Ka1deron

[News] Changes and new features in testing

Whats the new scorp dmg to bare cabin ? 

Porc barrel have 50 hp ?

Decor change benefit from scorpion shots ?

edit: Scorp bare damage was fine. It just needed small accuracy boost. I realy hope you wont kill the damage..

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR

Ka1deron (Posted )

StreaMRoLLeR, hello! Very soon you'll be able to test the upcoming changes yourself as the test server will be opened really soon. And we will share more details in the upcoming patchnotes, of course.
  • Haha 1

Sound is great thx for your jobs devs that's a best update ... im happy for ML200 it's very good idea

ps : special big thx for the spark III :012j:

Ka1deron (Posted )

You are very welcome! These are the key changes planned to be included in the upcoming update - stay tuned for more details from us!
  • Upvote 4

Now we only have to beg for Targem/Gaijin to realize that the explosion radius of all legendary and relic cannons is too high without the help of decor as spacing, and pray that Targem will reduce the explosion radius of the Tsunami, Typhoon, and Mammoth by 10%.

Especially the Pulsar that already desperately needs a nerf  is going to be way too overpowered without any decors to compensate for explosion radius. If they push the changes without a fix to the Pulsar they'll break the game balance even more and convert it into what effectively is a one shot gun. While on the topic of the Pulsar, notice how it has only 100 HP less then the Typhoon, and !!51%!! more HP then the scorpion - that is a relic - this is just out of scale. I would suggest to give the scorpion 25% more HP and decrease the Pulsar's HP by 15%.

The Typhoon system is too complicated, with very tricky timeouts. Please use a simpler method like, for example a point system where on every Typhoon shot the struck vehicle gains a point and reduces the stun time from the next hit it receives by 50%, which should stack. The point should degrade after 3sec of being added. This system is much better to comprehend and also more logical.

I really like the idea to reduce the effectiveness of the Spark, but it should deal like 1/3 more damage so its not that useless as an actual weapon itself, well at least that are my thoughts.

The base reload speed of the Corvo also need to increase, as usually the Knechte guns were especially effective, which the Corvo sadly isnt, even though I really like the idea of a revolver in xo, looking at the origin of this game so it would be nice to give that one a bit more of a spotlight, right?

I also really like the single round shotgun patch.

Edited by KHR3b_MbIWKNH

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! At the moment we believe that the following changes will be sufficient for the following weapons. Of course, if the results of this public testing or the upcoming battle statistics show that the following tweaks have to be changed, the additional corrections will be applied as soon as possible.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

A continuation of the additional storyline campaign “Contagion”

Great! :good:

Reworked map “Control-17” station

I am curios about how it will be in the future.

In-Game Event “Another Year in the Wasteland”

Nice. Please make the items tradeable.

After the test of changes in the effects of explosive damage on decor, we took into account your feedback and suggestions, and plan to present their updated version to you:

• The search for parts within a certain angle will no longer be conducted.
  • The projectile's explosion will occur either after contact with a structural part located behind the decor along the projectile flight path, or if there is no structural part along the flight path, the last destroyed decor.

Sounds promising.

We studied a lot of suggestions and complaints from players related to toxic behaviour in raids when one or several participants intentionally stay idle and then get rewards based on the results of the battle. We plan to revise the mechanics of scoring for completing the tasks of the raid and will soon present you with the updated version.

Good. Just be careful that real participation with a bit of bad luck does not result in zero points again.

Bastion” cabin

“Photon” cabin

“Cerberus” cabin

“Steppe spider” cabin and mechanical legs

Tower cannons: “Little Boy 6LB”, “ZS-34 Fat Man”, “ZS-46 Mammoth”

Revolver “Corvo”

Single-shot shotguns: “Junkbow”, “Fafnir”, “Nidhogg”

Autocannons: “AC72 Whirlwind” and “Cyclone”

‘Reaper’ minigun

GREAT! :good:

Tesla emitter “Spark III”

This sounds like a reasonable change. Still think that you need to touch harvester itself again... it is just to comfortable to use and to powerful and still makes any lesser rarity melee weapon completly obsolete.

Cannon “CC-18 Typhoon”

Now the first hit with the gun will block the enemy from controlling his armoured vehicle for 1 second. A second hit on the same opponent will result in a loss of control for 0.5 sec. Subsequent accurate shots on the same vehicle will not disable control until 5.5 seconds has passed since the last shutdown. 

Perfect. It remains powerful in 1v1 but should stop being to brutal in group engagements.

Pulse accelerator “Scorpion”

A bit sceptical about this.. hope it wont be too powerful.

The “Incinerator” catapult and the “Mandrake” howitzer

Excellent idea.

Porcupine” minelayer

Barrels of the “Porcupine” will no longer be destroyed by the “Spark III” emitter immediately after the shot from the minelaying machine.

Sounds promising.

Fenders

We plan to rework the parameters of many fenders, changing their durability, mass and PS.

Developer comment: With these changes, we want to systematize the parameters of the fenders, given their faction identity, and increase the attractiveness and effectiveness of those parts that are rarely used in assemblies.

I am looking forward to this.

• We plan to add the ability to manually lock parts in storage. After this, the item will not be able to be randomly sold or used in fusion. The locked part can be unlocked back.
  • We are planning an option to hide your own profile and select those who can view it: all players, friends and clans, only friends or nobody.
  • We are planning additional filters to the option “Can build”, thanks to which you will be able to exclude certain categories of parts when searching for a suitable blueprint. You can add exceptions like: “Structure”, “Weapons”, “Hardware”, “Movement” and “Decor”.

This is all awesome! :good:

This sounds very promising developers.

Could you please give Lunar IV wheels a major buff and restore their traction to the original poor on hard ground but great on sand and water? Those wheels are completly useless even if you consider their damage pass trough.

Edited by ARES_IV

Ka1deron (Posted )

Thank you for sharing your feeback regarding the major points of this announcement, ARES! The test server is going to be available soon - you are very welcome to share your feedback after you've tried the changes yourself.
  • Upvote 4

Pretty much all of this is sounding good, a few QoL parts particularly, but what i didnt see but was hoping for an update on, is: when is the next horseman pack coming out?

Ka1deron (Posted )

SaikoSystems, hello! At the moment I can recommend you to stay tuned for the news regarding the next update;)

Holy.... Sounds like an excellent list of change. The legs and Steppe Spider thing is great for variety, the spark applying it's debuff over time gives some kind of counterplay, Cerberus counting as a proper melee, Corvo actually scaling with engines now... +1 I guess? Just give some love to Fatman and Mammoth now and I'll be happy (^:.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 1

Typhoon rework sounds very complicated now, how are we going to calculate all that stuff? how about make it an enemy gets stunned for 1 second and  after stun ends it will have 1 second of immunity against stun? so 1 second stun and 1 second immunity it sounds balanced no?

Edited by D3N1Z

Ka1deron (Posted )

D3N1Z, the following numbers have been calculated in order to both preserve the cannon's effectiveness for single encounters while making it more balanced against team vs team kind of battles. The numbers may be changed in case there is a necessity.

please pm me @BjKalderon what the new Scorpion base damage. I am going to craft it today. You can save me lots of money. Cannot wait 2 hours :007:

Ka1deron (Posted )

The final numbers of all implemented changes are going to be revealed with the patchnotes) But you will be able to test the tweaks very soon - and share your feedback as well;)

2 minutes ago, D3N1Z said:

typhoon rework sounds very complicated now, how are we going to calculate all that stuff? how about make it an enemy gets stunned for 1 second and  after stun ends it will have 1 second of immunity against stun? so 1 second stun and 1 second immunity it sounds balanced no?

Here is a hypothetical table showing an example of typhoon hits on a vehice at a given time with the stun duration:

0:00, 1st hit: stun for 1sec

0:02, 2nd hit: stun for 0.5sec

0:04, 3rd hit: no stun

0:10, 4th hit: stun for 1sec

0:16, 5th hit: stun for 1sec

Ka1deron (Posted )

That was quick! But I just have to add that the following table is hypothetical and you will be able to check the tweaks on the test server)

5 minutes ago, KHR3b_MbIWKNH said:

Here is a hypothetical table showing an example of typhoon hits on a vehice at a given time with the stun duration:

0:00, 1st hit: stun for 1sec

0:02, 2nd hit: stun for 0.5sec

0:04, 3rd hit: no stun

0:10, 4th hit: stun for 1sec

0:16, 5th hit: stun for 1sec

its still gonna be very hard to calculate waiting long enough to stun again ( 5.5 second ) , especialy if its not 1v1 

Edited by D3N1Z

Kapkans need the same buff as porks get, cant be destroyed before its atached to ground

Ka1deron (Posted )

Sasherz, hello! At the moment there are no such plans because this change may have a negative effect on the in-game balance)
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

please pm me @BjKalderon what the new Scorpion base damage. I am going to craft it today. You can save me lots of money. Cannot wait 2 hours :007:

I dont own scorpion yet. How am i supposed to test in PTS ? would be very easy for you to just pm me ( at least the reduction on PTS ATM) the dmg reduction so i could decide within minutes. Please:)

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR

Ka1deron (Posted )

StreaMRoLLeR, actually, we plan to give you guys access to some of the weapons and cabins that are planned to be changed (so you can test the upcoming changes even if you don't have those parts:))

I can't understand few balance changes and i don't like few balance changes, but quite many changes are fine.
Well, i love every the other changes. i wanna cross my fingers for you.

Ka1deron (Posted )

VisceraCleaner, thank you! Please don't hesitate to share your impressions in a special topic after you've played on the test server)

Revolver “Corvo”

The reload rate of the revolver “Corvo” will increase when using the engines “Hot red”, “Oppressor” and “Colossus”, as well as the cabin “Echo”.

This alone makes the update good... Time to take the dust out of those beauties! :wub:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, xCrossFaith said:

This alone makes the update good... Time to take the dust out of those beauties! :wub:

Oppressor Echo triple Corvo, maybe? (^:

The “Incinerator” catapult and the “Mandrake” howitzer

Special settings will be added that allow you to adjust the sight sensitivity for the “Incinerator” catapult and the “Mandrake” howitzer along the X and Y axes. Also, the sight ope will no longer return to the standard position after each shot.

The main problem with the Incinerator is the flatter trajectory after update 0.10.25. Prior to that update, the more rounded trajectory was better because the minimum range was closer to the weapon, at least with a purpose-built car. The new, flatter trajectory moved the minimum range farther away, making close-quarters combat more difficult. And now, if I want to have as close a trajectory as practicably possible, but still not as close as pre-0.10.25, I have to build taller, making my car more visible and easier to hit. Since you're already playing with aiming parameters, give us the ability to adjust the trajectory's curvature as well - so creative players can have a more rounded one, and bads can go for the simpler, flatter trajectory to go along with their bad builds; or restore the original trajectory. To put it simply - anyone who was using the Incinerator a lot at the time when update 0.10.25 dropped and didn't notice a change in the trajectory's curvature, and didn't mind that update at all - you are bad at building for the Incinerator and using it, or just are content with being defenseless at a close range, so you don't understand what I'm talking about and you won't benefit from my suggestion being implemented; anyone who noticed the change for the worse, probably just me, should go play something else, because apparently creative gameplay is still being reduced bit by bit (maybe for the benefit of console players, or those otherwise handicapped).

Edited by Omega616

Ka1deron (Posted )

Omega616, it's worth saying that such changes (as the settings that have a direct effect on the gameplay control - wise) are quite subjective and it's always better to test them in the game.
  • Upvote 2

Single-shot shotguns: “Junkbow”, “Fafnir”, “Nidhogg”

The spread of single-shot shotguns will no longer be random and will be preset.

Developer comment: In the current version, the spread of single-shot shotguns is quite high, and one shotgun volley can be both extremely accurate and extremely inefficient. We want to remove such random mechanics and make single-shot shotguns more predictable.

Make single-shot shotguns more predictable means that if I shot with 2 fafnir and the shot is near the enemy, give more damage compared before, if I understand corretly.

Ka1deron (Posted )

It's worth mentioning that while the spread itself will be changed, it doesn't mean that it will be always concentrated on one point of the target.

how is this fair for the steppe cabin?humpback gives upto 25% damage, icebox 15% damage and so on but the steppe spider perk compared to the other cabins will be even more unfair.basically the steppe cabin perk will now be "makes you ever so slightly faster" maybe include a perk which lets you boost to around 70kmh for a short period of time or something like that. being able to use legs with other cabins is a great idea but I feel like the steppe cabin could do with some love if the other cabins speed will increase.especially being the most expensive cabin

Edited by AtrainSS1
added last few sentances.my message was too negative ;)
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

i'm liking all of this. gonna have to try the test server tomorrow.

those additional missions you are adding to adventure mode...are they in rotation for those daily "memories" repeat missions?

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Thanks 1

I expected a nerf of Pulsar, because actually with the perk the radius of its explosion increases by 0.25 m, always.

I suggest to add a limit, for example if miss the enemy, the radius of its explosion will be reset.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Actually, we are closely monitoring it's perfomance at the moment and it is possible that it will receive a number of changes (if necessary).
  • Thanks 1

I'm just a bit afraid about how much the scorpion base damage will be reduced, lets see. Dont forget that it's a Relic weapon!

All other buffs and nerfs I think will be good. Don't listen to the guy who said that cannons need a explosion radius reduction (LOL), he's crazy. But I agree about the Pulsar, I use it and it's OP.

Think about nerfing the Grenadier drones. Maybe increasing the energy needed to 5 instead of 4 (A Impulse drains 5, why drones with impulses drain only 4?)

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

Hello
as you have already eaten the Lance and Larvester, you have to add a spark that is required for this set now, introduce over powered weapons (Pulsar and Typhon should be called Typhus) where spark should destroy rockets of each type not only Hurricane but also each missile containing cargo explosive (maybe some physics) Immediately. As you want to spoil it so far, increase its adequately inflicted injuries and range. As you also want the game to be dynamic (you claimed so when changing the energy of the cabins, maybe you will block in the end the possibility of getting into unavailable places for wheeled vehicles) and not the campaign in these places by cedic !!! Or maybe a harvester like a different weapon is required to make his ability work, he should give this weapon the same ability?

Edited by srk82

Ka1deron (Posted )

srk82, hello! We don't intend to "spoil" anything with the balance changes. As you know, Crossout's meta is constantly changing and it is completely normal for online games. Any balance changes are applied only because there's a necessity and in case the additional changes are needed, they will be considered for the future updates.
  • Confused 2