sam93931

Restrict battles to this region not working

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:08 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Hello, @sam93931!

We've checked everything once again and the region restriction option works just as intended.

BUT, there's always an exception: if there're no available slots atm at the server you've selected, then the game tries to connect you to the nearest available server, instead of keeping you in the queue for an unpredictable amount of time. The MM system will never match you to EU servers, if there're available slots in NA.

With this exception (not avaible slots on server), sometimes within seconds of queuing you are placed on a distant server.
which is not good for a raid / brawl / cw, especially.

I believe it should be done a little differently, and it is not very difficult to implement..
instead why not set a wait time, like 5min or something close. so if no slot is available during this time continue queuing for the chosen server.
only after this wait time start searching for a game on nearest available server.
  • Upvote 1

@TaxioN I have a solution for you, because you don't understand that is impossible to connect from one part of the earth to another part many km away wihout lattency, so my solutions for you are:

1.If you like the game, and you want less latency without understanding what I said before, just move to europe or russia =)

2.Uninstall the game and play another game with payers in your region and stop complaining without understanding what I said before

Edited by tanker199099
  • Confused 1

Like now
Not a network system where all players are fully synchronized on a single server
It is said that an asynchronous network that relies on clients can solve this ping problem.
You don't even understand the whole story before the superficial thing to pass your claim
Please understand that

5 hours ago, tanker199099 said:

@TaxioN I have a solution for you, because you don't understand that is impossible to connect from one part of the earth to another part many km away wihout lattency, so my solutions for you are:

1.If you like the game, and you want less latency without understanding what I said before, just move to europe or russia =)

2.Uninstall the game and play another game with payers in your region and stop complaining without understanding what I said before

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TaxioN said:

It is said that an asynchronous network that relies on clients can solve this ping problem.

Of course, but that would be a lot of work, the whole base (netcode) of the game would have to be remade. And if not executed perfectly, clientside hitdetection and things like that open the door for cheating...

I think it's more realistic for crossout to provide more local servers, as a fix for now.

yes,
With the current server-centric structure, it is almost impossible to cheat such as changing parameters

However, if possible, I wanted the game to have no delay on the client side.
In other words, instead of sending each action to the server
I wanted the "result" after the action to be sent to the server
operation delays that always occur

• Upvote 2