sam93931

Restrict battles to this region not working

1. I got sent in the EU server even after I checked the "restrict battles to this region" set to USA. The que time was about 1 min, not even.
  2. Longer que time, but grantee a US server
  3. Start a regular pvp battle with US server enable
  4. N/A
  5. Happens all the time (many games in a row), normally I don't mind cause EU ping isn't bad, but today it was very high. I then tried this "new" function, but turns out it doesn't work at all.

Logs net.loggfx.loggame.logcombat.logchat.log

Screenshots :

Spoiler

screenshot-190527-194210.jpg

screenshot-190527-193906.jpg

Accepted as C-111358 Restrict battles to this region not working

• Thanks 1

It was exception: there wasn't avaliable slots on american server.

• Thanks 1

This is happening to me right now. It cost me 80 fuel today when I kept getting put on EU servers despite having the setting locked to USA. Connection to EU servers is a dead loss from Australia at the moment even during off-peak times in Australia. Que time was short and I had the restrict to region tickbox ticked, so excuses about there not being enough slots available on the server won't cut it. It's extremely frustrating and I'm extremely pissed off at having my time and fuel wasted.

Region lock is broken OR Player base is too low,

• queue up with 3 other players from AU with AU set for raid & get FORCED on to EU, with one EU player making the location determination for the whole team...
  • queue up for Steel champion, with US Set & wait 30+ mins, asked GM @TheRadiun & he got 15 seconds queue on US from US, turn SET off & get EU after 30 seconds, 
  • Setting  AS (asia) from NZ/AU & get RU?
  • setting AU gets AS sometimes although mostly US or more likely EU
  • setting Auto gets EU or RU. Never anything else even at Peak local times with other players (friends & Clan) in AS or US matches, 
  • Race & brawls, never get hosted locally ever. US at best (200-250ms ping) even at peak times with many choosing Lock region & queuing up at same peak local time
  • this ^^ list is not exclusive, there are many bug reports & suggestion to improve this situation (like regional hosting brawls or CW for that added challenge to outsiders while encouraging more AU local players to login at know times/days for know local hosting of some XO play)

we can get AU if all four players Set AU for raids, if not 4 players then the other players on EU/RU will decide the server. (broken)

Happened again tonight with lag spike of 250 ms, it's unplayable. What is happening with those servers? Been playing the game for 2 years, it has never been that unstable (restricted battle to regions doesn't even work, AGAIN!!).

Hello, @sam93931!

We've checked everything once again and the region restriction option works just as intended.

BUT, there's always an exception: if there're no available slots atm at the server you've selected, then the game tries to connect you to the nearest available server, instead of keeping you in the queue for an unpredictable amount of time. The MM system will never match you to EU servers, if there're available slots in NA.

• Thanks 1

^^Allright then. You heard the man.

If the game puts you on EU server, you just leave the match and requeue. Eventually you'll get a match in USA server once a slot opens. Not exactly the most elegant solution but a solution nevertheless - except for raids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Hello, @sam93931!

We've checked everything once again and the region restriction option works just as intended.

BUT, there's always an exception: if there're no available slots atm at the server you've selected, then the game tries to connect you to the nearest available server, instead of keeping you in the queue for an unpredictable amount of time. The MM system will never match you to EU servers, if there're available slots in NA.

Since the fairness of the game by ping is the topic of origin
Rather than reply with excuses or not resolve the questioner's question
Relieve discomfort of ping
In spite of games that depend on ping
A game with a ping of 250 ms is the main cause of people leaving regardless of the game system
, when I connect to RU or EU, over 300ms is normal
Not only me but all Asian players except a very small number of players play in RU and EU, ping exceeds 300ms and can be disconnected with high probability
and all brawl and clan war, event (like soccer) is open only on EU or RU
why devs don`t solve this ping problem ? over years

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

why you advertised this game even we get over 300ms ping?
you couldn't think the high ping is could be reason of people quit this game?

how do we play clan war?

how do we play event?

how do we play battle royale and brawl? 

on thin high ping server??

all win is for only RU and EU player ,

How are the money we dedicate used?

don`t ignore us

why your company name is "gaijin"? are you messing around?

Edited by XiOiUS
  • Upvote 5

@XiOiUS are you a fan of Flip Flappers or you just love Welwitschia's sassy laugh?

*AHEM* Back on topic!

Yes, high ping and lack of server slots are the bane of this game and that was one of the reasons I gave up on the current soccer Event: 15 minutes queue only to be relocated to EU servers and suffer 400+ ping with 2~12 Packet loss... which causes a delay in response that is abysmal for a soccer match!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

@XiOiUS are you a fan of Flip Flappers or you just love Welwitschia's sassy laugh?

*AHEM* Back on topic!

Yes, high ping and lack of server slots are the bane of this game and that was one of the reasons I gave up on the current soccer Event: 15 minutes queue only to be relocated to EU servers and suffer 400+ ping with 2~12 Packet loss... which causes a delay in response that is abysmal for a soccer match!

I love Welwitschia ,sad that her scene is few

my discord had 60 asian member

and all player has near or over 300ms ping on Eu and RU server

And everyone complains about ping
and sadly almost player quit game by high ping
i`m sad too

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Hello, @sam93931!

Thank you for your answer, any chance we can have more north america server slots in the future? Cause like spedemix said, the only way as player to fix it is to leave the match every time and hope to get in a US server the next one.

7 hours ago, XiOiUS said:

why you advertised this game even we get over 300ms ping?
you couldn't think the high ping is could be reason of people quit this game?

how do we play clan war?

how do we play event?

how do we play battle royale and brawl? 

on thin high ping server??

all win is for only RU and EU player ,

How are the money we dedicate used?

don`t ignore us

why your company name is "gaijin"? are you messing around?

This is not the place, start your own topic for those issues thx ;)

Edited by sam93931

On 8/20/2019 at 6:08 PM, Woodyrojo said:

We've checked everything once again and the region restriction option works just as intended

i could start a small list of things (XO related & otherwise) that work as intended, blunt blades still cut, a broken pencil still writes on torn paper, a flat tire still drives, etc infinity

a slow connection with high ping on a server half a world away still allows me play XO, 

the question @Woodyrojo is: does XO behave & work as intended WHEN the ping exceeds 250 for any player? (there is a reason the F11 Ping displays RED, Yellow & White)  

several times i have seen you ask for players for (mostly) Steel Champs, & Ping is the reason I never could accept & it's only a great mode IF the ping allows the players to react, target, time their actions instantly, having to play this event on EU/RU (varies where you are from & server we get forced onto) servers is not fun, it's frustrating & excessive effort is required, this is made worse because the Dev's seem to forget that their own experience in XO is biased by your connection & near perfect ping & ability to control what server you get,

I again invite your staff to play this event event on AU server (to simulate to worst case scenario many outside EU/RU area endure) or any mode with a variety of weapons instead of the limited arsenal that can work with a high ping on distant server, [if ping over 200ms to 'x,y,z' server  then STOP player getting game on that server unless player specifically chooses that server] 

we are only asking for the ability to enjoy & play the game AS INTENDED, as advertised, as it should be experienced.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2019 at 7:04 PM, SpeedLocked said:

the question @Woodyrojo is: does XO behave & work as intended WHEN the ping exceeds 250 for any player?

As my ping is almost never bellow the 300 mark I can say... mostly work as inteded...?

I think that packet loss is the worst thing since even 2% can screw you royalty but not even that I'm sure because there were matches with 500 ping and 12% packet loss that were MORE playable than matches with 170 ping and 0% loss.

Just like the Event's rating system: we know how it works, we know how it should work... but does it really?

• Thanks 1

So i learned a new thing, this game not only lacks players but also server slots for those few players?

Are there any plans on improving this situation?

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

Are there any plans on improving this situation?

I think the solution would be to create more servers worldwide but I don't hink those are planed in the near future (it would be nice to play steady with people in my own country though...)

On 8/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, Spedemix said:

If the game puts you on EU server, you just leave the match and requeue

That is not a solution.

We as players can't solve this problem.

• Upvote 2

The solution is a major network system change
Asynchronous system
PSO, Counter Strike, and Fortnite are games with an environment where you can play fair even in high ping situations
How does this game compare?
Developers have left this issue for years and as a result the game is dying
and still they ignore us except russian opinion who has comfortable ping

Edited by TaxioN
  • Upvote 1

One moment, you are saying that you can play CSGO with high ping ? We are talking about the first person shooter ? The one that everybody wants to get the most fps and best ping to don't suck at rankeds ? Ye, ofc go play high competitive games with high ping, I mean what could go wrong XD, all the team losing beacause of you, nah..... never.... (If you didn't get it, it's sarcasm)

Yep, you really know so much about ping TaxioN

Edited by tanker199099

I don't know what you're saying
I'm talking about network systems
Please reply after studying a little more

If there is no ping problem, we can play equally regardless of the Usa or Asia server and solve the problem of matching waiting time and ps difference

right?

21 hours ago, tanker199099 said:

One moment, you are saying that you can play CSGO with high ping ? We are talking about the first person shooter ? The one that everybody wants to get the most fps and best ping to don't suck at rankeds ? Ye, ofc go play high competitive games with high ping, I mean what could go wrong XD, all the team losing beacause of you, nah..... never.... (If you didn't get it, it's sarcasm)

Yep, you really know so much about ping TaxioN

• Upvote 1