[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players

Ka1deron

57 minutes ago, Willum_Nass said:

I would like to see the option for camera control scheme on keyboard. The options are already available for gamepad users with relative to car/camera and race 1 and 2. This would give more driving options for people using strafing vehicles (hovers meatgrinders legs). The option was available in robocraft and totaly changed my experience for the better when using strafing vehicles.

That option in robocraft lead to an era of suffering and now its the only usable control scheme, it ruined the entire game as FJ balanced everything around that control option that never should have been added in the first place. All it will do is make hovers, walkers, and augers as brainless to drive as a shotgun wedge. So no bloody thank you. keep Camera control cancer away from this game. I came to crossout because I actually have to use my brain to play.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 7

14 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

We would like to start with changes related to the “personal file of the survivor”. Almost immediately after the launch of this feature in the game, players asked us to add the option to hide their profile. This option required quite a lengthy optimization process, and we are pleased to inform you that we plan to include it in one of the upcoming updates!

"Almost"? Like maybe an hour after the update from a year ago? OK. Too bad I won't need it now that I simply have to show off my two Tank Ducks for the event to be worth a fraction of the trouble.

The next option, which will also soon appear in the game, will be the option to highlight and “block” a specific part in your warehouse. This will help avoid situations where a particular part was accidentally sold or used in crafting. 

This option will be very useful. Maybe to those that are legally forbidden to use sidewalks without a guardian. Something similar to making the Incinerator's trajectory flatter in update 0.10.25, perhaps to make it easier for bad Incinerator builds to hit targets. But that way the minimum distance was increased, making the weapon even less suitable for close combat. Except with proper building, it was possible to hit targets almost point-blank, specifically by taking advantage of the more curved trajectory. But, everyone else seems to be blissfully content with their incinerators after update 0.10.25, despite the fact that the minimum distance was moved further away by a good several meters, and to have as close a range as possible, now one has to build taller - making the vehicle easier to spot and hit.

Changes will also affect the weapons, in particular, the revolver “Corvo”. Now, various additional modules installed on your armoured vehicle will directly affect its reload speed. Moreover, these changes will affect not only the reloading indicator but also the animation and sound effects for the revolver itself.

This will make the Corvo even more devastating, in addition to the already deadly combination of quadruple Corvos, all with the infamous Sniper upgrade, on a hovercraft nonetheless, undermounted for more raw powerrr! :fighter:

9 hours ago, Warbrand2 said:

Still think the Tow needs some love, under used. But hey atleast I found out it works with the neutrino. Just hope the fact that TOW+Neutrino+radar detector = Able to see enemy explosives within detector range even if out of sight is intentional. IT doesn't work in garage but does in matches....

The TOW can easily be improved by re-introducing the change from 2018.09.21, when for a few hours it was possible to control the missile in the second, boosted phase. That change looked like it was a finished feature because it was well-balanced in that by going into the second phase right after launching it was possible to launch more missiles in some situations, at the cost of a greater chance of missing the targets. Just after a few hours a quickfix removed that functionality, and it wasn't explained why, nor why it was implemented in the first place. So we've been waiting for TOW improvements since that day, while a finished solution, ready for a re-release, is being kept hidden from us, and thus we're unable to properly test it and comment on it. A perfect example of Crossout logic.
Thanks for the good info on the synergy with the Neutrino. :smile:

4 hours ago, King0Andrew said:

One game on the other hand I held two cannon builds at bay to prevent them from destroying my team which was capping getting both on fire but logically killing none because they pulled back. With about 1500 cabin damage in total I recieved 30 points and no reward. 

This is similar to protecting the team with barriers. When I load up four Barier IXs (all upgraded for +2 sec. duration), a Kapkan and a Doppler Full Range, and, with how much the Barrier IX has been nerfed, if I happen to actually help the team rather than doom it, for a change (again, due to the nerfing, not my skill as a Cleric), I get 0 reputation if I don't do any damage. So what are the Aegis patches for? If at least I could have the satisfaction of using a well-balanced Barrier IX, but no. It worked fine at release, was predictable to my team, and the long recharge counterbalanced its indestructibility. Update 0.8.30 removed that element of predictability by making the Barrier IX easy to destroy with rockets and grenades. There's that opinion ex ano that it's great there's a way to counter the Barrier IX - except it just makes the module not worth the energy, given the fact that allies will put themselves under enemy fire due to a mistaken sense of safety. The Barrier IX was already countered by melees as well as Porcupine and Fortune projectiles (shouldn't they explode on contact twith the Barrier IX's force field, e.g. due to the Fortune's tires being "filled with unstable explosives"?). What the Barrier IX needs to be is, first and foremost, predictable, and when it cannot be relied on for protection, it doesn't protect, it gimps the user and handicaps the entire team. In this regard, delaying its activation by 2 seconds further reduced its usefulness - before, I could deploy as soon as I saw an enemy fire a cannon shell, and now I have to guess what happens in 2 seconds. Maybe it's a Russian thing, to be so optimistic, not care about the future, but the rest of the world likes to have more certainty. The lopping off of 2 seconds of the active time also reduced the duration by 2 seconds, which in practice made the basic, unfused version even less useful. And it was not explained why the active time was reduced. Makes no sense. Just like teaming a group of 4 with 1900+ points in Spring Mayhem with 2 yahoos just dropped by to see what that was all about, maybe snipe a little, have some fun, get killed, who cares, they hadn't planned to play for points anyway. So out of some 148000+ players maybe a little over 200 got the second Tank Duck.

4 hours ago, Pickle_Rick_420 said:

Make decor and untradable items not take up inventory space. People are going to be sick of playing events (moreso) if they feel like you want them to buy more inventory space every time.

Or all those items could become tradeable. Second Tank Duck: lots of time and stress - untradeable. Or buy a regular one for 30c. Battle Royale trophy: 2 days + lots of luck - boom, 10000 coins. Also, on one of my teams for the event, there was a person didn't get the duck, and having two Tank Ducks, I'd like to gift her one. And I can't, nor can she even buy one. All that extra time after getting 1700 points for nothing. An actual female player, got up to 1900+ points, no duck because of the bad matchmaking.

4 hours ago, Pickle_Rick_420 said:

I'm pretty sure most of us are still waiting on the Co-driver rework.

But not like Hans was nerfed. Now he has 9 skills which are practically wasted skill slots: Savvy, Resilient and Quick Draw. Also, Hans' skills used to affect all wheeled drones, now only Sidekicks.
There could be like special missions to have the co-drivers learn skills, or just a simple skill tree to choose from.

Edited by Omega616
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SergeantAsh said:

Are you going to do something about Harvester/lance leviathans, It's almost impossible to counter them considering that they mostly appear in low PS bracket.

4~6K PS

Edited by SergeantAsh

1 hour ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:

Do more granular balance changes and listen LESS to the community whining regarding balance. Make real PVE bots that scale fairly, and have real builds with real consequences for them, and can't go 117km/h without an engine. Fix decor armor. Take out win/loss ratio as part of the matchmaker, and make bots on both teams perform equally well.

This +9000. The roller coaster of nerfs and buffs can be tempered with an already existing mechanism, power score. For example I don't mind the old harvester, but what I minded was seeing spark/harvester builds in the 5K range of matches.  PVE bots do have a disadvantage sometimes with the AI behaviour, but certainly not when it comes to aim or the ability to upright themselves without a car jack (to me this is a minor annoyance though as there are ways to compensate for bot behaviour). Decor armor also needs to be addressed and it's benefit should be in the reputation bonus it provides. Neon signs should not be a 'go to' part for protection from cannon shells.  The win/loss ratio to matchmaker does need to be less of a factor.  It seems like I can play a 6.7k build and see enemy builds in the high 8k to low 9k builds some times... if win/loss ratio is the reason, that's like handing the enemy the win.

1 hour ago, Omega616 said:

This option will be very useful. Maybe to those that are legally forbidden to use sidewalks without a guardian.

So out of some 148000+ players maybe a little over 200 got the second Tank Duck.

I have been walking on sidewalks without guardianship for quite some time (legally too!) and the ability to lock items from crafting or sale (and fusion??) I will find useful.  

:D

Also as I posted in the Spring Mayhem thread I'm officially jealous of those who made it to platinum and above.  I was 44 points away at one point, but couldn't keep the positive momentum.. and that's with a 60% win ratio. At times it seemed like the event was against me, and I have stats that suggest such too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Raid_75 said:

Also as I posted in the Spring Mayhem thread I'm officially jealous of those who made it to platinum and above.  I was 44 points away at one point, but couldn't keep the positive momentum.. and that's with a 60% win ratio. At times it seemed like the event was against me, and I have stats that suggest such too.

Well that sucks.

I hope better luck to you in the future. Even more, I hope these events wouldn't rely on luck so much. Not if they require effort as much as the do.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Can you Allow Leviathens to be used in Bedlum, give them the caucus select fire and it would be all set. I feel like the leviathens are just underused really, at least give them some place where players can actually use them.

Also adding a select target to drones would be better. its a double edged sword, player selects a target all drones focus on that target, leaving the carrier generally defenseless, In my mind it makes the carrier think stategically , what targets to choose, how many drones needed, etc etc, that combined with the nerfs the drones have already recieved (excpet grenaders which probably needs a hp and or damage reducition) i believe that they would be better balanced this way.

Edited by leonidas1210
  • Upvote 3

I just want to say: nice improvements BUT, can you do something to make decent connectivity to your servers? The ping makes it almost impossible to play in some regions.

You can add all the improvements you want, but if you do not solve the ping / delay, everything will be useless.

It is so expensive buy a couple of servers and install in the correct place?

I challenge to the devs to play this beautiful game with 290 of ping!!

Edited by lamanu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/23/2019 at 8:25 AM, BjKalderon said:

Changes will also affect the weapons, in particular, the revolver “Corvo”. Now, various additional modules installed on your armoured vehicle will directly affect its reload speed. Moreover, these changes will affect not only the reloading indicator but also the animation and sound effects for the revolver itself. 

My fanciest weapon! ♥ And still one of the least useful ones but I don't care.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hinskaal said:

My fanciest weapon! ♥ And still one of the least useful ones but I don't care.

so it can also be affected by the everpresent sparks...

Guest eLF1288

On 5/23/2019 at 5:25 PM, Willum_Nass said:

I would like to see the option for camera control scheme on keyboard. The options are already available for gamepad users with relative to car/camera and race 1 and 2. This would give more driving options for people using strafing vehicles (hovers meatgrinders legs). The option was available in robocraft and totaly changed my experience for the better when using strafing vehicles.

This is a good idea. Should also make fuel barrels not cost power score. The explosion is the punishment don't need to double punish.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:34 PM, SergeantAsh said:

4~6K PS

I beat the tower ramming Levs about 95 pct of the time.I use an incinerator and 2 x turrets. Place the 2 turrets next to the ramming spot on the tower at 3 O Clock and drive around in circles near the ramming point. Use the incinerator to place a ring of fire in the areas approaching the tower. the Lev will drive through the fire and de-cloak. The Turrets will block the Lev from ramming the tower. Instead it will start chasing around the players. The Incinerator weapon will destroy Spears and Lances easily. The Spark does not slow fire damage. So if the Sparkvester drives into the fire it will melt. 

A word of warning. If you team gets pulled away from the tower by a Lev on the outer circle you will leave the inner tower undefended. You have to stay focused and one person needs to stay close to the tower.  The incinerator is by far the best weapon for invasion mode. It gives everyone else damage bonuses on the Lev.

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2019 at 8:44 AM, YUKI_ONNA___SKIN said:

WHERE IS CHASE RAID!!!

Also can we replace the collection missions with some sort of Chase/Race or Escape Mission or have some action added. I like to think of this game as a movie where we are the action hero. Clicking on objects is ok but its needs more action. Maybe click on objects then get chased back to the meeting point. Maybe click on the objects with a timer running and then get ambushed by a mob of fodder. Everyone playing will pay to see Vin Diesel, drive, fight or race. No one pays to see Vin Diesel pick up his closet. Just sayin. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:53 AM, Warbrand2 said:

Still think the Tow needs some love, under used. But hey atleast I found out it works with the neutrino. Just hope the fact that TOW+Neutrino+radar detector = Able to see enemy explosives within detector range even if out of sight is intentional. IT doesn't work in garage but does in matches....

The garage play seems to have some consistency problems with the main game, like how physics act slightly different and vehicles seem to speed up or slow down slower in garage testing.

I think garage works different because it's client-side, if you hit F11 you'll see that you have next to no ping when building in the garage/in the garage driving course. 

This Game would attract and maintain people if it used a more fair system  in matching ive been in matches where im at 7k range going against people 9k ib power no a fair match up. Weapons should only be alowed at certian levels STOP the Seal Clubing these people run in groups  of 5 all night at 5k level and every one of them run Legendaries  becomes prety Toxic when you run against them match after match. People just building up cant compete with that. You should not be able to be in match with a blue weapon till 3k thru 5K epics 5 to 9k and Legendaries and relics 9K plus would make for a more balanced game and would keep people playing. Who wants to grind up past 5k when all people do is Seal Club it is no Fun to run into the same Group all the time being dominated ungaist un unfair atvantage New players will just Quit its no Fun

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bullzzeyes said:

This Game would attract and maintain people if it used a more fair system 

Before I post this I want to make it clear I am a P2W Account. I buy stuff because I despise the grind.

I can explain how the same people keep getting large advantages in matches.  I noticed that the same accounts keep showing up as +1500 or +2500 in matches. So I pulled the log files and looked up the accounts that are always high or always low using existing game tools. The X factor in matches is number of hours played. So people with a newer account will constantly get into a match a PS advantage.

00:25:41.573  CMBT   |     player  2, uid 07652131, party 00000000, nickname: AlwaysHigher            , team: 1, bot:   0, ur: 8079, ladder pos -1
00:25:41.573  CMBT   |     player  3, uid 07700508, party 00000000, nickname: AlwaysHigher     , team: 2, bot:   0, ur: 8027, ladder pos -1
00:25:41.573  CMBT   |     player  6, uid 02918696, party 00000000, nickname: AlwaysLower              , team: 1, bot:   0, ur: 6380, ladder pos -1
00:25:41.573  CMBT   |     player  7, uid 06122066, party 00000000, nickname: BeepBeepImaSheep    , team: 2, bot:   0, ur: 6474, ladder pos -1

Here is where that design choice fails badly. Lets say you are a grinder and a crafter like this AlwaysHigher guy in my logs. You spend your first hundred hours in game in low level matches fighting against people using weaker rare weapons. Now compare that to Mr Wallet Warrior in my logs. If Wallet Warrior plays low PS he gets his Sparkvester vs your Vector Build. Because he bought Legendary Weapons with $$$ . Now Grinder/Crafter guy can't play in High PS matches because the game won't give him enough materials to make a high PS build. But Wallet Warrior can go higher PS build with his 8000 PS Tsunami Spider build. Because he has fewer hours Matchmaker is setting his up to Auto Seal Club by giving him a large PS advantage over the other players and bots in the same match. 

Matchmaker is heavily favoring new players who buy their wins. Matchmaker is punishing new players who craft, grind and use those scanners to slowly get to a decent build. Understand that this statement is coming from someone who is part of that P2W group. It is important for the long term health of the game that we don't screw over the people grinding like this. If you have a Legendary weapon you know how to play. You do not need a huge PS advantage in your matches from Matchmaker. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Suggestion: Remove ALL large decors to save developement time for other things! Lets use stickers for exp bonus.

Some months ago we invested time and resources in earning some like @winterevent and others before, and now you want to make them useless - you know how much we needed to build them, compensate us generously! Take a serious price like 6 month ago, or give us the resources and some extra coins.

• Upvote 1

My sugestion put to the test:

Cabin Durability
Adjusted like Tires
Guerilla 250 250
WWT1 310 310
Huntsman 275 275
Thug 280 280
Docker 390 390
Duster 170 170
Growl 230 322
Trucker 410 574
Wyvern 290 406
Bear 340 476
Carapace 440 616
Fury 310 434
Jawbreaker 395 553
Pilgrim 320 448
Bat 330 462
Hot Rod 305 427
Jockey 380 532
Cerberus 285 798
Werewolf 250 700
Tusk 245 686
Torero 310 868
Quantum 260 728
Favorite 280 784
Ghost 330 924
Steppe Spider 445 1246
Icebox 455 1274
Humpback 470 1316

This would fix the Cabin problem. Right now there is no value in taking a better cabin. This adjusts the structure on Cabins the same way that the game is adjusting tires. Rare  for Tires is 40% and Epic is an addition 100 % boost in structure. The person putting a Sparkvester on a Huntsman would have 275 base structure but the Rare Cabin Rare weapon build will have 400+ base structure. The additional damage of the sparkvester is countered by the additional soak of the advanced Cabins. The person putting all their PS into the weapon gets offense and the person putting all their PS into the Cabin gets defense.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if theres any plan on fixing "seal clubbing" via matchmaking.  Perhaps make matchmaking more based on a win loss as a percentage  so clubbers are forced to just fight each other/get bumped up in a power score tier.

or make power score more reflective on weapons. Ie change epic ps to 1.25x current, legendary 1.5x, relics 1.75x current power scores. Just keep them out if it is actually a problem. (Not that i think it is, durability vs firepower dura tends to win)

i dunno man im tired of everything revolving around 20 likes on a youtube channel that inly shows garage play instead of the thousands of videos that show clan wars .

13 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

I was wondering if theres any plan on fixing "seal clubbing" via matchmaking.  Perhaps make matchmaking more based on a win loss as a percentage  so clubbers are forced to just fight each other/get bumped up in a power score tier.

or make power score more reflective on weapons. Ie change epic ps to 1.25x current, legendary 1.5x, relics 1.75x current power scores. Just keep them out if it is actually a problem. (Not that i think it is, durability vs firepower dura tends to win)

i dunno man im tired of everything revolving around 20 likes on a youtube channel that inly shows garage play instead of the thousands of videos that show clan wars .

Supposedly, the MM takes into account a player's level of Engineer's Prestige. So, a player with a Prestige Level of 70+ should never see a newer player with only level 30 non-Prestige. Hopefully that is working, at least. 

• Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.