[Developer blog] Crossout development suggestions from players

Ka1deron

If I may point out a few things, that you seem to overlook but from the player's perspective do not really help enjoing the game:

- WAIT FOR THE MATCH TO END TO GET FULL REWARDS?!! What other game does? Just imagine if in playing fortnite you had to wait for a match to end? How many players would there be left? And so in crossout there are times you spend more times watching than actually playing. You could be filling up the queue elsewhere and instead you are there doing nothing, finding yourself at the end of the match being paired with the very same guys which at times means if it went bad it will keep going bad. So, it would not be so bad to start considering solving ... maybe in a few years.

SOLUTION: change the phrase in exiting to match to "Rewards will be issued once the match is complete". You may put the bottom corner pop up you use for the polls, to show up received medals and resources.

- PRIZING ONLY WHO REMOVES MORE PARTS OFF THE OPPONENT. At the start of the match, the team splits and you find yourself one vs 5, and you get trashed: the gameplay here should be, try to survive the longest possible to keep most of the opponent team busy while your team has easy life vs fewer targets, or manages to capture the point. The score should push the player to such a kind of gameplay, but it does not. Your team may have won because of the distraction you managed to provide, but your reward is 0.

SOLUTION: prize early match survivability. Each second you live earns you one point, more if you are under close range of opponents. Further element could be if other opponents evern far are aiming at you - the stakes of your survivability increase, and so should be the scoring.
It would not be bad an overall rework of the scoring, to also include the shots on target vs the shots missed and the shots/hits rate, the amount of damage absorbed, teamwork like saving a team mate under attack, ....

- SCORE VISIBILITY DURING THE MATCH.

SOLUTION: you cannot show the true score, but you can show a score forcast, that is a SCORE*: it is not the true score, but a hint of the score that one si accumulating. Then the final score it is likely to be different, if not so much, by which at the end of the end of match players' score table there is "in game score is just indicative and varies from the exact score that can only be calculated end of match". So that if you shoot and shoot and deal tons of damage and the score does not vary, maybe you are not being very useful.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Saidow said:

1,000 times this. I hate dying early and then findings out I scored a whole 3 points at the end of the match.

Edited by Hazmat616
Typo
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Saidow said:

If I may point out a few things, that you seem to overlook but from the player's perspective do not really help enjoing the game:

- WAIT FOR THE MATCH TO END TO GET FULL REWARDS?!! What other game does? Just imagine if in playing fortnite you had to wait for a match to end? How many players would there be left? And so in crossout there are times you spend more times watching than actually playing. You could be filling up the queue elsewhere and instead you are there doing nothing, finding yourself at the end of the match being paired with the very same guys which at times means if it went bad it will keep going bad. So, it would not be so bad to start considering solving ... maybe in a few years.

SOLUTION: change the phrase in exiting to match to "Rewards will be issued once the match is complete". You may put the bottom corner pop up you use for the polls, to show up received medals and resources.

- PRIZING ONLY WHO REMOVES MORE PARTS OFF THE OPPONENT. At the start of the match, the team splits and you find yourself one vs 5, and you get trashed: the gameplay here should be, try to survive the longest possible to keep most of the opponent team busy while your team has easy life vs fewer targets, or manages to capture the point. The score should push the player to such a kind of gameplay, but it does not. Your team may have won because of the distraction you managed to provide, but your reward is 0.

SOLUTION: prize early match survivability. Each second you live earns you one point, more if you are under close range of opponents. Further element could be if other opponents evern far are aiming at you - the stakes of your survivability increase, and so should be the scoring.
It would not be bad an overall rework of the scoring, to also include the shots on target vs the shots missed and the shots/hits rate, the amount of damage absorbed, teamwork like saving a team mate under attack, ....

SOLUTION: you cannot show the true score, but you can show a score forcast, that is a SCORE*: it is not the true score, but a hint of the score that one si accumulating. Then the final score it is likely to be different, if not so much, by which at the end of the end of match players' score table there is "in game score is just indicative and varies from the exact score that can only be calculated end of match". So that if you shoot and shoot and deal tons of damage and the score does not vary, maybe you are not being very useful.

You have to understand that this game is developed by mobile game developers who like to implement milion ways how to timewall things in game. So yea good luck with full reward after leaving match when all those devs do over 4 years make it harder to obtain anything in game with playing.

Crossout is the most anti-social online game on the web. There is no room for middle players and weaker players in this game. Perfect and profitable online games are those created by numerous gaming communities. You should strive to create large clans full of active players. Socially extensive games attract new players and open up wallets. Unfortunately, the opposite is true in this game. We have thousands of tiny clans where they lock up a few players and separate themselves from others. Thus, they do not create numerous communities of friendly players. In this game, the ideal clan is four active, good players with good equipment. They collect everything here! This is a network pathology created by the developers of this game! If someone cannot play Clan Battles at the appropriate level, he is not needed by the clan and he does not need a clan either. The result is usually such a player losing interest in the game. I just wonder what is the developer's business model? Regards

• Thanks 1

Of course, it's easy to criticize. It's harder to have an idea. You don't need ideas. It is enough to copy the social dependencies from popular games.
It would be a good idea to introduce other battle modes between clan members in parallel to Clan Battles. Such a mode can be, for example, "Plunder Cities".
Each clan would have to build its clan headquarters on a separate map. Defense installations, manufactured bots. The members of the enemy clan would gather together and without warning they would enter this map with the city of another clan with the task of destroying all defense installations and bots within a certain period of time. Of course, the attacked clan could send its players to defend the city at the same time. Each clan should be able to add two allied clans that could send their members to defend. A clan player or a player of an allied clan at the time of the attack would receive information that his clan or allied clan is under attack and would have to quickly enter his city to defend himself. For looting a city or successfully defending, clans would receive putts in a separate ranking. Of course, the clans that would be in the right places in the table at the end of the week or season, members would have access to unique parts, weapons or other benefits - to think about. Such a solution would force players to create clans consisting of numerous active players who spend a lot of time playing the game. Clan Battles where uranium would be acquired would remain the same as it is now, as a separate mode.

• Like 1

May you nerf retchers please! there are everywhere and their damage and fire rate are like  relics..

Edited by Dios_Hades

I have written many explanations about the stupidity of this develop and how nerfing resources ruins the game.

Just came to mind an example for these idiots to think about...

When video games began you placed a quarter into a machine to play a game, like pacman or space invaders.

When the game owner got greedy and turned the difficulty up on the game so nobody could get any quality playtime,

the game was ALWAYS ABANDONED.

So maybe this can penetrate your thick skulls ?

Stop ruining the game or expect ALL players to find something else to play, making raids more difficult is not how you improve a game.

nerfing rewards is also not how you improving a game or make it more difficult, it is just plain lazy.

End of rant, bye

• 2 weeks later...

Another suggestion, quite important: I have seen you finally managed to introduce the possibility to save the co-driver skill with the build, and the builds selection in clan war - all things that can make easier the life to players. Keeping up with such trend, another important improvement is the maps selection in the pvp queue for scraps, wire ... What does it mean? You have another button, besides the BATTLE button, and if in the main below or above the SELECT MODE button if any of scraps, wire ... is selected -  there is also this MAP ROSTER SELECTION button.

The various builds do not behave alike in every map: some have advantages in some maps, some are plainly useless in some maps. So it comes really handy to have this map roster selection button to push, and get a small panel po up with all the maps and checkboxes enlisted, and just unmark those that you do not want to play in - this may require some time more to wait in the queue but it is a minor waste. If you do not like playing a map, you can finally remove it. Or if you want to practice a certain map or map groups, ... uses are endless. At least one map has to remain selected - you cannot uncheck if there is only a map left.

Additionally, new weapons that could be fun:

1. the springer. It is essentially a trampoline, so you get under a vehicle, activate the trampoline and send it flying up. If you have it hooked front or rear, you may obtain a body slam or sort of german suplex. It may require few seconds to recharge, the spring mechanism with a pulley. Otherwise there is the air compressor boosted version which is even more effective, air compressor which holds 3 charges, 30 points, recharges 1 point per second. 

2. the net. It shoots a ball which is a net, that on impact spreads out - it can totally lock a wheel element so that that wheel does not only not rotate anymore but obstacles the movement of the vehicle, which now has a locked part scraping the ground so its movement is greatly affected - up to stopping entirely the vehicle when multiple elements are locked down ( needs a precise hit on the wheel element ). It has hooks on the corners so that it works also on turning weapons, hooking on the structure - especially if have like lunatics pieces filled with holes and cracks. May hook onto map surfaces if get too close. May be shot directly on the ground or end spread on the ground if bounces off an armour, and if a wheel passes onto them gets captured all the same. If powerful has very limited shots, as its bullets are cumbersome. It can be easily removed by teammates shooting it. It gets destroyed by tracks if lying on the ground. 

3. legendary booster? Maybe has higher blowing up speed, making it more reliable to use, so that there can be a higher variety of vehicles and weaponry in clan wars and it does not get as dull as when everybody is using the same builds. So, you get to see fire puddles, auto-tracking rockets, ... even have alternative stats for weapons when used in clan war, where the game essentially ditches.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but notice that our Garage is walled off with apparantly at least one armored vehicle and a leviathan parked outside on standby.  Sure it seems to be a fairly safe and secure santuary.  How many years has it been since a garage has been attacked?  Are you really telling me ravergers would not find these areas a tempting target (and possibly human raiders also!)

The garages seem like they might make great levels for a brawl or raid (anti-raid?)

So my suggestion: I would love to see a defend the garage level were...maybe the players can have a way to activate their own defensive leviathan. Maybe the player building/block area could have some sort of destructable base that needs to be defended as attackers breach the walls from all directions. Maybe have some destructiable equipent scatered around that scores bonus points if it is saved. 

And sure...why not turn the AI bots we practice on lose to help defend the base...turning the bots on could even be a secondary goal.  I want to see the base go into full lockdown to stop the intruders.  Maybe some visitors can jump into the fray to help defend the base.   Clearly a large number of people live there so I want to see them throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the invaders to stop them.  I would like them to pull out all those weapons they have been saving up, and start sniping/harasing the enemey from the many bunkers that appear to be scatered around the map.  Bring them ammo to help them continue to assist in the fight could also be a secondary mission.

Since the base gets a lot of defense I want to see the raiders to also bring an appropriate bunker busting leviathan....stoping it from destroying home should be the main goal.  Another could be allowing a players own (AI controled) leviathan jump into the fray.  This also might be a cool way for let players finally see their own leviathan in play...I always wonder what my leviathan looks like in action when under AI control.

Finally...maybe if you are killed off....you don't get to play the same vehicle....you use the second vehicle...and then the third vehicle saved to your que.  If you really want to be demented make it so you can't use the same weapons...must have an all new set of weapons.  (Maybe that is to much of a stretch) but the idea is you are throwing all your diffrent armored cars at the enemey attacking your home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

fix the servers and stop banning us for having a bad server or bad internet

• Upvote 1

No quotes today. I think the Garage is fine. The whole play area for test drive.... Ok fine but being rammed and shot by 3 Randoms driving around the place is NOT fun. Accustomed to it now. But when I was first starting out I had no clue what the heck and being blasted when I haven't even figured out how to operate my vehicle yet just seems stupid. More to the point your match making is garbage! If a vehicle doe's Not have an orange epic item it should NOT be matched against those drivers that do. At this point the only fun about this game are three fold. 1. building and working my Leviathan. 2. Working vehicles over to make them more effective. 3. Raid vs. Seems the only place in the game I can find a reasonably fair match up. No I am not dropping $200 dollars plus just for special game weapons and/or items. No I am not giving you my phone number either. And blocking things I can buy because of it is just chicken sh-t! @ theeese close to hitting the Delete on this game. Love the concept but you really need some work! Go ahead call me a nuub. See if I care. But as a paying customer you better care a little. Annoy enough of us and your going to get an out of business card. 

Hello and blessings :5739e92736a0e_):

I would like to suggest something for the clan system, thanks to developer blog first of all! 

1st Idea:

Clan system could have a bank for members to donate resources, items or coins, with permission system to withdraw based on rank, would it be possible? 

2nd Idea:

Players could have a way to direct trade items and resources? 

3rd Idea:

Could be possible to make items be able to link in chat? this can help us to discuss betwen players about builds.

Thank you Comunity, Best wishes! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

GMs HAVE BECOME TYRANTS!

I was recently banned from chat first for 24 hrs then 3 days, all because I said that the GMs of this game are not gods.

I didn't swear, spam, or bully. All I said was that the GMs you appointed as dictators over chat are not gods only because another player said they were gods.

The small amount of power you gave them has gone straight to their heads, and some of them are banning people just because they feel like it.

I saw it happen at least twice!

These disgusting GMs are by far the worst addiction to this game that I love to play and have spent plenty of money on.

I call for a complete removal of tyrannical GMs 

Edited by REKLESSPEDRO@psn
Misspelled a word
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2021 at 4:30 PM, EvilPython said:

Hello and blessings :5739e92736a0e_):

I would like to suggest something for the clan system, thanks to developer blog first of all! 

1st Idea:

Clan system could have a bank for members to donate resources, items or coins, with permission system to withdraw based on rank, would it be possible? 

2nd Idea:

Players could have a way to direct trade items and resources? 

3rd Idea:

Could be possible to make items be able to link in chat? this can help us to discuss betwen players about builds.

Thank you Comunity, Best wishes! 

haahhahahahaha, oh boy so innocent. You have no idea what kind of game you play there :D

• 3 weeks later...

In 2499 ps, please put newbies with less then 10 ingineers level Not together with pro gamers, long time playing crossout. 

I mean its cool to Design a fine build and have to Check PS, weight, weapons and durability, But most players are using fused parts and epic weapons. 

I would Like to play this power score, But without taking care on New players, because they are weaker.

Is this possible? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since, reapers where Nerf due to these reasons:

DEV REASON FOR NERF TO REAPERS: in matches with rookies who could not adequately assess the threat and allowed opponents with autocannons to shoot their armoured car from a distance.

Relic hovers are dominating pvp in 10-12.5k ( sealclubbing ) 

since they fight against epic rarity weapons witch is IMBA enough as it is.   be cos they:  could not adequately assess the threat
most games are getting carried by who ever has the most hovers in a team,

LETS DO BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!! $$$$$$: OPPSSS I DID IT PARSER , PARSER , PARSER, PARSER, PARSER, PARSER 
GOSH DERP DEVS rip

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2019 at 1:16 PM, Draco_Night said:

If you plan to remove the timer consider to remove the tower too, most times it is  hard enough to fight the Leviathan alone and this should be the main thing and Not protect a Paper tower.

if leviathan attack tower = he does not attack you or your team. That allow you to deal free damage. Consider it as agro, and use it like that. 

Edited by VP_otlo

On 5/23/2019 at 8:10 PM, _f0r3v3r_ said:

But I am getting really sick of rollercoaster changes that are usually driven by toxic whining n00bs. And I am tired of the cash-grab tactics that seem to be getting worse and more frequent. (Grenadier drones come to mind)

agree with you on this one. Instead of following n00bs whines, they could work on real balance. Were will always be players who do not like this or that. But that does not mean its unbalanced. n00bs whine about everything they are killed with. Other games use statistics that allow them to see real picture. Win rates of specific builds or weapons could show them the path. 

On 5/23/2019 at 8:10 PM, _f0r3v3r_ said:

Bring back chase. Do more granular balance changes and listen LESS to the community whining regarding balance. Make real PVE bots that scale fairly, and have real builds with real consequences for them, and can't go 117km/h without an engine. Fix decor armor. Take out win/loss ratio as part of the matchmaker, and make bots on both teams perform equally well.

Just making bots mirrored would be enough. if 1 team have 3 fast bots with mg's and other team 3 slow bots with cannons. We all know how it is going to end. 

Edited by VP_otlo
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, can you please reward non-afk, active players in a battle the minimum rewards. There have been so many fights where all I managed was a few glancing blows, but I've suppressed a section of the enemy team, allowing my teammates to flank them. I felt good about the fight, even if I wasn't getting the major blows that finished them off. Then I get to the reward screen and see that nothing is given. I think this also exacerbates the lance/shotgun/melee issues we have sometimes, because players feel the need to kamikaze into the enemy team just to get the minimum rewards. I've seen it done so many times, where a player is the first on our team dead, but they also got a kill on their way down and they say something like, well at least I got a kill. This is an unprovoked message, just them being satisfied with hitting the minimum points. I noticed this from the beginning, and while it's not always an issue, in a span of ten games it can happen several times. New players might (including myself when I first started) actively avoid pvp at times because they feel like it's a waste of time, and for some it totally would be. When the same few players are "farming" pvp and running through 95% of teams they encounter nearly instantly, most players participating against them are quite literally wasting their time. Timers for afk players are absolutely necessary. The rewards for players with under 100 points could be even smaller, but this is a game, and one with very low rewards as it is, this would encourage new players to keep trying, because in spite of being shredded instantly most games, they are still getting something, and can slowly work on building something that is more effective for them. I love this game and have played off and on for a couple years now and I think this would add to the longevity of it. To look at it from a marketable side, if you want players to buy scorpions, what better way than to give them more players to use them against, because I know for a fact a subset of players limit themselves to pve because pvp sometimes can be literally TOO competitive. Zero rewards severely interrupts the flow of the game for new and old players and I think is an outdated philosophy, perhaps aimed at preventing afk players, but is too strong of a sweeping generalization for the real players that play a lot. I've got over 1000 hrs between xbox and pc, and I've thought about this a lot. Please rethink this and I think it would be a huge surprise for the new year, Thank you!

• Upvote 1

In general - it feels the game is not really "active" on lower PS - there has to be done something so new players with PS <5k have a reason to play. Everything, as of now, has to be aimed at whales/endgame.

1. It should be allowed to leave the game after your car has been destroyed without penalty - at least on low-mid PS where fewer players are active to allow more players simoultaneously to search for a mission. There is no point in sticking to the battle once you have done your share - it just means you arent not available for next battle. It happens often on PS < 5000 that there is only enough peopel for a single match, so if it drags on you have no choice but to wait "for the wave".
  2. Show us count for players looking for match by PS tier - it is really annoying to wait for a match for 5 minutes if shifting few hundreed PS up/down would allow you to find the match much faster. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.