lucashc90

Way to redeem the Mayhem event

I want event decors/stickers to be tradeable!  

39 members have voted

1. 1. I want event decors/stickers to be tradeable!

• YES! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. EVER.
    • Yes, but only those from events now on.
    • ...Not!

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

They need to be tradable as well as somethign you can buy a pack of.

Ones from event can be traded, but there should be a "tank decor" kit which contains the grey ones from the events a few unique stickers, and some ww2 paint.

• Like 1

I voted yes even if I grinded my statue the hard way... *sighs* Untradable objects suck. You did the right thing by making pack-exclusive items tradable, and I think those free-to-grind items with no influence on the gameplay (especially now that decor armor is gone) should be tradable too. Ideally, only some pack-exclusive COSMETICS should be untradable, and only as long as the pack is available. Stickers, paints, CKs. Think of it like what LoL does with skins. Anything that affects the gameplay should be obtainable by everybody for free (free being in-game currency, and preferably with a level of grind that doesn't discourage new players. I'd honestly buy CKs if the game was different and updates were more about balancing and less about adding new 40$ packs with exclusive items to an OPEN BETA A.K.A UNFINISHED game).

As a side note, I still DO NOT understand why the Sharknado, Rhino, Panther and Broadside stickers weren't pairs. Especially the Broadside is completely unusable right now, being untradable and unique, wich is absolutely hilarious for how long it was to grind and how epic it's supposed to be.

I disagree about changing the duck to legendary tho. Duck decors are all epic as far as I can tell (didn't check much tho), and making rewards of past events tradable is already borderline, but CHANGING the actual rewards once the event is gone is like... You don't do that. It's bad.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Yes, I agree with you, decor from Spring Mayem should be tradable, some decor I don't like, (they also require space in Storage), and I would like to sell them.

(I suggest also to make brave duck from epic to legendary decor).

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

I voted yes even if I grinded my statue the hard way... *sighs* Untradable objects suck.

There goes a real player! You are a trooper just like me.

Maybe the duck could remain locked since it always come back and its also a pride item just like the prize duck is. But the rest definely needs to become tradeable!

Edited by lucashc90

I'm terribly sorry but I disagree.

The way I see it:

• If you want the decor or paint or horn from Mayhem, you play the event
  • If you don't want them, you don't play the mode.

The only point of contention for me personally would be the order of items you receive. I think the second event was reasonable because you could get the paints early on. I myself got the paints and didn't play the event anymore since I wasn't interested in the other decor. As long as the paints or horns don't require you to get to diamond league I'm happy.

If you make the rewards tradable this "special event" won't be so "special" anymore. I'd also argue the mode would become even less rewarding because more people would play it just to earn some of the more prestigious rewards so they can sell it. I would definitely feel the pressure of missing out on good profit if I didn't grind for the last reward or whatever.

Making the rewards tradable could have some unforeseen consequences later down the road. I could argue one of the major reasons why we're in such a sh*tshow with decor armor is because Inflatable Mammoths are tradable. You could originally get those from a similar kind of special mode and they turned out to be a major offset in a game balance. Had they never been tradable, decor armor wouldn't as big of an issue as it is. Future events would have new rewards and who knows what people come up with when it comes to hoarding and stacking things together.

Here's an example off of my head: Say the next event has a paint as a reward that makes you permanently invisible. Very difficult to grind for so few people get very rich by trading it. A bit times goes by and people realize it gives you a crazy edge over others in CW. It becomes one of those things you feel like you must have or otherwise you feel your CW build is gimped. Maybe some of the top clans (who have loads of money) decide to go as far as to clear the market from this paint so no one has access to it but the top clans and now they hold this paint as hostage. Now a paint like this is obviously blatanly OP but if wasn't tradable, pushing the idea of nerfing it would be much easier since you can't "just get it on the market".

Putting these extremely rare items you only earn from few event at the mercy of the market can have some nasty effects on the game. Inflatable Mammoth is good example of that.

I saw lots of complaints about this event which mainly stemmed from the scoring system being unfair. Now I can understand that and I'm totally ready to support that sentiment. I think a better solution would be to make sure the event stays casual and fun for people. Best way to do it would be to make it so that if you lose a match, you won't lose any points. That way you avoid major frustrations from a losing streak. If you win a match, great, you're closer to the next reward. If you lose a match, no problem, you'll just have another go at it. That way you can have casual fun in the event either with your friends or alone. I really see the Spring Mayhem primarily as "tank sillyness", not as a mode that requires a scoring system copied from clan wars.

Making the rewards tradable isn't going solve the source of the issue: unfair and unrewarding scoring system. :dntknw:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm perfectly fine with the ranking system. Most complaints clearly came from people who didn't want to learn how it worked anyway. And honestly... The games were much less silly than the average PvP game once you climbed a bit, precisely because of that ranking system. Learned so much more about maps and positionning and using those damn turreted cannons in 3 weeks of event than in 3 monthes of random PvP.

The rewards SHOULD be pointless anyway, no invisible paint or santa sign. If the rewards give a significant advantage, they're indeed better off being tradable than untradable. Imagine your invisible paint scenario, except it doesn't get nerfed?

Edited by Clebardman

There are unclear areas where I believe should be more clear cut to players. 

We also need to understand why so much resentment for un-trade-able items.  For collector type of players, they most likely not to mind if anything they do own being trade-able or not.  While the rest would feel any item they possess, should also have the freedom to use or sell. For some players, the not use able items only taken up their limited storage space.   The game can, and should make ALL un-trade-able not to take up the storage spaces.  This would mean the expensive "fused" items, now come with their own storage spaces. If player then scrap the un-trade-able item, they would also lose those storage space.  

There are different type of prizes in games. There are usable in game items; paints, stickers, decors...etc.  Players should have full control over them. They are same as everyday item, sell, use or scrap...etc   There are memorable prizes.  Taken part in events, player's achievements...etc. These can simply in the form of banners or patches. 

If the prize's aim is for us players to show off on the battlefield. Those should only be "paint".  As they are the only thing really can catch other player's eyes fast.  From PvP to raids(PvE) players really don't have that much time to look at other player's decor, or sticker....:002:

• Thanks 1

I have no problem with grinding for something I want: if you tell me "go and win 100 battles" that exactely what I'm going to do.

Problem lies when you have a limited time event with untradeable itens that comes in limited numbers and are locked behind an unfair league system.

I like to think of myself as a fairly competent player but I have a job, a family and live in Brazil. I don't have friends from my country that play this game and my connection isn't very stable.

If skill is everything I need, sure, but is it fair that I stayed up until 2 am on a work week because I got a winning streak and lost that same 2 hours of work because my internet crashed and I lost 100 points on a single match? I more than once woke up 2 hours before work so I could play with very talented overseas friends just to drop a league because, even if I scored MVP, 2 random team mates disconnected after the first loss... how does that sound?

I can understand the  prestige with owning an exclusive piece of equipment, but is it fair with those who are players as skilled as you and play as much as you but can't dispose of those extra 2 hours a day?

What if my pc broke? What if I was on a long business vacation? Examination week? Hospitalized?

If these items were like the Rat King or Knight Riders portraits where you have more than one chance to get them I wouldn't mind at all.

How about those itens you want more than one like the Sharknado sticker? Have the community changed so much of the course of a year that now it is more important to own a single nose art just to feel unique than be able to give everyone a choice?

There is a decor nerf incomming, so the "limit exploitable decor" argument doesn't work either.

How about players that will join the community on the near future?

"Dude, were did you get that sick paint?"

"It was an event exclusive."

And when you eventually close your account because you have moved on that same paint (that someone wanted but didn't get just because he/she created their account on a later date than you) will just be lost in the void of scrapped itens because you couldn't sell it either.

So I ask: is it more a question of pride or hoarding? Even today you can buy chrome paint and large speakers, why stop the flow now?

I started playing when Black Gold paint fragments was a brawl reward. Imagine your world if that beautiful paint and many others were untradeable back then. Is that the precedent you want to set?

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

I'm a collector by heart, so, if a game offer something for a limited time, i try my best to get said item.

If a item is unique and on a time limit, i just feel it give said item more prestige when its earned.

If a item is unique and on a time limit event, but tradeable, i tent to throw said item away on the market if i dont feel its that "cool" (happen to all my april fool item the first time it was around atleast, stickers, deco, you name it, all got sold).

If anything for this event, maybe make the white / blue item trade-able (since thats kinda easy to get to)...i seems to be torn with the purple / epix stuff tho, the duck just screams "i did it!" (and i have 2 of them, solo grinding).

I dont know about the other purple from this kinda event tho, but again, 1700 was easy to get, the hard part was the clim from 1900+ tbh.

------------------------------

I'm a collector in WoW aswell, got almost everything there is to own there, if i had to say my collection there in %, i bet i am around 95% done.

World of Warcraft have had tons of item removed in the past aswell, in there, i am really against removing item from the game, maybe because the item that are bound with said removed item are still there, meaning, if a player wanted, they are still able to do most of the stuff, but, the item that was bound to it have been lost.

If anything there, i had love them to restore all the lost / removed item, so new player where able to get them.

------------------------------

Maybe if they re-did the rewards from said event (not saying make them sell-able at this point), but, give ppl like...

500 rating give you white scrap, can be used to buy season 1, season 2 or a new season 3 "500 rated" item...so, if you feel you missed out, you can now buy the old item, while the veteran can still gain new item via this.

At 800 rating, you get "red scrap", used to buy 800 rated item from all prev and the new season (pick 1 out of 3 item). ect.

-----------------------------

Another idear might be (if this event come again) that ppl start with been able to grind season 1 item, while veteran player will be at season 3.

Once a person have grinded what he wanted by himself, there can be a "move me into next season please" bottem, (with a big warning, telling him he will be moved a season up and lose the chance to get the rest of said seasons reward)...that way, the player are in controll of what he want to farm and what not...hell, bet you can even say a new player can just skip season 1-2 and go for season 3 if he wanted.

---------------------------

I think the Spring Mayhem event is just to dif from the other events, as this is all about rating, while other event just reguire you to do the same stuff 50 time without any real downtime, so, i bet this spring mayhem's item are just bound with prestige (that just make it random to see em on the market), while other seems okay to sell.

--------------------------

Last, i might add that there was also this "prestige rating?" thing to the new year / chrismiss event? (not sure, didnt play), but, as far as i understand from lurking around the internet, it seems like there was some firework that only the top 100 group get or so (sold from around 7k coins nowdays), that item kinda screams "we did it, we are on the top", yet, its sell-able...for not talking about the weekend event, where ppl are selling that "nr 1" trophy, i bet, if ppl was not able to sell it, i'm sure more ppl had a chance to get thier hands in it, but, since thats sell-able, it just mean ppl will farm for it for the coins, not to own it themself (unless they are poor),

-------------------------

They can also just start re-activate said event more often, so ppl can gain said item if they missed the chance for it, tho, i bet the Spring Mayhem will be more grindy if they added more of them pr season, since ppl who made it to 2k can just ignore it, meaning, other ppl now have to try farm that the hard way.

Still wonder how this event had been if they made it more fair for all, you gain 25 point from any win (no matter rating) and you lose 10 point, that way you dont get punished that hard at 1900 when your boosting a group of 1500 ppl...if you lose, its 100 point down the drain, lost a few match in a row when i was at 1988...all the way down to 1600, so much time wasted cuz of rage-quitter, leaver, afk'er, camper / sniper, ppl who ignore team work ect...havent been that hard for the rating if 5 lose and been re-earn-able by just 2 wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TexX said:

Agree with the things you said and, despite wanting these to be tradeable I think your idea would please both worlds.

Maybe the Mayhem event could give somekind of token that you could trade for the itens you wanted without a hard limit on quantities. Like "50 tokens for aeach tank exhaust from Winter" and "500 tokens for each tin angel from Spring" with the duck being a "congratulations for being amongst those who earned the most tokens" thing.

I really world like to have more that one of the "missile" decor...

now I have to wait until next event... Maybe...

Items should be tradable

And also talers 

Edited by *Zhetesh
  • Like 2

Too bad the xbox and ps4 guys can't vote since it affects them too...

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Too bad the xbox and ps4 guys can't vote since it affects them too...

The forum should improve/update on that.

There are topics or matter of being a platform only, and there are topic affect all platforms and their players.

Not every user can understand some topic links all platforms. Too often users just use different platforms as an excuse to undermined others. eg, market prices are all different, no users would know how much items cost....etc.  BUT, all market run on the same principal, any changes, would affect all platforms.  This also bring on a much fairer message to all players on all platforms, and surly it would paint a better for the dev to look at how players thinks.

Very, very good point!!

Edited by ChopChopChop
  • Thanks 1

The efforts required to sign in and post something here was legit one of the most infuriating gaming experience I've had tbh. This forum system is AWFUL. I needed to write it somewhere. Absolutely awful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clebardman said:

The efforts required to sign in and post something here was legit one of the most infuriating gaming experience I've had tbh. This forum system is AWFUL. I needed to write it somewhere. Absolutely awful.

Well that is true....

So True...

This forums, for login in, IS NOT USER FRIENDLY AT ALL! .....

W should have an in-game "hot button" to link our account to this forum...

I only arrive to this forum for extreme need of information, was like a painful obligation do all necessary things to login here, to get the info that I needed...

• Sad 1

Plugging this here:

Thx for the support guys

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 1:35 AM, Spedemix said:

I'm terribly sorry but I disagree.

The way I see it:

• If you want the decor or paint or horn from Mayhem, you play the event
  • If you don't want them, you don't play the mode.

I cannot agree with you. The only untradeable items should be cosmetic pack exclusive ones. And even that is debatable.

Only having access to such items locked behind a horrible grind in a repetive poorly designed/copy pasted game mode just causes lot of frustration for people. And I am saying that as a guy that mains tanks and cannons.... yet even I was very frustrated at having to play so many rounds for a bunch of colours.

Tradeable items do not devalue the effort/skill required to get them... quite the opposite: They reward it. I would love to sell my missile decor for cold hard cash... but you cant. So I am stuck with something that for me has no value although it cost me a lot of effort to get it.

The only point of contention for me personally would be the order of items you receive. I think the second event was reasonable because you could get the paints early on. I myself got the paints and didn't play the event anymore since I wasn't interested in the other decor. As long as the paints or horns don't require you to get to diamond league I'm happy.

For a casual player, even the paints required a rather lenghty grind and a fair amount of luck.

If you make the rewards tradable this "special event" won't be so "special" anymore.

There was nothing special about this event. Not only was it the third? recycled version of it but the gameplay issue it had remained mostly unfixed.

I'd also argue the mode would become even less rewarding because more people would play it just to earn some of the more prestigious rewards so they can sell it. I would definitely feel the pressure of missing out on good profit if I didn't grind for the last reward or whatever.

If you keep the rewards nothing changes if they become tradeable. If you want to sell them for a profit, you cant do that right now. I doubt that particular many people would play the mode only for cold hard coin especially as in reality only the highest rewards will have high market value. For anything below that you are way better off grinding standard PVP.

Making the rewards tradable could have some unforeseen consequences later down the road. I could argue one of the major reasons why we're in such a sh*tshow with decor armor is because Inflatable Mammoths are tradable.

I would argue that one of the major reasons why decor armor is an issue is poor mechanics in combination with a lack of value for "real" armor.

In english, not the item is the problem or how you can get it but the mechanic involving those items.

You could originally get those from a similar kind of special mode and they turned out to be a major offset in a game balance. Had they never been tradable, decor armor wouldn't as big of an issue as it is. Future events would have new rewards and who knows what people come up with when it comes to hoarding and stacking things together.

At the same time it would be even more "horrible grind" to get. And even more unfair to people who had no luck to have sufficient time to get them.

ALL items of the game should be balanced and fair.

Here's an example off of my head: Say the next event has a paint as a reward that makes you permanently invisible. Very difficult to grind for so few people get very rich by trading it.

A bit times goes by and people realize it gives you a crazy edge over others in CW. It becomes one of those things you feel like you must have or otherwise you feel your CW build is gimped. Maybe some of the top clans (who have loads of money) decide to go as far as to clear the market from this paint so no one has access to it but the top clans and now they hold this paint as hostage. Now a paint like this is obviously blatanly OP but if wasn't tradable, pushing the idea of nerfing it would be much easier since you can't "just get it on the market".

Putting these extremely rare items you only earn from few event at the mercy of the market can have some nasty effects on the game. Inflatable Mammoth is good example of that.

I would rather be at the mercy of the market then terrible matchmaking and teams.

I saw lots of complaints about this event which mainly stemmed from the scoring system being unfair. Now I can understand that and I'm totally ready to support that sentiment.

I think a better solution would be to make sure the event stays casual and fun for people. Best way to do it would be to make it so that if you lose a match, you won't lose any points.

That would be less frustrating but still leaves the issue of a horrible time limited grind and would further encourage quitting or "basically" quitting the game the moment things go sour.

That way you avoid major frustrations from a losing streak. If you win a match, great, you're closer to the next reward. If you lose a match, no problem, you'll just have another go at it. That way you can have casual fun in the event either with your friends or alone. I really see the Spring Mayhem primarily as "tank sillyness", not as a mode that requires a scoring system copied from clan wars.

Making the rewards tradable isn't going solve the source of the issue: unfair and unrewarding scoring system. :dntknw:

No, but it would make it much more sufferable and reward people who dont like some rewards to cash them in.

• Thanks 1

Couldn't agree more my dude. That's why I created this suggestion.

Imagine for how much the duck would sell! Imagine if the Christmas flare was untradeable!

• Upvote 1

And for those who say "if people stop playing the event they'll have to change it, so get over it":

Your argument basicaly translates to "I know that decor you just saw and instantly fell in love with is an untradeable reward for a temporary event that sucks, but please, don't play the event so you miss the only oportunity to get it only so you can make a statement that will be ignored by the community at large because they are too busy getting the same decor while you are left out because you don't like the event."

Congratulations! You lost the only oportunity to get that decor and no one even cares if you played the event or not. Good luck on making people stop feeling miserable to get what they want with that attitude.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

posted wrong

Edited by lucashc90

BjKalderon posted 30 minutes ago: We have received a lot of feedback regarding the Winter and Spring mayhems and we plan to improve a number of its features the next time it launches

An answer without an answear...

At least they could put the past events' decors up again so new players can win them and old players can have more than one sticker or 2 tank exhausts.

Or sell them on the game store... either way they shouldn't limit what we can trade and how much of it we can have.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 1

some times Earning a reward requires effort, i like to see the rewards in play ( & untradable) as it shows that the players effort shows, not lack of effort, if all the things were tradable the value comes from savvy trading not from skill or perseverance in battle

events with limited time & rewards encourages players to keep in touch with the game, to continue logging in, to increase the daily player base - if all the things were tradable many would login, buy stuff, logout while the rest of us struggle vs bots, longer queues & frequent server issues cause by lack of players

do you want all the things now! or to be able to play XO any time you want?

On 6/3/2019 at 10:53 PM, ARES_IV said:

I cannot agree with you. The only untradeable items should be cosmetic pack exclusive ones. And even that is debatable.

Well, I for am ready to accept some cosmetic items are only available through buying them with $$$ or €€€. If that helps Targem keep the lights on, I'm all for it. If it keeps P2W mechanisms off the game (because you're just paying to look cool), even better,

Only having access to such items locked behind a horrible grind in a repetive poorly designed/copy pasted game mode just causes lot of frustration for people. And I am saying that as a guy that mains tanks and cannons.... yet even I was very frustrated at having to play so many rounds for a bunch of colours.

So it seems the problem is you're not having a good time playing the event mode.

Tradeable items do not devalue the effort/skill required to get them... quite the opposite: They reward it. I would love to sell my missile decor for cold hard cash... but you cant. So I am stuck with something that for me has no value although it cost me a lot of effort to get it.

That is true. But the opposite is also true. If an item you really wanted and possess is up for trade, the very fact it is up for trade devalues the effort you put in to acquire the item in the first place. It's just a question of whether you desired the item in the first place or not.

For a casual player, even the paints required a rather lenghty grind and a fair amount of luck.

There was nothing special about this event. Not only was it the third? recycled version of it but the gameplay issue it had remained mostly unfixed.

Once again, seems like a problem with the way the event was designed.

If you keep the rewards nothing changes if they become tradeable. If you want to sell them for a profit, you cant do that right now. I doubt that particular many people would play the mode only for cold hard coin especially as in reality only the highest rewards will have high market value. For anything below that you are way better off grinding standard PVP.

So what's the problem then? Want the event rewards? Play the event. Don't want the event rewards? Don't play the event. Now the only thing we need is an event that's fun and rewarding to play.

I would argue that one of the major reasons why decor armor is an issue is poor mechanics in combination with a lack of value for "real" armor.

In english, not the item is the problem or how you can get it but the mechanic involving those items.

First point: Grilles still exhibit this behaviour. They can stop a cannon shell on its despite being made out of air. The reason why it's not a widespread problem is because you cannot buy more grilles off the market. Now you could argue while the grilles are still absive mechanic when it comes to projectiles, at least it rewards good design since you only have a limited amount of grilles to work with. Maybe if you had grinded hard for a single Inflatable Mammoth, that could've also been rewarded with how you're gonna use it.

At the same time it would be even more "horrible grind" to get. And even more unfair to people who had no luck to have sufficient time to get them.

ALL items of the game should be balanced and fair. 

This brings us to the second point: You were never able to grind but single Inflatable Mammoth. Had Inf. Mammoths been untradeable from the beginning builds like this would've never existed in the first place:

Spoiler

abhC8XK.jpg

And maybe decor rework would've never never been necessary in the first place.

^^Well to be fair that boat sailed in December 2017 when they introduced Snowman decor in the loot box.

Some unrelated further thoughts inside this spoiler:

Spoiler

Targem Games seems to be a company which doesn't learn from its mistakes.

During Alpha or Battle Tests there used to be many many more grilles in your inventory. The end result was people built cages made out of grilles and enclosed their craft inside to protect themselves from cannon blasts. Devs solved it by reducing the amount of grilles players could have.

Later on devs introduced decor, similarly light structure pieces and in the end it didn't go well

In the end the devs had to solve it the hard way by making the decor hitbox rework :facepalm:

During Alpha or battle Tests cabin power and its relation to acceleration wasn't a thing. The end result was more wheels always trumps less wheels. Devs solved it by introducing the cabin power and how wheels reduced it and thus the aceleration.

Later on devs introduced hovers and made them not react to cabin power in any way. Yep: didn't go well.

In the end the devs had to solve it the hard way by making the hovers dependent on cabin power :facepalm:

I would rather be at the mercy of the market then terrible matchmaking and teams.

I'm not 100% sure what to think about this. There's a part of me that feels being at the mercy of market might have consequences like delaying features like "complex raid" or "co-driver rework" fix sh*tshows like decor abuse. After all it is the market that made the problem so widespread devs had to fix it.

That would be less frustrating but still leaves the issue of a horrible time limited grind and would further encourage quitting or "basically" quitting the game the moment things go sour.

No, but it would make it much more sufferable and reward people who dont like some rewards to cash them in.

5min penalty would still exist. You can quit a match the moment it feels like you don't want to put the effort at turning the tables (which is fair, I do that in PvP).

But this all rides on the idea that an event will always suck. And when it sucks it feels like a "horrible grind". One major part in making the game "less grindy" is making it "more fun". And the way to "redeem" these events seem to be accepting the fact the event will always suck so we should just make sure we can play as little of it as possible.