[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players

Ka1deron

Some ideas my friends and I that play have:

Clan wars should have a power score limit per rank so in the rust start at 5000-6999 PS then 7000-8999 and so on.  This could make it competitive for newer clans and players at the beginning ranks.

We also agree with Coldfire Games about different rewards in Clan Battles like using copper, plastic and Electronics for rewards instead of scrap

Give being in a clan more bonuses like give clans a Clan only exhibition so the clan members can share builds with each other and not have to make them fully public. you could also give a 5% XP bump for playing with 4 members of your clan in a group.

possibly a way to balance the games and prevent "seal clubbing"  there could be restrictions on weapons and cabs. for example white and blue weapons can be used on any cab, purple weapons can only be used on blue and purple cabs and yellow and orange can only be used on purple cabs.

Bring back Chase and or decrease the Grind it takes to do existing raids.

In missions you could allow for 6v6, 7v7 or 8v8 and use less bots.  also try to "Shuffle the Deck" better.  It gets old playing the same 4 players match after match. heck sometimes we will sit in queue for 1-2 minutes to wait for the people we just played to play another mission then drop in against us again. 

• Upvote 4

Could we plz get some kapkans deployed in the test drive area so counter measures can b perfected. Thx

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If I can have a few wishes.

Connects markets of PS4 XBOX and PC.

More people means more realistic market.

PS differences should not be greater than 10%.

Because it is very frustrating to fight someone who has one more weapon than you.
Often the opponents have 25% more horsepower.
Sometimes even 30%
For example, if I have 5500 ps and 2 executioners, the opponent can have 3 executors at 25-30% hp.
Sorry, but that should not be! 

You should also give non-clan players the opportunity to earn uranium. Without it being extremely expensive to buy in the market. Not everyone has the opportunity to play in the Clan. 

Squats should fight squats of equal horsepower and number of people in PVP.

Change the Task System. 
Instead, win 10 battles, better play 20 battles. Or do x points.

The difference in reward between winning and losing is far too great. (in PVP and PVE) 
Because you have too little influence on winning and losing.
That's frustrating.

If it does not matter that much, if you win, everyone has more fun.

More fun means more players, more players means more money for the developers!

At the moment it is more work than fun.

Thank you for your efforts developer!
Keep it up!

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Battle royal, raids, we need a Loading screen we have no idea how long our wait will be. Or if anyone is trying to play these modes. 

Firebugs and porcupines are all bright red can't camo them at all. Just big bright red targets. Firebug could be smaller we need help to hide the fragile items. 

If someone participates ie has points or is killed in clan battles and is disconnected you should not be penalized. Network issues aside if you did participated and gained or gave points you should not have a penalty. 

Kapcan typhoon meta it's just to easy to lay a trap and backup to destroy small fast builds. Especially since you added speed to legs. The Kapcan needs tweaked to allow them more holding time based on how long they have been deployed. As is they are tossed at will and you are shutdown for 10 seconds makes the melee shotgun approach far less feasible than cannons to drop a trap and backup. Maybe remove the Kapcan and camouflage from clan wars. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Heavy_Metal_2018 said:

Connects markets of PS4 XBOX and PC.

More people means more realistic market.

Xbox had the duping bug that ruined their market. More people but also much more coins.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/7/2019 at 5:34 PM, oddland said:

We also agree with Coldfire Games about different rewards in Clan Battles like using copper, plastic and Electronics for rewards instead of scrap

Whos "we", cuz this would be the last nail in the coffin for raids and im against that.

I wanted to suggest adding 3 more brackets to clan wars.

In other words, to add weight classes in a sense that would give more players the opportunity to get involved.

You would have 4 divisions each with their own respective top 10:

2.5-5k - feather

5-7.9k - welter

8-10k - heavy

10k+ - champion

Clan leaders would select which divisions they will enter. Each division has weapon restrictions to prevent the use of upper tier weapons in the lowest rung in order to facilitate a rank in which new players and clans can contend with minimal clubbing.

This will get more people interested in playing longer because each tier of competition offers a better payout. That payout needs to consist of enough resources to make it worth fighting for. This will, in turn, begin honing new clans for upper tier battles by providing a small leg up on uranium to winners of the heavy division.

A side note: to prevent uranium hording clans should be restricted to competing in either the heavy or the champion division. 

Lastly, I'd like to apologize to you for my harsh criticism of your game. I enjoy it very much, and my hope in offering this suggestion is that you will see how much value it has. To include more players in clan wars will only serve better diversify our community, as well as bringing cross out back into the fold of competitive multiplayer.

Thank you for your time, and your effort.

Edited by I_Rudejester_I
  • Sad 1

Where there some tweeks made to the raids today(july 15)? The game seems off balance , the bots are OP. I'm getting crushed on normal with PS 7500. The truck in the raid isn't surviving like usual.Usually easy is easy, normal is pay attention , hard is a challenge . Right now the game is frustrating . Seems the bots need to be tweeked down. The truck armor tweeked up .I like working for plastic , but gah not this hard. 40 fuel for 9 plastic . I've only made it 1/3 to 1/2 way today on like 8 raids on normal . It isn't usually like this.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe add ingame mines (like Kapkan) against Meele`s. Then its possible to survive against it. 

Also change Lancelot from 1 energy up to 2 Energy. 

Edited by ___NeoX___

Can you all fix problems that have occurred since this last update. Wheeled drones are now shooting at destroyed missile shooter in raids instead of the actual spawned enemies. Everytime we log in we have to accept the user agreement. Not to mention everytime we log in we have to redo our settings for screen size and minimap sizes. However, thanks for the new map and items in inventory.

• Haha 1

invasionwedge.jpg.65f93d8b1e42438610260c

Only had 20 Invasion matches in a row where tiny car immobilized a Leviathan.

ORLYMatchmaker.jpg.55b1451c9bfec29491602

As we all know 3 Stone Spears compensate for one planet killing energy weapon. This will make for awesome gameplay.

• Haha 7

^^I gotta agree with that.

IMO much more reasonable would be if wedges wouldn't work in Invasion (the car underneath would take damage). Then you could make Kapkans and the stun effect of Typhoon to work on leviathans. IMHO that's be much more sensible.

It is unanimous among all players I speak with, my game tag ( PatentLynx404 ) and my clan EAGL

Clan war classes PS max 2499, 3499, 4699, 5699, 9999, unlimited

or any combination that allows ALL players a way to compete for ore

Why dont you charge coin to enter the clan war and then disperse it to winners?

Many ways to easily program changes that improve the overall game, you already have PS classes programmed so simply

add this same code to clan wars and you will see all players interest in this game grow.

Another possible option is to add Leviathan wars

To me this is the biggest problem;
Increase PS value for different tiers of weapons or modules (or mvmt part, cabs,etc..) make the gap more obvious that way maybe the matchmaker could be a bit more relevant?
 There should never be a double relic build within the 5-6K range

Edited by Mapl_froggy
edit (all items, not just weapons)
  • Upvote 4

If the devs really want to impress me create generic accounts and just play on PC and I'm sure it will not take long for them to see where the problems are at...the moment they hit 1.7 ps they will start to realize that the top clans are seal clubbing everyone and controlling the market horribly...oh wait...that would mean they would have to fix it..and that would be work...I'm sorry forget I even mentioned it

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/7/2019 at 5:34 PM, oddland said:

Some ideas my friends and I that play have:

Clan wars should have a power score limit per rank so in the rust start at 5000-6999 PS then 7000-8999 and so on.  This could make it competitive for newer clans and players at the beginning ranks.

Give being in a clan more bonuses like give clans a Clan only exhibition so the clan members can share builds with each other and not have to make them fully public. you could also give a 5% XP bump for playing with 4 members of your clan in a group.

possibly a way to balance the games and prevent "seal clubbing"  there could be restrictions on weapons and cabs. for example white and blue weapons can be used on any cab, purple weapons can only be used on blue and purple cabs and yellow and orange can only be used on purple cabs.

Bring back Chase and or decrease the Grind it takes to do existing raids.

In missions you could allow for 6v6, 7v7 or 8v8 and use less bots.  also try to "Shuffle the Deck" better.  It gets old playing the same 4 players match after match. heck sometimes we will sit in queue for 1-2 minutes to wait for the people we just played to play another mission then drop in against us again. 

I agree with this, you Sir/Madam are a smart cookie

On 7/7/2019 at 2:34 AM, VooDoo_G5 said:

Supposedly, the MM takes into account a player's level of Engineer's Prestige. So, a player with a Prestige Level of 70+ should never see a newer player with only level 30 non-Prestige. Hopefully that is working, at least. 

Most of the problem builds are because of a single high powered weapon. If Targem doubled the PS of the highest value weapon it would push these weapons into higher level more competitive matches. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I agree. All weapon tiers need to differentiated with a wider Power Score. There is a problem with the game when a dual-Scorpion hover can play PvP matches around 6k PS. Stop with the insanity, please. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/7/2019 at 2:34 AM, VooDoo_G5 said:

Supposedly, the MM takes into account a player's level of Engineer's Prestige. So, a player with a Prestige Level of 70+ should never see a newer player with only level 30 non-Prestige. Hopefully that is working, at least. 

That is actually worse if you think about it. If Targem loses a new player its bad. But if Targem forces bad matches on vet players they lose the vet players. The customer who bought 3 packs and might buy more leaves. The customer who is friends with other players and who keeps them coming leaves.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Čo ste urobili s ,, bot "? Bezhlavo sa rozbehlo a nechceš mať oslabený tím, že aj ty bezhlavo útočiť.

2. Pilot pred hurikánom, alebo bonus!

3. Načo nová mapa je raz za štyri hodiny ?! Dať hráčom možu hlasovať, oznámiť chcieť presne. 

Edited by mariokonusik

Raid controls on PS4

Make it so triangle button triggers exit match after dying instead of circle. I use ebrake on race controls pressing circle and square back to make sends my **** back to the garage before my death animation is completed its super annoying wastes fuel and makes it look like im ditching the raid for no reason

HUD during a match

Im tired of friendly names blocking view while sniping . Its been said in the past pc has the option to turn off friendly names, you cant on console. The floating chevron is fine imo

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.