Ka1deron

[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players

MainENG.jpg

Greetings to all inhabitants of the Wasteland! Today we are opening a new series of “Developer blogs”, dedicated to the ideas and suggestions received from you!

Please note that this release contains only those proposals that are currently being worked on as well as those that are currently being discussed by the development team.

We would like to start with changes related to the “personal file of the survivor”. Almost immediately after the launch of this feature in the game, players asked us to add the option to hide their profile. This option required quite a lengthy optimization process, and we are pleased to inform you that we plan to include it in one of the upcoming updates!

The next option, which will also soon appear in the game, will be the option to highlight and “block” a specific part in your warehouse. This will help avoid situations where a particular part was accidentally sold or used in crafting.

We continue to improve various aspects of the game exhibition and we are already finishing work on the feature proposed by the players — advanced search filters.

At the moment, using the “can build” filter, you can only see crafts that you have all the required parts for. Soon you will be able to choose armoured vehicles at the exhibition for which you have a base, weapons or chassis, and replace the remaining elements with your own options.

1ENG.jpg

2ENG.jpg

Thus, if you activate the filter and select the item “weapons” and “appearance customization”, the exhibition will show all armoured vehicles that can be fully assembled, as well as those blueprints for which there are not enough weapons or paint/ stickers.

Changes will also affect the weapons, in particular, the revolver “Corvo”. Now, various additional modules installed on your armoured vehicle will directly affect its reload speed. Moreover, these changes will affect not only the reloading indicator but also the animation and sound effects for the revolver itself.

The following suggestions have been tabled with the development team:

From the moment combat drones appeared in Crossout, we received a large number of suggestions concerning both various changes and the complete reworks of their mechanics. So, one of the ideas was to add 2 modes of action to drones — the first one, automatic, would be similar to the current mechanics of drones. The second mode implied manual controls. For example, the player indicated a specific target and the drone concentrated fire only on it. When the target was destroyed, the player could choose a new target or change the mode of operation.

Developer comment:

In the early stages of drone development, we considered various options for the mechanics for this weapon. In the near future, we have no plans to change the principles of their work, but now this idea is being actively discussed and it is quite possible that we will return to it later.

Another proposal was devoted to the processing of the “Invasion” mode. The idea was that after the timer expired, the player deserved a victory, not a defeat. An alternative was presented — to completely eliminate the timer from the mode.

Developer comment:

We are currently working on improving this mode, and are looking for various ways to improve the game experience in the “Invasion”. Such changes directly affect the key mechanics of the mode, so for any such revisions, it can take quite a long time. As part of previous updates, we gradually changed the mechanics of other raids and, based on these changes, we plan to rework Invasion in the future.

We also regularly receive suggestions for reworking the gaming market, including the option to exchange coins and parts, as well as donate them to your friends.

Developer comment:

We have no plans for such changes. Anonymity in the market ensures fairness of transactions conducted there and is generally useful for trading in an ever-changing trading platform. Moreover, current mechanics provide additional protection against potential fraud. We also strongly recommend that you enable the 2-step authentication for your game account — this way you can stop any attempts by intruders to gain access to your account.

We remind you that you can share your ideas and suggestions in a special section on our forum.

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you plan to remove the timer consider to remove the tower too, most times it is  hard enough to fight the Leviathan alone and this should be the main thing and Not protect a Paper tower.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Draco_Night, hello! At the moment we are considering a number of options to improve the key aspects of this mode. As it has already been mentioned in the devblog, it might take a while, but we intend to share more details as the development progresses.

Well at least some QoL changes, nice.

It would be nice if we could hide our profile publicly, but make it always visible for clan members.

We should also have the ability to hide our in game presence so ppl cant stalk you like it is now.

Edited by szefopl

Ka1deron (Posted )

Thanks for sharing these suggestions with us! It is quite possible that other aspects of the profile privacy will be improved in the future updates.
  • Upvote 1

I have 1 question that irritates me most

From the announcement of complex raid lots of PVE fans got excited. It has been already 1 year and counting but Targem diverted its manpower + resources to Adventure mode. This is really a bad decision.

I want to ask why Targem did a turn like this. ?

Complex raid should have been finished if the overall resource + manpower didnt diverted to Adventure + storyline.

What seems  worse  that Targem will continue to go like that working and spending resources on adventure whereas they should prioritize finishing complex raid and give us proper challeging pve scenario.

Ka1deron (Posted )

StreaMRoLLeR, hello! At the moment we would like to improve the elements that already exist in the game (including various additions to the adventure mode). We know that there are a lot of players who are excited to take part in the complex raid and once we deal with the current matters, it is very possible that the work on this raid will be continued. As always, we will share more details as the development progresses.

Still think the Tow needs some love, under used. But hey atleast I found out it works with the neutrino. Just hope the fact that TOW+Neutrino+radar detector = Able to see enemy explosives within detector range even if out of sight is intentional. IT doesn't work in garage but does in matches....

The garage play seems to have some consistency problems with the main game, like how physics act slightly different and vehicles seem to speed up or slow down slower in garage testing.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Warbrand2, hello! Could you please specify, what problems connected with different physics and speed in the Garage do you mean? If you could provide with more specific examples (like the one you've mentioned) in more detailed bug-reports, it will be appreciated.
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Are you going to do something about Harvester/lance leviathans, It's almost impossible to counter them considering that they mostly appear in low PS bracket.

Ka1deron (Posted )

SergeantAsh, thank you for the signal! Can you specify the PS level on which you usually encounter those leviathans?

I am happy about the Corvo change :) It is a good weapon but the reload was holding it back from becoming useful. 
However, i like that players' profiles are publicly visible. I like to check the patches and guide. It is also useful when someone is raging against me. It is useful to able to see that someone has played 10 times less missions than me and it is usually those ppl that get salty and even accuse me or using hacks :DD

Ka1deron (Posted )

Thank you for sharing your opinion! One of the features that we are trying to impove with the profile privacy is that we want to let the players to choose whether they want to keep their profile public or limit the access to their statistics. You will be able to configure this element and make the profile visible only for your friends, for example.

Better interface and more options for players to choose the way they like to use their builds.  Some welcoming news. 

Oh, I know this is not a suggestion area. But, will you guys please re-look at the daily missions?  I know it works well, but it could have expanding to players to choose to use more than the 3 basic weapons.  With that in placed, we should have less of the being "forced to" feel, as some players call it. :002:

Thanks.:012j:

Ka1deron (Posted )

Thanks, ChopChopChop! At the moment there are no plans to change the structure of daily missions, but it is very possible that we will return to this question in the future.
  • Upvote 4

And the market influence has been done, corvo now cost just under 400 coins :) 

Allright. Cool!

If a devblog series helps you communicate with everyone else about what the community is going through, then I'm all in for it.

Nice to see you folks working on better search filters (hopefully that'll work for market history too) and also nice to see you take an official stance on the market gifting system.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! Yes, the following format is an experimental one, so it's possible that it will receive some changes in the next blogs. It's great to hear that you guys like it and we plan to release more devblogs like this one later in the future;)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Where indeed is raid: chase? Official reason of start point fixing could't be this big of a job.

The absence of that particular raid mode has lead fuel price to plummet to very low point. Please acknowledge the community's preference of high risk / quick reward -mode in raids.

• Upvote 6

This new format of Dev Blogs looks way less organized. If i hadn't read the comments i wouldn't even notice the Corvo buff. Before every aspect of the game was way better fragmented and navigating through the Blog was way easier.

Also give chase back, at this point I'm pretty sure you just keep it out because of tusk builds.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Hello,

Is nice to have more filters is always a good thing, however I need to ask:

-Could we have the option to search by author?  Some times in game I see a build with potential, but I'm unable to locate the author designs...

Thx! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Hello again,

I would like also know if you plan improve the markets Windows, adding filters, showing more info etc,

The game within the game Windows haven't be improve since I remember...

Thank you again.

Hello,

I have been enjoying some whirlwinds lately and I´m quite happy with the way they work. I´m quite disappointed with the recieved points though. Whirlwinds are quite tactical weapon and their power is in deguning and destroying wheels. This way however the wheelless gunless enemy is finished off by teammates and the sniper responsible for the kill is rewarded with ... 200 pt at the end of the match.

One game on the other hand I held two cannon builds at bay to prevent them from destroying my team which was capping getting both on fire but logically killing none because they pulled back. With about 1500 cabin damage in total I recieved 30 points and no reward.

- Dealing 2000 "white" damage should be rewarded with the same points as dealing 2000 cabin damage. Actually destroying a structural part thus may not be rewarded (as the damage is rewarded anyway).

- Destroing a weapon or a movement part should be rewarded with something between 50 and 200 points depending on the parts total hp.

Also in raids there is sort of the opposite problem because rewards are calculated based on cabin damage. This way someone who deguns all the bots gets about 1pt per bot purely for collateral damage and someone who focuses on the gunless useless bot recieves 3pt for contributing far less.

- Destroing one weapon of regular enemies in raids should land 1pt, destroing weapons of elite enemies can land more

- Destroing the weaponless enemy should count for 1 or 2 pt

This way those who actually contribute are rewarded.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bring back Chase yesterday.

I'm pretty sure most of us are still waiting on the Co-driver rework.

Make decor and untradable items not take up inventory space. People are going to be sick of playing events (moreso) if they feel like you want them to buy more inventory space every time.

Nerf Fafnir.

Your news items are white text on a black background. PLEASE give the same option for the forums.

Edited by Pickle_Rick_420
  • Upvote 8

when you have an ETA for fixing clan tags name which are not shown properly?

• Upvote 2

I would like to see the option for camera control scheme on keyboard. The options are already available for gamepad users with relative to car/camera and race 1 and 2. This would give more driving options for people using strafing vehicles (hovers meatgrinders legs). The option was available in robocraft and totaly changed my experience for the better when using strafing vehicles.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

Can you add a easy diagram in the marketplace, where you better can se what was the price in the last 14 days?

Also a graphic that shows you if the price of the item is high or low.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

@Bjkalderon Sadly I can't be more specific on the garage oddities as they are inconsistent. If they where always there then I would have made a bug report long ago. It is something I can't nail down. And I don't know what. The most common that I can prove is acceleration doesn't match what you get in matches.

One of developer can go with me in private i have an probleme with the chat comment

Edited by Zelef33530

Beta_Angel (Posted )

Your more then welcome to start a private message anytime
  • Confused 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.