xWlLL0Wx

i dont see any other way around it.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Renamed41544 said:

Diamond league w scanner, max can be reached in 3 4hr sessions or less.

Maxing in other leagues w scanner can also be done in 3-4 4hr sessions or less.

 

The key is.....win quick or lose quick, and keep hammering out matches

yeah, i worked that one out early on.

its the difference between a team farming uranium 

and a team chasing a rating. 

also, a while back i was in a group with a hardcore player

there was no break.  it was one after the other.

blocks of 15-20 matches.

it was a stretch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and whadd'ya know i end up getting an invite by the very player mentioned in the post above

easy 20 missions in a row.

i was below par.

i did at one point wonder if i have too many builds on the go.

i should use just three

four.

four.

scorpion on legs

scorpion on hovers

aurora dual cyclone

miniguns.....


any more than that and i spend so much time adapting

that i never actually settle and learn with them.

 

also, i realised that i had a hidden benchmark.

a player that i had never factored in.

to be fair, the interaction started when i got a message during a game

from this player who had died early on.

the message was critical of my build. (which was my 9k build.)

actually, this was the player who said that i was 

'oblivious to how bad i am'

at the time for me, it was easily dismissed.

the player died early on, and i ended up in second place.

i do not take criticism from the dead.

especially during the match they died in.

but it did kinda set the tone for me.

truth is though, 

i always respected this players ability

and over time have come to view them as somewhat exceptional.

despite early comms where they adopted a negative stance.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am settling into my main build.as in for clan wars. i doubt anyone will see it in missions.

i will include some vids in this post. it makes sense for me to only have the one.

it means the only time i use that build, is when i'm playing seriously.

all the others, i can mess about in. i had zero differentiation between testing and playing.


its funny, when i first started with the clan thing i would see names... well, the clan tag mainly and think.... top team

or at least high tier,  and now i look at the names below AIE in the leaderboard, we are 22nd atm.

i dont have a clue how the league thing works so we'll skip past that bit

there are some what i would call big names below us, and some v good players in those clans.

i am nowhere near my best. 

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/35067909-2351-4bd1-8551-db32e6048715

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/4aac0a07-beaa-47d9-b5b7-ed5c54630202

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/90cd3fa7-4e46-4bbb-9451-e4483d294acd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

today i remembered something from a long way back.

during the time of unreal tournament leandri conflict.

where i noticed that if some of the things that people say,

were written down as a statement,

their words could mean something else entirely.

this guy was telling us that a game was too hectic for him.

what he said was 'not for me. i'm f cking an old c nt'.



i cant help it.

some bloke started a conversation with a rectal health problem.

later on, when someone said the words 'black hole' i cracked up.

 

Edited by xWlLL0Wx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched a few of your videos and saw that you were shooting alot instead of aiming. It's a bad habit that develops from using high DPS weapons like Cyclones and Helios. I have a mental note that helps me "Practice Makes Permanent, Not Perfect ". It's a reminder that helps with bad habits. While shooting enemies isn't necessarily a bad habit in itself, aiming for weapons, frames, ect is better.I try to make every round do its optimal potential damage, or miss by a blonde one trying. If you remove someones Scorpion or make a Typhoon smoke with every shot you fire, you will notice they become more reluctant to engage you.

Shoot to kill

Aim to disable 

Your Scorpions looked like they were pretty exposed for a legged build. Putting some spaced armor on the sides might seem a little restricted, but if you can shoot them with your own guns they can hit yours. It's easy to get tunnel vision and hit from the side that you weren't expecting. 

It's the small details that all add up. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeucesWiId said:

Watched a few of your videos and saw that you were shooting alot instead of aiming. It's a bad habit that develops from using high DPS weapons like Cyclones and Helios. I have a mental note that helps me "Practice Makes Permanent, Not Perfect ". It's a reminder that helps with bad habits. While shooting enemies isn't necessarily a bad habit in itself, aiming for weapons, frames, ect is better.I try to make every round do its optimal potential damage, or miss by a blonde one trying. If you remove someones Scorpion or make a Typhoon smoke with every shot you fire, you will notice they become more reluctant to engage you.

Shoot to kill

Aim to disable 

Your Scorpions looked like they were pretty exposed for a legged build. Putting some spaced armor on the sides might seem a little restricted, but if you can shoot them with your own guns they can hit yours. It's easy to get tunnel vision and hit from the side that you weren't expecting. 

It's the small details that all add up. 

yeah, i knew the other day i was playing the scorpions like they were my other weapons.

no role model.

plus, i'm not doing scorpions on legs any more.

sick of getting rushed.

i now find mobility preferable to durabilty

shoot something off from stealth then move to another area and do the same again.

rinse and repeat.


when i do aim down the sight, i'm much quicker about it than i was before.

in and out

but if i sit looking through it for any length of time, i end up not doing very much.

but out of the scope i am much more aggressive

which as you say suits cyclones.


i am going to hit missions hard with a scorpion hover.

there's a few things i want to focus on.

one of which is shooting bits off from stealth.


cheers.

 

 

Edited by xWlLL0Wx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

yeah, i knew the other day i was playing the scorpions like they were my other weapons.

no role model.

plus, i'm not doing scorpions on legs any more.

sick of getting rushed.

i now find mobility preferable to durabilty

shoot something off from stealth then move to another area and do the same again.

rinse and repeat.


when i do aim down the sight, i'm much quicker about it than i was before.

in and out

but if i sit looking through it for any length of time, i end up not doing very much.

but out of the scope i am much more aggressive

which as you say suits cyclones.


i am going to hit missions hard with a scorpion hover.

there's a few things i want to focus on.

one of which is shooting bits off from stealth.


cheers.

 

 

Always use the 2D reticle when aiming without a scope. Choose a reticle color that makes the 2D dot stand out nice and bright for you.

For reference, 

The 2D Reticle looks like the small dot ( • ) and shows where you are aiming. 

The 3D Reticle looks like the expanding X.      ( \  / ) and gets larger when you are moving or firing full automatic weapons to show weapon spread.                   ( /  \ )        They will also move independently of the 2D if an object gets in between the 2D dot and your guns, it shows where your shot will hit. [3D Shows what your shot will hit, it does not show where you're aiming] 

Scorpions don't have any bullet drop, and they have penetration. So you have to think about where the round is going when it's going through the target.  Put the dot on their guns and you will hit them. Put the dot on inner most knuckle of a ML-200 and you will shoot through and hit the frame.

Edited by DeucesWiId
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeucesWiId said:

Always use the 2D reticle when aiming without a scope. Choose a reticle color that makes the 2D dot stand out nice and bright for you.

For reference, 

The 2D Reticle looks like the small dot ( • ) and shows where you are aiming. 

The 3D Reticle looks like the expanding X.      ( \  / ) and gets larger when you are moving or firing full automatic weapons to show weapon spread.                   ( /  \ )        They will also move independently of the 2D if an object gets in between the 2D dot and your guns, it shows where your shot will hit. [3D Shows what your shot will hit, it does not show where you're aiming] 

Scorpions don't have any bullet drop, and they have penetration. So you have to think about where the round is going when it's going through the target.  Put the dot on their guns and you will hit them. Put the dot on inner most knuckle of a ML-200 and you will shoot through and hit the frame.

i have a tiny ball of blue tac right on that dot you speak of. its dark against a light background, and vice versa

and i have gone for green as a reticle colour for the same reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so today, ive had a few games.

tried new things. got somewhere.

made quite a few mistakes

i have shot a scorpion, off of two people that would usually take mine.

ive also taxed a few cyclones as well.

hitting weapons off is very important

it happens to me so often i have lost count.

but its easier to remove a weapon, than it is to kill someone

and that reduces their firepower.

 

Edited by xWlLL0Wx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been playing the same build now for ages. beyond sick of it. i feel like i'm banging my head off of a wall.

i dont feel like i'm going to be any good with scorpions. i have much better games with cyclones.

i used to enjoy playing a triple whirlwind build ffs.

seems like ages ago.

thing is, i'm not getting better, i'm getting worse!

i dont know how thats possible.

i'm not enjoying this.

keep pushing..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You either love or hate scorpions. They aren't like cannons, you can miss by 4 blocks and still do damage to vital parts, hens why they are popular by many players, both in pvp and cw. They're are very easy to use aswell.

Scorpions are a different thing that you have experienced. Missing by 1 block can deal 1 damage unlike cannons.

You need to practice aiming and you will get much better.

And of course we all have bad and good days. 1 day we are having a fantastic day, hitting our shots were we want and other days we have a terrible experience, happens to all of us, even the top players.

As m420 Said, just enjoy the game. You will play better when youre having fun and feeling good. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

right, okay i thought a few hours sleep would change my mood. it did not.

sometimes putting something down, and doing something else

and then going back to what you were doing, actually helps.

viewing something with a fresh pair of eyes, or ears if you make music.

its like, doing something else, clears ones personal cache

however, that has not happened.

mainly because the first thing i wanted to do was address something that happened yesterday.



if i'm wrong about something i have no problem admitting it. 

but then i also re examine things again and to be fair, its not all me.


this guy yesterday, knew that i am struggling atm

and after shooting my weapon off,

messages me to tell me that he's only had his scorps for two days

in the context of my situation, thats rubbing my f cking nose in it.

99 times out of 100  thats what it is. 

you expect exactly that kinda thing, because it happens on xbox.


then theres the 1 time in 100 where it isnt what you think.

and even now......

i'm almost suspicious because its soooo........nice.

i'll be truthful.... 

i dont fully trust this situaton. and so i probably wont resolve it either way.


cause what it would mean is that this guy who i consider a better player than me

in a top clan

was messaging me, as he had only just got his so he was kinda in my position

a nice friendly thing.

timing though...

he knew my situation and sent me that message after stripping me.


i took it as 

ive just rendered you impotent.... and ive only had them two days

yeah, well ive had your mum.

see?, even in the cold light of day, after sleep, i end up in the exact same situation again.

i can say however, that it would not matter who sent me that message.

the response would be the same.

but then counter balancing that is is the possibility that the reality is....

this guy was being genuinely nice

like a child with very large pupils who is holding a small but empty food bowl

god it makes me sick.

so i'm torn.

i have apologised.

i'm happy that there has been a de escalation.

however, i'm still pissed off because i'm still in the same situation i was in yesterday.

so, today, the plan is, die. lots and lots of times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Airplace217 said:

You either love or hate scorpions. They aren't like cannons, you can miss by 4 blocks and still do damage to vital parts, hens why they are popular by many players, both in pvp and cw. They're are very easy to use aswell.

Scorpions are a different thing that you have experienced. Missing by 1 block can deal 1 damage unlike cannons.

You need to practice aiming and you will get much better.

And of course we all have bad and good days. 1 day we are having a fantastic day, hitting our shots were we want and other days we have a terrible experience, happens to all of us, even the top players.

As m420 Said, just enjoy the game. You will play better when youre having fun and feeling good. 

OMG this guy.....

you move around the map

you hear a 'psst'

then you notice that your testicles have disappeared.

nice one for posting!!


its more than a bad day though.

i love the weapon. 

if you have it on legs, you can play it like a high precision cannon. 

but if on legs, during a battle, one would still conform to the group battle pattern

stay as a group.

in that way, scorpions can be played like any other weapon.

conversely, you could put cyclones on hovers 

but you'd still conform to the group dynamic, even if loosely.

 

put scorpions on hover though, 

and you have something else entirely.

there is no other weapon, or platform that enables one to do the things you can do with a scorpion hover..

i cannot play them like cyclones though,

nor should i be moving around the map like i'm on legs

its like nothing i have learned thus far is applicable

and if i try to use what i have already learned, it leads to failure


its more a map thing.

yesterday as soon as the game started i went right out into the map

to shoot someones weapon off when they thought they were safe.

thats something you wouldnt think about unless you had scorpions.


see what i mean?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cannot in all conscience use that scorpion hover for clan wars.

i would much prefer two cyclones and a neutrino

but then we will face scorpions

and why would i not use them if i had them?

my stomach is turning over.

actually

the other day, i did think that clan wars are easier than missions in some respects.

only four enemies.

easier to manage

i only have to shoot two guns off and they are effectively a man down.

i should be able to do that from stealth.

of course if its breakers or spark firebugs i'm probably screwed


one has to push oneself through all of this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay so even though ive been kinda snagged on something since yesterday, 

i did actually take the scorpion hover out on clan matches.

i had one really good game. i mean really good. 

then things tailed off a bit.

so i switched to dual cyclones for the remainder and did quite well to good, consistantly.

Edited by xWlLL0Wx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now for something different.

i do a few things, one of which is, i create lasershows.

well, its not really a show.

i reckon you have to have multiple lasers arranged in some kinda formation

all working at the same time. choreographed. that would be a show.

no, i create colours shapes and lines

then i make them all move.

and project them through a laser.

mute your speakers for gods sake.

https://youtu.be/0ufFeFtGD6Y

 

i also have some nice eye candy to go with it

 

Edited by xWlLL0Wx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

couple of vids now, 

first one was the first round of that very good game i had.

bare in mind, i was expecting disaster.

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/bb43ad91-f1d5-4eec-909f-4226525e8d48

and then round two

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/bb43ad91-f1d5-4eec-909f-4226525e8d48

and as a bonus clip. 

this is kinda typical of late.

one thing i have got right though, is the green reticle.

lots of contrast between light and dark in this vid,

reticle is clear and visible  throughout.

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/67cec87b-e801-4eda-9a20-31aa77252f83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what is it about 3 cyclones, thats so much nicer than 2?

we know its nicer, but why?

i dont want to overuse technical jargon, 

but it feels like your firing steak cut chips, instead of french fries

kind of a....'yeah, this is nice.' thing.

i would say i have a preference towards 3 cyclones, 

over two cyclones and an aurora.

discounting durability issues.

the potential to do double the damage of 2 cyclones is very nice

but what you get with 3 cyclones, is 50% more explosive rounds in your attack.


the autocannon is by far my most favoured weapon

the whirlwind being my favourite

thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it seems that we are happy with our position.

its not worth risking the weekly reward, and i'm happy enough with that.

i have acquired a third cyclone, 

and i bought another garage space, 

to put my triple whirlwind walker in.

i am also happy playing clan wars with 3 cyclones.

comfortable.

effective.

i imagine its nice for the other 3 players in the team, 

when an enemy dies, that they were not shooting at.

really, the only things i worry about are breakers and scorpions atm.

everything else is do able.


its been a strange week. positives and negatives.

we adapt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont get this, yesterday we finished 29th.

no idea how many points, but when i look today, 

it says we are 20th, 449/450 points

i have no idea why.

its probably something to do with 'leagues'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there doesnt appear to be anyone on for clan wars.......

2nd week in a row.

anyway the vid is merely of my first game of the day

its a different world.

if they actually do get around to making a relic autocannon..... my god....

but for now

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/c0ee2642-fa9d-4b58-8a3b-2f05d4a14401

also, legs... evading avoiding attacks 

firebugs etc

i have not seen many.... if any..... even attempt it

this game, not the best map for me....no scope.

we outnumbered them as well.

but even with three whirlwinds,

and actually, thats nice damage , even at close range

i was able to wriggle out

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/94ab003c-55ec-403f-be5e-6396329ea22b

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you would be surprised now many times this has been playing while i have.

not only that, i am bobbing around in my chair....

singing

and doing a little ripple to the left for that synth bit at the end of every second bar.

 

Edited by xWlLL0Wx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xWlLL0Wx said:

you would be surprised now many times this has been playing while i have.

not only that, i am bobbing around in my chair....

singing

and doing a little ripple to the left for that synth bit at the end of every second bar.

 

So sad

image.png.adb40b4cd16f6fe7fe841897906a66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay here we have a match from tonight.

i'd say it was a good one! 

three cyclones.

a rather conventional first round

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/e7cb9c86-947d-4cd0-8f71-b07d6031162d

followed by a slightly more lively one.

https://xboxclips.com/WlLL0W/d73f9e26-9429-4e0e-b0c7-989aacd27580

a nod and a smile to the chaps at [NGU]

when i want a light i'll ask for one!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.