.
Player only can hook vehicle at the specific place, but unhook the vehicle wherever he wants.
Specific parts are required to use rail. Each can handle different mass limits.
(This will help heavy slow build be useful in large adventure map.)

More designs with multiple optic cameras (or any equipments) moving mechanically
Train (or something loooong) running off the rail.
Smashing enemy with giant container! Or maybe with ship?

Missions providing specific vehicle and special task.

Spoiler

screenshot-190517-012032.thumb.jpg.0bdad

screenshot-190517-012038.thumb.jpg.6aba7

Sideway builds. Players can't place movement part at front or back but is this rule valid for bots in adventure mode?
Sideway design will increases diversity and interest. Like 2 engines on one bot vehicle, the design for sideway build should be applied to bots in an exceptional way.

Spoiler

screenshot-190517-012624.thumb.jpg.f4427

More drones; 1, 2, 3. Drones make player react quickly and exactly. Especially powerful suicide drones are really specialized at this.
Mission which provides controllable drone for task will be interesting.

Very tough bot vehicle with high resistance, but some weakness. Maybe weak damage resistance against one damage type (flame?),
Or some weak points like energy core or fuel tank. Vehicle with big frontal shield (or bumper) will also make play more dynamic. (like bastion bot with 90% resistance bumper.)

Enemies who try self-destruct when their vehicles are unarmed or damaged seriously.

Enemy with giant generator and the other enemies gaining energy from it and attacks with special energy weapon.
So it is like relationship between Artillery and Artillery Ammunition Support Vehicle.

Enemies with weapon which has delay to fire (= time to react) and insane power. 1, 2

Turret bots able to deploy multiple turrets with single turret container.

Enemy or boss using different weapons and modules depending on distance.
And give boss some special boosters to charge or get close to target, or to keep distance. Much easier than developing boss's ai.

Long range snipers with low durability. These type enemies will enhance usage of cannons and other long range weapons a little bit more.

What about extending adventure map? Someday.

Someday, new adventure map with giant lake or dam. Hoover dam? Desert is also nice but greeny forest would be awesome. And Mud!
I wanna cross over the lake with hover. Maybe some parts which can float on the water? wheeled amphibious vehicles or amphibious tank!
(If Balloon wheel can float on water, it will be nice.)
Vehicle snorkel and submerging underwater are also attractive and interesting.

<ETC>

Squad mode for Battle Royal mode: Why not?
And vehicle in Battle Royal mode should have boosters by default.
What if we can choose one vehicle among multiple vehicles?

Why we can't assign co-driver to vehicle? Co-driver automatic replacement for each vehicles!

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

Hello,

I'm a recent player of crossout and i think this game has a lot of potential and it's very cool.However ,i have a few suggestions regarding adventure mode :

the major one is that the "trash" (the little thing you can loot on the field ) is way too small. I loot like 1 bullet or 1 copper or 1 iron which is not enough.When you think you need 300 or more of this compo,this is ridiculous . So i think it would be cool to loot from these "trash" AT LEAST 5 of any compo listed above.Maybe dev could implement something like "random figure between 5 and 10 of any random compo lootable in this mode"

And the same could be applied for the loot of enemies you destroy all over the map.Speaking of loot dropped by enemy,i think the number is too small: you have to destroy 10 enemies to get ,sometimes,0 loot.

I don't demand to have a loot on every enemies,but the number of lootable enemies should be increased in my opinion.

This is it for the moment.

Thank you for this cool game and for this forum.Have a nice day!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The post is a bit all over the place so I'll try to answer adventure-related things.

About a fast transportation thing... How about asphalt roads in adventure simply magically increasing a car's top speed and tracks' speed limit by +10-20km/h? I'm not sure adding parts specifically for fast travel in adventure is worth the efforts tbh.

A side mission overhaul, with missions requiring... not dedicated build, but something that can somewhat do the job would be nice. I posted about how the "go from A to B" side missions could have 3 difficulty levels, with short timers and ennemies chasing you in the harder difficulties making it hard (or outright impossible) for super slow cars. Other side missions could be made or tweaked to favor high grip/agile cars, slow but sturdy cars, etc...

Generally speaking I think the enemies in adventure are horribly weak and poorly designed. Some raid ennemies are fun to fight, but not a single one is in adventure, except maybe the vulture lancer.

@MOLCOS I agree that scrap piles should give 1-2 more metal/copper. I'd rather see that buffed than their chance to appear, since you gotta stop and waste time to collect them. Less piles but bigger = less wasted time for the same amount of ressources.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Clebardman 

I like your idea but i think scrap piles should give more than 1/2 compos.Sometimes you just get 1 ,sometimes you get 5 : i suggest a minimum of 5 and maybe a maximum of 10?

Dev will think it's too much i think but when you need hundreds of copper /metal/bullets ,it's not very much.

I don't think that with this increase player will be farming all day long the awakening mode .

Like i said,a random number between 5 and 10 would be great.

Yeah, I like the idea of "fast travel". I'd love to bring my spiders to the Blood Rocks but it's just too impractical to use them due to long distances.

The physical design of the "rail" could be the one we seen near the eastern oil field in Blookd Rocks. I think a piece of the same rail is used in Broken Arrow too which you can see if you look in the sky when you're at the cap. This rail should be built high up so it doesn't block the view when you're driving normally. The pillars should be built into the mountains so they dont affect the scenery in any way.

• You would set up 6-8 pick up points from which you can grab onto a rail car or whatever by holding R button.
  • You choose the destination by bringing up the "voice command" wheel (regroup here, need help etc.) but instead of the voice commands the wheel shows you destinations which you choose from the wheel like you'd choose the commands. On PC the default keybinding is V button if I remember correctly.
  • Once the rail starts to move you, you can drop off anytime by holding R button.
  • The speed of a rail should be probably 100km/h, minimal to no speed changes due to terrain because you are suspended in the air.

I don't know, it's just a thought, it does kinda go against the whole Mad Max wasteland thing. :dntknw:

EDIT: The rail I described is pretty already there.

Spoiler

BcPZOjI.jpg

Edited by Spedemix
added pic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool ideas.

I think the ia you kill during the awakening through secondary mission or any other mission should give reputation/experience and loot.

Special enemies ,like a leviatan with the name of a devloper for example,should walk accros the map "freely" and engage any player sneaking around.

Killing this special mob,like in diablo ,should give great reward ,like a lumpara or even blue stuff like little boy.

And scrap piles must give more because it's a wast of time to take them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to add,this game is cool but i think you could make some great improvements regarding the group thing.

Do you know this game of blizzard? heroes of the storm? Maybe you play this game,i'm sorry to make some ad for another company,but this game is a good exemple of what could be made to make crossout way more cooler.

+25 % reputation (all) if you are in a group with a guy in the friend list (name of the game),

+25% playing in a group of 2

+33% for playing in a group of 3

+45% for playing in a group of 4.

With this,you will encourage people to play together and make clans,make more money by selling scranner.

Speaking of scanner ,you could make it buyable with un game credits.You will fidelize players.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Adventure modes other suggestions 

> Need to put more Adventure history mission in the rotation. Cause we saw often the same...

> And for green mission, could you decrease difficulty ? Why ? Cause little Power Score player can't doing them at 4, and 2 or 3 hight score players can't get them and the rewards : engraved sleeves are not fair if we lost them close to win → 8 Only.   4 if it's a big loose. And 20 if a win. Mostly hardest green mission in groups is to kill bots waves, is it the same feeling for all Adventure players ? 

> And last suggestion : When we start adventure mission sometimes we are on a map with a green mission started... Could it be possible in the future update to be next green started mission to help the palyers quiclkly 

• Thanks 1

I like a lot of the ideas here, so I'll just add my 20c worth, as usual.

Can we have an actual 'Market' in the Market?  This would be a place that players would only see occasionally - 1 time per 12 hours.

At the market you can exchange the Engraved Shells for other items - common cabs, weapons, hardware and wheels.

3 different tents offer the various exchange items - 1 each.  If you don't like the exchange rate or items, then don't accept. Wait until the next one...

It would give those with an abundance of shells to exchange them for something other than the crafting options of the engineers.

Just an idea.

I really like adventure mode and would love to see some leviathan battle action in here. (Similar to the destroy missions)

Edited by Stoopid_noob
  • Like 2