blablabla78987

Night maps and the weather of your garage in real time

Night maps  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Night maps for mission, raids and brawls?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you like the weather of your garage in real time?

• Yes
    • No

I got one word:

Wow

Funniest part is: maps like Powerplant and Nameless Tower are actually suppose to be night maps. They look like cloudy days. Your depictions really seem to encapsulate the idea of a proper night map.

Personally I think it'd be awesome if the game had a constant "real-time" day and night system. Clock keeps ticking and the days turn into evenings and eventually into nights. Depending on which time you begin a battle you might witness a sunset or a sunrise during the match. Of course this cycle wouldn't be real-time per se but sped up real time like so many open world games do. Zelda: Ocarina of Time did it quite well 21 years ago. I think in that game every five minutes represented an hour so 60min = 12h. You'd have 24h day cycle once in two hours, running in all servers including the test drive.

^^That's something I'd really wanna see.

• Upvote 8

I suggested this 950x times over years and yet they gave us the most ugliest map + weather in Tower map.

We need Dynamic Weather Effects

Real Time World Simulation

Also Night map in cw sounds delicious 

• Upvote 2

If I recall correctly, when they introduced the new lighting system, they said that they converted the maps so that they could support different lighting for different times of day. It would be really cool if for every battle a random time would be selected and the map would have that specific time of day for the duration of that battle. They should rework the vehicle lights so they could actually illuminate their surroundings first though.

Perhaps they could add different conditions as one. +1 for me with this suggestion.

• Upvote 2

Looks very interesting! I see that you're kinda using the Mad Max approach to night time by messing with the colors. It would be sweet if they implemented true night time without the sun, then I would be ecstatic. However, I do remember reading somewhere that the reason they don't do that is because the game engine itself cannot handle the night time mode without serious frame drops. Still a cool concept.

As for weather, I think we all can agree having things like wind storms, rain, sand storms, hail, snow, etc. would be absolutely dank to have. All in due time I suppose.

Both a such a small and unprofitable system that I don't see them being easily introduced. It's sad as they are good for the world immersion and emotion of the game play. 

• Upvote 2

i liked all those. 

i remember Chromehounds a long way back. night battles were sick. seeing all the rounds flying and impact flashes

neutrino would be a must

• Upvote 2

I love those ideas.

• Upvote 2

On 7/15/2019 at 10:50 PM, Spedemix said:

I got one word:

Wow

Funniest part is: maps like Powerplant and Nameless Tower are actually suppose to be night maps. They look like cloudy days. Your depictions really seem to encapsulate the idea of a proper night map.

Personally I think it'd be awesome if the game had a constant "real-time" day and night system. Clock keeps ticking and the days turn into evenings and eventually into nights. Depending on which time you begin a battle you might witness a sunset or a sunrise during the match. Of course this cycle wouldn't be real-time per se but sped up real time like so many open world games do. Zelda: Ocarina of Time did it quite well 21 years ago. I think in that game every five minutes represented an hour so 60min = 12h. You'd have 24h day cycle once in two hours, running in all servers including the test drive.

^^That's something I'd really wanna see.

I like this one. They could also have a weather cycle and a season cycle. Midnight, midwinter snowstorm would be interesting to fight in.

However, I think there are other, more important stuff to work on than this atm.

• Upvote 2

This would be very cool, especially if headlights actually worked like real ones, allowing you to see better.  Of course, it also makes you a very visible target, but sometimes that can be useful too.

• Upvote 2

Those edits are AWESOME! Maybe then they will have to implement proper headlights instead of just keep us waiting forever. :014:

• Upvote 2

This is really cool,  but i sadly feel that the devs will direct their workforce towards some garbage no player wants in the game :c

*cough* vehicle repairs  *cough*

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

Yes!!!  Give us night options for all the maps! 

Fireworks will look great on night maps!

Tracer rounds will look great on night maps!

Give us night maps!!!

@blablabla78987:

Edited by Small_An_Simple
Removed image
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

We need them to add a heavy rain, thunder, & lightning storm that lights up the map with each flash. Thunder that echos in your headphones. Rain that you can't see 40 ft in front of you.

We need a complete hurricane storm going on ppl. I want to fight in an insane storm.

• Upvote 4

This is so cool! we can make a scary custom battle where 4 survivors survive 5 mins and 1 hunter hunts them down with weapons! I used to just run nameless tower. I want for custom battles to change weather though.

Edited by NormundsO
  • Upvote 1

Hi all, thank you very much for the positive feedback and to support my idea of Night maps.

I add also the new map 'Crater' and the update map 'El Diablo Gorge', take a look. :)

Like! Like!  like! 

tenor.gif?itemid=13700729

Just and addition:

How about if some of those environmental cycles will came ALSO with some environmental hazards? :11:

Like electric storms (with visual sings before a lighting hit an specific area) :burned:

Or

An (environmental) typhoon/ tornado crossing the map in random patron:curious:

That could spice things in wasteland:04: