BjKalderon

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.10.60 Mass Contagion

What have you done to my Nidhoggs?!? Whereas my clan mate and I used to wreck Lunatic bots, now we barely damage or ragdoll any of them, even when we both shoot them at the same time with a total of seven (7!) Nidhoggs. I understand that the spread is consistent, but they seemed to have lost a lot of force and damage. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Nice! Thank you very much for bringing scorpion apocalypse back. Price on market on Echo and Scorpion says it all.

You could drastically increase power score of legendary/relic weapons so they cant be used to grief beginner players.

You could buff weapons like mammoth, hammerfall, aspect, imp, draco,. cyclone.  weapons most players CAN AFFORD at all.

You could make cannons and Scorpions completely unuseable on hovers.

Reason behind scorpion buff is old as world. Money. Greed. Why bother with game balance when you can just spam pack exclusive OP items and keep nerf circle going. 

Continue to collect your revenue. Enjoy it until game in same genre appears and blows you out of water.

Edited by Vincefeld
  • Upvote 1

sigh they ruined the game........completely and totally ruined it.....raids are now completely unbearable and pvp ps tiers were secretly messed with in last patch as well. what a sketchy game.

• Sad 1

^^I reported this scorpion "feature" a year ago and they still insist it's not a bug.

I also warned about this in the public test held recently:

Spoiler

These are the features I do not like:

• No Scorpion fix for frames. Even with the reduced damage a single Scorpion hit can take out the biggest frame in the game with a single shot due to Scorpion projectile not having pass-through for frames or grilles. Thus the scorpion players do not go for the explosive modules but simply for the frames. This will become a problem again so you guys might as well add this to your to-do list before the complaints start pouring in. I'm pretty sure you're not gonna put it in the next update so the players will unfortunately have to power through it until it gets fixed. Kinda like how we've had to power through the abusive Typhoons. Unless you guys checked the penetration and damage changes specifically against deframing, this will become a problem.

I hope they followed my advice since the complaints have indeed started pouring in.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Spedemix said:

^^I reported this scorpion "feature" a year ago and they still insist it's not a bug.

I also warned about this in the public test held recently:

Hide contents

These are the features I do not like:

• No Scorpion fix for frames. Even with the reduced damage a single Scorpion hit can take out the biggest frame in the game with a single shot due to Scorpion projectile not having pass-through for frames or grilles. Thus the scorpion players do not go for the explosive modules but simply for the frames. This will become a problem again so you guys might as well add this to your to-do list before the complaints start pouring in. I'm pretty sure you're not gonna put it in the next update so the players will unfortunately have to power through it until it gets fixed. Kinda like how we've had to power through the abusive Typhoons. Unless you guys checked the penetration and damage changes specifically against deframing, this will become a problem.

I hope they followed my advice since the complaints have indeed started pouring in.

yet they gave you an answer that its not a bug and working as intented:017:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

yet they gave you an answer that its not a bug and working as intented

Well ok, but i dont think such powerful ability should be available for scorpions, why even have complicated maps if a scorp can one shot your frame, and then another, and u are done, this is forcing anybody to sneak up as close as possible, cuz if u show up before that, your frames/wheels etc. are gone, i also had doubts about it on the test server.

And he is right, complaints have indeed start pouring in, which was to be expected, cmon, its too powerful again, yet they have done a quite balanced typhoon nerf, should do the same with scorp.

Edited by szefopl
  • Upvote 1

On 6/24/2019 at 8:44 AM, old_buddy_ol_pal said:

Cannons should have a place in raids. Oversight, poor planning, and poor balancing by the devs are the reasons they do so poorly.

Cannons in raids is as funny as pyres & hurricanes in raids or tow's xD Some weapons aren't meant for certain modes, what's wrong with shot guns and rapid fire weapons?

On 6/24/2019 at 1:40 PM, ARES_IV said:

I agree.

Indeed. The main reason is the way bots are buffed. They gain more durability which makes explosive weapons far less effective. A shot that would normally cause widespread loss of parts and destruction - and as such large critical damage - only causes few part losses and as a result comparable minor non critical damage.

Add the fact that bot mobs tend to be high in numbers and that you usually have to protect something (by mowing down the bots before they deal to much damage) and you have an recipe for disaster.

I agree that the raid bots are way too bullet spongy but making slow loading weapons viable in raids be to silly and hard. making the raiders easier to kill be easy and better, as 99.9 of the time I get placed on a raid team with 1 or more cannon builds the raid is a lost cause as the builds are to slow and can only due like 20% of the work that's needed while rapid fire and shot guns can kill 20 plus bots in the same time a cannon user kills like 4, cannons, missiles and tow's have no place in raids but least the missiles are 30% better then cannons

I notice a full circle, the player base is back to complaining about the scorpions, when I first started it was all about nerfing them, so they did. Now their semi decent again the nerf complains are back, so far after years on being I've seen just about every weapon class get cries to nerfing them, from shotties to melee, to missiles, to some rapid fire weapons and cannons and drones, auto cannons, tow's escape that as they were never that good of weapons. but the past 6 months I have notice nerf this and nerf that from everything from cabins to modules etc. I remember when I first started on here only scorp hovers where being called to get nerf and only by a few. now if a weapon kills someone more then 2 times in they're gaming that person wants it nerf ... For me nerfs are meant to tone down overly powerful weapons and not because it killed you more then once. Least lately I haven't heard much of nerf hovers :P I sometimes think the dev teams buff certain things to pee off some of the player base as a passive aggressive form of telling them to shush or laughs. Case in point the melee buff a while back and now buffing the scorps. Which also impacts the game cause devs spend sooooooo much time dealing with buff this and nerf all this that no wonder they are slow on new content like maps and parts etc. Not a good excuse but it could be used. though some of the things they put in place does make me raise an eyebrow.

I rather the devs deal with fixing bugs and improving gameplay/graphics and maps then nerfing weaponry, like a year without nerfy this and that but improving the game be great

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, OHBoyNope said:

I notice a full circle, the player base is back to complaining about the scorpions, when I first started it was all about nerfing them, so they did. Now their semi decent again the nerf complains are back,

The reason why we are back to square one with the Scorpion is because the devs never fixed the underlying issue with them. One-shotting frames.

A year ago people complained how Scorp hovers come in and deframe everyone and their mother. Devs' answer: nerf scorp accuracy so it can't be used reliably on a hover in this manner.

During the turn of the year the devs reworked the hovers.

Now they buffed the scorp almost to what it was - perhaps hoping the hover tweak has itself mitigated the original issues with the scorp.

But alas, it hasn't. Doesn't matter how much you tweak the hovers, a Scorp that one-shots a frame is a scorp that one-shots a frame. As long a Scorp is accurate enough to do this reliably, well... it's gonna be a problem. :dntknw:

And that's why we're back to square one with the Scorp. The reduced damage helps a bit with bigger guns not being destroyed in a single shot. But that also has an unintended side effect of giving more incentive for the Scorp players to go straight for the frames. :( Why waste two shots to take out a single Typhoon when you can use one shot to get quarter or half of all the enemy's wheels (depending on how the craft is built)?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

22 hours ago, szefopl said:

Well ok, but i dont think such powerful ability should be available for scorpions, why even have complicated maps if a scorp can one shot your frame, and then another, and u are done, this is forcing anybody to sneak up as close as possible, cuz if u show up before that, your frames/wheels etc. are gone, i also had doubts about it on the test server.

And he is right, complaints have indeed start pouring in, which was to be expected, cmon, its too powerful again, yet they have done a quite balanced typhoon nerf, should do the same with scorp.

should be available for scorpions

Its Relic

Relic Sniper

Most expensive and end game weapon tier in game.

Relic has to be OP learn this. Typhoon still wins against scorp if the typhoon player know where to shoot.

• Confused 5

On 6/27/2019 at 7:22 PM, OHBoyNope said:

Cannons in raids is as funny as pyres & hurricanes in raids or tow's xD Some weapons aren't meant for certain modes, what's wrong with shot guns and rapid fire weapons?

For starters it becomes very boring very quickly. Mowing down bots with the same guns for countless hours in the same repetive raids. If raids would allow more diverse set of weapons this frustration could be reduced.

6 hours ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

Its Relic

A risk we dont have with your brain.

Relic Sniper

Yes, sniper. Not strategic nuke. Shooting weakspot is one thing, shooting an impossible to hide weakspot that any car has to have is something different.

One does wonder why... also price tag has no relevance for game balancing.

Relic has to be OP learn this.

Relic has to be op so that incompetent player like you can feel powerful when seal clubbing. Relic has to be balanced.... against the same PS of any other rarity weapon. End of discussion.

Typhoon still wins against scorp if the typhoon player know where to shoot.

Unlikely.

We get it... you love to seal club to compensate for the insecurities of your miserable life. That however is your personal problem and has no relevance for game balancing.

Scorpion has to be nerfed. Without delay.

And when you are at it devs... slap hovers again.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 6/28/2019 at 1:21 PM, StreaMRoLLeR said:

Relic Sniper

Relic has to be OP learn this. Typhoon still wins against scorp if the typhoon player know where to shoot.

your constant crying to have op scorp/relics makes me think you made some bad purchase choices in the past and now hope to get your value back. 

your concern should be game balance and keeping the game fun for everyone, not just the balance of pixels in your virtual wallet. 

otherwise, get lost. your "contributions" so far are worthless. 

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Upvote 5

You all need to rollback your messing up on steel cradle. Now 10x harder and less reward, means the only people that play it are not good players. Also now that taking down the 3 turrets means a whole lot more enemies spawn and won't stay put, so you have to take them out, which means 9/10 you are spending too much time there and cannot complete the tower that comes up after it. Too many purple bots, which becomes a nightmare on scavengers hard. You have many reaper bots just firing away at you. Ruined one of the few raids people actually enjoyed playing in the game. Should not be a challenge, while also having the ability to buy/sell fuel as the prices on fuel also speak for themselves as no one wants to buy fuel for raids. Not to mention the less payout means the less likely anyone will use a repair kit or buy a repair kit, since getting a whole 7 electronics (with scanner) for completing a raid because 2 times, 2 different teams go in with dumb stuff that cannot deal with the onslaught of bots and thus cannot get past 2 towers is a joke.

Please revert the update on the raid, it was not needed, nor asked for and ruining raids.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:24 AM, Yurker said:

Control 17 now looks like Sandy Gulf 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Also, Scorpion's accuracy on the move buff it's a mistake, snipers have to aim for a good time before shooting accurately.

Now it's like a sniper blowing the hat off of someone from 1.5km while on a trial bike, right now scorpion is back at being a YOLO gun.

Obviously you never played scorpions EVER. The move was not based upon vehicle movement, moving the weapon itself was nerfed... I could sit still, but if I had to turn the weapons quickly 30 degrees to shoot someone? Not accurate. It was a literal joke and in the class of other relics, totally useless as every other weapon is accurate when turning the weapon.

Hover scorps fest starting at 4k PS, usually in squads of 2-3 clanners. Really great patch, totally not foreseeable.

Reminder that this patch was bad. Also, very funny to spend half your matches wheelless because nobody wants to fix Scorp's code against frames/ give another way of defending against it than making a giant pancake.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Clebardman said:

Reminder that this patch was bad. Also, very funny to spend half your matches wheelless because nobody wants to fix Scorp's code against frames/ give another way of defending against it than making a giant pancake.

guess what the recent test of the repair feature was for...

On 7/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, Clebardman said:

Fresh from the test server:

Spoiler

If this makes it to the live server, I say thank you devs!

• Upvote 1

The scorp/frame fix is easy. 

They just need to get rid of this silly damage resistance nonsense on frames and just give them their actual HP. 

So instead of a 100 HP frame with 90% damage resistance, just make it a 1000 HP part. 

The effective net HP is the same. 

This wonky damage resistance math just doesn’t make sense to people. And it isn’t clear in the game. 

Back in the day when frame builds were cancer, this made sense. But frames don’t add to your overall HP anymore, so it doesn’t matter. 

And if melee weapons get a buff to frame damage, then just buff melee weapons to do extra damage to frames. 

This hidden math black box stuff is kind of crappy. I hate black magic in code. 

^^The reason why the frames hae been setup like the way they are is because it's not damage resistance. It's "passthrough" like with grilles. Imagine what would happen if grilles would simply be made 10 time more durable while making them otherwise "normal" parts (ie not letting damage through). That's what you're basically suggesting for frames.

Also keeping the frames (and grilles for that matter) as they are means they are vulnerable to ramming since they take full damage via collision.

Frames = Grilles as far as game logic is concerned.

• Upvote 1

@SpedemixThanks for the info! I can only hope it goes through because pinpoint accurate full damage to frames is just... It shouldn't be in the game.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, Robocraftman said:

Personally, Howl's Perk is kinda weak

Considering its low mass limit, durability, you cannot expect it to stay around an target for long time --- unless you wedge the opponent in a 1V1 situation, but if you successfully wedge someone in a 1V1 situation, do you really need that damage buff?

I use Niddhogg and am happy about new cabin Howl.
I wish the perk would be triggered already at 30-40 meters, that would allow a more dynamic playstyle instead of just sticking into the enemies.

I think this little buff wouldnt make it op, but more felxible to use.

• Like 2

what it means to me without replacing the cap when the draw at the bridge is completely idiot :tankosmile1:

Edited by kostidromcz

On 6/15/2019 at 1:17 PM, Spedemix said:

I have to say I really like the second (or is it the third) mission of the new adventure missions. The one where... (spoiler alert)

Hide contents

...you have to infiltrate the enemy artillery base, take control of the artillery and use it against the Revenant

It really shows us how the Adventure can be so much more than just "Drive here and shoot these guys. Oh look, more guys to shoot".

Also you cant see **** while aiming because game is constantly showing the self-destruct tab at the bottom of the screen