[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.60 Mass Contagion

Ka1deron

Game stuttering after update with same gfx setting as before.

What did visually change?
The game also now looks more sharp...with exact the same gfx settings as before...

• Confused 1

@BjKalderon You guys did all this at once on purpose - so many great things added in to cover the controversial changes.

Well played.

But I have to say it is quite daft to reduce the rewards for the raid Steel Cradle, so hard. If I would have seen 5-10% or even 20, fine. But 33% cut in rewards? I am so angry at this.

Not because of the rewards, but because of the mentality. You just proved to me that there is no point working towards anything here anymore. You will give us a challenge, and when we reach the apex of understanding that challenge, you will only punish us for not playing within your parameters.

Don't you want us to want to play these raids? Shouldn't you see the demand there is for chase and make more fast raids that your players can enjoy? Instead you enforce grindy and meaningless experiences on us as a reaction to our efficiency.

You won't increase the population in the other raids, you will only decrease the population in your playerbase if this continues. I can promise it will drop by at least one.

Stop looking at the only the data, and start getting in to your own game with some of us. Then may be you will actually understand your statistics and be able to react accordingly.

EDIT: World Map is ugly as hell now, too. Thanks for that.

Edited by _f0r3v3r_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

First you remove chase (Being worked on? HA...just like how leviathan exhibition links are being worked on, amirite?) and now nerf steel cradle. My..you guys must really want your playerbase to stop doing raids.

Most of the other changes look good though, with possible exception of the pack. A cabin that provides damage buffs for close range builds? Really?? Perhaps its stats will prevent it from being a issue, but too early to say.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

Changed the amount of points that are being awarded for various raid tasks. The overall possible amount of points for completing all the tasks has not changed.

I did a lot of raids before and after patch. I can tell, that I get 15 percent less electro now (steel cradle) :(

Edited by Steinfurt_HQ

1 hour ago, Raid_75 said:

You covered a lot that I'd like to address but can't multiquote for some reason (probably a browser extension issue) So below are my responses in blue.

• I supported this game with cca 1000 Euros by now. - Wow 1,000 Euro. That's an awful lot.

• Guys, games should be fun Grinding is not fun. - Agreed but grinding/resource gathering is part of every game, I think the focus should be spent on making resources more available in various methods of game play (and not exclusive to things like PvP, raids, or Brawls).

• Playing PvP is fun. - Generally agreed save for some PS imbalance issues that players have been exploiting. (aka "Seal clubbing") 

• Why do you force us to lose our time playing damn raids for hours? - Hours? Common... if you don't want to spend time in the raids there's the marketplace to buy your plastic and electronics (but as above more methods to gather the resources the player wants would be better).

• It would be logical to me to give players an option, playing fast raids for less resources, like Chase, or playing long time raids for more resources, like it was before - I can live with this, but lets face it Chase wasn't supposed to be completed in under 2 minutes.

• This is not our jobs, we have our jobs in our real lives, and only one who has enough time to play hours of grinding are kids.  Kids do not spend much money on games, grown people do. And grown people do not have hours of spare time to chase god damn bots....  - Hence why you spent 1,000 Euro. I would assume that as a rational adult you considered spending money vs grinding and found the money was worth it.  It's not like you should have any expectation at seeing real money out of the game for your efforts.

• Constant change of rules and game mechanics are not fun.  - Many of them were needed.  I will say you've got to give credit to these guys as they've been listening and gathering feedback from players on the test server that and the changes that they have made in recent updates has been far less severe.

• Why changing way decor works? It is practically useless now. Why should we put it on our vehicles now? For few more reputation? - Decor is not armor, I'm fine with the changes the reputation bonus and the customization of the builds was the main purpose IMHO.

• Why should people play in events to craft them if they have no real value? - Nothing in the game has real value.   You craft event items cause you want them. At least in the craft events you can pick and choose what you want, right?

• After you get last lvls needed for crafting (15 lvl) reputation is practically useless, you get what, veteran container for each prestige lvl, one blue item that you even can not reroll, or sell. Its junk. Why would anyone of any decent lvl want it?  - This I agree, I remain disappointed with the whole prestige rewards; they are in the meh to yuck range. 

• You give us stickers for playing events. And what are we supposed to do with them? - Uh stick em on stuff?

• Why would we play events? It is mostly PvE events which are just plain boring. - A break from the ordinary? A chance for exclusive items? You don't like the event you can suggest changes but you still don't have to play.

OMG! I was gonna write a similar post in a similar style. You've just saved my time. I hope you guys feel that...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Normally we only get trigger with the changes we don't like, it may sound unfair with all the changes made with this update only point out the ones we don't like, but everything not mentioned bellow is a "meh, what so ever for me", there is not anything in this update that really made me "wow! that is actually cool", there are some "ok no problem" and there is the "oh nooooooooo!" mentioned bellow:

I'm very disappointed with the "Control-17 Station" map change, it is a complete new map, add the old one back please! Sad to see one of my favorite maps complete destroyed like this. Raising terrain on the middle of the map is something we already see on almost all the maps, what is wrong with having a flat terrain with long streets made of containers? Also in terms of gameplay, I see no difference from this map and "Sandy gulf"!

Changes on decor, not sure if needed, people will go back using the radars that where used before decor exist in the game.

"Steel Cradle" nerf, if the problem is the Tusk cabin, why don't you remove it from the game and offer a free pack to every one ingame to compensate it? Doing Chase it Tusk is the most fun thing I had done in raids, make a raid just for it, leave the other ones alone!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, EhWhatOldBean said:

The reason that Raids are getting nerfed is because resource prices are falling steeply and have been for months. 

Devs have to stop this (what happens if they reach almost zero?)  and one of the ways to do this is reduce rewards.

I'm guessing there are more to come.

The prices of resources may be linked with playerbase shrinking maybe?

I used to see more offers in the market.

If that is the case, does making the game more tiresome and time consuming really a good idea?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just tested the Fafnirs after update, the perc is broken. The spread did not just change, the gun literally does not react on neither speed (perc activates at 60 km/h) nor does it seem to react to the Torrero cabins perc. I made a thread in the bug section. Please hotfix this fast.

• Upvote 1

I tried Data Theft wich is a bearable raid as far as I'm concerned and something I noticed is that while rewards supposedly did not change, I do tons of points, often at the expense of someone else in the team. I'm under the impression that kills reward a a bigger percent of the total score than they used to, because I clearly wasn't earning 350 copper/raid before. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
I'm not going to complain I guess since I shoot straight, but it doesn't reward team play. Especially coupled with the lack of bonus for lifting your allies up. You're basically lowering your income now if you help a teammate, and I wouldn't be surprised to see people try to block lines of fire or even worse, flip other raiders to hog the points soon.

Also, I miss the old Control-17. It had varied paths instead of being some open area. I can't say if I like the new one yet, but I liked the old one.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

If that is the case, does making the game more tiresome and time consuming really a good idea?

The number of offers in the market does not mean there are less players. It could mean players are not trading some of the lower value goods.  

Personally I like to see what affect the changes will do to the game.

3 hours ago, ManWhoSaysNii said:

"Steel Cradle" nerf, if the problem is the Tusk cabin, why don't you remove it from the game and offer a free pack to every one ingame to compensate it? Doing Chase it Tusk is the most fun thing I had done in raids, make a raid just for it, leave the other ones alone!

I have seem too many players using the "Tusk" build in "Steel Cradle", but they are not taken the towers down at the good time. Yet, they do set off and not deal against the waves of bots. Too many say it is not their "job". 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

“Mandrake” howitzer and “Incinerator” catapult

• Sensitivity settings along the X and Y axes for the catapult and howitzers have been added to the “Settings — Game” menu section. This option will affect only the aiming from the “Mandrake” and “Incinerator”.
  • After each shot, the scope will no longer return to the standard position.

Thank you so much for adding this! The new options work great! 

19 hours ago, EhWhatOldBean said:

The reason that Raids are getting nerfed is because resource prices are falling steeply and have been for months. 

Devs have to stop this (what happens if they reach almost zero?)  and one of the ways to do this is reduce rewards.

I'm guessing there are more to come.

Wait, are you serious? OMG! 

Developers is that nerf has something to do with market prices in PC, could you plz don't implement that nerf in consoles!    We don have those market problems! 

Edited by *Zhetesh

I like the update overall, just disappointed you guys reworked control-17. It was I think your best map, both side were fair, all play style were good in this map, short, med and long range. All movement parts too, decent cover all around, even some cover against arty while still allowing sniping gameplay. the map was so great, it was the map for all the tournaments organized by both gaijin and Wavy.

I think that was unnecessary work that could have gone into creating an entirely new map instead (you could also bring it back, even if the 2 are similar).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

It could be a result of new players not joining or staying around - they would use a lot of these resources when crafting.  There is definitely an oversupply now.  

Alternatively, there could be players like me who have given up on PvP because of the steamroll Matchmaking.  I do some daily/weekly rewards and log out ASAP. I'm sitting on 50k Scrap and 135k Copper and I am not alone. 

17 hours ago, Draco_Night said:

Steel craddle Nerv? Are you Drunk? The only raid worth it you nerved, what next? No repair Kits ? No respawn? Ffs think please first if you do something.

Now, they are working in how to Nerf the Vectors when used in Raids without affect his performance in Missions. For sure.:vanga:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reaper having more structure now is nice, but I still feel like the weapon just cant put out enough damage fast enough. Personally Id like to see the fire rate ramped way up to something close to its real life counterparts, but reduce the damage of each bullet so its DPS is a bit higher than what it has now.

Radiostation map renewal // battle lines rely too much on radar detector as there is no elevation and large playfield is littered with line of sight blocking elements. If the starting points both would be elevated, opposing parties could asses the force distribution at start. Of course view shouldn't be clear to encourage long range sniping too much and stall the map into camping.

There could also be elevated points through out the map. The trailer close to one of the starting points looks promising but at least my small tracks weren't able to climb it. It wouldn't be also high enough. The elevated structures should be high enough to see over some obstacles, but also so small in diameter, that camping in them would be very hazardous (no room to maneuver).

I've only played few matches so oversights are possible. I trust that the straight shooting player base will bring them up if present.

Edit. The maze like structure of the map was already present in the old one, but there were only few choke points to guard. Basicly three ways to attack of which one could see two at the time.

Edited by _d0bermann_
Added referance to old map

Buff decor's bonus reputation in 2-3 times, otherwise I see 0 reasons to put it on my car. Useless as armor, up to 25% bonus exp, yet you have to pay with 6+ parts and around 180 more ps just to get a bit more exp? I don't mind just playing 1 more game every 5 games rather than using absolutely useless decor. And how hard was it to think about this issue before the patch?

• Upvote 1

If you want to remake some maps, here you go: 

- Founder's canyon -> 2 ways out of the base, both easily covered by enemy fire. Everyone sits near those exits and waits for enemy to go out from the cover. Only zombie-brained people with melee or drones try to do something fishy through invisibility, but usually fail. Total stalemate without any progress, boring map and boring experience. 

- Rock city -> since teams spawn so close to each other, 98% of the map is never used. The map is great by all means (except for stupid base capture, but it's still fine cause only 1). But nobody uses the whole map. The fight is limited to 2 areas - inbetween 2 spawns and on the capping. How to fix this? Oh, it's very hard. You just need to either move spawns further from each other, or make a barrier inbetween them. As I said, very hard. 

- Powerplant -> only 2.5 paths. One is some-what decent for cannons and crickets, but very narrow and is bad for fast pushes. Second middle one is even narrower and easy covered with fire from a lot of points. Third is in the water and can only be good for full spear build with detector. That's it. 3 paths, all of which are narrow and dangerous. Result? Everyone sits and does nothing but stupid things. 

- Old town -> map, where hovers and spiders can only go inbetween buildings 1 by 1. Two is too much for this map. Only builds that are good in it are mostly melee. A lot of cover, no way to run. Team always does something silly on this map, cause it doesn't have any obvious strategy on how to fight from a safe position. 

- Nameless tower / The temple -> it's actually almost same map. It looks different, yet it feels the same. Every 0.5 meters there is a bump, every 2 meters there is a bush. Absolutely empty but huge maps, the only attraction lies in the center and both teams are moving around it trying to catch someone off-guard. Maps which make wheels feel like torture. Maps that make you sleep moving through bumps and bushes on a huge empty map trying to find at least someone, but later you realize both teams are bravely capping each other's bases without a fight. 

- Desert map (the old one) -> map that is equally bad for wheels and hovers. You literally cannot move - wheels cause of sand, hovers cause of no acceleration and 1 billion sand bumps. All the map is easily covered by any cannon / missile fire right from your own base. Your team either sits in their base whole game or rushes enemy base blindly. Another 'fun' map. 

- Sector SUX -> the ultimate shet. This map is like 1/100 of a normal map. It doesn't provide place to go anywhere. You either sit in 'cover' trying to find anyone you can shoot at. Or you sit in your spawn waiting for someone to show up. Half the weapons are bad at this map. Many people just exit the match seeing they have this shetty map again. But you don't think it needs to be changed. 

And this is not even the full list. But instead of any of these broken maps you take the only one that was fine. 

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

I have seem too many players using the "Tusk" build in "Steel Cradle", but they are not taken the towers down at the good time. Yet, they do set off and not deal against the waves of bots. Too many say it is not their "job". 

Their job is to F things up either for them or for us. Preferably for them but I've seen mostly do more harm to the team than good. I think most are repurposed builds from chase because, let's face it, you used to feel like THE player when you one-hitted trucks... it was... fun...

54 minutes ago, flamiohotman said:

If you want to remake some maps, here you gothe only one that was fine. 

NO REMAKES. If you feel like redoing entire maps, why not launch new ones?

I didn't like Control-17 after they "updated" it... feels like a totaly different map and for that reason alone it should be a totaly different map.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 1

I can feel significant deadzone effect on mandrake aiming. This is unwanted. Please add option to disable this.

Also, I have noticed that in some cases even after this update mandrake resets to default range. I cant find any rule for that behavior yet.

Edited by kobac77

No information in patch notes about change of Storm capping point on Bridge map in CW??

Before used to be on top of the bridge, now seems to be under it?? 

No Pulsar rework? Bit OP for a legendary wep!

No Aegis rework? Should be limited 1 per build, like other modules MK, engine etc. We are all tired of double Aegis abusers and not to even talk about fusion builds with 4 aegis in Clan Wars, needs fix!

Map Control-17 now is WAY too huge, specially for a 4v4 gameplay in Cw.

Only information about clan battles was this, what is that even mean?

asdr.PNG

Edited by _Hundu_
  • Upvote 3

What I personally like about the new Control-17 station is how you can push forward in a wave. There are countless smaller "paths" to take each which close enough to each for teammates to react. So instead of 4 people taking one larger path and bottlenecking the whole passage, everyone takes their own path knowing they aren't going cut off from the rest of the teammates.

The only exceptions are the far routes which take you behind the hills on each side. Those are perfectly suited for fast crafts who want to slip past everyone unnoticed but do so at the risk of being cut off from their teammates which means they're dead if they're caught. High risk, high reward.

IMO the design of the map reflects on the reality builds in this game are bigger nowadays and old maps like Old Town were designed back in the days when the devs coldn't fathom the sizes of the crafts which would drive in these maps. I think the devs said somewhere eventually they're going to rework all of the maps so we should expect similar changes to other maps too later down the line.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1