Warbrand2

A guide to using the clarinet tow.

Duke rustfield is directly why I Am leaving this game. Thank him for me hating this game and quitting.

19 minutes ago, dukerustfield said:

If you can't discuss on a discussion forum, you shouldn't be on a discussion forum. Make a webpage. Make a Youtube vid. You have a lot of options to talk and not put up with people disagreeing.

I don't understand why you would send me a PM cussing at me for proving your numbers wrong.

I'm trying to make the game better. I don't give a fudge if you make a guide. But you're saying things that aren't true. If you can prove they're true, do it. I've given you multiple opportunities to test your theory in real game. We can record it and let people decide. Art builds are fun. Fun builds are fun. I play tons of builds that are goofy and not great. But if you tell people that X = Y and I know it isn't true, I'm going to say it. Because if players waste a month of coins building something and learn X != Y they are going to be pissed.

I Have stated several times I don't give a crap about being effiecent I care about having fun, I find the tow to be fun and that is why I posted this guide to show how I do so and some interesting ways to use it.

I don't give two xxxx about DPS or DPH. Though I went out of my way to prove you wrong in a post with the fact that fuzes actually do less total damage for power then the tow does. And that was with more then a little testing.

No You don't seem to understand that not everyone is playing this game to be 100% metatards. Quite frankly I hate people like you You think your opinions that your persional view are the only ones out there. No they are not, now get the hell out. SEriously. I am tired of your xxxx, that is why I cussed you out in a message instead of in public.

But now I have no respect for the xxxxxx that is you.

Listen and listen good, YOUR. OPINION. IS. JUST. AN. OPINION! stop acting like you are the letter of the wall when you are a sub rate player who's only claim to anything is you have been here longer. You don't learn you take anyone proving you wrong as an insult which is why I haven't actualy taken you up on your test, You are seen as a joke in both the discord and reddit communities for this game because quite frankly You are known for stating numbers that are not right. And that anyone with simple testing and 10 minutes can prove you wrong.

Hell I went out of my way to do that with the fuze vs TOW above because of you. I am tired of your xxxx. Now head back to your dark corner and leave. I can take critism Like Some people here have posted and I know the tow isn't the best weapon. But I have fun with it and I want to share that with others and help teach people so they can have fun with an under used weapon.

Then there are little xxxx like you who despite being old enough to know better, think your opinion is the only one that matters.

You are saying I have been given opertunities to test my theories when I test them and show the results here you scoff at them and ignore them. Screw off because you are jsut here to complain that is all you do that is all you have ever done in the months I Have been in this community. There is a reason no one trusts you outside of basic guides because you are a xxxx person.

-------------------------------------------------
To everyone else, guide is dead for now. I will likely come back in a few months. Or sooner if Duke leave the game.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:24 AM, dukerustfield said:

Buy a couple blue weapons and do a lot better than using a TOW. If you want to get good at junky stuff, no one is stopping you. But trying to tell people it isn't junky stuff is potentially making them waste money. Especially when you clearly don't know how to play that well. Or are you ready to play your "best" TOW build against my build yet? And I don't even mean fight each other. Clearly I'll win that. But on the same team. See who contributes more.

Next, can you make a guide about using builds with no wheels or guns? I think those are pretty bad as well, but I'm guessing you think they're okay.

in a 1v1 the tow would probably win against your slow tank builds. You'd never even see his build...
Tow is situational but as OP proves he can do decent scores with it, not sure why everything has to be DPS effective. TOW strenght is to be able to do damage while being far way from danger....

14 hours ago, dukerustfield said:

If you can't discuss on a discussion forum, you shouldn't be on a discussion forum. Make a webpage. Make a Youtube vid. You have a lot of options to talk and not put up with people disagreeing.

Please read that again and think about all the times I tried to discuss with you just to be called a circlejerker or an idiot. Then please leave the forums and go make a website or youtube videos ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok almost sleeping through one day later. Damn I went off.

Guide is still on hold. But I will say this. The first thing I will do when I get back to posting for it is go over building and hiding the weapon. Thing is I need more coins in game to get some supplies and I need to level up the dawns children abit as I need their bumper for some designs I want to try out.

Aka, guide is on pause until I can get the next rider pack, Sorry wallet warrior hear. Until then I will try to answer and test anythign with the tow that people ask me to.

Also dukes statement about blue weapons out damaging it is only true for the shotguns from what I can see. Likely because both are high risk weapons in different ways. TOW in that you are weak while firing it and shotguns in that you have to get point blank to do max damage. That and half the shotguns are a little broken.

Someone else showing off a really cool trick with the tow.

iJhVex1.jpgNkpo9lt.jpgsTFXcGx.jpg

Why can't we rotate the tow on builds? I mean I would love to have a top facing launcher would be pretty epic gameplay wise.

7 hours ago, v3rgi1 said:

in a 1v1 the tow would probably win against your slow tank builds. You'd never even see his build...
Tow is situational but as OP proves he can do decent scores with it, not sure why everything has to be DPS effective. TOW strenght is to be able to do damage while being far way from danger....

Please read that again and think about all the times I tried to discuss with you just to be called a circlejerker or an idiot. Then please leave the forums and go make a website or youtube videos ;)

*equips one chord*

4 minutes ago, XR57 said:

*equips one chord*

takes at least 2 to reliably take out the missile. one can easily be dodged by just changing up how you guide the missile to the target. A rapid fire MG, or minigun would be better for countering.

On another topic. I think I made a 10k hover really mad in bedlem today. They where loosing to me in combat... and all I was doing was staying out of direct fire while hitting them and forcing their typhoons into the dirt where tehy can not fire.

The advantage to the tow is hitting targets that can not hit you back.

EDIT: they kept self destructing to try and stop me from getting credit for the kills, it didn't work.

Edited by Warbrand2

Ok I have come out of my breakdown, and Been well humbled abit, not by a loss but by a win that I shouldn't have won. (That sounded better in my head.)

AIvxNed.jpg

Today we will be talking about the Anaconda turret and Barrier turret. No images for the barrier as I stupidly sold it during my testing. AS such we will start with the damage dealer. The anaconda, it is a good back up turret for a mid/high tier tow use. Not in tow use high tier is 9k, you don't want to go over that do to the fact in 10k and above you are good at one thing and one thing only and that is punishing hovers, and if the enemy team has no hovers you are just a waste of space sadly.

But The anaconda is a high burst damage turret that while meh with most set ups is really good for a medium to medium long range defensive option for the tow. Able to one or two shot msot drones and other turrets and able to do really high splash damage if you have a harpy to boost it.

VFDBOVS.jpg

That is 251 white damage the highest I have gotten with it firing at my build, though the highest I have seen it get in a direct fight is 600 white 93 yellow. I don't know why its base damage is so low I mean I pyre technically does more damage then the anaconda, but the anaconda has a larger splash range then the pyre at least in testing. Hard to get it to fire at a plate for blast range testing so yeah...

IF you use an Anaconda turret on a build it is a versitile back up tool. You can either use it defensively to protect you while firing the tow, like with all turrets, or you can use it offensively as a side arm so to speak. deploy it in a good spot like on the sniper ledge on sector X and let it rain down missiles while you fire and hit them in the sides. IT also has an ammo waste effect on players that shoot down tow missiles as they may aim for the anaconda missile resulting in them being on cool down when you hit them with the tow.

8cEROfs.jpg

That said the Anaconda is not consistent at all. ITs damage can range from high holy crap it crippled them hits, to A duck xxxx does more damage. So watch out when using it. And know that it isn't as reliable as your main weapon. As even its base damage seems to have a randomness.

Next the Barrier turret. Now this is a budget. I have not safe indirect fire locations, weapon. To use you deploy it and enjoy your few seconds of safe shots it lasts long enough that you have one safe shot while it is active before you need to return to cover. That said dropping one while in a group of allies means your enemy can't do jack to said allies from ranged. You can shoot out of the barrier turrets but they can not shoot into it. All said it is extremely useful for a defensive tow that doesn't care about movement as much. While it is nearly useless to a more aggressive tow user (such as my self) who would be better off using an Aegis shield generator for bursting protection. But like all tools it has its uses.

Next time I will be posting some minor guides on how to build a tow and how to protect yourself against the missile. Because lets face it Some of you need some armoring info. Though that guide will not be coming for a while as I need to buy a new pack to get some new parts.

PXjV1EH.jpg

NEw post. Will have more on building later but recently found that using the detonating part one can more easily hide a tow behind armor. Doesn't do much function wise and in fact just adds another step to activating the weapon. That said it does allow for easier protection of the tow.

That and proper usage can allow you to do things like disconnect ammo boxes and generators in a fight with out having to worry about going boom. Though that is more general knowledge.

Oh if you can try to hit a target at a shallow angle for some reason it puts the explosion behind the part hit. around a 20 degree angle allows this to happen. Has resulted in so many hackcusations and one shots that I am debating on reporting the bug. Though it adds more skill requirement to the weapon as being able to hit at the right angle is rare.

• Upvote 1