Ruou

Map Idea - Aircraft Carrier (Encounter)

Hello! 

There are some maps in Crossout that use ships, but they are used as obstacles. So what if we have a map where you fight on the ship?

Not entirely on the ship of course, we need more space for both teams as well as some more diversity. So my idea would be to create an Encounter map (and possibly Domination) where there is an Aircraft Carrier that had hit the shore.

I envision the map to look like this:

• The ship is located between two cliffs on the southern side of the map;
  • Both teams start on the cliffs, west and east (so one team is on the stern side of the ship and the other starts near the bow;
  • The cliffs are connected to the ship via makeshift "bridges";
  • The northern side of the map is a valley of dried ocean with pools of water and obstacles such as various parts of planes and other carrier equipment;
  • The valley would be accessible by simply riding downhill from the cliffs;
  • The point would be located in the middle of the ship (this could work for Domination mode as well, with additional points down the valley on the east and west);

If the advantage of the high ground caused problems, the ship could have a tilt to prevent players on the ship to snipe down those on the valley (but I personally think that would add to the strategic aspect of the game and encourage players to fight for the point).

I imagine there could be a problem on the other side of the ship, to create some sort of barrier that prevent players from falling off the map. The barrier should be something plausible, or to add something really unique, make it so players falling off the wrong side of the ship would simply die (because of height or something).

I think this map could prove to be something fun for players as it would be perfect for players that prefer to strategically position themselves, and also because of the many obstacles, players who prefer close combat would have something for them as well.

Also I don't think the map is too similar to any other currently in the game so this could be another strong point in favour of this idea.

What do you think?

Edited by Ruou
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

We still have many area not been visit yet. Large body of water, snow and ice...etc

I hope... some day the game can extended to water side of things(Waterworld).

I do like OP's idea. Carrier are not all that big for cars or tanks are they?

On 6/1/2019 at 1:43 PM, ChopChopChop said:

We still have many area not been visit yet. Large body of water, snow and ice...etc

I hope... some day the game can extended to water side of things(Waterworld).

I do like OP's idea. Carrier are not all that big for cars or tanks are they?

I will answer that with an image.

story-behind-the-cars-on-an-aircraft-car

I hope that drivers don't suffer from seasickness :lol:

just kidding, good map, +1.

I suggest also who falls in water can came up only with a Skinner, or an ally can pull up him with a Skinner.