lucashc90

Way to redeem the Mayhem event

I want event decors/stickers to be tradeable!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. I want event decors/stickers to be tradeable!

• YES! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. EVER.
    • Yes, but only those from events now on.
    • ...Not!

I answered ARES's points but I wanna summarize.

giphy.gif

What kind of message do you guys want to send to Targem Games? Is it:

Hey, we think the events are unrewarding and frustrating to play. They're copy-pasta desings through and through. But you redeem that all by not improving the events but by making the event rewards tradable so we we have more room to decide whether or not to play your sh*tty event. Thanks!

The main point of an event is to attract new or returning players. The events are a backbone of advertising the game. Bad events (and advertising them) gets us nowhere. Thus the OP's way of redeeming the events is a band-aid solution.

Moreover the the solution benefits veteran players (like me) the most who already have a significant storage and therefore more room to decided which event rewards they want through the market if they decided to kip the event altogether. New players do not have that luxury and are forced to play the event anyway. You won't be doing them any services.

Keep some of the long-standing modes like CW in a state that favors veterans but put the event modes into a state where both veterans and newcomers are at the same starting position. The veterans and newcomers will play the same mode and say "Hello there" (preferably with young Obi-Wan's voice). Make the event fun to play. Give players souvenirs from the event which they feel pride in having aquired them. And players who missed the last event a geinuine reason to come back for the next one.

That is how you redeem the events!

• Upvote 1

I do like the idea of having a pre-made build for events it is kind of levelling between player's player skill, but this just 1 pre-build for whole event can be improved. 

We have so many class of weapons and movement parts, why do we only have an event tank?  Why can't we have MG buggy, or melee shotgun or wasp build from the blueprint??  They could set each build for 3 days and keeping the leader broad going.  Players won't get bored for keep playing 1 cannon tank.

We have weekly build competition. Why not have players to build with a set PS builds and then choose a few for event later? 

16 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Well, I for am ready to accept some cosmetic items are only available through buying them with $$$ or €€€. If that helps Targem keep the lights on, I'm all for it. If it keeps P2W mechanisms off the game (because you're just paying to look cool), even better,

I dont mind cosmetic being paid only. In fact, I would encourage the devs to give us more cabin and other CKs.

That is true. But the opposite is also true. If an item you really wanted and possess is up for trade, the very fact it is up for trade devalues the effort you put in to acquire the item in the first place.

I disagree. If an item is very hard to get/requires an lot of effort then its market value will generally reflect that.

It's just a question of whether you desired the item in the first place or not. 

Items being untradeable gives me undesirable items that cost storage space while having little value for me.

I just dont see the logic in people - who dont want that particular item - having that item in their storage where it dust and rusts while other people would love to have it but cant get it because they had no time or bad luck and nobody can sell it.

If I dont desire an item I will not play the event for it... tradeable or not.

Once again, seems like a problem with the way the event was designed.

Devs certainly dont have a stellar streak of producing enjoyable content. And while I fully agree with you that the goal should be to make the event more enjoyable in the first place I would rather have the option to buy my way out of the developers shortcoming in this regard.

It also is not just a question of fun... it is a problem of time, too. If you are on holiday in real life or have similar time constraints you can end up punished quite badly because the timing of an event just didnt worked out with your real life.

Finally, items being tradeable does not make it necesary to sell them. Items are only on the market because their owner wants to part with them.

Why not give people this freedom?

Now the only thing we need is an event that's fun and rewarding to play.

And an event that happens to be at a time where people have time... seriously why does it have to require dumb luck to have gaming time available when the event happens?

First point: Grilles still exhibit this behaviour.

Which imho still violates reality less than decor armor. In fact, to be structural sound, most grilles would have to be made from pretty durable materials.... and while those materials certainly wouldnt stop a cannon shell they might easily offer sufficient resistance to arm and detonate the shell.

In gameplay terms, for looks alone the death of decor armor is a good thing for the game. Even those hover abonimation looks a lot nicer now.

Finally, the effectivness of grilles as armor is in no small part causes by the brutal fact that even the most durable structural piece in reality does not offer much in protection. The APC roof is nice for cabin health but its own protective properties are at best slightly better than even a bunch of lunatics parts. If we had serious armor, one would not need to use grilles as explosive stoppers because you could use the solid steel wall for that.

This brings us to the second point: You were never able to grind but single Inflatable Mammoth. Had Inf. Mammoths been untradeable from the beginning builds like this would've never existed in the first place:

Not to the extent but that would not even be "curing the symptoms" but "minimizing the appearance of the symptoms" while leaving the sickness untouched.

Decor should have always been decor and should have never stood in as armor. Not only does untradeable decor not solve the issue but it also PUNISHES people who use decor the intended way.

I would kill for more tank pipes.... but you cant buy them and so I am limited to 2.

Some unrelated further thoughts inside this spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Targem Games seems to be a company which doesn't learn from its mistakes. 

During Alpha or Battle Tests there used to be many many more grilles in your inventory. The end result was people built cages made out of grilles and enclosed their craft inside to protect themselves from cannon blasts. Devs solved it by reducing the amount of grilles players could have.

Later on devs introduced decor, similarly light structure pieces and in the end it didn't go well

In the end the devs had to solve it the hard way by making the decor hitbox rework :facepalm:

During Alpha or battle Tests cabin power and its relation to acceleration wasn't a thing. The end result was more wheels always trumps less wheels. Devs solved it by introducing the cabin power and how wheels reduced it and thus the aceleration.

Later on devs introduced hovers and made them not react to cabin power in any way. Yep: didn't go well.

In the end the devs had to solve it the hard way by making the hovers dependent on cabin power :facepalm:

I fully agree with this text.

I'm not 100% sure what to think about this. There's a part of me that feels being at the mercy of market might have consequences like delaying features like "complex raid" or "co-driver rework" fix sh*tshows like decor abuse. After all it is the market that made the problem so widespread devs had to fix it.

The market has no influence on game balancing. It merely makes issues more visible as people abuse the living crap out of the system.

The issus is not that people buy 20 neon santas... the issue is that neon santas used to be more than decor. They would have to had fix that sooner or later... there are multiple events and in time a active event player would have ended up with exactly the amount of decor armor as now... except that nobody that had the same amount of event rewards could ever hope to compete.

"You want to compete? Sorry, that is not possible because you will need 5 years to amass the same amount of abusive decor as the old players".

I gladly take the decor nerf over any new feature... the looks of the game have never been improved so much.

But this all rides on the idea that an event will always suck. And when it sucks it feels like a "horrible grind". One major part in making the game "less grindy" is making it "more fun". And the way to "redeem" these events seem to be accepting the fact the event will always suck so we should just make sure we can play as little of it as possible.

The thing is... I have a strong hunch that the reason why the devs made the items untradeable is in fact a desperate attempt at forcing more people to play the event. So instead of trying to make it "more fun" devs basically said "you will play it or else".

The hated best of 3 format as well as terrible scrap payouts clearly indicate that it isnt devs first priority that people have fun... yet you demand that players dont look for ways to minimize their unfun times.

What kind of message do you guys want to send to Targem Games? Is it:

Hey, we think the events are unrewarding and frustrating to play. They're copy-pasta desings through and through. But you redeem that all by not improving the events but by making the event rewards tradable so we we have more room to decide whether or not to play your sh*tty event. Thanks!

It does not redeem the events... but it makes them a significantly lower annoyance. It also gives developers a much more realistic look at the number of players playing the event for the events sake and not the untradeable rewards.

Thus the OP's way of redeeming the events is a band-aid solution.

Perhaps it wasnt formulated that well. Tradeable items alone will not "redeem" the event but they would certainly reduce one of its shortcomings.

Moreover the the solution benefits veteran players (like me) the most who already have a significant storage and therefore more room to decided which event rewards they want through the market if they decided to kip the event altogether. New players do not have that luxury and are forced to play the event anyway. You won't be doing them any services.

Why?

If you are out of storage space - something that you are far more likely to be as a veteran in the first place - then getting new items at an inopportune time does hardly improve your situation.

New players could easily avoid the event and buy items later on the market - which is actually nice for them because good luck getting into higher leagues within weeks when you a wet behind the ears newbie.

In fact, the most charming advantage of the market is that it removes the time constraint. You can buy items long after the event is over.... you can buy a Tackler even if you started playing last week (leaving coin issues aside) although the pack no longer exist and otherwise would be lost for all eternity for you.

Give players souvenirs from the event which they feel pride in having aquired them. And players who missed the last event a geinuine reason to come back for the next one.

How?

If the items in the "new" event are the same as in the old event, old players will either have more (R.I.P. storage space btw) items or still unique access to items that newer players can never get.

If the items in the "new" event are new... then there is no difference except that newer players still NEVER can get those old items.

Market freedom is what we need.

Edited by ARES_IV
  • Upvote 1

mayham events was horrible to be honest, every mayham its the same booring mode, fatman wars....

there shoudlnt be a problem to change the builds out with something more fun than slowarse tank build

and the best of 3 rounds doesnt make the mayham any better.

specialy when 80% of the time people leave after first round and ends up in guarentee defeat.

yeha tradable mayham items would be awesome!

and beside adding mayham items as tradable is only bringing coins into gaijins pockets to, so they win on this to

greed aint hard to do math on

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sasherz said:

yeha tradable mayham items would be awesome!

and beside adding mayham items as tradable is only bringing coins into gaijins pockets to, so they win on this to

greed aint hard to do math on

Sometimes, it is amazing what people can come up with.

Mayham prize items are given out free from the game.  Trade-able or not make no different to the game company's pockets. What is the link??

5 minutes ago, ChopChopChop said:

Sometimes, it is amazing what people can come up with.

Mayham prize items are given out free from the game.  Trade-able or not make no different to the game company's pockets. What is the link??

:015_2: did you hear something called market fee/ taxes? 

• Upvote 2

On 6/20/2019 at 8:41 AM, ARES_IV said:

The thing is... I have a strong hunch that the reason why the devs made the items untradeable is in fact a desperate attempt at forcing more people to play the event. So instead of trying to make it "more fun" devs basically said "you will play it or else". [...]

[...]If the items in the "new" event are the same as in the old event, old players will either have more (R.I.P. storage space btw) items or still unique access to items that newer players can never get.

If the items in the "new" event are new... then there is no difference except that newer players still NEVER can get those old items.

Market freedom is what we need.

This is what I believe. You can be proud of a extremely difficult item to get during a limited event but if you either want to keep it or sell it should be entirely a matter of choice.

What pride does it give you to own 2 tank exhausts, a Tactical birch or any othe low tier decor that is as easy to get as any other paid item at the market?

If it is so much about pride, make the tank duck untradeable just as the prize duck. That way there will still be an endgoal for those hungry for exclusivety without hurting the playerbase.

You can have a fun event without the need to control people's freedom and the fact those items are locked in your inventory AND darining its space shows how much "fun" and "player freedom" is a priority here.

In the end it could at least prove to be a source of income for those who don't care about decors and exclusivety, but even that was taken from us...

As I said many times: that's is a dangerous precedent and we need to speak loudly against it.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 1

On 6/2/2019 at 11:37 PM, lucashc90 said:

6 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

#Consolestoo

Hello, survivors!

All the forums sections are now available for console players. We'll watch for the spam attacks and do our best to make the forums both spam-safe and convenient to use for all the players, no matter what is their preferable platform.

Imagem relacionada

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, TexX said:

------------------------------

Maybe if they re-did the rewards from said event (not saying make them sell-able at this point), but, give ppl like...

500 rating give you white scrap, can be used to buy season 1, season 2 or a new season 3 "500 rated" item...so, if you feel you missed out, you can now buy the old item, while the veteran can still gain new item via this.

At 800 rating, you get "red scrap", used to buy 800 rated item from all prev and the new season (pick 1 out of 3 item). ect.

-----------------------------

I personally think this is a good idea. New players get a chance to get old rewards while at the same time having to earn them by earning the prize resource via leagues in events, not simply buying them with coin. This could also allow for you to get lots of redundant copies of low-tier rewards you like and pass on the ones you don't want (Want 6 tank exhausts? It'll cost you the other common decors' worth of prize resource).

Sure, this means that a player can bank up a bunch of prize resource (assuming it carries over to later events and different prizes cost different amounts of one or two resources) to get a big prize without actually reaching 2000+ rating...but there was still a lot of work put in over all those events to get just one prize, so it's not cheating the system or devaluing the item. Players who don't have a lot of spare time can work toward a good prize slowly and over time, instead of missing out on all the nice stuff every time.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DominusPericulum said:

Sure, this means that a player can bank up a bunch of prize resource (assuming it carries over to later events and different prizes cost different amounts of one or two resources) to get a big prize without actually reaching 2000+ rating

That is the problem: they DID reach the 2000+ rating, so why bar him/her achieved it across events?

Edited by lucashc90