Carjack needs some love. Further versions of this can aid in getting the vehicle out of harms way.

Rare carjack: more compact version, lighter (same effects)

Epic carjack: grants 100% power after flipping

Legendary carjack: grants 150% power after flipping, grants a short invisibility while flipped (45 sec cooldown) OR grants aegis shield for a short time while flipped(45 sec cooldown)

Relic carjack: grants 200% power after flipping, grants a short period of invulnerability while flipped (45 sec cooldown)

Radio needs some love (but first remove radio perks from the "Doppler" radar.) Further versions of this can aid in friendly team awareness.

Rare radio: Increased range

Epic radio: Increased range, sends current vehicle health status on the players minimap (tab), alerts team of PvP engagements

Legendary radio: Increased range, sends current vehicle health status on the players minimap (tab), alerts team of PvP engagements, counters enemy radio transmissions in a short range

Relic radio: Increased range, sends current vehicle health status on the players minimap (tab), alerts team of PvP engagements, counters enemy radio transmissions in a short range, target 1 enemy vehicle to highlight to friendlies and applies a small increased damage effect to enemy vehicle for short duration (1min cooldown)

Also, more support items would be appreciated, including welding weapons to fix friendly vehicles.

Edited by CovertOpsBomber
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

I agree that the carjack needs some love, but I don't think adding new versions while the first one already isn't used is going to help. Tho the rare, smaller one sounds nice.
I think carjacks should increase the range at wich you can flip your allies too. Lets be honest, most rides are designed to avoid flipping, and as such investing a point on carjack for the few times where you'll flip (very rare) and when you'll team will be too dumb to pay any attention to literally anything on screen or the map (very, very common) is a waste. Moreover, people are convinced they're super pilots so even if they drive really bad and keep flipping they still won't take a carjack. So why not make it a support item? If it allowed you to help people from further away, you'd feel like you're supporting your team by picking a carjack instead of admitting that you can't drive.
Another thing that could help would be to give it some more HPs. Mights as well serve as armor when you don't need it.

About the radios, DO NOT take it out of the Radar detectors. that's throwing radar detector users another 100 PS higher for no reason, they're generally the ony ones trying to support their team, I don't see why you'd slap them for that.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 2

make rare carjack can flipback vehicle anytime it turn upside down .because current white carjack  need to wait untill vehicle become stable after flip

• Upvote 1

I like those ideas although I do believe that carjack will never be worth 1 energy for most designs.

Having higher rarity radios alone would solve the issue that most people forget radios exist in the first place...

On 5/28/2019 at 7:12 AM, MechaRanger said:

Rare radio: Increased range

Hey devs.

Can we get a Rare Radio which does the exact same thing as the current Common Radio but on top of transmitting information it also receives info from your teammates whether or not they have a radio equipped? Call it Interceptor or whatever. That way i don't have to rely on my (franfly stupid) teammates to bring a radio.

I'm fed up with not seeing what my teammates are encountering and Radar Detector cannot be the only solution I can use when my teammates don't have common sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Hey devs.

Can we get a Rare Radio which does the exact same thing as the current Common Radio but on top of transmitting information it also receives info from your teammates whether or not they have a radio equipped? Call it Interceptor or whatever. That way i don't have to rely on my (franfly stupid) teammates to bring a radio.

I'm fed up with not seeing what my teammates are encountering and Radar Detector cannot be the only solution I can use when my teammates don't have common sense.

I fully support the idea that both carjack and radio are underused.

Addind more options by way of different rarity types of these parts would be nice.

I would however prefer a focus on teaching players (mandatory tutorials?) the value of running radios (or team oriented modules in general) rather than encourage lone wolfing.

Sure, ending up on a team with neither radios nor radars equipped sucks and usually end in a wipe.

Teamplay should be encouraged by game mechanics.

Providing ways to play without teammates will help better players but become detrimental to the playerbase and game as a whole in the long run.

We already see this by players pushing teammates into enemy fire or simply to make way to land their own shots.

Also as of now, to my knowledge tanking damage or spotting does not net any points which is counter productive in my book...

I would like a version of the car jack that insta-flip a car whenever it lands upside down. Maybe even a jack that adds a small jumping ability like the Match 5 in Speed Racer?

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, His_Daddy said:

I would however prefer a focus on teaching players (mandatory tutorials?) the value of running radios (or team oriented modules in general) rather than encourage lone wolfing.

Great on paper, trickier in practice.

People don't run radar detectors because of the info transmission. They run 'em because of the enemy detection without LOS. Most people probably wouldn't even notice if you silently removed the radio ability from detectors.

Increasing enemy detection radius with a radar is easy to understand. The radio which is solely about buffing your teammates seems too hard for people to understand.

This problem with the radio runs incredibly deep with even many of the veterans not using a radio. Lot of the times when I tell people to run a radio they'll answer something along the lines of:

"But I already have a radar, what do I need a radio for?" or "My mass/parts limit is reached and I simply cannot spare".

5 hours ago, Spedemix said:

People don't run radar detectors because of the info transmission.

I have to disagree personally. I ran my Rare Detector and immediately noticed my win rate improved. I upgraded to the Epic and more victories. The Bots even perform better. I then fused my Detector for Transmission Distance. At first I carried a Radio as back up to the Detector, but I hide my Detector below my Cabin and the Radio became redundant. My Detector is the most important part on my vehicle after the Cabin. My builds all are focused on working with my Detector.

But I play Scout/Support style and many do not. So, you are probably 99% correct.

Good health to you all.

Edited by LordTutor

I agree that in most cases a radar detectors is used it is as far from team tactics as it can be.

My experience though matches LordTutor's.

Run Radar & Radio or a Detector if you can spare the weight / energy and winrate goes up.

Not by a huge margin but by compensating for some of your teammates stupidity (I would hope mostly unawareness but somehow doubt that...) even a not so great team can sometimes just barely win.

I almost always run both a detector and a radio unless it absoletely cannot be helped.

The issue with the current way these modules work is that players do not realise the effect they have.

Laissez faire (or rather build whatever you want) is great but turns into a problem as the effect is not that easy to see at a first glance.

Noone should be forced to run a radio.

But everyone should have to do a tutorial explaining the effect.

Maybe a mission without weapons during which the radio goes down / up reapeatedly?